Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+56
gone
Balls Grayson
Yef
Deluded F*ck™
Sgoater1
kolee33
Juligen
Protheus
Lordanger
Murray
Calidad
Cesc Soler
Historicus
EM Seleção e Selecção
The Easter Bunny
Batman
TheCrazy58
shazlx
Fey
Rosicky
Tweesus
Sheffield gunner
Hem fet un mal partit
DeLux
The Pröfessör
forza_rossi
golsud
Nightwing
Torrente
The-Frank-Tavern
DS
Luso
L.r.d
S4P
robert
COTR
toon h
lrdsucksgoats
Super Progress
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Luis
Jaime
Machiavel
christmasborocooper
fcb
Glenarch of the Glen
Axeslammer
The Bulk
110%
Dick Grayson
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
Dwarf
Chocolate Thunder
Ricardo Jol
Football Genius
60 posters

Ronaldo off to Spain....

L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Ronaldo off to Spain.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Ronaldo off to Spain....

Post by L.r.d Fri May 23, 2008 8:46 am

And in the real world

Ronaldo said: “My future will be clear next week. Everyone will be pleased — my club as well as me.

“I think I will definitely be here next season. Yes, I want to stay.

“I have played five years for this club and I’d love to stay here.

“I love the people, the players are fantastic, the atmosphere is unbelievable, the staff are great. That is the reason I want to stay.

“We won the most important trophies this season. I want to do it again next season but no one knows the future.

“I want to stay, I feel very happy in the club. I win trophies, the people are friendly, supporters are amazing, everything is fun for me. It’s very good.”

Biggrin
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri May 23, 2008 8:54 am

L.r.d wrote:And in the real world

Ronaldo said: “My future will be clear next week. Everyone will be pleased — my club as well as me.

“I love the people, the players are fantastic, the atmosphere is unbelievable, the staff are great. That is the reason I want to stay.

“We won the most important trophies this season. I want to do it again next season but no one knows the future.

“I want to stay, I feel very happy in the club. I win trophies, the people are friendly, supporters are amazing, everything is fun for me. It’s very good.”

Biggrin

Massive contract for him, and 80 million euros + Robinho for Man. Utd...Glazers would certainly take that.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Fri May 23, 2008 10:07 am

No they wouldn't.

It's really strange that your so desperate for him to move to Real Madrid. Very Happy
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 23, 2008 10:10 am

I know, but like I said in one of the other threads, it would be highly amusing to see them spend so much money on a signing that I just can't see working out Very Happy
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Fri May 23, 2008 11:39 am

Biggrin

Right after that interview he gave one to another newspaper and said that he wouldn't promise anything about staying. I think he's trying to use Madrid to get a better contract, but there's no doubt Ronaldo is sending mixed signals all over the place.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri May 23, 2008 11:41 am

torrente = spot on
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 23, 2008 1:43 pm

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3601325,00.html

FERGUSON: MADRID HAVE NO MORALS
    Posted 23/05/08 13:27
    EmailPrintSave

Prem 2008/09 Win Outright: Man Utd 11/10

Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Real Madrid of lacking morals over their dogged pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Barely had the champagne been uncorked after Manchester United's momentous Champions League final triumph over Chelsea than Ronaldo's Old Trafford future was thrown into question.

The 23-year-old has hardly helped with a series of ambigious statements, which seemed to be aimed at increasing his salary despite only agreeing a new five-year contract last summer.

Real have wasted little time in making their interest known in a player coach Bernd Schuster would love to have at the Bernabeu.

Both Schuster and club president Ramon Calderon have expressed their admiration for the Portugal winger, which has only served to increase Ferguson's annoyance.

"They think they can ride roughshod over everyone but they won't do it with us," declared the Scot.

"Real Madrid have no moral issues at all.

"In terms of great clubs, Barcelona have far better morality than Real Madrid will ever have.

"Do you not think we have had many expressions of interest about our players from big clubs in Europe?

"Real Madrid are not the only club interested in Ronaldo. But the others are not saying so. They don't get into this nonsense."

Ferguson has found particularly ironic a statement from Calderon effectively alleging Ronaldo is remaining at United against his will.

Given General Franco's 40-year dictatorship was often to the benefit of Real in their battles with Catalan giants Barcelona, it is a comment the Manchester United manager is happy to submerge in sarcasm.

"I read on Teletext last night; Calderon is talking, Schuster is talking," he said.

"Calderon makes that great statement 'Slavery was abolished many years ago'. Did they tell Franco that? Give me a break.

"The simple fact is Cristiano has another four years left on his contract."

However, it does not appear the Spanish giants will abandon their attempt to lure Ronaldo to La Liga.

After all, David Beckham, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo's good friend Gabriel Heinze have all joined Real from United in recent years.

In Heinze's case it was a deal that suited United totally given the player's oft-stated desire to join Liverpool.

Beckham and Van Nistelrooy were apparently in their prime when they left Old Trafford though, a fact not lost on observers who feel Madeira-born Ronaldo will eventually find the lure of Spain too great to resist.

Yet Ferguson is happy to point out both Beckham and Van Nistelrooy had reached the end of their usefulness for the Red Devils, who do not let players go who they want to keep.

"It doesn't matter which player it is, the ones you want to keep you have to work hard for," he said.

"In the modern day that is a fact. It is not lost on Manchester United but it is not lost on Real Madrid either.

"Yes, we sold them Van Nistelrooy and Beckham but we did that because we wanted to."

With Ronaldo now due to join up with Portugal ahead of their Euro 2008 campaign and therefore not expected back at United's Carrington training complex until the end of July, his future will be the subject of endless discussion over the coming weeks.

However, neither Ferguson nor chief executive David Gill has been anything other than steadfast in their conviction Ronaldo will start the 2008-09 campaign at Old Trafford.

The same cannot be said of Gerard Pique though, with Ferguson confirming he has decided to let the young defender leave for Barcelona.

Louis Saha may also be allowed to move on, although United are looking to strengthen rather than weaken a squad which has just landed the biggest prizes of all.

"I met with (assistant) Carlos Queiroz this morning and analysed what we need next year," revealed Ferguson.

"Right away with have three extra games, one in the Super Cup and two in World Club Championship in Japan.

"That trip takes it out of you and it is more or less a week away.

"We have seen what happened to Rangers this year after playing 67 games so we need to decide what our squad is going to be."

cheers cheers cheers
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Fri May 23, 2008 2:10 pm

Torrente wrote:

Biggrin

Right after that interview he gave one to another newspaper and said that he wouldn't promise anything about staying. I think he's trying to use Madrid to get a better contract, but there's no doubt Ronaldo is sending mixed signals all over the place.

That was the wording. He just laughed and said i don't promise anything to anyone not even my mother. Every interview on t.v ive seen, he's said he wants to stay and will. Straight after the final live on t.v he said yes i stay definitly. Then again this kind of interview here. The mixed signals come from newspaper headlines of his ''You never know in the future'' and they try their best to turn that into he's leaving.

There's just nothing to it, possibly he's using the rumours to his advantage for a better contract. But he recently got a new one so i doubt the club would offer another.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri May 23, 2008 2:50 pm

kas wrote:http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3601325,00.html

FERGUSON: MADRID HAVE NO MORALS
    Posted 23/05/08 13:27
    EmailPrintSave

Prem 2008/09 Win Outright: Man Utd 11/10

Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Real Madrid of lacking morals over their dogged pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Barely had the champagne been uncorked after Manchester United's momentous Champions League final triumph over Chelsea than Ronaldo's Old Trafford future was thrown into question.

The 23-year-old has hardly helped with a series of ambigious statements, which seemed to be aimed at increasing his salary despite only agreeing a new five-year contract last summer.

Real have wasted little time in making their interest known in a player coach Bernd Schuster would love to have at the Bernabeu.

Both Schuster and club president Ramon Calderon have expressed their admiration for the Portugal winger, which has only served to increase Ferguson's annoyance.

"They think they can ride roughshod over everyone but they won't do it with us," declared the Scot.

"Real Madrid have no moral issues at all.

"In terms of great clubs, Barcelona have far better morality than Real Madrid will ever have.

"Do you not think we have had many expressions of interest about our players from big clubs in Europe?

"Real Madrid are not the only club interested in Ronaldo. But the others are not saying so. They don't get into this nonsense."

Ferguson has found particularly ironic a statement from Calderon effectively alleging Ronaldo is remaining at United against his will.

Given General Franco's 40-year dictatorship was often to the benefit of Real in their battles with Catalan giants Barcelona, it is a comment the Manchester United manager is happy to submerge in sarcasm.

"I read on Teletext last night; Calderon is talking, Schuster is talking," he said.

"Calderon makes that great statement 'Slavery was abolished many years ago'. Did they tell Franco that? Give me a break.

"The simple fact is Cristiano has another four years left on his contract."

However, it does not appear the Spanish giants will abandon their attempt to lure Ronaldo to La Liga.

After all, David Beckham, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo's good friend Gabriel Heinze have all joined Real from United in recent years.

In Heinze's case it was a deal that suited United totally given the player's oft-stated desire to join Liverpool.

Beckham and Van Nistelrooy were apparently in their prime when they left Old Trafford though, a fact not lost on observers who feel Madeira-born Ronaldo will eventually find the lure of Spain too great to resist.

Yet Ferguson is happy to point out both Beckham and Van Nistelrooy had reached the end of their usefulness for the Red Devils, who do not let players go who they want to keep.

"It doesn't matter which player it is, the ones you want to keep you have to work hard for," he said.

"In the modern day that is a fact. It is not lost on Manchester United but it is not lost on Real Madrid either.

"Yes, we sold them Van Nistelrooy and Beckham but we did that because we wanted to."

With Ronaldo now due to join up with Portugal ahead of their Euro 2008 campaign and therefore not expected back at United's Carrington training complex until the end of July, his future will be the subject of endless discussion over the coming weeks.

However, neither Ferguson nor chief executive David Gill has been anything other than steadfast in their conviction Ronaldo will start the 2008-09 campaign at Old Trafford.

The same cannot be said of Gerard Pique though, with Ferguson confirming he has decided to let the young defender leave for Barcelona.

Louis Saha may also be allowed to move on, although United are looking to strengthen rather than weaken a squad which has just landed the biggest prizes of all.

"I met with (assistant) Carlos Queiroz this morning and analysed what we need next year," revealed Ferguson.

"Right away with have three extra games, one in the Super Cup and two in World Club Championship in Japan.

"That trip takes it out of you and it is more or less a week away.

"We have seen what happened to Rangers this year after playing 67 games so we need to decide what our squad is going to be."

cheers cheers cheers
    Dont tell that to Arsenal fans.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Fergie <Ale>
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi Fri May 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Fergie indeed Ale
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Fri May 23, 2008 5:15 pm

forza_rossi wrote:Fergie indeed Ale

It's just a pity ronaldo is equally to blame for all this Wink
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Fri May 23, 2008 5:17 pm

Madrid = a club without any class ok

They are becoming a disgrace to the sport.
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Fri May 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Hlebtastic wrote:Madrid = a club without any class ok

As opposed to the nouveau riche upstarts.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Well they unsettle players in public, Arsenal do it secretly and at a younger age. Same thing really.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Fri May 23, 2008 5:23 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Coming from an Arsenal supporter...

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri May 23, 2008 5:35 pm

I agree that Arsenal do it privately. I must say Real have a certain arrogance when they do it, but really every big club does this.

This is what Cristiano Ronaldo said when he arrived at the airport today:

"I do not want to talk about the market. I don't have an agreement with Real. I will decide on my future in two weeks. Real are only in contact with Man U and only want to talk to them."
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri May 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Arsenal = a club without any European Cups Ale

P.S. Don't worry, we'll leave you with Hleb.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri May 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Jaime wrote:

Laughing

What's with the avatar?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri May 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

Laughing

What's with the avatar?

I lost a bet with kas. Grr
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Fri May 23, 2008 5:38 pm

I will say that Caldron is an idiot and is disgracing the club. what i dont get is when people say that at least Perez was better. he contacted players aswell but he was just better at covering it up.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Fri May 23, 2008 5:38 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

Laughing

What's with the avatar?

What did you bet?
    I lost to one with the barca fans too. if i won they had to have Figo has their avatar. Very Happy
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri May 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

Laughing

What's with the avatar?

What did you bet?

It was over Spanish League Fantasy Football. I can't remember how it started but basically my team had no Barcelona players his team had no Real Madrid players and the overall winner got to pick the others avatar for a week.
    golsud

Post by golsud Fri May 23, 2008 5:44 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

Laughing

What's with the avatar?

What did you bet?
    I lost to one with the barca fans too. if i won they had to have Figo has their avatar. Very Happy

This one?

Ronaldo off to Spain.... - Page 4 1znsw88

Biggrin Wink
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Fri May 23, 2008 5:47 pm

golsud wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

Laughing

What's with the avatar?

What did you bet?

This one?

Biggrin Wink
    I was thinking:

Ronaldo off to Spain.... - Page 4 120042_figo

or one from when he scored against barcelona.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri May 23, 2008 5:53 pm

C. Ronaldo wrote:

"I do not want to talk about the market. I don't have an agreement with Real. I will decide on my future in two weeks. Real are only in contact with Man U and only want to talk to them."

Why is Ronaldo saying stuff like that. The quotation above is from today, when he arrived at Lisbon airport.

He has just won the CL. He is at a massive club and he is adored there. He is flourishing in the Premiership. So what's all this "we'll see in two weeks". That's a little disrespectful, IMO, to Man U.
    golsud

Post by golsud Fri May 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    golsud wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

Laughing

What's with the avatar?

What did you bet?

This one?

Biggrin Wink
    I was thinking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAPMkchT7hs Laughing
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri May 23, 2008 5:56 pm

C. Ronaldo wrote:

Why is Ronaldo saying stuff like that. The quotation above is from today, when he arrived at Lisbon airport.

He has just won the CL. He is at a massive club and he is adored there. He is flourishing in the Premiership. So what's all this "we'll see in two weeks". That's a little disrespectful, IMO, to Man U.

According to Ferguson, Calderon made him say it. And the ghost of Franco was there with a gun to his head while a reporter from Marca recorded his statements.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Fri May 23, 2008 6:03 pm

golsud wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:
    golsud wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

Laughing

What's with the avatar?

What did you bet?

This one?

Biggrin Wink
    I was thinking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAPMkchT7hs Laughing
    He had to act like that in Barcelona. he was waiting to become a white. his heart is white. Razz
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 23, 2008 6:20 pm

This is getting even more interesting, I sense Marca about to become very anti-Ferguson. Their current headline (quoting Fergie):

"Calderón usa a MARCA para desestabilizar"

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:03 am