Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Sgoater1
Ricardo Jol
110%
Super Progress
shazlx
COTR
Dwarf
Since 1888
L.r.d
Pierre Littbarski
Axeslammer
Effenberg
anglophileHedgehog
robert
Luis
blutgraetsche
Fey
Ä
22 posters

Congrats Holland

Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Congrats Holland - Page 2 Empty Re: Congrats Holland

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:14 pm

Please dont let Romania win, i need them not to qualify for my bets.

Great team but i didnt think they would have a serious chance of qualifying....it appears im wrong.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:17 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:Please dont let Romania win, i need them not to qualify for my bets.

Great team but i didnt think they would have a serious chance of qualifying....it appears im wrong.
    don't worry. at least Frei will sc...oh, wait.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:Please dont let Romania win, i need them not to qualify for my bets.

We can meet Italy in the semi's again... If we get a chance to knock them out by losing a game we will do that. Every sane person would do that.

If Romania draw Italy they have an excellent chance to progress (If we beat France)
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:32 pm

Congrats Holland.
    I pray for a Germany - Holland final at this tournament. It would be a pure spectacle drunken
    (And would net me some money too, cause i put 10€ on that final before the EC started)
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:47 pm

If Holland had Berbatov instead of RVN, the score could've been 5 or 6.

WG Ale
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:15 am

110% wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:Pirlo doesnt need two Dms. its more down to managers being conservative. Donadoni doesnt really take risks as such and that is why they play with 2 Dms next to him. Milan were at their best when they used only Gattuso-Pirlo.

Not that I want to support shaxlx's mad ramblings but I am afraid that you're wrong here. You missed the fact that they used to play seedorf in the current ambrosini position helping out defensively on the left of midfield.

However milan played their best when ambrosini came in as he is a defensive midfielder and seedorf was allowed to push forward in his more natural position.
    Yes i do remember Seedorf playing more in Ambrosini's role but he i liked him more in that role even though its not his best. Seedorf worked well and they won their last title in that formation and played their best football allthough that is because of other things aswell(better Fbs,Shevchenko). my point was just that Pirlo can funtion without having two dms next to him and i think he has proven that.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by toon h Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:22 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Fey wrote:It was only the World Champions!!

I say it A LOT!! Germans and Italians CAN NOT play football...just luck!!

scratch

Bearing in mind that its easier to pass when the other team has to chase the game by courtesy of one of the all time worst pieces of officiating at a major tournament - I'd say Italy played football easily as good as Holland.

Holland's passing is quicker but Italy's is more intricate and IMO more beautiful to watch.

You aren't going to win a major tournie with Ruud and Huntelaar as your forwards - you'd have more chance with Germany's third-rate Poles up front.

are you saying that Italy were CHASING the game with half an hour played with only a single goal down? that is really bad. No team should give away spaces at that point in the game.

and Holland should have had a penalty before already, even if RVN did not go down. Penalty it was and when the "advantage" did not work out, he should have given it.

and besides, the first goal wasn't offside.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:44 pm

toon h wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Fey wrote:It was only the World Champions!!

I say it A LOT!! Germans and Italians CAN NOT play football...just luck!!

scratch

Bearing in mind that its easier to pass when the other team has to chase the game by courtesy of one of the all time worst pieces of officiating at a major tournament - I'd say Italy played football easily as good as Holland.

Holland's passing is quicker but Italy's is more intricate and IMO more beautiful to watch.

You aren't going to win a major tournie with Ruud and Huntelaar as your forwards - you'd have more chance with Germany's third-rate Poles up front.

are you saying that Italy were CHASING the game with half an hour played with only a single goal down? that is really bad. No team should give away spaces at that point in the game.

and Holland should have had a penalty before already, even if RVN did not go down. Penalty it was and when the "advantage" did not work out, he should have given it.
    and besides, the first goal wasn't offside.

Er...someone didn't watch the replays Doh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:49 pm