Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
Romford Pele
Ricardo Jol
Onur 1905
Machiavel
Chocolate Thunder
Historicus
Tom
Luso
Z&H
gone
robert
Sgoater1
TITO
Deluded F*ck™
debaser
S4P
Enigma
Kroos
72-76-80-96-08
Juligen
Protheus
The Pröfessör
Dwarf
Rasiak-9
COTR
The Easter Bunny
Black Magic
Fey
Sheffield gunner
L.r.d
blutgraetsche
EM Seleção e Selecção
Luis
Kimbo
Axeslammer
Tuga
Calidad
fcb
DeLux
Bashmachkin
bluenine
SuperMario
lampiao007
DS
Parks lives
DD
50 posters

Day 5 - Round 2: Group A: Czech-Portugal; Swiss-Turkey

Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Day 5 - Round 2: Group A: Czech-Portugal; Swiss-Turkey - Page 19 Empty Re: Day 5 - Round 2: Group A: Czech-Portugal; Swiss-Turkey

Post by Calidad Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:51 pm

Volkan is a pimp of a goalkeeper

that match was one of my favourites thus far...bordering on farsical...
    Calidad
    Calidad

Day 5 - Round 2: Group A: Czech-Portugal; Swiss-Turkey - Page 19 Empty Re: Day 5 - Round 2: Group A: Czech-Portugal; Swiss-Turkey

Post by Calidad Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:51 pm

Volkan is a pimp of a goalkeeper

that match was one of my favourites thus far...bordering on farsical...
    Onur 1905
    Onur 1905

Number of posts : 243
    Supports : Galatasaray
    Favourite Player : Hagi, Arda, Kewell
    Registration date : 2007-12-02

Post by Onur 1905 Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:51 pm

Arda Turan (Turkey)

Turkey gave themselves a chance of moving into the quarter-finals as they defeated co-hosts Switzerland 2-1 in Basel and it was Arda Turan, the scorer of their late winner, who was voted Carlsberg Man of the Match.

Stunning strike
    After finding themselves behind at half-time Turkey were a different side in the second period and nobody made more of an impact on that change than 21-year-old Galatasaray AS midfielder Arda Turan. With time running out he found himself with possession just outside the penalty area before hitting a stunning strike that flew past Swiss goalkeeper Diego Benaglio and eliminated Switzerland.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:54 pm

onurgs1905 wrote:Arda Turan (Turkey)

Turkey gave themselves a chance of moving into the quarter-finals as they defeated co-hosts Switzerland 2-1 in Basel and it was Arda Turan, the scorer of their late winner, who was voted Carlsberg Man of the Match.

Stunning strike
    After finding themselves behind at half-time Turkey were a different side in the second period and nobody made more of an impact on that change than 21-year-old Galatasaray AS midfielder Arda Turan. With time running out he found himself with possession just outside the penalty area before hitting a stunning strike that flew past Swiss goalkeeper Diego Benaglio and eliminated Switzerland.

He was in my fantasy team last week, but didn't play. So I took him out this week and he scores Doh

Looks a talented player. I don't think he was helped by the weather though. Will look forward to seeing him against the Czechs ok
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:06 pm

Was a great game: Swiss -Turkey... Loads of fight for the win and the rain was outstanding to watch in the first half! I really enjoyed it! It's a pity the co host are out but on the other hand the Turkey- Czechia game will be a cracker right now....

Well done Turkey, as I expected. I also predicted them to go through (with Portugal) before the Tourney....

If I were Swiss i would have played for the 1-1 instead of trying to win it because with that score Portugal were automatically number 1 so the Swiss had a great chance to beat them. While Turkey and Czechia both still had a chance by winning the game... A draw or a loss from Czechia would have been enough for the Swiss then to progress...
    Z&H
    Z&H

Number of posts : 368
    Registration date : 2007-03-30

Post by Z&H Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:30 pm

lampiao007 wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    BM Knows Best wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:In terms of entertainment this is the best tourney since 98.

*Waits for Kimbo*

Not at all, it's livened up in the last 2 or 3 days. But i'm not going to pretend a turd is gold like you, some of the games have been BAD. <Ale>

The usual suspects. France, Germany, Poland...... Twisted Evil

With the quality players they have they should at least bother to entertain if they have no ambition. I'm still nursing a grudge against them because of WC 2006 group stages where they awoke at last minute and doomed me to watching nightmarish Switzerland vs Ukraine. Unforgiven says I Evil or Very Mad
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:47 am

Protheus wrote:
    Fey wrote:
    Protheus wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:Ricardo is a joke, one of the worst keepers in the tournament when it comes to set pieces.

Add corners, off the ball, etc, etc etc.... except penalties.

Where is Baia? He is a good keeper!

Retired last year. He was out of the national side for long. Scolari and the FA removed him from selections as he was a witness against the FA in the court.

He's where he should be; far from letting in 'Poborski' goals and blaiming the defence...
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:49 am

TITO wrote:Because he didn't let Ronaldo take a free kick in the first game, and tonight he did the same.
    And he actually isn't that good in taking them!

Actually, he is. Quite good really.
    Fucking up these two chances doesn't change that.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:53 am

Quaresma to take Simao's place. Sabrosa never had a place in Portugal's 11 and he doesn't deserve one on these performances.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:04 am

L.r.d wrote:What's that they're singing? It's to the theme of Viva Ronaldo but in Portuguese

Didn't hear it. Only heard Sporting's 'só eu sei'... and the usuals.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:05 am

Turan is a potential , Newcastle would do very well to get him.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:53 am

Turks are awesome easily one of the best games in the tournament so far.

Semih Senturk should start next game he seems like a proper centre forward Ale
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:02 am

Both hosts out after 6 days?

Ale
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:59 am

Day 5 - Round 2: Group A: Czech-Portugal; Swiss-Turkey - Page 19 713885_w2
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tom Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:06 am

what kind of stupid hair is that
    Knoblauch

Number of posts : 592
    Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica
    Favourite Player : Lazer Markovic
    Registration date : 2007-03-01

Post by Knoblauch Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:28 am

Another good performance from Portugal, particularly against a team that plays in their style. All things considered I thought that Pepe, Carvalho and Ricardo handled their crosses(our biggest weakness, against their greatest strength.) far better than anyone could have hoped.
    Of course, the easier people for MOTM, Deco and Ronaldo deserve their praise, but I thought that Simão was particularly effective in carrying out Scolari's instructions, and probably showed, in this game, why he, and not Quaresma, is first choice.
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:55 am

Luso wrote:
    TITO wrote:Because he didn't let Ronaldo take a free kick in the first game, and tonight he did the same.
    And he actually isn't that good in taking them!

Actually, he is. Quite good really.
    Fucking up these two chances doesn't change that.

ok

Both Deco & Simao are much better free-kick takers then Ronaldo. I absolute hate it when that bellend does that stupid pose just before he takes the FK, only to inevitably send it over.
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:10 am

Ignorant, naive tosser. wrote:Another good performance from Portugal, particularly against a team that plays in their style. All things considered I thought that Pepe, Carvalho and Ricardo handled their crosses(our biggest weakness, against their greatest strength.) far better than anyone could have hoped.
    Of course, the easier people for MOTM, Deco and Ronaldo deserve their praise, but I thought that Simão was particularly effective in carrying out Scolari's instructions, and probably showed, in this game, why he, and not Quaresma, is first choice.

You've got to be kidding. Simão was horrible and so slow and always wasted the few opportunities he had. Quaresma played without Moutinho thus with lesser conections to the midfield and even so he managed to create a opportunity and scored a goal. It was easy but even so one must be in the right place to score.

And we didn´t play that well. We've conceded plenty of space, look a little lost for a lot of time and the result was better than the performance. We've had our moments but we weren´t very solid.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:20 am

Congrats Portugal. Impressive so far. Hope we have to play you in the final, would be tasty.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:27 am

I almost fell out of my shorts when Ronaldo made the pass for Portugal's 3rd. Was anyone else suprised? What happened?
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:28 am

not impressive, czech were on the same level
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:31 am

Toni Kroos wrote:not impressive, czech were on the same level
    und? the Czechs beat you during qualifcation. They might not have played well the first match (mainly because Brueckner playing Koller), but they still have a very decent squad.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:33 am

germany was the first nation who was qualified for the euro, after that germany didnt take the rest serious

we doomed czech on there own pitch, and they doomed us in germany because germany was still qualified at this time Ale
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:germany was the first nation who was qualified for the euro, after that germany didnt take the rest serious

we doomed czech on there own pitch, and they doomed us in germany because germany was still qualified at this time Ale
    well if we're being picky it was actually austria and switzerland.
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:50 pm

If we play bad and win, imagine if we start playing to our normal strengths Wink
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Glennko Hysénjcar wrote:I almost fell out of my shorts when Ronaldo made the pass for Portugal's 3rd. Was anyone else suprised? What happened?

Saw NutWing streaking onto the pitch out of the corner of his eye, and had no choice but to give up the ball before doing a runner.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:59 pm

lampiao007 wrote:

If we play bad and win, imagine if we start playing to our normal strengths Wink

If you start playing as a *team*...

So far I have seen a lot of players going for their own glory, not for the team.

As it stands you're one of a small group of favourites, if you start playing like a team (and get rid of Ricardo) you'll be the sole favourite IMO Ale
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Post by lampiao007 Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Unfortunately, Quim is out injured. So our chances of a better goalie are not famous
    Although I would take Nuno or Rui Patricio any day...
    Except on a penalty shoot out that is....
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Post by lampiao007 Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Saying that, Cech is probably the best in the world, and he let 3 in....Smile
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:35 pm

lampiao007 wrote:Saying that, Cech is probably the best in the world, and he let 3 in....Smile

Cech hasn't been his old self since the injury, I honestly don't think he's anywhere near the best of the world at the moment.

Buffon on the other hand Whistle

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:14 pm