Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Jaime
Deano
Tweesus
Luis
Riviera
Chocolate Thunder
Rosicky
fcb
Batman
Bashmachkin
Deluded F*ck™
Glenarch of the Glen
debaser
Sheffield gunner
Cesc Soler
christmasborocooper
Romford Pele
Di Caniooooo!
Kimbo
23 posters

Shearer and stuff

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Shearer and stuff - Page 3 Empty Re: Shearer and stuff

Post by Jaime Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:00 pm

I wonder what, if any, effect Shearer might have on Owen. He looked rather indifferent against Arsenal.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:43 pm

First person I thought of was Owen. The others were Ben Shephard and Danny Jones.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:44 pm

Surely the winner in all this is the person who religiously watches MOTD?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:49 pm

what does your fat, listless geordie girlfriend make of the news Tweedle?
    Don Salieri

Number of posts : 77
    Supports : Reading
    Favourite Player : Graham Murty
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by Don Salieri Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:50 pm

I dont really see the point of Alan taking the job now. He had an opportunity last January when Keegan took over to be assistant manager, and then after he was sacked. But he chooses to take it with 8 games to go, admist of a relegation battle.
    Don Salieri

Post by Don Salieri Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:50 pm

I dont really see the point of Alan taking the job now. He had an opportunity last January when Keegan took over to be assistant manager, and then after he was sacked. But he chooses to take it with 8 games to go, admist of a relegation battle.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Don Salieri wrote:I dont really see the point of Alan taking the job now. He had an opportunity last January when Keegan took over to be assistant manager, and then after he was sacked. But he chooses to take it with 8 games to go, admist of a relegation battle.

Well surely the point is that he thinks he can stop the club being relegated. Why wait for us to go down? He's a Newcastle fan, he doesn't want to see that.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 pm

2 points from 8 Glenns wrote:I dont really see the point of Alan taking the job now. He had an opportunity last January when Keegan took over to be assistant manager, and then after he was sacked. But he chooses to take it with 8 games to go, admist of a relegation battle.

lol!
    Don Salieri

Post by Don Salieri Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:56 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    borocooper wrote:Some bloke on Sky just described Jonas as a "bitter disappointment"...bit harsh?

I'd describe Coloccini as a bitter disappointment, but not Jonas.

Definately better than anyone in Holland ok

Never understood what happened to Coloccini he was very promising when he started out, dubbed the next "Ayala". But it never happened for the poor lad.

Jonas has been a decent signing for Newcastle, him and Martins are the only ones who really provide any pace to their attack.
    Don Salieri

Post by Don Salieri Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Don Salieri wrote:I dont really see the point of Alan taking the job now. He had an opportunity last January when Keegan took over to be assistant manager, and then after he was sacked. But he chooses to take it with 8 games to go, admist of a relegation battle.

Well surely the point is that he thinks he can stop the club being relegated. Why wait for us to go down? He's a Newcastle fan, he doesn't want to see that.

All im saying there were better opportunites for him to take over. He's has a zero experience and he's jumping into the deep end in the form of a relegation battle + tough fixture list. Possibly the new manager syndrome will kick in and the players will start performing.

It would be a shame to see a club the size of Newcastle get relegated, although it could be a blessing in disguise.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Don Salieri wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

All im saying there were better opportunites for him to take over. He's has a zero experience and he's jumping into the deep end in the form of a relegation battle + tough fixture list. Possibly the new manager syndrome will kick in and the players will start performing.

It would be a shame to see a club the size of Newcastle get relegated, although it could be a blessing in disguise.

Him being assistant manager was just a bad idea all round. The rumours are saying that he's asked for Wise to go, so perhaps Ashley is giving him full control, something he wasn't willing to give when Keegan left.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10247
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:26 pm

I assumed this was an April fool joke when I heard about it this morning, but apparently not. It is good news that he won't be boring us to sleep on Motd any more, but if he is that dull in real life it is hard to see him having much effect on the Newcastle players.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:27 pm

2 points from 8 Glenns wrote:what does your fat, listless geordie girlfriend make of the news Tweedle?

Are "geordie" someone who's fat, from the north, or fat and from the north? scratch Are all geordies fat?

On the other hand, I also thought it was a joke when I read it this morning. Newcastle must have some guts hiring him now, but I reckon they've got nothing to lose.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Riviera wrote:
    2 points from 8 Glenns wrote:what does your fat, listless geordie girlfriend make of the news Tweedle?

Are "geordie" someone who's fat, from the north, or fat and from the north? scratch Are all geordies fat?

On the other hand, I also thought it was a joke when I read it this morning. Newcastle must have some guts hiring him now, but I reckon they've got nothing to lose.

There's a great deal of jealousy in the south for Geordies, ignore them. <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Riviera wrote:

A Geordie is just someone from Newcastle Riv. Like a scouser is from Liverpool, a Manc is from Manchester and a cockney from East London.

It comes from the fact that the miners in Newcastle used to use different lamps to miners in the other areas of the country. The lamps were called Georgson's on somethnig like that and they Newcastle miners came to be known as Geordie's because they used that type of lamp - and the name has stuck.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Hope Shearer succeeds, wouldn't wantr NUFC to relegate. Tough task for Alan, NUFC's fixturelist is far from easy (didn't check up on the other clubs').

Toon Ale
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:37 pm

well I wasn't calling Tweedle's girlfriend fat because she is a Geordie, but because she just had her vagina stretched out by giving birth to his mutant bastard offspring.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:37 pm

From nufc.com:

The intriguing possibility has emerged that the Shearer appointment is linked to a new investor in the club and he's been persuaded to take the position by someone other than Ashley and Llambias. The events of the coming days will doubtless prove or disprove that theory.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Post by Riviera Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:38 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Riviera wrote:

A Geordie is just someone from Newcastle Riv. Like a scouser is from Liverpool, a Manc is from Manchester and a cockney from East London.

It comes from the fact that the miners in Newcastle used to use different lamps to miners in the other areas of the country. The lamps were called Georgson's on somethnig like that and they Newcastle miners came to be known as Geordie's because they used that type of lamp - and the name has stuck.

Oooh how interestin ok thanks
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:42 pm

2 points from 8 Glenns wrote:well I wasn't calling Tweedle's girlfriend fat because she is a Geordie, but because she just had her vagina stretched out by giving birth to his mutant bastard offspring.

Big penises run in the family Glenn ok
    Riviera
    Riviera

Post by Riviera Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:44 pm

You're not married?!?! omg you're so going to hell.. all three of you! No
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    2 points from 8 Glenns wrote:well I wasn't calling Tweedle's girlfriend fat because she is a Geordie, but because she just had her vagina stretched out by giving birth to his mutant bastard offspring.

And what did he inherit from your side?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:45 pm

lol!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:47 pm

debaser wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

Biggrin Ale
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Riviera wrote:You're not married?!?! omg you're so going to hell.. all three of you! No

lol!

Quite frankly, as long as God continues to let repented paedophiles get past the pearly gates he can go fuck himself.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 pm

debaser wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

lol!
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:00 pm

PWNAGE lol!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:11 pm

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1609507,00.html

NUFC Statement - Dennis Wise

NEWCASTLE United can today confirm that Dennis Wise has left his position as Executive Director (Football).
    The Club would like to take this opportunity to wish Dennis well for the future.
    There are no plans to appoint a replacement in this role.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:09 pm

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1609447,00.html

NUFC Statement - Alan Shearer

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that Alan Shearer will return to the Club as manager for the final eight games of the season.

The Magpies' all-time record goalscorer takes charge of first team affairs at St. James' Park with immediate effect. Iain Dowie will assist Alan, with Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood continuing in their coaching roles.

The Club have made the appointments while Joe Kinnear continues to recover at home having recently underwent heart surgery.

Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "Everyone at Newcastle United is absolutely delighted that Alan has taken on this challenge.

"Already there is a buzz around the Club and the city. The news has given everyone a massive boost."

Alan will hold his first training session with the squad on Thursday morning before addressing the media at St. James' Park later in the afternoon.

The Club will not be opening the stadium to the public on Thursday.

However, Alan and the squad will stage an 'open' training session for all fans to attend at St. James' Park next Tuesday. More details on this event will follow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:35 am