Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
mocky
The Easter Bunny
S4P
Puro
Hlebagone
Dejan Savićević
Murray
Cristiano
MightyBarca
Chris 23*
chrissicross
A & K
Fade out
toon h
Cheb Hamouda
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
ArthurFriedenreich
TheCrazy58
Kroos
Pierre Littbarski
Deluded F*ck™
Sheffield gunner
Six
Juligen
Barrilete
King Modric
The Pröfessör
DeLux
Matt_AFC
christmasborocooper
Lordanger
Ricardo Jol
Hem fet un..
Pras_tama
Batman
BoBo Vieri 32
fcb
shazlx
Luis
Romford Pele
bluenine
Effenberg
Super Progress
TM
stinger
Axeslammer
blutgraetsche
Cesc Soler
Calidad
L r dd
Jaime
Fey
Onur 1905
Formerly known as sheva7
TITO
59 posters

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España!

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España! - Page 18 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España!

Post by fcb Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:53 am

Still not sure that Caceres will stay. Nothing coming from the club indicates that. Let's wait and see.

But yeah, definitely more comforting to have another top experienced pro in the squad. I like how low the prices are as well. Looks like I was wrong about the quickness of it as well...all reports indicate a deal will be struck soon, possibly even today, between 15-20m euros, plus 5m in variables, or Hleb.

Meanwhile, Galliani comments that Milan are trying to make the Ibrahimovic signing happen Shocked
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España! - Page 18 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España!

Post by TITO Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:09 am

fcb wrote:Still not sure that Caceres will stay. Nothing coming from the club indicates that. Let's wait and see.

But yeah, definitely more comforting to have another top experienced pro in the squad. I like how low the prices are as well. Looks like I was wrong about the quickness of it as well...all reports indicate a deal will be struck soon, possibly even today, between 15-20m euros, plus 5m in variables, or Hleb.

Meanwhile, Galliani comments that Milan are trying to make the Ibrahimovic signing happen Shocked

Yes, if they get him on loan, and we pay his salary. It's Milan, don't forget.
    If they end up paying us 35mill euros and up, then yes, i say sell him.
    Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:42 am

The only Milan will accept is probably paying 60% of his wages.. and if we are really lucky they will pay that in form of Boriello

I say hell no!
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Negotiations will take place on Wednesday, when Milan come for the Gamper trophy.

Drug their food! Make them pay 45m for him!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 pm

if we do allow ibra to leave, i wonder who pep will replace him with, if anyone at all.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:48 pm

No one. He'll play Iniesta in attack more often.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Messiah wrote:if we do allow ibra to leave, i wonder who pep will replace him with, if anyone at all.

ROBINHO! ROBINHO! ROBINHO!

cheers
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:14 am

An excellent analysis of the club's finances, from a blog linked by Bluenine in the Inter thread:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/08/whats-happening-with-barcelonas.html

It's not perfect because not all information is available, but in summary, it basically confirms what we all suspect - the club's financial position is not as good as Laporta said in June, and not as bad as Rosell claimed in July. Considerable politics involved.

Rosell basically made some very conservative assumptions in order to turn the profit into loss, and harshly pick and chose what accounting principles to follow in order to create a huge debt figure.

But overall, I don't see anything to be worried about. The wages/turnover ratio was over 60% last year, but will fall slightly this year thanks to the sale of some big earners. Provided of course that turnover doesn't fall drastically either. Smaller squad with more youth players means less wages. We also earned sizeable transfer fees from Toure and Chygrinskiy.

Also, the bonuses at Barça are also very very high compared to other clubs, and this won't happen every year (unfortunately Sad ).

If there are problems with the TV contracts, then Rosell will probably opt for a shirt sponsorship, which I'm certain will be among the top 3, if not the highest, of any club in the world. Though with Herbalife and TV3 already on the sleeves, I do hope they hold out for as long as possible.

And finally, the debt is pretty high (even after removing Rosell's 'worst-case' assumptions) but as I've said before, for any big club, and especially for a social institution like Barça, debt means nothing. No Spanish bank will dare to threaten the club for outstanding debts, provided of course the team doesn't drastically spiral into a midtable side that doesn't win anything.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:04 pm

today marks the return of one of the greatest players to wear the barca shirt and one of the best players ever.

I'm so happy he will get a proper thank you from the fans
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:36 pm

I hope he scores, the whole crowd will applaud ok
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Victor Sanchez going to Getafe on loan. I don't know why we won't just release him on a free...he's clearly not good enough. I'm surprised he's even getting a move to Getafe, thought it would be another relegation club or he would stay with Barça B in the 2nd division.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm

yep he would be of better use to barca b, than any team in the first division, its funny how we are loaning out sanchez, yet allowed botia to leave on a free

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:08 pm

------------------Pinto

Adriano-----Puyol---Milito---Abidal

------------------JDS

-------Iniesta-----------Maxwell

---Jeffern-----ibra----Villa
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:32 pm

3-4-3, surely?

-----------Pinto
    ----Puyol-Milito-Abidal
    Adriano-JDS-Iniesta-Maxwell
    --Jeffren-Ibrahimovic-Villa

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:35 pm

no thats why they have on barca TV
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:47 pm

They even presented Caceres and Hleb as part of the squad...that's just cruel Laughing

Great reception for Ronaldinho, Messi, and the World Cup winning players, as expected.

Significantly, also a *huge* ovation for Ibrahimovic.

Lots of whistling when Laporta and Rosell came on together for presenting the Liga trophy to Puyol.

And speaking of that, on a day when Ronaldinho returns, Ibrahimovic is around, and Laporta returns...among the song choices on the stadium loudspeakers were "Bad Romance" Smile

Almost time for the game.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:49 pm

its clear from the presenation that pep has a good relationship with laporta and is very cold with rosell

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:51 pm

man every time a see those clips of dinho i fall in love with football all over again
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:53 pm

They should take a picture of that goal against Chelsea and put it in the dictionary next to the word "genius".
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Yeah, it's a 4-3-3. Jonathan as a DLP, and basically no DM!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:48 pm

I must say maxwell has been an absolutely great signing for us, one of the best in the pass few seasons
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Now I want Ibrahimovic to succeed and all...but 1 min 40 seconds after he was subbed, Barça score Neutral

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:01 pm

calidad will say thats why villa should play as a CF
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Adriano's crossing is amazing, but he has a lot of work to do on his positioning in order to become a reliable fullback.

Jonathan has done reasonably well in the deep position. Don't want to see him there in any league or CL competitive game though.

As usual, not convinced by Jeffren. If Ibra leaves, we'll have just 4.5 players up front for 3 positions.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Do you think Messi as a 'false 9' will be the default formation this season (as some have suggest)?

I always think that it's a formation for the toughest, most cagey games, rather than a regular one. I think it can be a bit of a waste (and unnecessary) against most teams you play, but has real benefit in a tough game where there is less time and space for the traditional striker. Plus, a lot of its benefit comes from the relative novelty of the formation. The more it is used, the more teams will find ways of adapting to it.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Do you think Messi as a 'false 9' will be the default formation this season (as some have suggest)?

I always think that it's a formation for the toughest, most cagey games, rather than a regular one. I think it can be a bit of a waste (and unnecessary) against most teams you play, but has real benefit in a tough game where there is less time and space for the traditional striker. Plus, a lot of its benefit comes from the relative novelty of the formation. The more it is used, the more teams will find ways of adapting to it.

Ale

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:39 pm

thiago has done more in his half than JDS
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:44 pm

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España! - Page 18 071205_p20_spn1
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Stunning goal by Inzaghi.

@SG: Yes, I see your point...but they switch around during a game. And if teams get too used to Messi as a '9', then he'll just move back to the right and let Villa play in the middle. Then the opposition have to get used to that again Smile
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Has Seedorf ever made a penalty?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:13 pm