Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+50
abundance
Cesc Soler
mocky
Isco Benny
Antarion
SuperMario
DD
Island Girl
Dualist
The Vermonster
UK_Andy
Lordanger
Cristiano
ronnies teeth
Pras_tama
shazlx
Fey
Puro
BoBo Vieri 32
christmasborocooper
forza_rossi
Torrente
bluenine
Dick Grayson
Romford Pele
stinger
MightyBarca
Calidad
DeLux
Batman
The-Frank-Tavern
elbecko
golsud
COTR
Super Progress
L r dd
Fade out
Black Magic
TITO
Sgoater1
TheCrazy58
Barrilete
Jaime
Tom
toon h
TM
Hlebagone
blutgraetsche
Hem fet un..
fcb
54 posters

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y del mundo!

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y del mundo! Empty FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y del mundo!

Post by fcb Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:55 pm

COTR #6 wrote:
    kas wrote:But what we need for this season is indeed Real Madrid/Man. Utd. huge. Granted, our youth team players are better than Wellbeck, Gibson, and co. but look at Man. Utd. last season - they just about made it through at times with all the injuries. Although Spain doesn't have an extra Cup tournament, there's still the African Cup to deal with. And a shorter season thanks to the World Cup.

I think the squad for the upcoming season should be 20 reliable first choice players plus 7 or 8 youth teamers. Currently, as the graphic posted by Messiah shows, it's 17 (not counting Pedro) + 7 or 8. At least 2 players short IMO.

You have plenty of cover in defence, though it depends onthose injuries and how good the kids are.

A brilliant selection of centre mids (xavi, busquets, toure, Keita, Iniesta)

Henry or Iniesta for left wing
    Messi / Bojan or some of your kids for right wing
    Ibra / Bojan or Henry as the striker

You are just being greedy ok

Your squad is flexible so you don't need 100 reserve players to cover every eventuality. United's squad is no bigger than this in terms of players who are good enough to play in the team

For what it's worth, I'll point out that in previous years I agreed with Rijkaard and Guardiola's idea of having a smallish squad of 21 or 22 players at most. I hate it when clubs stockpile players a la Man. Utd. or Real Madrid or Chelsea a couple of seasons ago.

But recent history and the results of other clubs have shown that you really do need some extra players in a season like the one coming up...but sure, it's just my greed and I'm whining Rolling Eyes

Last edited by kas on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y del mundo! Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y del mundo!

Post by Hem fet un.. Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:11 pm

So two new player rumours..

Vincent Kompany as CB (isn't he playing as DM in Citeeh?). Makes no sense to me, as he would be extremely expensive and basically not be the CB we are looking for. Rather stick with Muniesa and Fontas and save a load of money.

Arda Turan, left wing from Galatasaray. I don't know him at all, and I think it is mostly because Rijkaard is coach there and that he has made 8 assists in 5 games this year. On youtube he looks good but so does everybody..

All in all, no thanks, and if we are to sign somebody it has to be somebody who has a serious chance of breaking into the first XI. Not a Guddy, Hleb, Henrique, Caceres etc etc..
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y del mundo! Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y del mundo!

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Kompany is a CB, but a good footballer also, that's why he often plays on the DM position. Not Barcelona starter material, but he would be a pretty good backup.

Arda Turan is Turkey's greatest talent. He has great potential, very good dribbler, I can see why you are interested.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:14 pm

kompany would be a good 4th choice defender, he is a barca style defender, in the sense that he is comfortable with the ball at his feet and can play it out of the back.

arda's agent says he wont be leaving turkey.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Apparently the chosen backup RB is............Eboue!!!??? No

For 8-10m euros!!! Doh

Won't he also be away at the African Cup? Doh

And it's yet another Arsenal player who will come to be a backup Doh

And he's the one who dived to win that free kick in the 2006 CL final Grr

Don't rate him at all. Hope this is not going to happen. Say no, Guardiola.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Hahahaha.

Can see the logic though. He is an extremely poor mans Dani Alves in that he can play as a very attacking full back. so could slot into your team without changing the system too much. Is also pacey so can cover a lot of ground on the flank.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:18 pm

no
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:19 pm

In Pep we trust ok

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Barca atletic have signed Elvis on a one year deal, luis have been signing a shit load of players this off season, didn't see say that it isn't about being promoted, but developing players for the 1st team, where are they going to play, when he has signing like 8 players this summer.

as i see it their shouldn't be space for more 3 players in the starting XI, that arent masia.

-------Mino
    --Montoya--Bartra/?--Muniesa/Fontas----?

---------------Oriol
    ---------Thiago------Rueda(sp)

------Vasquez----Rochina--Gai
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by toon h Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:59 pm

kas wrote:Apparently the chosen backup RB is............Eboue!!!??? No

For 8-10m euros!!! Doh

Won't he also be away at the African Cup? Doh

And it's yet another Arsenal player who will come to be a backup Doh

And he's the one who dived to win that free kick in the 2006 CL final Grr

Don't rate him at all. Hope this is not going to happen. Say no, Guardiola.

we should get Belletti back cheers
    Hem fet un..

Post by Hem fet un.. Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Dont worry.. I very much doubt that we would sign him.. Pep is pretty insistent on signing players for the first XI and rightly so. Even somebody who has never has watched the EPL can see by the stats that Eboue wasnt first choice for Arsenal, so he is hardly going to make our first eleven.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Why do Arsenal and Barcelona constantly 'swap' players?

Obsessed. Rolling Eyes
    Hem fet un..

Post by Hem fet un.. Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:16 pm

We don't want to... Arsenal must be thrilled though.. we are paying extreme prices for their mediocre hyped players.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tom Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Belletti is a brilliant player for us! I say brilliant. He's very versatile. The man has played right back, holding midfield, centre midfield, right and left wing. I know who I'd pick out of him and Messi.
    Hem fet un..

Post by Hem fet un.. Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Straight swap or do we have to throw in Iniesta as well?
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Yeh, Iniesta would be brilliant too.

That's good business.

You'll need to watch out for former Chelsea legend Ben Sahar next season. The man is a real fox in the box. And now he's going to be at Espanyol. I'd pick them for the title simply based on Big Ben's scoring ability.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Ye contes are going to by Kompany, Cesc, and Eboue!?!?!?!?!

LOANS!

cheers
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Ballack wrote:Belletti is a brilliant player for us! I say brilliant. He's very versatile. The man has played right back, holding midfield, centre midfield, right and left wing. I know who I'd pick out of him and Messi.

yes, I understand you exactly. You have a surplus of wide creative players already, whereas you may need to call on Belletti to fulfil that midfield slot where you only have a few options.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:48 am

Messi will ask(if he hasn't already) to miss the league's first game so he can be completely fit against Brazil...

How do you culés feel about that? Very Happy

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 am

i have no problem with it, our 1st game isnt really that important, but argentina qualifying for the WC is

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:59 am

el mundo is reporting that we will sign eboue for 8m euros during the coming week, what the fuck is pep doing, when will the club learn that 98% of arsenal players aren't barca quality, only ashavin of their 1st XI, is good enough for our 1st team, and yet we are going to sign on of their back ups, i hope this isnt true.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Messi will ask(if he hasn't already) to miss the league's first game so he can be completely fit against Brazil...

How do you culés feel about that? Very Happy

No problem for me, last year we saw how he was psychologically very happy that he got to play the Olympics, so he can get time off for this big game too ok

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:28 pm

seems as if jeffren is on his way to racing, the super cup could be his last game for barca.

henry could be ready for the super cup game.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:19 pm

fewer 10pm kick off, as of next season

http://www.fcbarcelonanews.com/fewer-10pm-games-at-camp-nou-in-0910/
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Messiah wrote:seems as if jeffren is on his way to racing, the super cup could be his last game for barca.

why are we getting rid of all these players. It's not like we have too many...
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:18 pm

toon h wrote:
    Messiah wrote:seems as if jeffren is on his way to racing, the super cup could be his last game for barca.

why are we getting rid of all these players. It's not like we have too many...

It's ok you are signing Eboue.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:31 pm

Messiah wrote:el mundo is reporting that we will sign eboue for 8m euros during the coming week.

lol!
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:12 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:
    Messiah wrote:el mundo is reporting that we will sign eboue for 8m euros during the coming week.

lol!

Evil or Very Mad

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Asked about
    the rumours linking Liverpool defensive midfielder and Argentine
    international Javier Mascherano (25) with a move to Barcelona (read
    more
    here),
    Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez has confirmed at a press conference
    that the player is disappointed that the deal didn't went through:

"Javier
    has a very good friend in the national team and that is Messi. Messi
    was on to him every day and that is not easy, but Javier knows what we
    think of him and he will be okay.

I talked with Javier, his
    agent and Barça. It is normal they see him as such a good player, and
    an option for them. We told Javier he was so important for us and we
    wanted to keep him. We were not talking about any price. He was a bit
    disappointed as it was a fantastic opportunity with a big club. But he
    is happy here, and as a player and a person you can trust him 100 per
    cent."
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:52 am

You boys better stay away from Kompany according to reports your going to bid for him !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:45 pm