Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Murray
messiah
Sheffield gunner
Lordanger
forza_rossi
Cesc Soler
King Modric
mongrel hawk
MightyBarca
Black Magic
Matt_AFC
Super Progress
TM
christmasborocooper
shazlx
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
BoBo Vieri 32
Allez les rouges
Kroos
blutgraetsche
COTR
S4P
Ricardo Jol
debaser
The Easter Bunny
Juligen
Pras_tama
Fey
Torrente
Xavier
Luis
abundance
TheCrazy58
stinger
Hem fet un..
Calidad
bluenine
Fade out
Hlebagone
Isco Benny
TITO
ronnies teeth
Jaime
fcb
48 posters

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa! Empty FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:17 am

too expensive, we should go for drogba if chelsea are selling him this off season
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa! Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by fcb Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 pm

What? No way. If we want a tank, we sign Llorente. Simple.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa! Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by Jaime Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:54 pm

WHAT ABOUT BOJAN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 pm

fcb wrote:What? No way. If we want a tank, we sign Llorente. Simple.

he would be cheaper than llorente and more will to come off the bench at this point in his career than llorente.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:02 pm

pep admitted to hospital with severe back pain, will miss training on Thursday as well

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/03/03/n110303116065.html

missed the training session before the valencia game as well and almost missed the match due to the same problem.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Anyone here *really* happy? I'm a bit concerned how the team seemed to dominate so much over 2 legs, yet just about scraped through in the end.
    ronnies teeth
    ronnies teeth

Number of posts : 266
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by ronnies teeth Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Wow, don't post often and haven't posted in a while.

I'm catalan born and bred and live in London so it was a doubly special game, all my mates are Gooners.

Over two legs we were the better team. Obviously RVP sending off will be the talking point.

FCB - Worrying, yes. But I think if we had to score 4 we would have done it. My dad used to accuse me of it 'Ley del minimo esfuerzo'. Just enough to get through! Can bite you in the ass though

Watching it on Sky, I loe Graham Souness' honesty! Brutal
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:08 am

Not exactly worried. You know, you have to create chances in order to score a goal.
    We are doing that, in every single game, just that we are lacking some sharpness in front of the goal. The goals will eventually come, we cant go on and miss forever.

As for the game, yes, the red card was ridiculous but it never affected the game, at least not for me. With or without him, Arsenal defended all night long and they would have continued to do so. Some will say that RVP at least would have created some danger in our area...but for those thinking like that, wasn't he playing in the first half, and did what?
    We also has some calls against us (the goal, the penalty), in both legs, so nobody should complain that it was us or them being robbed.
    I mean, hello, 0 shots on goal?????? One single attack the whole game and that came after Adriano messed up where he shouldn't have done so.
    Overall, we were a better team with tons of chances and Arsenal can feel lucky that it ended with the result that ended, i mean in both legs.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:50 pm

why isn't any talking about that goal that messi scored, it was freaking incredible.

i guess he genius is of such that people look over those things when it comes to him
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Messiah wrote:why isn't any talking about that goal that messi scored, it was freaking incredible.

i guess he genius is of such that people look over those things when it comes to him

Indeed. And the bit of control and pass by Iniesta was also quite stunning. But it got overshadowed by the fact that Cesc gave the ball away, so everyone focused on that. It was quite funny to see COTR call it a "shit goal" in the match thread Laughing

But anyway, almost 24 hours now and I still don't feel really "content". Something wasn't quite right with the team yesterday. I've never seen them be so nervous and lacking precision in their play as they did over these 180 mins.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:15 pm

pep was quite clear that he didn't want to play arsenal, as they could hold the ball almost as well us.

so it was a situation where he was caught in two mines, does he play our normal precision based game and risk turning the ball over to arsenal, who as i said he thinks can keep the ball quite well and counter attack at pace to boot, or does he try to keep the ball at much as possible, playing some "sideways" passing and wait for the openings as they come.

he obviously went with the latter.

nothing to really worry about, this is how i see us playing against teams who come and pack the defense and tries to counter.

was of the mind that we would win it 1/2-0 after seeing how the game was developing after the first 20-30 minutes
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Messiah wrote:why isn't any talking about that goal that messi scored, it was freaking incredible.

People on here like to be different. Ultimately, fools. He's a fucking phenomenon, just like the Barca team in general. Yes, it's annoying that everyone is blowing smoke up Barca's arse, but they are a ridiculously talented team. That Arsenal couldn't even muster a shot against them isn't because Arsenal are shit - it's because Barca are on a different level. played 24, won 22. In La Liga. Says how far ahead they are in European football currently. Only complacency will stop them winning the CL. Or Spurs. Chortle

Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 pm

fcb wrote:

Indeed. And the bit of control and pass by Iniesta was also quite stunning. But it got overshadowed by the fact that Cesc gave the ball away, so everyone focused on that. It was quite funny to see COTR call it a "shit goal" in the match thread Laughing

But anyway, almost 24 hours now and I still don't feel really "content". Something wasn't quite right with the team yesterday. I've never seen them be so nervous and lacking precision in their play as they did over these 180 mins.

It was superbly taken (and it was a very clever through ball from Iniesta) but it was born out one of the shittest passes in the history of football. Probs if it had come after 19 consecutive passes between Xavi and Busquets people would be talking about it for years to come.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 am

some stats update for the boys

Messi: 45 goals, 22 Assist, In 39 games
    Villa: 21 Goals, 12 assist, 36 games
    Pedro: 20 goals, 12 assist, 40 games
    Iniesta: 7 goals,12 assist, 37 games
    Xavi: 4 goals, 11 assist, 34 games.

alves the with the 2nd highest number of assist with 16, in 36
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:22 am

Xavi would be a great player if he could just add goals to his game :p
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 am

Iniesta Ale MOTM vs Arsenal.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:32 am

fcb wrote:

It was a breadth taking finish, a very Baggio-isque goal. Messi is by far the most talented player of our generation.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Zenit reportedly set to offer 12m Euro for Maxwell. Decent player, but at 29 I would sell if I were Barca. He's certainly not the player he threatened to be in his Ajax days. Abidal + Adriano are more than enough cover there I think.

That money should go towards a CB IMO.
    Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:00 pm

well then I would try to get Bale (instead of Cesc).. Milito is a bit passed it, Puyol will not be able to play all games, so the future of Abidal is in the centre..

Also I would really really like another winger.. Afellay looks good, but we have to see whether he will make it..
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Hem fet un.. wrote:well then I would try to get Bale (instead of Cesc).. Milito is a bit passed it, Puyol will not be able to play all games, so the future of Abidal is in the centre..

Also I would really really like another winger.. Afellay looks good, but we have to see whether he will make it..
    I don't think Afellay has a future as a winger for Barca. And at the moment I don't see Bale leaving Tottenham. Even if they won't make CL for 2nd year in row they will probably spend heavily for CF and they probably will be able to keep their top players together for one more year at least.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:34 am

I can still see Afellay being offered as a makeweight in the Cesc deal.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Barcelona in a doping scandal, Luis Enrique being forced out by Zubizarreta, Pedro to be forced to be bench after the arrival of Alexis Sanchez!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy
    Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Abidal has a kidney tumour and will be operated on Friday.. Sad

Anims Abidal!!!!!
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Shocked

Hope he is ok. Ale
    TITO
    TITO

Post by TITO Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:51 pm

What?!?!?!!?!?!
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:02 pm

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/03/15/n110315116321.html

Abidal to be operated on this Friday
    www.fcbarcelona.cat

A tumour in Barça’s French international defender Eric Abidal’s liver has been detected and the player will be operated on this Friday. Following the detection of the tumour Eric Abidal will be operated on at the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona this Friday by Doctor Josep Fuster Obregon.

In accordance with the specific wishes of the player himself, the Club would like to demand the maximum respect for his privacy at this moment.

sounds pretty serious. Hope he recovers fully and quickly.
    TITO
    TITO

Post by TITO Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:12 pm

We just didn't needed this. Hope he'll be ok.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Hem fet un.. wrote:Abidal has a kidney tumour and will be operated on Friday.. Sad

Anims Abidal!!!!!

Might explain the rumours that Barca sniffing around for Gareth Bale in the summer...
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Nah, Bale story has been around for a while (Barca, Inter, United and RM all supposedly after him), and Abidal's diagnosis must have been very recent - he played against us last week.
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 pm

@_@
    just read it. really shocking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm