Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
shazlx
Brian 2468
Deluded F*ck™
Di Caniooooo!
Puro
Isco Benny
Antarion
blutgraetsche
Murray
Super Progress
Fey
Allez les rouges
110%
ERIK LAMELA
Rosicky
Kimbo
debaser
EMP
22 posters

FIFA Corruption

EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

FIFA Corruption Empty FIFA Corruption

Post by EMP Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:43 am

Surprised that nobody has commented on the fall of Chuck Blazer. He hated Mohamed bin Hammam and had ambitions to succeed Jack Warner. Blazer had the resources to get some support in CONCACAF, but the Caribbean nations - Warner's support base - consisted of 22 of 35 members of that Confederation. The paper and money trail showed that Warner and Blazer had been up to no good. Blazer seems to have got impatient. He made the allegations that led to bin Hammam's fall from grace and that brought Warner down.

Bin Hammam was banned for life by FIFA's Ethics Committee in 2011, but won an appeal to Sport's Court of Arbitration last year. By this stage, it was clear that Blazer was far from a credible witness and that there was a real possibility that he would be prosecuted in the USA, leaving the credibility of the judgement against bin Hammam in tatters and FIFA liable to a very messy civil action. The verdict was a kind of 'not proven' which let FIFA off the hook a bit. An audit of finances of the Asian Football Confederation suggests bin Hammam was involved in financial mismanagement.

http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/193825-bin-hammam-wins-appeal-in-fifa-bribery-case

Warner resigned from FIFA and did not co-operate with former FBI Director Louis Freeh's investigation. That investigation was criticised by CAS. Nevertheless it seems that Warner wanted revenge on Blazer, who had been trying to gain control of CONCACAF. Blazer had been Warner's protege and both had benefited from their business relationship. Certain documents indicating that Blazer had not given the IRS its due were provided to US authorities. Warner is believed to have been the source, although given the later consequences (Warner was every bit as involved in the skullduggery) that would appear odd to put it mildly. Blazer said that he hadn't done anything wrong but offered to pay the IRS (if they thought he had not paid his dues to them).

All of this eventually caused FIFA to act against Blazer. A month before the Confederations Cup started Blazer was suspended from all football activities for 90 days.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2074803/index.html

It appears that the FBI and IRS are after both Warner and Blazer and with good reason.

http://www.wired868.com/2013/04/19/the-concacaf-investigative-report/

“There is sufficient suspicion that they have gone against the law and this will become an issue for the FBI and the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) in the case of taxation." Domenico Scala, the head of FIFA’s Audit and Compliance Committee told Reuters.

http://www.wired868.com/2013/05/29/fifa-official-the-fbi-and-irs-will-deal-with-warner/

This is not the only thing Warner has to answer.

http://www.wired868.com/2013/04/21/jack-warner-made-in-trinidad-and-tobago/

http://www.wired868.com/2012/05/28/warner-lied-about-centre-of-excellence/

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

FIFA Corruption Empty Re: FIFA Corruption

Post by debaser Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Blazer was dodgy as fuck. I remember reading a bit about him when the 2018/2022 bids were held. he had a ridiculous website which had tonnes of photos of him palling around with Putin & others. and there were strong rumours he even voted against USA in the bid for 2022 Laugh
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:49 pm

I just assume they're all corrupt as fuck, i'm pretty sure i'm right.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Fair assumption, though I'm sure they differ in exact scale of corruption
    EMP
    EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:06 pm

debaser wrote:Fair assumption, though I'm sure they differ in exact scale of corruption

So anyone in FIFA is guilty until proven guilty or extremely guilty ................... Sounds reasonable. <Ale> 

The annoying thing is the level of corruption. Havelange and Teixeira's was incredible. Even a poxy friendly was subject to ludicrous corruption that finally brought down Teixeira and Havelange. They did their dodgy deal with ISL - exposed in Switzerland - on Blatter's watch as General Secretary. Blatter claims the Ethics Committee report exonerates him. More accurate to say it didn't nail him. Nicolas Leoz the former head of CONMEBOL was also implicated, but resigned on 'health grounds' earlier.

Meanwhile the current Vice President of FIFA who was head of the Argentinian FA was good mates with the vile former dictator, the late and unlamented Jorge Videla.

That Condor Moment.

Check out the Peruvian claims. It tallies with Operation Condor. This was an operation where opponents of various dicatorships in Latin America disappeared and were tortured or killed in other LA dictatorships. Argentina under Videla was the worst of these. Genaro Ledesma should learn from Uruguay's actions against former dictator Juan Maria Boradeberry and another Uruguayan dictator Gergorio Conrado Alvarez. Amnesty doesn't apply to crimes committed on foreign soil through Operation Condor. He can therefore get the Peruvian government of that time investigated at the Inter-American Commission (and then Court) of Human Rights and/ or prosecuted in Peru.

http://thearrowsoftruth.com/tag/julio-grondona/

Ledesma says Argentina should hand back the 1978 World Cup over this.

Julio Grondona brecame President of the AFA in 1979. He had close links to Videla. He is now a Vice (emphasis on Vice) President of FIFA.

http://www.transparencyinsport.org/FIFA_boss_Grondona_and_his_Serial_Murderer/fifa_boss_grondona_and_his_serial_murderer.html

And then there is the current head of the Brasilian FA Jose Maria Marin who has links to the Brasilian dictatorship and a notorious torturer in Sao Paulo. this is where current President of Brasil, Dilma Rousseff was tortured as a 22 year old student. Marin's record at this time is disgusting. He is head of the LOC for Brasil 2014. He too is at risk of prosecution over a notorious murder of a journalist under torture in 1975.

Last edited by EMP on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:11 pm

If anyone in FIFA isn't corrupt, then they should do the honourable thing and either resign or do some whistleblowing. Qatar got 14 votes during the world cup bidding, so atleast 14 members must be corrupt.
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Anyone that tries gets swatted. Generally it isn't whistle-blowing; it's ill-conceived attempts to get even.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:20 pm

it wouldn't really surprise me if FIFA was a front for the New World Order. Sepp Blatter as Global Dictator: it could happen pale
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Kimbo wrote:If anyone in FIFA isn't corrupt, then they should do the honourable thing and either resign or do some whistleblowing. Qatar got 14 votes during the world cup bidding, so atleast 14 members must be corrupt.

Doesn't necessarily follow. They could have had little option at that point, or genuinely thought it was best bid.

Okay, I take it back;

http://www.bigsoccer.com/soccer/bill-archer/2013/01/31/david-beckham-and-qatargate-the-plot-thins/

and this makes you despair.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/8243094/Sepp-Blatter-rival-Chung-Mong-Joon-ejected-from-Fifa-executive-committee.html
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:18 am

More corruption exposures coming soon! If I can be bothered that is.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:41 am

Next you will be bringing us the breaking news that bears shit in woods, and that the pope is catholic.
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:56 am

Rosicky wrote:Next you will be bringing us the breaking news that bears shit in woods, and that the pope is catholic.
    It isn't one of the stories that has broken in Europe, but with people like you around it probably won't. I can't be bothered to waste my time informing the likes of you! You should be able to find this as it isn't just about FIFA it affects the cream of European football.
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:08 am

EMP wrote:
    Rosicky wrote:Next you will be bringing us the breaking news that bears shit in woods, and that the pope is catholic.
    It isn't one of the stories that has broken in Europe, but with people like you around it probably won't. I can't be bothered to waste my time informing the likes of you! You should be able to find this as it isn't just about FIFA it affects the cream of European football.
    Does it involve doping?
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:44 am

Ossie Ardiles wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    Does it involve doping?
    No - corruption. Criminal activities.
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:51 am

EMP wrote:
    Ossie Ardiles wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    Does it involve doping?
    Yeah, I thought it might be FIFA sanctioned and organised, etc.
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:38 am

Ossie Ardiles wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    Ossie Ardiles wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    Does it involve doping?
    Yeah, I thought it might be FIFA sanctioned and organised, etc.
    It is about a sanctimonious git in charge of a great club who not only is not ethical, but criminal too and it affects that club, which ought to get shot fast. A former leading figure in FIFA is implicated too and it could and should spread.

And then there's the other one which could result in criminal charges too, but that wasn't corruption - it was being a despicable apologist for a notorious torturer which resulted in the murder of a prominent journalist. If that had happened in UK or USA, he could have been prosecuted for murder. There is no doubt that the victim of that torture was murdered and a prominent football person bears some criminal responsibility, or should. It all depends on Brasilian law, which given the prosecution of that evil goalkeeper would suggest that this can be prosecuted too, although not as clear as that one.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:18 pm

FIFA acting like a bunch of c**ts, block a kid who moved to england from attending a college course:
    http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/09/06/fifa-accused-of-playing-god-by-stopping-17-year-old-britons-college-education-060901/
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:46 pm

at what point are countries going to grow a backbone and start boycotting this vile farce

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/24/qatar-2022-world-cup-185-nepalese-workers-died-2013
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:24 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10704290/Qatar-World-Cup-2022-investigation-former-Fifa-vice-president-Jack-Warner-and-family-paid-millions.html
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:25 pm

There's nothing that can be done, if our FA's had any integrity they would have got together and said "fuck this shit" immediately after Qatar was announced. It doesn't matter how many slaves die or how many votes and contracts have been bought.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:55 pm

I dunno..it's getting closer to a smoking gun, i.e. documentation proving Qatar bought votes.

if the press gets bad enough, sponsors will start dropping out and then Fifa might be forced to act..
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Exactly: offering bribes (never mind having them accepted) is just as bad as taking them, and proof makes their candidacy even more untenable. Hopefully this points to light at the end of the tunnel.

I admit I hadn't been too hopeful either that all the leading nations' FAs would band together and lead a walkout – too many have had their heads in the trough already I guess...
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:38 pm

Smile
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:52 pm

I'M WATCHING THAT NOW! COINCIDENCE!!!!
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 pm

If you watch it on my link, then no...if not...WTF!!!! Though I have a feeling it will go viral.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Fey wrote:If you watch it on my link, then no...if not...WTF!!!! Though I have a feeling it will go viral.

Not on your link!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Was about to post it on here  Biggrin 
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:40 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27762435

"There is a sort of storm against Fifa relating to the Qatar World Cup," Blatter said. "Sadly there's a great deal of discrimination and racism."

Discrimination like.... not allowing women to drive, and putting gay people in prison?  lol! 
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:46 am

Kimbo wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27762435

"There is a sort of storm against Fifa relating to the Qatar World Cup," Blatter said. "Sadly there's a great deal of discrimination and racism."

Discrimination like.... not allowing women to drive, and putting gay people in prison?  lol! 

Blatter's mental, now he's saying that he is being disrespected by uefa members asking him not to run again, as it looks like he is planning to continue after his term ends.

BTW Women are allowed to drive in Qatar (I know "they're all the same" to you)
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:59 pm

110% wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27762435

Blatter's mental, now he's saying that he is being disrespected by uefa members asking him not to run again, as it looks like he is planning to continue after his term ends.

BTW Women are allowed to drive in Qatar (I know "they're all the same" to you)

It doesn't even matter, it's nothing compared to the slavery situation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 pm