Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
shazlx
Brian 2468
Deluded F*ck™
Di Caniooooo!
Puro
Isco Benny
Antarion
blutgraetsche
Murray
Super Progress
Fey
Allez les rouges
110%
ERIK LAMELA
Rosicky
Kimbo
debaser
EMP
22 posters

FIFA Corruption

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

FIFA Corruption - Page 3 Empty Re: FIFA Corruption

Post by Di Caniooooo! Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:07 pm

Fey wrote:Speaking of...

Imo Its weird there is Napoleon candy out there...

FIFA Corruption - Page 3 Napoleon-fruitmix-225gr%20png

I mean, would we have Hitler lollypops in a few years time? I doubt it..Napoleon wasnt exatly a sweetheart..
    He apparently has coffee creamer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/23/world/europe/swiss-company-apologizes-for-hitler-coffee-cream-containers.html?_r=0
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:55 pm

I see the Krauts have threatened FIFA with UEFA pulling out, see what can be done when your FA is run by the right people and your capital city hasn't been sold to criminals.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:50 am

Kimbo wrote:I see the Krauts have threatened FIFA with UEFA pulling out, see what can be done when your FA is run by the right people and your capital city hasn't been sold to criminals.

I know deep in my heart, those bastards will crumble for bringing humanity so much pain and misery. I may not be alive to witness it, but I am convinced that their doom is inevitable and they know it.

Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:00 pm

you mean Russians and Arabs with that?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:41 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30491135

Brilliant. Laughing
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:10 pm

The case Fifa is gaining steam but they never seem to get bothered by anything. They just seem to shrug off any complaints or evidence of wrongdoing. The only way it is going to change is probably if Uefa gets serious about pulling out but I suspect/afraid there is enough dirt to go around for all parties.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Super Progress wrote:The case Fifa is gaining steam but they never seem to get bothered by anything. They just seem to shrug off any complaints or evidence of wrongdoing. The only way it is going to change is probably if Uefa gets serious about pulling out but I suspect/afraid there is enough dirt to go around for all parties.

companies like Adidas and Coca-cola could hit them where it hurts and withdraw sponsorship, that might trigger some changes. but yeah the basic problem is Fifa seem to have zero accountability in international law - being based in Switzerland, who don't give a shit about anything but money, they can do what they like and just get away with the bare minimum of pretending to investigate things like this report.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Well done Mr. Garcia

Garcia quits Fifa over World Cup report controversy

The former United States attorney led the investigation by Fifa's Ethics Committee into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments

Michael Garcia has resigned from Fifa's ethics committee in protest over the handling of his report into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

On Tuesday the former United States attorney was told he would not be allowed to appeal the decision of the game's world governing body to not publish his entire findings into the voting campaigns behind both tournaments.

Garcia produced a 430-page report, which expressed concerns over numerous incidents during both processes, before the staging of the competitions were awarded to Russia and Qatar respectively.

Hans-Joachim Eckert, chairman of the adjudicatory chamber of Fifa's independent Ethics Committee then opted to release only a condensed 42-page version of his findings.

That move was fiercely protested by Garcia, who claimed the edited summary contained "erroneous representations of the facts" and he has now opted to step down after failing to force Fifa's hand.

He said in a statement on Wednesday: "My report identified serious and wide-ranging issues with the bidding and selection process.

"Concerned that insufficient transparency would not serve Fifa's interests, I issued a public statement calling on the Fifa Executive Committee to authorise the appropriate publication of the report.

"The Executive Committee took no action on this subject during its September 2014 meetings - other than to refer me to the Fifa Disciplinary Committee for allegedly violating the Code of Ethics through my public comments.

"Namely, my public request that the Executive Committee authorise appropriate publication of the report and the on-the-record statement Mr. Borbely (Deputy Chair of the Investigatory Chamber) and I released concerning watches given to certain football officials. The Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee, Claudio Sulser, ultimately rejected the Executive Committee's referral.

"A brief I filed with the Fifa Appeal Committee on November 24, 2014, outlined the Eckert Decision's most serious failings. No response could justify the Eckert Decision's edits, omissions, and additions.

"Yesterday's decision by the Appeal Committee declined to address these points. I disagree with the Appeal Committee's decision. A further appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport would not be practicable in this case. No independent governance committee, investigator, or arbitration panel can change the culture of an organisation."

Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Good article by Marcotti

Sepp Blatter's latest move in FIFA's 'Game of Thrones'-style soap opera

Maybe that's the trick. Heck, maybe it's the secret to eternal happiness. Figure out which way the wind is blowing and make sure you jump on the right bandwagon at the right time. It's the secret to survival, political or otherwise.

On Friday, Sepp Blatter released a statement saying he had asked the FIFA Executive Committee to publish Michael Garcia's report into alleged impropriety in bidding and voting for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Lo and behold, that's what the ExCo did. And -- guess what? -- they did so unanimously!

Gaudete!

Never mind that, for not-better-specified "legal reasons," the report won't actually be released before "the ongoing procedures against individuals are concluded."

Right now we know of three ExCo members in that boat, with ongoing disciplinary action against them: Spain's Angel Maria Villar Llona, Thailand's Worawi Makudi and Belgium's Michel d'Hooghe. Given that it's unlikely we'll get a judgment on them before the spring and that they'll presumably be entitled to an appeal if found guilty with the Court of Arbitration for Sport, you may want to set your alarm clocks for 2016.

And consider that when the report is released, it will be redacted and nobody knows how heavily.

Most of all, if Blatter really wanted the Garcia report to be published, he would have made arrangements to do so when he first hired him to do the job. And he would have prevailed upon Russia, which denied Garcia a visa to enter the country so he could interview bid officials, to let him in. And he would have at least compelled anyone within the "FIFA family," a very loose term, to actually reply to Garcia's emails and phone calls. (Many didn't, as evidenced by those who simply refused to cooperate.)

Instead, we get this hodgepodge solution: a report into possible improprieties in the 2018 and 2022 bids that all but a few people will read just over two years before the start of the 2018 World Cup.

But in Blatterworld, it all makes sense. Because, you see, the ExCo voted unanimously, thereby showing unity. And because Blatter promised transparency and transparency means publishing that investigation. Blatter wins. Again.

In his head, that is. And maybe in the minds of the tight circle of yes-men who surround him.

The most frustrating thing about this is that it's difficult to figure out just why he doesn't want the Garcia report to be made public now. None of the counterarguments stand up.

Start with the bit about the ongoing inquiries. So Villar, Makudi and d'Hooghe are being investigated as a result of the Garcia report, but we don't know why and what for. Sure, there are situations where police and prosecutors may not release certain information to the public during an investigation. But this one? How does the world not knowing what these three men are alleged to have done to possibly violate the ethics code impact the investigation?

Villar, Makudi and d'Hooghe know what they're accused of. (Well, presumably ... this is FIFAWorld after all, which at times reads like an Albert Camus novel.) The rest of the world can make more than educated guesses. Wouldn't you think that, in any basic legal framework, if the state investigates someone in a public position there'd be a public interest to know why they're being investigated?

The FIFA way is straight out of National Lampoon's "Animal House": Double Secret Probation.

What about protecting the whistleblowers? Well, for a start, they already did a rotten job of that in Hans-Joachim Eckert's report, particularly in the naming and treatment of two people. Beyond that, if the real world has an established protocol to deal with whistleblowers and confidential informants, you'd think FIFA ethics folk -- who disproportionately seem to be lawyers -- could figure out a way of dealing with this. One that would encourage people with solid information to come forward without their identities being revealed. It's not that hard.

They supply evidence, you check to see if it stands up (yes, some whistleblowers might be fantasists or agents out to smear good football administrator-types) and then you proceed with the evidence.

The other theory, that the Garcia report is so full of damning revelations that Blatter and the ExCo have gone out of their way to suppress it effectively until 2016, doesn't really hold water. Why? Because the majority of the Executive Committee weren't around in 2010 when the vote was held. They had no opportunity to do anything wrong. And, as you know, Blatter didn't back the Qatari bid. So it's extremely unlikely that he's in any way implicated, other than the fact FIFA protocols and procedures on his watch are so crappy that they encourage the kind of shenanigans.

And in all of these "Game of Thrones" meanderings, let's not forget one possible motivation for Blatter: forging allies in a bid to stay in power. After all, an election is coming up in May.

It might explain Blatter's behavior; it doesn't explain the behavior of the 13 of the 25 ExCo members who are new. Or the behavior of those holdover members who are in no way corrupt and have never been touched by the slightest whiff of corruption (yes, there are some).

My guess is that they figure something is better than nothing. In other words, it's better to publish the report at some point rather than not at all. And it's better to slowly introduce the types of changes and reforms that will give the body transparency in the long run than engage in a fight they can't win. Or, rather, a fight they might be able to win in the court of public opinion, but that they won't win next May when Blatter stands for re-election.

Those who know Blatter know that he shifts with the wind. It's all about keeping your balance at the top of the heap. Nobody was more opposed to goal-line technology than he was, remember? Instant replays? Heck, he used to treat the mere mention as heresy and now he's talking about NFL-style challenges. Issa Hayatou, the man who heads African football, wanted to introduce term limits and nearly came close to a brawl with him 12 years ago? Now they're best buds.

It's the same deal with reopening the vote on 2018 and 2022. Blatter reiterated Friday that it definitely won't happen. Until, of course, there's enough political will to change his mind. Or -- again with that cynicism thing -- he gets re-elected in May and can do what he wants.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Its official, we are gonna have a winter WC...

This is awesome, the EPL will be put on hold because of this.

No way, the English FA will be pleased this.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:51 pm

I still wouldn't bet on it definitely being in Qatar, plenty of time to move it somewhere else.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed May 27, 2015 8:06 am

Very Happy several high ranking corrupt fuckos arrested by US on the eve of Fifa elections. could this be the start of Blatter's downfall? The man is human Teflon but surely he's gonna struggle to escape this one
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Wed May 27, 2015 10:43 am

I hope they did this right and have all the evidences.

Good timing too, just before friday.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed May 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Qatar has no business hosting a world cup, but as for the Russians, it's just more geopolitics going on by the US and NATO.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed May 27, 2015 3:33 pm

The Russians are guilty as hell, an innocent country wouldn't be destroying computers and getting rid of emails before investigations. Socchi was the most corrupt sporting event of all time, I'd bet my balls their world cup bid is no different.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Wed May 27, 2015 5:54 pm

My prediction of 2022 not being in Qatar is looking even better now.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed May 27, 2015 6:18 pm

My prediction is, nothing will change.

Its time a few countries leave FIFA and start their own organistation, as long as that does not happen, I doubt anything will change.

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Anybody else not give a shit about this?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed May 27, 2015 7:54 pm

Més que un worm wrote:Anybody else not give a shit about this?

Probably not given it's a football forum.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu May 28, 2015 2:57 am

Més que un worm wrote:Anybody else not give a shit about this?

Not surprised at all. FIFA were fucked when they backed Palestina and threatened to kick khazaria, erm, israel out. UNESCO recognized Palestina. The jew S.A. cut off UNESCO. FIFA did not listen to the jew S.A. about taking the World Cup away from Russia. A satan worshiper named chuck blazer is singing like a mother fucker about all the corrupt fuckos in FIFA.

Come on, man! It's geopolitics. I'm not a fan of FIFA, mind you, but there's a lot more shite going on than bribery. FIFA were fucked when they supported Palestina, same as UNESCO, same as Javier Bardem (best actor) won't get another movie in hollywood (jewland). The satanists are something else.

The satanists WILL achieve their goal of world control, they will be the masters of humanity owning all of us, their heliocentric model will prevail, and will make every human worship satan.

cheers cheers cheers cheers <Ale> <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 28, 2015 3:29 am

Yes, the FBI have done this entire investigation in the last week because of the Israel thingy.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Thu May 28, 2015 6:21 am

No because FIFA worships a ball instead of a disc.
    Brian 2468

Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2011-08-08

Post by Brian 2468 Thu May 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Agree countries need to pull the plug on FIFA at least to stop the elections coming up.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 28, 2015 2:31 pm

UEFA will have to pull out and lead any change, Africa has come out and said they're supporting Blatter. If they won't play along Europe will have to make them, even if it means destroying the next 2 world cups and having no european teams there, long term it would be worth it. It would take balls though and Europe is an emasculated continent.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 28, 2015 4:17 pm

Platini's comments are fucking pathetic, before this he didn't want Blatter to go, he was in tears telling his mate it's time for him to leave? Wtf is he on about? He also thinks voting for a Jordanian prince will solve everything/make it all go away. This obviously stretches way further than Blatter and FIFA.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu May 28, 2015 5:36 pm

The world is slowly realizing what's going on, really. The world realizes that there's a great battle going on. One team is made up of england (canada and australia included) and the rest of jewrope with the jew.S.A. The other team is South America, Central America/Caribe, Africa, Asia and Rusia.

It's a great fight between genocide experts vs. corrupt fuckos. What we have is a killer judging a thief and trying to send him to jail. And then having control of the football. The same law people who didn't send the bankers who stole trillions of dollars to jail are trying to send corrupt fuckos to jail for taking bribes in the low millions.

You couldn't make that up! lol! lol! lol! lol! <Ale> <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 28, 2015 5:40 pm

Which of those sides are the genocide experts?
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu May 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Kimbo wrote:Which of those sides are the genocide experts?

The ones who fund both sides in wars. The ones who create the problem and provide the solution. The ones who believe that war=peace.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Puro wrote:

The ones who fund both sides in wars. The ones who create the problem and provide the solution. The ones who believe that war=peace.

The Russians?
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu May 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Puro wrote:

The Russians?

The satanists and they have only one flag.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:47 pm