Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Brian2468
Pierre Littbarski
Fey
stinger
S4P
Murray
messiah
Puro
debaser
Kroos
rosenthal
Di Caniooooo!
christmasborocooper
ERIK LAMELA
Deluded F*ck™
Rosicky
Isco Benny
110%
COTR
Chris 23*
The Chosen Glenn
Kimbo
Romford Pele
Luis
28 posters

Premier League Fixtures 31 Aug/1st September 2013

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League Fixtures 31 Aug/1st September 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 31 Aug/1st September 2013

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:
    christmasborocooper wrote:
    Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:Hugo Boss AleAleAle

Expecting a massive offer from Barca for him next summer Sad

We can't play this midfield with Soldado - really worried that we are not creative enough to give him the service that he needs and a striker with superior physical qualites (PEA/Benteke) would have been better for us.

Need Holtby, Eriksen, Townsend & Lamela - the players who attack space and move it quickly to be be in the team to make it work for him.

Tremendous heart & defensive effort showed by Arsenal in that 2nd half - I will never, ever write you guys off ok
    Weird that you went out and bought a new Bent isn't it?

Where's Adebayor?
    His brother died.
    Ah that's shit... Just recently? Must've missed that news.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League Fixtures 31 Aug/1st September 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 31 Aug/1st September 2013

Post by Murray Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:

We can't play this midfield with Soldado - really worried that we are not creative enough to give him the service that he needs and a striker with superior physical qualites (PEA/Benteke) would have been better for us.

Need Holtby, Eriksen, Townsend & Lamela - the players who attack space and move it quickly to be be in the team to make it work for him.

Tremendous heart & defensive effort showed by Arsenal in that 2nd half - I will never, ever write you guys off ok

Where's Adebayor?
    His brother died.
    How many brothers has he got? 47

Last edited by Murray on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ERIK LAMELA
    ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Agreed all round. The second half I thought we did pretty well. To have Arsenal with 11 men behind the ball and six defenders shows that we were doing something right.

Anyway, the first position I'd upgrade would be right back.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Where's Adebayor?
    Ale 
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:40 pm

A numpty as coach, somewhere in the midtable and with Liverpool at the top of the table...is this how the 80s were? Thank god Spurs remains shite though. Its a constant factor.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:40 pm

It was Man U like the way we retreated into our box in large numbers. Wenger probably took note after the Real vs Man Utd matches last season.

We always played a high-line even when under relentless pressure.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Murray wrote:
    Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:

Where's Adebayor?
    His brother died.
    How many brothers has he got? 47
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Fey wrote:A numpty as coach, somewhere in the midtable and with Liverpool at the top of the table...is this how the 80s were? Thank god Spurs remains shite though. Its a constant factor.
    Yes

Man U fans would always say "it's finally our year", and it never was. Just like Liverpool fans today
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Fey considering his bandwagon options...
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Doh

Man utd has been my Japanese bullettrain for whole my life. And I will stay on it even if we crash though I hope Moyes jumps infront of it.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:40 pm

My tuppenceworth.

Good, professional performance. Giroud got hammered by some Arsenal fans last season but I thought he would be OK once he settled down and so far this season he has justified his position. Still need another striker though,and also a cover for Cazorla who looked tired in 2H. AW talked about a 'surprise' in the transfers - this is a long, long, long shot, but I wonder if there's any possibility of Fabregas coming back. His girlfriend apparently doesn't like living in Spain, and he's just bought her ex-marital home in London from her ex-husband (who didn't know that Fab was the buyer until after the sale was completed, and was not surprisingly livid when he found out). Otherwise, Flamini got stuck in right away after subbing Wilshere and proved pretty handy. Good to have that defensive option in MF.

However, I stick to my stance - we were bloody lucky we played Spurs today and not in December. They were not surprisingly a bit incoherent in parts but they have quality in the squad and will gell sooner or later.

Update; Fabregas starts for Barca vs Valencia tonight, so that's my theory blown then Rolling Eyes 

Last edited by TheCrazy58 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Premier League Fixtures 31 Aug/1st September 2013 - Page 6 BTGJwVnCMAArUqW

What a disgusting c**t
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Photoshop?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:51 pm

No idea. I hope so. But I suspect if it isn't done for real yet it will be..he did patent it after all
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:56 pm

AW in post-match interview revealed that Sagna and Wilshere had the same stomach bug.

''Yes. What has happened to us, happened to Tottenham a few years ago.''

<Ale> 

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Is anyone actually surprised Arsenal were more fluid as a settled first team vs a Spurs side still relatively unfamiliar?  Anyone?

Luis has already stated Arsenal now favourites for fourth. Well done Luis, you're well known for taking time and consideration before making grandiose dramatic predictions. I take it that as Arsenal are favourites for fourth, Liverpool are favourites for the title?

Some observations:

Arsenal deserved to win. I don't know a single Spurs fan who claimed that we were favourites for this, its a slant the media and dickheads like Arry were keen to feed the hype with, but given how early this game came with Arsenal pretty much being able to field a fit first choice 11 with familiarity and home support on their side - it was never a showcase for whether the North London pendulum has swung or not. Replay this game in october after Arsenal had chance to pick up injuries and Spurs to gel and the outcome becomes more telling. Right now, only a fool would claim to be able to predict with certainty the longer term trajectory of both clubs off this game.

Right now, obvious squad issue for Arsenal when you look at their bench. Couple of key fringe players missing (Podolski, Ox, Arteta), but its thin and will be far more telling in a few months than now. Next few days in transfer window vital.

Although they edged it, it also wasn't a vintage arsenal performance.  Hanging on a bit at the end (some strong defending) + way their players celebrated proved it was a tough contest, no stroll at home like the last two 5-2 games against them. A progress of sorts.

The playmaker creativity is a known issue. Good to know from Luis that Eriksen isn't that great so we ll probably have to look elsewhere than a guy who has amassed over 35 direct assists in 3 years before his 22nd birthday. If not Eriksen, there is Lamela and Holtby - balance needed but the raw materials should be good enough. The fact that all three are so highly regarded potential wise within cross European and further afield may just be more telling than a Liverpool supporting student barely out of college with a Willian sized chip on his shoulder, although could be wrong.

Ultimately,  the balance between defensive power and attacking nuance needs to be struck, two week break should help now all signings, complete. Also seemed clear Paulinho and Chadli are getting to grips with the speed of the game here. Arsenal looked hungry and strong in the tackle,  koscielny was very impressive. Only a donkey would claim their first XI isn't a match for most teams in this division.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Chin up Emily..cant have it all..to cheer you up their is docu about your club on BBC2 right now..might want to put that on that 60" badboy of yours.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Am I glad 0trick is still with us!!!

I had visions of him in his toilet with his pants by his ankles and giving a blowjob to his old girlfriend's dildo...muttering some shite in reference to Arsenal, perhaps "fucking Arsenal, the c**ts" and a last minute plead to Glennda "fuck me in the asshole" - before pulling the trigger.

Good to hear from you, 0trick! FFS! Biggrin <Ale> 
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:04 pm

What? lol!

Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:15 pm

lol!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:17 pm

You should write screenplays Puro.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:19 pm

13 goals in 9 PL games =  1.44 per game

43 goals in 10 Serie A games = 4.3 per game

Shocked 

PL is not as exciting as it used to be or Serie A defences aren't what they used to be ?!

If Kevin Nolan spent a couple of days in a tanning salon and played a bit deeper he would be Paulinho.

AVB should have known that Roberto "white Defoe" Soldado and Jermain "black Soldado" Defoe wouldn't be able to play up front together so that was a daft change.

Strikers who are reliant on service and can't make things happen for themselves or set up a team mate should have no place in the PL post-Drogba - that's why the taco-boy at united is so out of favour.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Soldado isn't much like Defoe.

Hernandez has time to learn. He created RVPs only chance.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Soldado is more like Danny Graham IMHO.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:13 goals in 9 PL games =  1.44 per game

43 goals in 10 Serie A games = 4.3 per game

Shocked 

PL is not as exciting as it used to be or Serie A defences aren't what they used to be ?!

If Kevin Nolan spent a couple of days in a tanning salon and played a bit deeper he would be Paulinho.

AVB should have known that Roberto "white Defoe" Soldado and Jermain "black Soldado" Defoe wouldn't be able to play up front together so that was a daft change.

Strikers who are reliant on service and can't make things happen for themselves or set up a team mate should have no place in the PL post-Drogba - that's why the taco-boy at united is so out of favour.
    Wait, what? Paulinho is Kevin Nolan?

I'm trying to read and understand this post, but all im seeing is the latest and most laughable hipster gibberish. Soldado the white Defoe? What the fuck are you talking about?
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Soldado and defoe - both quite stumpy, both selfish and both favour hitting the ball with the laces rather than the sidefoot.

Paulinho can't pass (ie the main job of a midfielder), he can battle a bit but his main strength is arriving in the box to score striker's goals - hence the Nolan comparison.

I can understand you being abit shirty though - if my club had just lost our biggest game of the season, sold our best player and spunked £45m on Nolan and Defoe I'd be the same <Ale> 

* Coops - I saw Hernandez did a pass properly, nearly fell off the sofa !

I love the way Aspas asking the ref for a yellow card in response toa  yellow card offence being committed is worse than the Cleverley tackle which could have caused serious injury Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:03 am

Not shirty, just amused to hear Kevin Nolan being compared to a player who , aside from being a Brazilian international in a deeply competitive position, was the star player for his club which won the Brazilian league and Copa Libartedores, and just excelled at the recent Confeds Cup international tournament.

Equally interesting to hear that a player who has consistently scored over 20 goals a season (soldado) and has already proven he can hold up the ball with his back to goal being compared to a player who has consistently failed to score over 20 goals a season (defoe) and cannot play with his back to goal.

And is it a coincidence these comparisons are being made now? Nothing like grandiose knee jerking. Let's see come May whether Paulinho is any better than Nolan eh.

Meanwhile I'll be sure to check out how Chevanton is doing , maybe this is the year he realises all that talent finally. Perdiktion specialist Ale
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:10 am

Wengdictacted ok

Wanger refused to pay silly money for ordinary players, and he has been proved right. 4 wins this season, more than any other English side.

Just because you outbid NO-ONE to buy a bunch of players for £20m each, doesn't mean you have a bunch of £20m players. 

Roberto "white Soldado" Soldado didn't get his penalty today, Gareth Bale is gone, and £100m of signings are left wondering if it's their turn to go on loan to QPR yet. 

Spuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurs Ale

Meanwhile Arsenal look like they're getting Ozil. Fucking jammy c**ts. I bet the Gooners can't wait to start booing him. Get a proper 'keeper too and top 4 is sewn up. Make Levy an offer he won't refuse for Llloris ok
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:37 am

I presume Glennda you know as much as I do about who was or wasn't truly in for the players we signed, in other words we only had the media's word.

Inwhich case, a quick google of "Liverpool Soldado Eriksen" shows an awful lot of articles claiming Liverpool were actively chasing both. Strange eh.

As for lamela, Baldini's involvement meant nobody else was in with a shout anyway. Roma fans were pretty cunted off losing him.

Meanwhile both Inter and Madrid were involved in the chase for Paulinho, Arsenal amongst others were tracking Capoue and Chadli had as many suitors as Coutinho ie either loads or none, nobody has a clue.

Who can say what the future holds, but for a club without CL and the inability to offer 200, 000 a week in wages to Mesut Ozil its interesting to hear mostly Pool fans criticizing these signings with about two hour's worth of evidence so far, clearly desperate to see another club outdo Kenny's failure with his 80million splurge on Carroll, Downing, Henderson and co.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:58 am

I'm sure that Earl Sweatshirt™️ will confirm I've always had something of a soft spot for Spuuuuuuuuuuuuurs, I liked their focus on young English players, and that they tended to take the UEFA Cup seriously. Like Liverpool they're the perennial bridesmaid. 

But all the smugness and condescension and jewery pouring out of the club the last few months was begging for reappropriation. I don't think I can be accused of letting any club affiliation get in the way of my opinions, I disagree/fall out with/bully All Liverpool Fans as much as anyone. 

You're so excited about the money being spent you didn't notice the spine being ripped out of the club. What was the point of selling Caulker who provided excellent, almost seamless cover last season, and replacing him with an untried Romanian? You've spent all this money and not only is Danny Rose your first choice left-back, he's your only left back. Is he even a left-back? So while you're dancing around "look at all the money we've spent" "Levy Baldini Ale " you seem oblivious to the fact that rather than improving your squad, you've replaced it. 

That's all I'm saying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:11 pm