Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Black Magic
Hlebagone
messiah
Brian 2468
Puro
Xavier
Effenberg
Kroos
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Pierre Littbarski
Axeslammer
110%
bluenine
Deluded F*ck™
Super Progress
The Pröfessör
Formerly known as sheva7
Murray
NeoChap
Isco Benny
mongrel hawk
Luis
S4P
BoBo Vieri 32
Antarion
debaser
Kimbo
Rosicky
christmasborocooper
ERIK LAMELA
Jaime
blutgraetsche
shazlx
Fey
38 posters

2014 World Cup - Group Stages

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

2014 World Cup - Group Stages - Page 32 Empty Re: 2014 World Cup - Group Stages

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Antarion wrote:I am not only talking about yellow cards. The whole game is better if there are less "fouls" and interrupted play. Which seems most refs are handling well in letting the game go on more often too.

Of course getting cheated out is worse, but every big tournament had its bad moments by the refs. And you can't judge everything correctly. Also it's more the players who are cheating than the refs having totally wrong decisions

Worst incidents so far imo:
    1. two disallowed goals for mexico against cameroon
    2. Fred penalty
    3. No Iranian penalty vs Argentina
    4. red card for italy/portugal (both acceptable though)
    5. Bosnia offside situation ?

Tournament started really bad from a refs view but overall I think there have been worse tournaments.

you forgot:

Costa Rica penalty against Italy

Uruguay penalty against Italy (on Cavani). I bet European TV didn't even take it into account. It was more a penalty than the one on Muller against Portugal.

Penalty for Mexico agaisnt Croatia.

No yellow cards for a violent Holland (again) that fouled 25 times against Chile making it a strategy to stop Chile passing

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:45 pm

debaser wrote:
    Puro wrote:Todo, check out all the euro propaganda zionist media conveniently not showing Chiellini's elbow to the face which started it all. In Perú we call these people "maricones de mierda".  Biggrin 

this 'elbow to the face that started it' doesn't exist. in the biting incident, Chiellini puts his arm across Suarez's chest to block his run, then Suarez bites, then Chiellini reacts and swings his arm.

if Suarez had been elbowed to the face he would've flung himself to the ground. he didn't because he wasn't. it was a totally insignificant bit of contact before the bite

That's a foul, threfore a penalty.  ok 
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:56 pm

bluenine wrote:This is the 3rd time. Clearly the usual bans after the first two incidents were not enough. I fully expect FIFA to again put in a similar ban, perhaps for 10-20 international games. But IMO that is not enough. This is the 3rd time FFS, and its a BITE not a kick or a elbow. I think they should ban him from all football for a year, and Liverpool should sue him like Chelsea did Mutu... if he does not learn from that, then he never will.

I don't think he can learn, I genuinely think he has some sort of mental handicap. I mean the man thought scoring goals proved criticism about him diving, biting, and doing a racism wrong. In the 3 major incidents so far he has been suspended for 25 games, but he doesn't understand what he has done wrong, has never showed any remorse, and thinks he has been picked on. You have to suspend him but you'll never make him learn, Liverpool have probably made him see a psychologist about it but it hasn't worked.

I would probably just say a suspension from Uruguay's next 15-20 competitive games. Uruguay should take the brunt of it for being a bunch of c**ts and soiling this world cup with their behaviour.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:56 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
    debaser wrote:
    Puro wrote:Todo, check out all the euro propaganda zionist media conveniently not showing Chiellini's elbow to the face which started it all. In Perú we call these people "maricones de mierda".  Biggrin 

this 'elbow to the face that started it' doesn't exist. in the biting incident, Chiellini puts his arm across Suarez's chest to block his run, then Suarez bites, then Chiellini reacts and swings his arm.

if Suarez had been elbowed to the face he would've flung himself to the ground. he didn't because he wasn't. it was a totally insignificant bit of contact before the bite

That's a foul, threfore a penalty.  ok 

cheers You didn't care when Godin put his arm across Sturridge's throat.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Dissapointing Japan.

32nd out of 32 for posession in 2010 but 7th out of 32 going in to last night's game is an interesting change but not one that did any good.

Typical Honda - his worst performance imaginable gives you a goal and an assist in his 3 games, he is Mr End product.

Big George  cheers cheers cheers

Has anyone scored direct from a free-kick yet Question
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 pm

It's so bizarre that Suarez took that moment to tell the world he's proven his critics wrong.. Months after getting the player of the year award.

Then he bites someone again anyway. He's a genuine crazy person. I'd presume if you were arrested on 3 separate occasions for biting you'd be looking at some jail time or something.

It's so weird.. There must be all sorts of health issues to consider as well.. If he'd broken the skin anyway.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:49 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:It's so bizarre that Suarez took that moment to tell the world he's proven his critics wrong.. Months after getting the player of the year award.

Then he bites someone again anyway. He's a genuine crazy person. I'd presume if you were arrested on 3 separate occasions for biting you'd be looking at some jail time or something.

It's so weird.. There must be all sorts of health issues to consider as well.. If he'd broken the skin anyway.

ok 

I think he needs serious medical help.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:10 pm

I think Suarez should get a 2-game ban so that he wouldn't play in a possible clash against Brazil. Then If Uruguay beats Brazil, he should be back to bite German players.

It makes no sense to have a South American eating Soputh Americna flesh. Interracial cannibalism is the real deal.  ok
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:20 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:I think Suarez should get a 2-game ban so that he wouldn't play in a possible clash against Brazil. Then If Uruguay beats Brazil, he should be back to bite German players.

It makes no sense to have a South American eating Soputh Americna flesh. Interracial cannibalism is the real deal.  ok

Shouldn't that be : as long as Uruguay play SA countries, Suarez can play (=savages amongst themselves, who cares)....yet whenever they play civilized opponents he's banned.

Makes sense to me  Wink 
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:21 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:Uruguay penalty against Italy (on Cavani). I bet European TV didn't even take it into account. It was more a penalty than the one on Muller against Portugal.

saw multiple replays. probably a pen, but the same kind of holding happens at every single corner so you'd be looking at a dozen penalties a match if refs were consistent with penalising that kind of defending..this one only stood out more 'cause Cavani did a swan dive out of the hold to bring attention to it.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:32 pm

How do the Dutchies feel about facing México?  Biggrin <Ale> 
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:32 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2667460/Hes-Luis-Suarez-bites-opponent-key-World-Cup-clash-against-Italy.html

Apparently Suarez tried to bite Chiellini last year as well.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:39 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2668920/What-odds-Dozens-punters-cash-175-1-Suarez-bite-bet.html

Oh and one Norwegian made over 2000 quid betting that Suarez would bite a player.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:51 pm

debaser wrote:
    Antarion wrote:As for Godin: Can't remember it, because followed the game on one eye only. But like I said, I am not a fan of yellow card bans. So Italy lost against full strength uruguay like it should be when two teams play ->  I want every team in full force if possible (unless they cause really dumb red cards) to see who's better.
    Bitter for Italy but why get a bonus because Godin fucked up in an earlier game?

Its only bitter if some teams get easy yellows and others don't...

the Godin one was more that it screwed England than Italy. it should've been 2nd yellow in the same match, therefore red. and this was at 0-0 after about half hour.

but yeah I agree in general the reffing hasn't been too bad. some notable mistakes, but I remember previous tournaments being worse. of course, as with everything it's the decisive KO games which count the most..

Of course it hasn't been the worst officiated world cup yet, but the fact that there has been so many errors in the the first few games, gives me some belief that it will overtake the 2002 World Cup as the one people moan about the most. As usual I am ahead of you all and moaning about it now Wink.

Godin should have been off against England, a red card for a 2nd yellow card offence, so we're not talking about a harsh decision or anything like that. We can't know what what would happen but most likely an England victory. Then the game against Costa Rica would have been taken seriously, and not been the dead rubber that it was. The wrong decision spoiled both the England-Uruguay game and the England-Costa Rica one, and also screwed Italy in their game against Uruguay. We can't know who would have made it through, but the least likely would have been Uruguay, which would be the right outcome from the fact that Uruguay are a bunch of dirty c**ts.

The point of the cards is to make players play fair, which increases chances created etc as you don't do dirty fouls like clotheslining a striker running past you. If you do shit like that, then you don't deserve to play, and your team gets penalised for you being a dirty c**t. You then get to see who is the best team not the best team that cheats and gets away with it. So no, it's not about full teams playing against each other regardless of how much cheating they've done to get there.

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:09 pm

debaser wrote:
    mongrel hawk wrote:Uruguay penalty against Italy (on Cavani). I bet European TV didn't even take it into account. It was more a penalty than the one on Muller against Portugal.

saw multiple replays. probably a pen, but the same kind of holding happens at every single corner so you'd be looking at a dozen penalties a match if refs were consistent with penalising that kind of defending..this one only stood out more 'cause Cavani did a swan dive out of the hold to bring attention to it.

Agree. But Germany (against Portugal) had a similar penalty to Cavani's (against Italy) and Marcelo's (against Mexico) and no one said it was a bad call. If Muller was Latin American, he would have been called a diver for that.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:14 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
    debaser wrote:

Agree. But Germany (against Portugal) had a similar penalty to Cavani's (against Italy) and Marcelo's (against Mexico) and no one said it was a bad call. If Muller was Latin American, he would have been called a diver for that.

And now suppose Argentina/Brazil/Uruguay had beaten Germany and won the 1990 WC with a dive. European press would have labelled them cheats.

Germany won that WC with a dive in the final and the European press seems to think it's OK.

I don't blame Germany for that. What I don't like is the way Euros call S Americans cheats (we are!) when Europeans do exactly the same things.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:16 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:What I don't like is the way Euros call S Americans cheats (we are!) when Europeans do exactly the same things.

In Holland we think of Germany, Italy and Spain first (before thinking of SA) when talking about divers...

Although we have to admit that Robben has done no good to our own reputation Sad
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    mongrel hawk wrote:What I don't like is the way Euros call S Americans cheats (we are!) when Europeans do exactly the same things.

In Holland we think of Germany, Italy and Spain first (before thinking of SA) when talking about divers...

Although we have to admit that Robben has done no good to our own reputation Sad

Robben dived for a foul against Chile (he jumped out of the blue and made a dying face).  Very Happy 

Axe, I don't blame a bit of diving. I don't blame the Germans for diving in 1990. I think sometimes the player is fouled and dives only to call the attention of the ref. It's part of football dynamics since its beginning. A bit of street wisdom in the field.

Last edited by mongrel hawk on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Puro wrote:How do the Dutchies feel about facing México?  Biggrin <Ale> 

Havent thought about it yet, Feyenoord started training today ok

BTW, with all the  rabbit shenanigans going around, nobody on here noticed what TIOTE did the other night...that backpass...

Nontheless, as much as I like Samaras, that was never a penalty.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Fey wrote:
    Puro wrote:How do the Dutchies feel about facing México?  Biggrin <Ale> 

Havent thought about it yet, Feyenoord started training today ok

BTW, with all the  rabbit shenanigans going around, nobody on here noticed what TIOTE did the other night...that backpass...

Nontheless, as much as I like Samaras, that was never a penalty.

For me that was a clear, blatant, stupid penalty on the Greek. And I have to agree that African teams are horrible at decision-making, they do the oddest things during a game, like this stupid penalty.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Frank Lampard 40 shots, no goals at World Cups.

runaldo 62 shots, 2 goals at World Cups.

c**ts  <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Crazy 
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:05 pm

This world cup...all these ex-eredivisie players, no wonder it's a copy of it..didnt even have time to log on my bet account yet Very Happy
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:06 pm

We might see Messi and Ameobi sharing the same turf. A historic day.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:08 pm

Wtf 1-1 in the 8th minute. What did I miss????
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:09 pm

(Why do I even bother?)

A. In 1990 there was an absolute stonewall penalty not given when Goycochea fouled Augenthaler earlier. Everybody referred to the actual penalty as a make-up call. I think the Voeller penalty call was neither a dive nor a penalty. There's a gray zone there.

B. If you keep harping on about the Germany penalty against Portugal, please refer to the foul on GOETZE and not Mueller. In my opinion it was clearly a penalty and the only surprise was that the defender didn't get a straight red according to the rulebook.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Jaime wrote:Wtf 1-1 in the 8th minute. What did I miss????

2 goals  Smiley 
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:13 pm

debaser wrote:

2 goals  Smiley 

Embarassed Laughing 
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Interesting that Argentina stayed full strength. they definitely don't want to risk slipping into other side of the draw
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Messi..scoring again!

He is on fire at a WC, finally it seems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:29 pm