Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
christmasborocooper
Kimbo
Luis
abundance
Puro
Xavier
Murray
Antarion
Super Progress
Isco Benny
Kroos
stinger
bluenine
Fey
18 posters

UEFA Europa League 2014/2015

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

UEFA Europa League 2014/2015 - Page 5 Empty Re: UEFA Europa League 2014/2015

Post by Isco Benny Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Puro wrote:
    Isco Benny wrote:If UEFA could go a step further and remove the CL drop outs and the utterly pointless group stage from this competition, it would get the full respect and attention it deserves. I know plenty of fellow Spurs fans happy we are out of it now due to the impact on fixtures, which irks me as I love European football and this cycle of qualifying for and then not respecting the competition is so tiresome. Lots of great teams in this competition, it should be a privilege to both play in it and try to win it.

The EL already commanded the full respect and attention this season. Just because you and people like you were not aware of the importance of the tournament it doesn't mean the EL was not seriously sought after this season. You never see things coming, my friend.

Pochettino knew how important it is to win it, but the guy is so smart he thought he'd have a much better chance of gaining entry to the CL via a fourth place finish in the EPL than beating Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina, Sevilla, Villarreal, Wolfsburg, Zenit...etc. etc. you know running the gauntlet in the EL.

It's that simple. Me and Pochettino KNEW he'd never win the EL, but me and him always KNEW he had a chance in the EPL for fourth. Shut the f**k up with that bullshit "not respecting the competition". Spurs are not good enough to win it!  lol!  <Ale>

Adding the incentive of CL has helped, but if you seriously believe the Competition is fully respected then you are deluded. As long as it takes 17 games to win and accomodates failed CL teams it will remain devalued
    Compare it with the original UEFA cup ffs. How many fans do you think can name the last 2 winners without looking it up? Please try and avoid answering as though its 2005 and I give a shit which domestic league is or isnt the best Ale

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:13 am

[quote="Forza Italia!Forza Milan!"]
    Isco Benny wrote:

It's a very exciting competition.  I mean at the very top football is becoming stratified like never before. A handful of clubs can buy all the best players and compete for the Champions League.  Tier 2 and Tier 3 are much more exciting now for me.

Forza Italia!

<Ale> I've been saying this for years, now that the winners get to play in the CL it will be even more intense.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:33 pm

De Bruyne best player in the world atm?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:38 pm

That miss from Lukaku lol! I'm writing him off, I was never convinced.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Yeah at a time certain Arsenal fans on here called him a bigger talent then de Bruyne, though Lukaku is tailormade for the DPL.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:03 am

Unai Emery. <Ale>

Done a good job with Valencia by succeeding in getting them to the CL every year. Now that he's at Sevilla he has already won the Europa League and is challenging Valencia for 4th place. They are solid at the back and are dangerous on the counter attack, probably the best you could do with the talent at Sevilla at the moment.

Though I hope Valencia finish 4th because they have more talent in their team and no longer have to sell players.
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:48 pm

Dynamo Kyiv 3-1 Everton
    D. Moscow 0-0 Napoli
    Roma 0-3 Fiorentina

Decent night of football so far. Let's see if Inter can join Fio and Napoli by doing the improbable, and Torino by doing the near impossible.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Poor Asians. Here's hoping they go to bed thinking that their "best league in the world" was not really interested in Europe's CL and EL competitions. Poor bastards. Biggrin <Ale>

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:38 pm

D Kyiv absolutely skinning Everton here.

This is serious aggression.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Some ridiculous (in good and bad way) goals in Dinamo - Everton match. Antunes strike for 4-1 was just absolutely amazing, but Yarmolenko and Lukaku goals weren't far behind.

Everton with Martinez-like defensive performace Doh
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Roma Laughing

Meanwhile DE BRUYNE beste player in the world struck again with a lethal assist.

As we speak, there are more Belgian clubs in Europe then English.

It's like the 90's all over again.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:04 pm

Everton got destroyed in the end then? Didn't see it. That's their season over and you'd probably have to say Martinez is in trouble. He's made Moyes look like a footballing God now.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Luis wrote:Everton got destroyed in the end then? Didn't see it. That's their season over and you'd probably have to say Martinez is in trouble. He's made Moyes look like a footballing God now.

Liverpool were knocked the f**k out of Europe TWICE in this season. lol! Rodgers is in good company though since Sluralex achieved the same embarrassment when Bielsa's Bilbao absolutely destroyed him, totally gave the Purplenose a free football clinic with a team that cost what Rooney earns in one season.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Brugge Shocked

Get the BeNeliga please, that would rival with the serie A.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Roma Ultras walked out of the Curva Sud lol!

Spurs losing to Fiorentina wasn't such a disgrace in the end it seems.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:16 pm

Fey wrote:Brugge Shocked

Get the BeNeliga please,  that would rival with the serie A.

But Serie A is doing so well this year, behind only to Spain and even that by a small margin.

Good year for Italy, one that they can build on.  UEFA did very well to give proper incentive.

It would be unthinkable a few years ago for Torino to beat Zenit at home, or Fiorentina to brush aside Tottenham with ease. CL football is huge incentive.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:01 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

But Serie A is doing so well this year, behind only to Spain and even that by a small margin.

Good year for Italy, one that they can build on.  UEFA did very well to give proper incentive.

It would be unthinkable a few years ago for Torino to beat Zenit at home, or Fiorentina to brush aside Tottenham with ease.  CL football is huge incentive.

I take the point you're making, Serie A is killing at the moment. But having watched both legs I'll have to contend this as I don't agree Fiorentina brushed us aside with ease. 2 utterly horrific defensive errors ended us, alongside a Soldado shit show in the first half in Florence when really we should have gone 1-0 up away from home, Sandra Redknapp could have scored the chance Robbie missed. The tie at WHL was one we should have won on the balance of the game. Certainly wasn't the drilling that Fiorentina just handed out to Roma. Or the one Man United handed out to us on the weekend....

Incidentally, I'm hoping they go on and win the thing. Always had a soft spot for Fiorentina.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:14 am

Isco Benny wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

It would be unthinkable a few years ago for Torino to beat Zenit at home, or Fiorentina to brush aside Tottenham with ease.  CL football is huge incentive.

I take the point you're making, Serie A is killing at the moment. But having watched both legs I'll have to contend this as I don't agree Fiorentina brushed us aside with ease. 2 utterly horrific defensive errors ended us, alongside a Soldado shit show in the first half in Florence when really we should have gone 1-0 up away from home, Sandra Redknapp could have scored the chance Robbie missed. The tie at WHL was one we should have won on the balance of the game. Certainly wasn't the drilling that Fiorentina just handed out to Roma. Or the one Man United handed out to us on the weekend....

Incidentally, I'm hoping they go on and win the thing. Always had a soft spot for Fiorentina.

Fair enough--I overstated a bit.

I didn't expect them to win, to be honest, so maybe I exaggerated a bit.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:31 am

YES! a CL ticket for winning the EL was all that many good teams from Serie A needed to stop fielding subs in the EL. One of the biggest crocks of shite witnessed in sport in recent memory is Bundesliga getting an extra CL spot for accumulating points in the EL WITHOUT actually winning the tournament. The correct thing was to give them an extra EL spot since that's where they earned most of their points.

Now, with a CL ticket given for winning the EL, expect a Serie A team to reclaim that fourth CL spot which they never should have lost. Everyone knows I'm a fan of the Bundesliga, but the way they got their 4th CL spot was BULLSHIT! It's just as laughable as making Arsenal a top seed in the CL year after year after every damn year WITHOUT having to win the EPL.  lol!  lol!  lol!

T.R.U.E.       F.U.C.K.I.N.G.           S.T.O.R.Y.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:45 am

bluenine wrote:Everton - Dinamo Kiev
    Dnipro - Ajax
    Zenit St Petersburg - Torino
    Wolfsburg - Inter
    Villarreal - Sevilla
    Napoli - Dinamo Moscow
    Club Brugge - Besiktas
    Fiorentina - Roma

Tough draw for Inter. At least we got the 2nd leg at home. But I don't think we are ready to play someone as strong as Wolfsburg yet. I blame Puro's kiss of death Razz

Here's one more: WOLFSBURG TO WIN THE EUROPA LEAGUE THIS SEASON.

lol! lol! lol!

Sorry, I like Hecking, one heck of a coach, but there it goes. Biggrin <Ale>
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Sevilla FC - Zenit
    Dnipro - Club Brugge
    Dynamo Kyiv - Fiorentina
    Wolfsburg - Napoli
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Semi for Brugge is possible!!! Sevilla v Zenit could have been the final.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Napoli 0-2 ahead already...1st one was offside...but 2nd one was legal
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:49 pm

cheers
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:39 pm

0-4...what a rape....what a BUNDESLIGA DESTRUCTION...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Italian clubs are having a good season in Europe... Napoli are through to semis. Fiorentina and Juventus are starting to look like favourites to make it to the semis as well. A favourable draw, and we might have 1-2 Italian teams in the finals.

This means that in the last 3 seasons, Serie A has got as many co-efficients as Bundesliga and Premier League. So if Serie A clubs outperform either of these two leagues in the next 2 seasons, Serie A gets its 4th CL spot back!
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:06 pm

Thing is as soon Italy has a 4th spot...they will lose it again due to the fact most of the points can be gathered in the Euro league.

Its a weird system.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:38 pm

Fey wrote:Thing is as soon Italy has a 4th spot...they will lose it again due to the fact most of the points can be gathered in the Euro league.

Its a weird system.

I don't think so. I think Italy has started to take the EL far more seriously since the CL incentive.

I do not believe it is merely a coincedence that Torino, Fio, Napoli, Roma and Inter had decent campaigns for once.

Also I believe potentially you can earn more points in the CL because of bonus points that are awarded for making the group stage, second round, quarters, semis and final etc.

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Fey wrote:Thing is as soon Italy has a 4th spot...they will lose it again due to the fact most of the points can be gathered in the Euro league.

Its a weird system.

I think you may not have noticed the change in points system in the last 4 years. The bonus point system has completely changed that, and now CL is the best place to earn points.

That said, since a country's coefficients are an average of what its clubs get in Europe, going from 6 teams to 7 will hurt - increases the denominator, and the 7th team will usually bring down the average. That is the main reason why Serie A is doing as well as the Bundesliga & EPL in the last 3 seasons. The Italian clubs may not have performed as well, but the denominator is smaller.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Damn, Vargas can still play. I forgot about him. He just dribbled past a Dynamo Kiev (remember them? they utterly destroyed Everton) defender and put the Ukrainian giants to the sword.

So, Fey, I'm looking forward to Copa América. Vargas will give Carrillo a good battle for that left wing position.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:38 am