Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Deluded F*ck™
christmasborocooper
Isco Benny
Kimbo
Super Progress
Pierre Littbarski
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Antarion
Puro
shizzle787
Luis
Fey
bluenine
stinger
Murray
Jaime
20 posters

2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages - Page 5 Empty Re: 2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages

Post by Kimbo Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Corrupt real mierda wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Do you not feel all this is redundant? All 3 leagues are dead as sports competitions.

None of them are dead. I am just reasoning that certain leagues are better than others.

They are dead, most teams have zero chance of ever winning. You have the elite brands at the top that are there to win and sell TV rights around the world, then the rest that are there to act as opponents, teams like my own are either cannon fodder used to hype up the brand names, or if we win against them we can be sold as an underdog story(I find this really patronising).

Football for most fans should be this, hope your team wins more than they lose, and hope they entertain more than they don't. Don't worry about winning the big trophies because it's not possible, it's like hoping you will f**k Nicki Minaj, or whatever dumb famous bint you're into. Worrying about how England's brand names do against Spain and Germany's brand names(or in Germany's case name) makes no sense at all to me in the great scheme of things.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages - Page 5 Empty Re: 2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages

Post by Fey Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:53 pm

The problem with the EPL is that they became too rich.

Having too much money KILLS creativity. WHo cares if your 20m player flops or not, next year they can spend it again.

And christ do they buy a lot of shit.

Man utd 0-1 down OMFG Laughing
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Munchinggladback should have another pen.

That Raffael is dribbling around Man City's defence again and again.

Robbie Savage is a fucking turd of a commentator.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:25 pm

That pen Gladbach got was a fucking joke though. Good save from Hart.

Atletico v Benfica is a great game to watch.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Corrupt real mierda wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Do you not feel all this is redundant? All 3 leagues are dead as sports competitions.

None of them are dead. I am just reasoning that certain leagues are better than others.

They are dead, most teams have zero chance of ever winning. You have the elite brands at the top that are there to win and sell TV rights around the world, then the rest that are there to act as opponents, teams like my own are either cannon fodder used to hype up the brand names, or if we win against them we can be sold as an underdog story(I find this really patronising).

Football for most fans should be this, hope your team wins more than they lose, and hope they entertain more than they don't. Don't worry about winning the big trophies because it's not possible, it's like hoping you will f**k Nicki Minaj, or whatever dumb famous bint you're into. Worrying about how England's brand names do against Spain and Germany's brand names(or in Germany's case name) makes no sense at all to me in the great scheme of things.

Just because 2 or 3 teams only have a chance to win a league it doesn't mean the league is dead. What about the fight for European places? The fight to avoid relegation? Ultimately a league will suffer if there isn't a title race most years (this is the way the Bundesliga is going admittedly) but overall the league can still be very entertaining. Football isn't just about competitiveness either, I take pleasure in watching us (Barcelona) thump Levante 5 - 0 because I love watching the actual football on display.

Viewing figures for European football are at an all time high, which means people still find the leagues enjoyable. The football on display is the best there's ever been due to technical and tactical improvements. I think these two facts point to the conclusion that these leagues are not dead.

Last edited by Corrupt real mierda on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:55 pm

United are playing well to be fair. They deserve to be winning. By tonight's display they may go furthest out of the English teams.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Corrupt real mierda wrote:Just because 2 or 3 teams only have a chance to win a league it doesn't mean the league is dead. What about the fight for European places? The fight to avoid relegation? Ultimately a league will suffer if there isn't a title race most years (this is the way the Bundesliga is going admittedly) but overall the league can still be very entertaining. Football isn't just about competitiveness either, I take pleasure in watching us (Barcelona) thump Levante 5 - 0 because I love watching the actual football on display.

Viewing figures for European football are at an all time high, which means people still find the leagues enjoyable. The football on display is the best there's ever been due to technical and tactical improvements. I think these two facts point to the conclusion that these leagues are not dead.

You were talking about watching the NFL recently, look at how that league is set up to encourage competition, it makes ours look like a joke.

Football is still entertaining enough, though I think it lacks flair players compared to the past, and cheating often ruins a game. I just don't think the leagues are well designed, it's like F1, the team with the biggest budget gets the best engineers and win, therefore they get the best sponsors, and more money, and win even more. It's just feels pointless. Football to me is about enjoying individual games, maybe wanting to finish above a comparable rival, but nothing more. I really couldn't give a f**k who is winning/buying the trophies, it doesn't mean anything to me.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Well the Manchester team, pride of England and beyond, are still beating the Bundesliga, be it not really undeserved.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Fucking Aguero in the last minute. A draw for City would have been good for Sevilla.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Is Smalling a faggot? He sounds like a faggot.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:51 pm

Kimbo wrote:I want them all to lose aswell, I don't like any of them. I don't feel any rivalry between the premier league and la liga, that's so 2006/old 606 stuff. Back then Puro was obsessed with proving black players were the best, I remember Buffalo!!!

Laughing

Well, thats on par with his flat earth theory. Allthough in his defense 2006 was the year when the black footballer wasnt obsolete yet.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:11 am

Fey wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:I want them all to lose aswell, I don't like any of them. I don't feel any rivalry between the premier league and la liga, that's so 2006/old 606 stuff. Back then Puro was obsessed with proving black players were the best, I remember Buffalo!!!

Laughing

Well, thats on par with his flat earth theory. Allthough in his defense 2006 was the year when the black footballer wasnt obsolete yet.

I will destroy the believers of the ball earth just like I destroyed all the believers of "7 or 8 world class players plus Rooney". Give it a couple of years until more and more people start to open their eyes to that one as well, and then the satanic heliocentric model shall be utterly crushed. TFS! <Ale>

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:42 pm

#FCBayern line-up for #ARSFCB: Neuer - Thiago, Lewandowski, Costa, Alonso, Boateng, Bernat, Lahm (c), Vidal, Müller, Alaba #UCL

If Bayern win today then Arsenal are practically out. Come on Bayern!!!!!!!!!!!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Arsenal probably aren't too bothered - they have a realistic chance of winning the Europa League and challenging for the title, the CL is just a distraction to them.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Always good to see an English team crashing out though.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:18 pm

At the moment only Barca, Madrid or Bayern should be winning this trophy anyway. Look at their teams ffs, it's not a level playing field.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Thiago is shit. Brazilian c**t.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Ramsay looks done for a while again.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Insanely poor game this Arsenal v Bayern.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:23 pm

English teams cheers

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Luis wrote:English teams cheers

Chelsea couldn't even beat Kiev.

And Arsenal's first goal was handball.

Last edited by Kloppo Koppo on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Shit game. Guardiola's away record in the CL is pretty poor.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Mesut fucking Ozil - what a player!

Every touch, every move, every single bit of decsion making, every single pass = spot on!!

If we had lost this game or he hadn't scored you'd have had some jokers saying he was poor. Some fans can't spot subtility even if their lives depended on it.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:35 pm

So far not looking great again for the English teams...

Also, that long blue Playstation bus...is that a dig at Chelsea?
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:39 pm

De Bruyne...perhaps the 2nd best player in the world...
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:16 am

Fey wrote:De Bruyne...perhaps the 2nd best player in the world...

How the f**k! did Sevilla lose to Manchester City!!! scratch

Sevilla should've won this game at least 2-3 seven out of ten games at the Etihad Stadium.

The answer is simple: Sevilla lack CL experience, but they're learning quickly and still could make it out of the group stages.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:40 am

Man City got outplayed, they are lucky to score in the last minute against Munchengladbach and against Sevilla. Especially considering how they got outplayed by Sevilla today, Sevilla had 60% possession and the better chances. I am not really surprised anymore when La Liga's 10th placed team outplays the DPL's best team away from home, such is the gulf in quality between the two leagues now.

But if you defend like Sevilla did for both City's goals then you don't deserve to win no matter how well you play. Especially in the second goal, a pet hate of mine is the way defenders but their hands behind their back, this always results in the player being off balance and thus unable to react to the opposition players shift of direction. For the second goal it was Iborra who was at fault with his hands behind his back, the only thing I can say for him is that he is a AM and not expected to be a great defender. The defender next to him also should have shifted across quicker to close down DeBruyne. The defending for that goal was an absolute joke. It pissed me off the way Sevilla just handed City 3 points like that in the last minute.

Going by today's match fancy Sevilla to beat them at home though. And then it will be a flip of a coin who goes through.

If City go through then they will be thrashed by the first good team they play just like last year.

I watched PSG vs Real Madrid as well and it was a shit game, as expected Ronaldo did nothing.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Jackson Martinez has been worse than Manzukic so far. His link up play is terrible. And he's 29.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:59 pm

What a fucking collapse from Sevilla...jesus..

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Real Madrid getting completely outplayed by PSG, I think they need to bring Ronaldo on. PSG's GK gifted Nacho a goal. Speaking about shit goalkeepers Sevilla need to buy a new GK as soon as possible because both Rico and Beto are fucking shite. And speaking about fucking shite Jese is playing tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:44 am