Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Deluded F*ck™
christmasborocooper
Isco Benny
Kimbo
Super Progress
Pierre Littbarski
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Antarion
Puro
shizzle787
Luis
Fey
bluenine
stinger
Murray
Jaime
20 posters

2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages

2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages - Page 4 Empty Re: 2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Grazie Roma!!

1-1 against Barcelona. Great result for them and Serie A.

And for me!

Honestly, Barcelona are so shit these days.

Then every other team is shit. #treblewinners
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages - Page 4 Empty Re: 2015/16 UEFA Champions League - Group Stages

Post by Puro Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:34 am

1. La Liga (86.427 Points)
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    2. Bundesliga (68.177 Points)
    3. English "best league" Premier "in the world" League (65.659 Points)
    4. Serie A (61.605 Points)

The EPL WILL NOT lose their fourth CL spot to Serie A.

You heard it here first. Biggrin <Ale>
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:04 pm

What a fail from Scnnenznznyyy! Roma already 2-0 down!
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Barca 1-0 down!!
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Arsenal & Chelsea both losing lol!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Why don't they use goal line technology in the CL?
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Luis wrote:Why don't they use goal line technology in the CL?
    What happened?
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Ospina fucked up and the ball crossed the line but only just.

What is happening at Chelsea? Their defence has gone utterly to shit this season.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:17 pm

Do Arsenal realise that aiming to finish 4th isn't good enough in the CL?
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Kimbo wrote:Do Arsenal realise that aiming to finish 4th isn't good enough in the CL?

Maybe they're trying to avoid the Europa league?
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Like I said before, the EPL is evolving into something else, football and EPL are two different things these days, which is sad. A team just aint able to adept to two different tactics.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:42 pm

Just logged in to laugh at the DPL and all it's deluded fanboys.

lol! Laugh lol! Laugh lol! Laugh lol! Laugh lol! Laugh

DPL teams have been getting steadily worse every year since 2009. And I for one am loving every second of it.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Oh and Sergi Roberto saves the day.

#lamasia
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:10 pm

I delight in seeing English clubs fail in Europe tbh. Why would I ever want United or Chelsea to win European Cups?

And it's not like we ever finish 4th anymore so England not having that 4th place as a CL spot isn't going to affect us.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:28 pm

Arsenal are literally the most non archetypally English team there is. They barely have any English players, they don't play stereotypically English tactics (442, long ball), they have almost zero Grit and their pace is fairly average.

That's actually the same thing you could level at every team in Europe representing England these days. So really, the anti-Englanders on here who seem to foam at the mouth with glee every time an English team loses in Europe to tell us how badly this reflects on England/English players or English people, are barking up the wrong tree completely.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:30 pm

I want them all to lose aswell, I don't like any of them. I don't feel any rivalry between the premier league and la liga, that's so 2006/old 606 stuff. Back then Puro was obsessed with proving black players were the best, I remember Buffalo!!!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Isco Benny wrote:Arsenal are literally the most non archetypally English team there is. They barely have any English players, they don't play stereotypically English tactics (442, long ball), they have almost zero Grit and their pace is fairly average.

That's actually the same thing you could level at every team in Europe representing England these days. So really, the anti-Englanders on here who seem to foam at the mouth with glee every time an English team loses in Europe to tell us how badly this reflects on England/English players or English people, are barking up the wrong tree completely.

Well in a way it does reflect badly on English players, because barely any English players are good enough to get into these average teams.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Kimbo wrote:I want them all to lose aswell, I don't like any of them. I don't feel any rivalry between the premier league and la liga, that's so 2006/old 606 stuff. Back then Puro was obsessed with proving black players were the best, I remember Buffalo!!!

<Ale> imagine being a poor version of Puro LLama
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:36 pm

Corrupt real mierda wrote:
    Isco Benny wrote:Arsenal are literally the most non archetypally English team there is. They barely have any English players, they don't play stereotypically English tactics (442, long ball), they have almost zero Grit and their pace is fairly average.

Well in a way it does reflect badly on English players, because barely any English players are good enough to get into these average teams.

Pedro, Costa, Sanchez, Ozil, Carzorla & Gabriel are all average players?

They all did well in your beloved La Liga too.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:03 am

Pedro is still sulking in Mbabu's pocket.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:09 am

Sure, indirectly you could make that correlation. But in isolation you have to wonder why managers such as Pellegrini, Van Gaal in particular alongside players like Silva, Cazorla, Sanchez and the like who have considerable pedigree seem unable to replicate it at club level currently.

The answer could very well be that culturally English clubs are expected to attack/entertain at a high level of intensity with less onus on tactics that is not necessarily the case in Europe. Chelsea perhaps being the exception as Mourinho doesn't feel beholden to that culture. Undoubtedly makes games more competitive and you can see how often smaller clubs turn over bigger clubs in England versus the other big leagues. The knock on effect is probably that English clubs bith suffer more from the fixture congestion and also continue to develop less tactical nous.

Whichever way you look at it, English clubs have been rotten in the CL no doubt. But on the flip side, the PL is deeply competitive currently, and is more entertaining now that when the PL clubs were dominating Europe whilst pulling away domestically too.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:10 am

And as for Porto, they had plenty of Big black midfielders from what I saw.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:06 am

Kimbo wrote:I want them all to lose aswell, I don't like any of them. I don't feel any rivalry between the premier league and la liga, that's so 2006/old 606 stuff. Back then Puro was obsessed with proving black players were the best, I remember Buffalo!!!

lol! I also remember how a lot of you thought that I was Buffalo and another poster, and someone else too. In fact, some of you thought that anyone in the 606 who didn't believe that England didn't have world class players was also me.

The only thing that I was obsessed about was proving to you all that you were brainwashed into believing that you had "world class" players coincidentally just like you have all been brainwashed that the Earth is a ball or that the NASSHOLES have reached Pluto. A lot of you fell for that one too. Ain't that right, Murray? lol! <Ale>

Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:57 am

Kimbo wrote:Pedro is still sulking in Mbabu's pocket.

Great performance by a player who I'm told is meant to be a CB by trade.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:23 pm

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Pedro is still sulking in Mbabu's pocket.

Great performance by a player who I'm told is meant to be a CB by trade.

Pedro was so moody about it aswell, slapping away Mbabu's hand when he offered it. A guy that's played hundreds of games, won the world cup and the CL, acting like that with a kid making his league debut. Doh Definitely a Mourinho player.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:

Pedro, Costa, Sanchez, Ozil, Carzorla & Gabriel are all average players?

They all did well in your beloved La Liga too.

I didn't say that all the players who play in the best DPL teams are average, I said they are average TEAMS, the reason Arsenal lost to Dinamo Zagreb and Olympicaous isn't because Arsenal have worse players, it is because they are managed by a tactically poor manager. DPL teams are less than the sum of their parts, and their parts aren't even that good as I will explain below.

In terms of players, how many world class players in the Premier League is there? Alexis Sanchez is the best, followed by Aguero and Silva, then who else? I think that's it.. Hazard gets hyped up but he has only performed in the DPL, and comparing his goal record to a true world class player like Neymar for example (also keep in mind that Hazard has been Chelsea's designated penalty taker), I think even his DPL performances are overrated. They play the exact same position for their national teams and Hazard has 10 in 60 games and Neymar has 46 goals in 67 games. Shocked  Amazing statistic or what? What has Hazard done in international competitions or the CL to be called world class? I have watched him in both and he goes missing. Yet when I read football messageboards I regurlary see him listed in the top 7 players in the world.Yaya Toure? No he always gets outmaneuvered by more mobile midfielders in Europe, Cesc? No he is too much of a luxury player. Coutinho has the potential to be world class but he needs to prove it in Europe and for Brazil first.

What I am saying is, the DPL can afford plenty of good players but compare their best players to La Liga - Isco, Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, James Rodriquez, Ramos, Pique, Kroos, Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Suarez, Busquets, Mascherano, Alves, Benzema, Griezzmann, Koke, Godin, Banega, Goldado. These are all world class players compared to the DPL's 3.  There is no comparison.

Bayern Munich have more world class players in their team than the whole of the DPL put together.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Total squad cost:

EPL (Top 10)_____                                                      La Liga (Top 10)

City (560 mln euros)____                                         Real Madrid (587 mln euros)
    United (533 mln euros)____                                          Barcelona (394 mln euros)
    Chelsea (407 mln euros)____                                        Valencia (226 mln euros)
    Liverpool (344 mln euros)____                                       Atletico Madrid (180 mln euros)
    Arsenal (305 mln euros)____                                         Sevilla (77 mln euros)
    Tottenham (231 mln euros)____                                    Villareal (66 mln euros)
    Southampton (182 mln euros)____                                 Real Sociedad (51 mln euros)
    Newcastle (157 mln euros)____                                     Atletico Bilbao (37 mln euros)
    West Ham (143 mln euros)____                                     Celta (20 mln euros)
    Everton (141 mln euros)____                                        Betis (17 mln euros)

I don't want to hear Tottenham (MWP) or Everton fans (that Polish guy) complaining about a lack of money again.
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:12 pm

DIDI says English clubs spend silly money on good

but NOT WORLD CLASS players

apparently

"out of the TOP 50 world wide

only 5 play in the EPL"

they just don't get the top boys anymore

van Gaal offered Bayern 120 million Euros for Thomas M.

but they declined

Alex Ferguson now says that in his time at ManU

he only managed FOUR

WORLD CLASS players

Scholes, Gigges, C Ronalo, Cantona

kinda puts all our OLD discussions on here, about world class English players into perspective

what about Golden Balls, what about "8 world class players + Rooney"?

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Do you not feel all this is redundant? All 3 leagues are dead as sports competitions.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Kimbo wrote:Do you not feel all this is redundant? All 3 leagues are dead as sports competitions.

None of them are dead. I am just reasoning that certain leagues are better than others.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:44 pm