Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Arnaud loves Catherine
Deluded F*ck™
Tweesus
Tom
A & K
fcb
Isco Benny
Ricardo Jol
ADO Bhoy
110%
Gigliati
Pirlo
Dwarf
christmasborocooper
Di Caniooooo!
BoBo Vieri 32
monty
Murray
The Pröfessör
bluenine
Sgoater1
Calidad
Pierre Littbarski
Machiavel
Fey
COTR
Cesc Soler
Parks lives
None
Deano
34 posters

Italia vs Scotland

Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Italia vs Scotland - Page 5 Empty Re: Italia vs Scotland

Post by Deano Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:03 pm

This win was due to Quagliarella...his 6 minutes on the pitch was great...him sitting on the bench inspired the win Laughing Laughing
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:17 pm

Stupid for people to compare Di Natale and Rocchi.

Rocchi has a great work-rate and can score poachers goals at club level but will never be international class - Di Natale has a bit of pace and trickery and can make things happen.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:18 pm

Di Natale was alright...nothing special though. Showed what he can do at times...but at others was seriously let down by control and his first touch...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:32 pm

Rocchi is more of a striker, while Di Natale is more of a support striker, I will give you that.

But this season, Rocchi has been sheer class. He makes his own goals at times, and that is a quality that can seriously help the azzurri.

Lucarelli may not be international class (I guess we will never know as he may never play for a top side). But Rocchi is international class as much as any Italian striker at the mo. Against the scots, it may have been better to go with 2 target men, the scoreline could ve been bigger.

Anyways, 2-0 is good enough. Well done, Donadoni & Co.

Stefan Kuntz wrote:Stupid for people to compare Di Natale and Rocchi.

Rocchi has a great work-rate and can score poachers goals at club level but will never be international class - Di Natale has a bit of pace and trickery and can make things happen.
    Arnaud loves Catherine
    Arnaud loves Catherine

Number of posts : 1071
    Supports : PSG
    Favourite Player : C.Ronaldo.Gerrard
    Registration date : 2007-03-25

Post by Arnaud loves Catherine Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Great that Italy won <Ale>

We can already say now that France and Italy will be 1st and second in that group.France just have to beat Scotland at home and that's finished.

Well done Italy <ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:47 pm

ukraine could have an impact yet, although i would expect france & italy to come through.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:52 pm

Arnaud aside from your slightly brash ignorance, you're probably right. France & Italy have been far from convincing though. And Scotland & Ukraine will be difficult to beat at home. Scotland aren't out of it yet though. I just wish we'd pick our best team. Some of the Scottish players on display are never international class.

Credit to McCleish for having a go in the 2nd half though. Perhaps if he'd have started/taken the right players though, we may have scored (Boyd, Riordan, Burke, Maloney, Naismith) Well played Brown, 21 years of age, and didn't look out of his depth today. Didn't go on his surging runs, but played most of the game with his back to goal and out of position. Done well, and was one of Scotland's better performers.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:54 pm

Stefan Kuntz wrote:Stupid for people to compare Di Natale and Rocchi.

well he hasnt been given the chance at int level, so we cant judge. Di Natale was the one who was out of his depth today.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:00 am

My friend, you forget about the group leader who were always going to be the biggest threat to Italy and France.... Ukraine have played as per expectation, and they are as much in it as Italy or France - never doubt that. Most other groups, Ukraine would have been a near certainity to qualify.

I have a feeling that one of France or Italy will get knocked out by Ukraine. And considering that the last game in this qualifying group is France going to Ukraine in the winter, I fear for France. They better be 4 points over Ukraine by then!!

I never thought the Scots were going to qualify from this one - they had a great run, but there are 3 top teams in this group and there was no way this amazing run was going to last. The brave scots are in the group of death, and totally out of their depth. It incredible what they have already achieved, full credit to them.

Arnaud is beautiful wrote:Great that Italy won <Ale>

We can already say now that France and Italy will be 1st and second in that group.France just have to beat Scotland at home and that's finished.

Well done Italy <ale>
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 am

Reactions of the players - listen to Gattuso's!!!! Laugh :

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/MediaCenter/action/player?uuid=87cfaed2-dd76-11db-8658-0003ba99c667&pagina=1&filtro=tutti&menu=undefined&idCanale=Calcio&idCanaleADV=Calcio
    monty
    monty

Number of posts : 288
    Supports : Kilmarnock, Chelsea and Kaiserslautern
    Favourite Player : Michael Ballack

Post by monty Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:26 am

Well I hope Gattuso learned that playing against a Scotland team wasn't as easy as he thought. Italy deserved the win tonight but hopefully Scotland can learn from a decent display against the world champions. Thoughh I felt Boyd should have started miller was decent up front

We still dream of qualifing
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:39 am

I feel rather depressed now, good match though.
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:09 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    ADO Bhoy wrote:
    DeanoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:Barry Ferguson wants Scotland to come at us and try and put us on the back foot.

Brave if they try that.

I sincerely hope we do go at the Italians. I'd love us to go 4-4-2 and attack them. Can't see it though, I think we'll go with a 4-5-1 and try and stifle Italy.
    Being a fan of attacking football, I hate to see that happening.
    I'd rather we attack, and if we lose, so be it, but at least we go down fighting!

FORZA SCOZIA!!

Scozia di merda! Wink

I think Italy will win this comfortably.

2-0 to the Azzurri.
    I must say I was very sure Italy would win this game rather easily. In the end they did.
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:14 am

bobkatfan wrote:I feel rather depressed now, good match though.

Tough one man.

At home you will give a much better account of yourselves.
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:26 am

Good that Italy won...a much needed win <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:39 am

monty wrote:Well I hope Gattuso learned that playing against a Scotland team wasn't as easy as he thought. Italy deserved the win tonight but hopefully Scotland can learn from a decent display against the world champions. Thoughh I felt Boyd should have started miller was decent up front

He must be thanking his stars mighty Darren Fletcher was out injured.Very Happy
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:42 am

monty wrote:Well I hope Gattuso learned that playing against a Scotland team wasn't as easy as he thought. Italy deserved the win tonight but hopefully Scotland can learn from a decent display against the world champions. Thoughh I felt Boyd should have started miller was decent up front

I think he knew that from his years at Rangers.
    Arnaud loves Catherine
    Arnaud loves Catherine

Number of posts : 1071
    Supports : PSG
    Favourite Player : C.Ronaldo.Gerrard

Post by Arnaud loves Catherine Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:55 pm

Calidad wrote:Arnaud aside from your slightly brash ignorance, you're probably right. France & Italy have been far from convincing though. And Scotland & Ukraine will be difficult to beat at home. Scotland aren't out of it yet though. I just wish we'd pick our best team. Some of the Scottish players on display are never international class.

Credit to McCleish for having a go in the 2nd half though. Perhaps if he'd have started/taken the right players though, we may have scored (Boyd, Riordan, Burke, Maloney, Naismith) Well played Brown, 21 years of age, and didn't look out of his depth today. Didn't go on his surging runs, but played most of the game with his back to goal and out of position. Done well, and was one of Scotland's better performers.
    So I'm ignorant cos i'm right ? <Ale>

I can understand you are disapointed with the scottish result but i'm not responsable if Scotland is incredibly unlucky:You have in your group the last WC finalists and the WC winners.In two words the two best teams in the world.

Scotland won against the "small" teams at the beginning and then have been lucky against France.It was a fluke,a poor goal after a corner.Even Domenech said we lost cos we were too good! He meant our team controlled everything,had a huge possession and putted a lot of pressure to Scotland but the finishing was bad.

I always told you the defeat in Ukraine was your fatal error.It was "the" game to win.It is a shame now Scotland is condamned to be 3rd or 4th cos you've been very good so far...and scottish fans deserve great results.Sorry but now it's finished <Ale>
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:25 pm

Last night the match:

L'inno Nazionale inside the stadium! Inno di Mameli at 1 minute :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3PapotcXXA

The goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrSaCy_YaHE
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:15 pm

No. Ignorant because it is by no means over, but you naturally assume the two big names will go through. France have been far from convincing in the qualifiers. They still need to play Italy and Ukraine away, and irregardless of performance (which was hardly impressive) you still lost in Scotland. Your words may haunt you yet, and how I'd love that to be the case <Ale>
    ADO Bhoy
    ADO Bhoy

Number of posts : 52
    Supports : Celtic, ADO Den Haag
    Registration date : 2006-10-16

Post by ADO Bhoy Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:08 pm

Just woken from a whisky induced stupor!!! drunken

What was the score?

Only kidding Wink

Well done to Italy, the best team won, no disgrace to us though, I thought we fought hard and made them work for their win.
    No shame in losing to the World Champs in their own back yard, and we're very much still in the mix at the right end of the table!!

ok
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:12 pm

<Ale>

Ukraine and Italy at home will be huge games for you. Despite losing two goals to nil you were not outplayed at all, so that will give you confidence for the latter games.

Some impressive performers for you guys, Scottish football is on the rise again. Along with Northern Ireland you probably play the best stuff form the home nations.

Craig Gordon. ok ok ok
    ADO Bhoy
    ADO Bhoy

Number of posts : 52
    Supports : Celtic, ADO Den Haag
    Registration date : 2006-10-16

Post by ADO Bhoy Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:25 pm

Cesc wrote:<Ale>

Ukraine and Italy at home will be huge games for you. Despite losing two goals to nil you were not outplayed at all, so that will give you confidence for the latter games.

Some impressive performers for you guys, Scottish football is on the rise again. Along with Northern Ireland you probably play the best stuff form the home nations.

Craig Gordon. ok ok ok

Aye, Gordon made a couple of great saves last night. Arsenal's keeper for next season?!
    A couple of years ago, a result like last night's would have knocked the stuffing out of our team and confidence would have been shot for the next games.
    Listening to Mcleish and Barry Ferguson after the game, they were gutted and had gone there to get a result.
    There's a new found belief about Scotland these days which is terrific, we're not the greatest in the world, but the team has belief that every time they cross that white line they will win.
    Last night proved that it's not always the case, but why go to places like Italy, France etc expecting to lose. That seemed to be the way of it under Berti V*gts!!
    Thank God those days are gone, seems like a distant nightmare now!! ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:49 am