Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+59
DeLux
Since 1888
Z&H
TheCrazy58
TITO
Luso
Gigliati
Tweesus
L.r.d
Romford Pele
110%
3zycupid
Deano
S4P
Puro
Machiavel
Deluded F*ck™
L r d hAsta LueGo
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Juligen
AcciDrenthe
Tarun
BoBo Vieri 32
Peruvian Souljah
StevieG
Eniyan
konstantin
Formerly known as sheva7
The Bulk
The Easter Bunny
Batman
DS
Ä
Milan_Kuri
Murray
robert
toon h
Tevez101
Super Progress
Jaime
Mexicanbecks
Cristiano
Calidad
gone
blutgraetsche
Oleguerisntthatbad
Sheffield gunner
golsud
bluenine
Cesc Soler
Pirlo
DD
forza_rossi
Luis
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
fcb
TM
Red n' Black
Dejan Savićević
63 posters

AC Milan 2007/08 Thread.

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

AC Milan 2007/08 Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: AC Milan 2007/08 Thread.

Post by bluenine Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:37 pm

Not in Italy. The attendances are at an all time low, so Inter averaging 51,000 per game is actually very good under the circumstances.

I remember a time (just a few years back) when there were 55,000 season ticket holders at Inter as a routine... Maybe this season we will hit that figure again.

golsud wrote:That's quite shocking. Most big clubs have waiting lists of years to get a season ticket.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:41 pm

bluenine wrote:Not in Italy. The attendances are at an all time low, so Inter averaging 51,000 per game is actually very good under the circumstances.

I remember a time (just a few years back) when there were 55,000 season ticket holders at Inter as a routine... Maybe this season we will hit that figure again.

golsud wrote:That's quite shocking. Most big clubs have waiting lists of years to get a season ticket.

The attendance figures are going to go up this season because of the return of Napoli and Genoa, both of whom had full houses quite often in Serie B.

Milan's season tickets have reached 28,000 today, and they have only been open 2 days.

Here are the average attendances. As you can see Man U had 9,000 more people than we, and Barca almost 13,000 more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_attendances_of_European_football_clubs
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:44 pm

Don't forget Arsenal are up there now as well. Our average league attendance this season was 60,045.

How have the restrictions this season affected Italian attendances?

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:47 pm

"Even with S.S.C. Napoli in Serie C during the 2005/2006 season, Napoli achieved the feat of having the 3rd highest average home attendance for a football club in Italy for the season with only the Serie A clubs, A.C. Milan and Inter Milan having higher attendances. Napoli's final game of the season drew a crowd of 51,000 which now stands as a Serie C record."
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:51 pm

Very badly... that, along with some other reasons, has resulted in the worst attendance in Serie A....

But this season it will change, we will probably see one of teh highest attandances in Serie A thanks to popular clubs like Napoli & Genoa. And Juventus, they usually have the highest average away attendence in Serie A - most of their fans live in other cities!!

Sheffield gunner wrote:Don't forget Arsenal are up there now as well. Our average league attendance this season was 60,045.

How have the restrictions this season affected Italian attendances?
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:58 pm

Have all the Serie A clubs sorted out their grounds now so that they will be able to return to normality, or are some teams still dragging their heels?

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:07 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Have all the Serie A clubs sorted out their grounds now so that they will be able to return to normality, or are some teams still dragging their heels?

All stadia are supposedly up to standard now.

However, the government and clubs are working to get ownership of the stadiums so the onus falls on the clubs to make their stadiums attractive, safe and more profitable.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:37 am

I think I can guess who Milan will end up buying... it will be Emerson and Cassano...

Emerson at Milan makes me a bit nervous.... I think he can form a very solid midfield partnership with Gattuso and Pirlo, which could make a relatively weak defence look very good.

Cassano will either disrupt Milan or be a very good Kaka back up... so its a risk I am ok with Wink
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:39 am

Apparently Milan has offered €3mill for Motta but we want 5-6mill.. Good luck to the guy and maybe Milan make him a professional

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:57 am

Berlusconi: Bring me Adriano!
    Saturday 30 June, 2007
    Milan President Silvio Berlusconi admits Andriy Shevchenko is too expensive, but publicly asks Inter for Adriano!

The patron has never disguised his fondness for Sheva, even after the £30m move to Chelsea leaving the door wide open for a surprise comeback.

“Shevchenko is always in first place for me, but Roman Abramovich is asking too much. Shevchenko would have no problem in returning to us and I am convinced he would be the ideal partner for Ronaldo.”

“Our fans must relax. We will get a great player, but without rushing it, as it is important to have patience,” said the patron after missing out on David Suazo to rivals Inter.

“Cagliari offered us Suazo, then when we discovered it was not possible to sign him, we stepped aside and refused to put obstacles in Inter’s path.”

The good rapport between the two ‘cugini’ could also see a shock summer transfer, as Suazo’s arrival pushes Adriano out of the Nerazzurri squad. Could Milan swoop for the unsettled hitman?

“If only! I have always liked Adriano a great deal and think that he would be at ease at Milan among all the Brazilians we have here,” smiled Berlusconi.

“Milan are a huge family and being here would give him the opportunity to express himself at his best, just as Ronaldo already has.”

This is not the first time that the thought of Adriano wearing the Rossoneri jersey has crossed the front pages, but Berlusconi takes it a step further.

“With what happened recently I’m not sure if it will be possible, as I called Massimo Moratti to organise a friendly match so Milan and Inter could celebrate their success together, but we haven’t been able to find a date yet.

“Having said that, I repeat that I would very much like Adriano at Milan if we could reach an agreement with Inter.”

Other candidates for the forward role include Samuel Eto’o and Ronaldinho, but Barcelona have stated the pair are not for sale.

“I also want to remind fans that we already have an important new player – Ronaldo can now compete for us in the Champions League.”

Meanwhile, Milan are closing in on former Juventus and Roma midfielder Emerson, who will not be needed at Real Madrid after Fabio Capello’s dismissal.

The Brazilian, known as ‘Puma’, has reportedly already been in negotiations with the Rossoneri for some time and finally got the all-clear to leave Madrid.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:12 pm

Like I said on the other thread, this is probably the usual Berlu's media jive to unsettle Inter players, I doubt Moratti would even consider such a proposal.

And if he does, I would personally go to Milan and kick him on his bottoms!
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:18 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Apparently Milan has offered €3mill for Motta but we want 5-6mill.. Good luck to the guy and maybe Milan make him a professional

3m is ok with me...some negotiations on bonuses/appearances, etc. and let's do a deal ok

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:24 pm

Galliani rejects Pato price
    Monday 2 July, 2007
    Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has poured cold water on recent speculation that the Rossoneri will move for Brazilian starlet Alexandre Pato.

The 17-year-old is currently at the Under-20 World Cup in Canada where Rossoneri boss Carlo Ancelotti is amongst representatives from several top European clubs keeping an eye on the promising striker.

However, Pato is currently under contract with Copa Libertadores holders Internacional until 2009 and the Porto Alegre outfit have reportedly valued him at around £10m – a fee Galliani is unwilling to pay.

“Ancelotti tells me that Pato is a very talented youngster, but he is young and I believe that you can’t spend that much on a player when it’s not certain he will become the new Kaka,” Galliani insisted.

Galliani’s comments will come as a disappointment to Pato after he told La Gazzetta dello Sport that he would relish the chance to join his idols at Milan.

“To play alongside Ronaldo would be the best. I often play as Milan on the Playstation and there are so many Brazilians there,” he enthused.

While Pato’s first outing in Canada ended in a disappointing defeat against Poland, Palermo’s Edison Cavani impressed for Uruguay against Spain.

The ex-Danubio marksman opened the scoring in the 2-2 draw and made a strong case for a starting place in the Rosanero side in the coming season.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:27 pm

Milan and youngsters is like the devil and holy water. Very Happy

"He is too damn young, damnit! Who? Costacurta for God's sake, way too early to retire!"
    Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
    Supports : AC Milan
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:28 am

from acmilan.com

MILAN - Milan fitness coach Daniele Tognaccini arrived in Rio De Janeiro today to start working with Ronaldo. The Brazilian champion will undergo specific pre-preparation work to arrive in top form by the time he meets Milan for the training retreat on July 23. Ronaldo and Tognaccini are training right now. Tognaccini will stay in Brazil for the entire first week of Ronaldo's training.

some pics of Ronaldo at the beach with his son

http://ego.globo.com/Entretenimento/Ego/Galeria/0,,GF46478-6192,00.html

Looks like FatMan ain't so fat anymore Twisted Evil
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:15 am

Good to see Ronaldo in shape. He was decent last year for the time he played, let's see what he does this year. I think that in an injured free season he can do 25+ goals.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:59 am

gone wrote:Good to see Ronaldo in shape. He was decent last year for the time he played, let's see what he does this year. I think that in an injured free season he can do 25+ goals.

Ronaldo cheers

Ronaldo's Mrs's Blush
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:46 pm

Smart move!! We should do the same with Adriano!!

Red n' Black wrote:from acmilan.com

MILAN - Milan fitness coach Daniele Tognaccini arrived in Rio De Janeiro today to start working with Ronaldo. The Brazilian champion will undergo specific pre-preparation work to arrive in top form by the time he meets Milan for the training retreat on July 23. Ronaldo and Tognaccini are training right now. Tognaccini will stay in Brazil for the entire first week of Ronaldo's training.

Red n' Black
    Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
    Supports : AC Milan
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:53 am

With Kaka's contract renewal imminent, someone in a Milan forum posted this, as a dedication to AS:

AC Milan 2007/08 Thread. - Page 2 1178334230ww6if1
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:55 am

Nice lol!
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:14 am

Red n' Black wrote:With Kaka's contract renewal imminent, someone in a Milan forum posted this, as a dedication to AS:

lol! cheers

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:58 pm

I saw some interviews today on Milan channel from Ancelotti and Seedorf. The coach seems ready to go, and he talked about how we finally have a fully fit squad.

Also, Berlusconi said in a press conference that we're following two players. He also called the Kaka to Real rumours completely "stupid".
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
    Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:05 pm

Red n' Black wrote:from acmilan.com

It would be great to see him in shape again, once he is in good shape i don't think he will be injured as often or remain injured as long as he does. His recently have been caused by his lack of fitness.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:20 pm

For those who can read Italian:

Raduno Milan, Berlusconi:
    "Ronie il primo acquisto"
    Stampa Articolo Stampa articolo | Invia Articolo Invia articolo | Commenti:97 Di' la tua
    Il presidente è arrivato in elicottero alle 12.30: ha pranzato con la squadra
    e ha partecipato alla conferenza stampa. "Vogliamo rinforzare l'attacco, ma Ronaldinho e Sheva sono intoccabili. Kakà è il simbolo del Milan"
    Silvio Berlusconi prima della conferenza stampa. Sportimage
    Silvio Berlusconi prima della conferenza stampa. Sportimage

CARNAGO (Varese), 23 luglio 2007 - Il primo giorno non si scorda mai. Anche per il raduno di inizio stagione funziona così: Silvio Berlusconi non è voluto mancare ed è atterrato in elicottero sui campi del centro sportivo di Milanello alle 12.30. Il presidente rossonero si è intrattenuto a pranzo con tutta la squadra e ha partecipato alla conferenza stampa, seduto fra Carlo Ancelotti e Adriano Galliani. Toccando tutti gli argomenti caldi, dalla mission al mercato, da Kakà a Pato.
    MISSION "Il primo obiettivo è il Mondiale per club, perché è un palcoscenico straordinario".

MERCATO "Abbiamo due giocatori in osservazione e stiamo trattando. I giocatori che erano accessibili sul mercato li abbiamo giudicati pari o inferiori ai campioni che già abbiamo. Ma vogliamo rinforzare il quartetto d'attacco: abbiamo provato a ingaggiare Ronaldinho, ma il presidente del Barcellona Laporta lo ha dichiarato incedibile. Il nostro primo acquisto è Ronaldo, che è un grandissimo campione. Abbiamo avuto il benestare da Ancelotti, e non è comunque lui a sborsare la grana".

KAKA' E SHEVA "Sul brasiliano non c'è stato alcun tentennamento. Nessun presidente ce lo porterà via: non si tocca, è un giocatore-simbolo del Milan. Quanto a Sheva, gli voglio bene come a un figlio ma il Chelsea ci ha posto ostacoli insuperabili".

PATO "Guardiamo a lui con interesse: è molto giovane ma molto promettente. Ma non dimentichiamoci di Gourcuff, è un giocatore di valore assoluto".
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:26 pm

Red n' Black wrote:With Kaka's contract renewal imminent, someone in a Milan forum posted this, as a dedication to AS:

cheers

We should make one with Eto'o and Ronnie saying the same to Milan ok

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:06 pm

THE WORDS OF CARLO ANCELOTTI
    7/23/2007 5:27:00 PM

MILANELLO - It was coach Carlo Ancelotti who gave the first interview of the 2007/2008 season to Milan Channel.

It's time to start again...: "We are starting again with great enthusiasm, with a lot of will. During these vacations I had fun, I lived with worries. It was one big party, I met a lot of Milanisti: every evening there was an opportunity to remember 23 May."

On the outside of Milanello, awaiting the European Champions, a fan reminded people that it's right to continue with the enthusiasm of 23 May, without thinking too much about the transfer campaign: "I've heard that there is a bit of unrest among the fans for the transfer campaign which has not really kicked off yet for us, but I say it has started because the fact we will be able to start with players who weren't able to play for a long time such as Nesta, who began in March, like Serginho who practically didn't play, like Kaladze, like Ronaldo who could not play in the Champions League, like Oddo who came in January. The fact we will be able to start with these players who were there only in part last year is already a plus. Surely there will be a few opportunities to reinforce the team still, we are evaluating various options, we have no hurry and we don't need to make rushed acquisitions. If someone comes, it will be an important element to reinforce the team."

There have been many fans who gathered at Milanello to greet the team. An important sign: "The Cup gave enthusiasm to everybody. That's the most important thing: we are the European Champions, we will begin again the same way we ended, that means we consider the team very strong as it is and it's shown by the fact we managed to win the Champions League despite a very difficult year. We can thus present ourselves in the best possible way in this season considering that other than the Champions League we have other very important objectives this season: the European Supercup and the Club World Cup. It will be packed, intense season, which will see Milan as protagonists once again."

How important is it to prepare the season with serenity? "It means a lot, the fact we will have all the players at our disposal except for Maldini who will come back later, it's very important and something we were not able to do last year. It's an excellent basis to start well and try to play a great season."

It will also be possible to work with a free mind: "The fact we have a month to prepare with important games, where we intentionally organised some high-profile friendlies, to try and get the team in form as quickly as possible, will be very important to reduce the risk of injuries during the season."

First the Supercup, then the Intercontinental Cup. Will something change in the preparations of the team? "It will be a regular preparation. The European Supercup, which is our first official game, arrives five days after the start of the league and so the objective of these preparations is to be in form for the start of Serie A."

Ronaldo will be available full time. The Brazilian is determined to play a great season: he has started his preparations already on 2 July, in Brazil with Daniele Tognaccini: "We have given a program to everybody, including Ronaldo. Many players have come to Milanello already the past few days to train. The vacations have been long and deserved but everyone in the last 15 days has done their job to be ready. Ronaldo started a bit earlier than the others, helped by Tognaccini because he came last year and does not know our methods very well. Ronaldo has had a calm summer, he's worked and I hope he is in a good condition."

As repeatedly stated by Adriano Galliani this summer, today also Kaká is regularly present at the reunion: "Yes, it's not a strange thing, we already knew this, he is here and will remain for many years to come. A lot has been said about his last summer on this issue but things were clear for all of us. Kaká is an indispensable player, an excellent image for Milan, he never remotely thought about leaving Milan. There is an excellent relationship from both sides, I didn't see any reason why things should change, and indeed nothing has changed."

--

acmilan.com

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:54 pm

Champions of Europe return to Italy:

AC Milan 2007/08 Thread. - Page 2 Group_10

Ronaldo looks a lot leaner.

AC Milan 2007/08 Thread. - Page 2 Milan_10

Ancelotti, Galliani, and Berlu in a press conference.

AC Milan 2007/08 Thread. - Page 2 Kaka10

Last edited by on Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:47 pm

Ronaldo looks lean and mean!
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:15 pm

Sport are reporting that Milan are now in for Deco (http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=426842&idseccio_PK=803)

Mad

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:25 pm

golsud wrote:Sport are reporting that Milan are now in for Deco (http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=426842&idseccio_PK=803)

Mad

You guys still want Deco?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:12 am