Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+77
Since 1888
MightyBarca
anglophileHedgehog
Hem fet un..
Murray
Axeslammer
forza_rossi
stinger
debaser
blutgraetsche
Lordanger
Six
The Easter Bunny
TheCrazy58
Deano
Don Salieri
SuperMario
The Bulk
Luis
A & K
TITO
Protheus
COTR
Black Magic
Romford Pele
Khadrim
L r dd
BoBo Vieri 32
Yef
Fade out
Sgoater1
TM
Kimbo
EM Seleção e Selecção
L.r.d
Formerly known as sheva7
Chocolate Thunder
Ricardo Jol
Jaime
L r d hAsta LueGo
bluenine
Fey
DS
Oleguerisntthatbad
The-Frank-Tavern
Cricky
Riviera
110%
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
lampiao007
Allez les rouges
Mexicanbecks
DD
Rez
mongrel hawk
christmasborocooper
Cripps
Cesc Soler
Sheffield gunner
chrissicross
golsud
Rosicky
Juligen
Tom
Isco Benny
Lard
Barrilete
Puro
Batman
Super Progress
Effenberg
Calidad
Pierre Littbarski
Machiavel
DeLux
fcb
81 posters

South American WC Qualifiers

Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

South American WC Qualifiers - Page 2 Empty Re: South American WC Qualifiers

Post by Barrilete Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:39 pm

Heinze grabbing his adductor...bad news for Real

Good job by Demichelis replacing Ayala, should have made the WC
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:41 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Cr@p game...hope Puro is right and the best comes last

Messi out, Saviola in...the "atomic flea" has failed again to show what the fuss is all about before his countrymen in Buenos Aires...

It's so nice to watch Mascherano play for Argentina...favourite player along with Tevez from this team(special mention to "el pupi")

Are you serious? Messi has taken the Chile defence part on his own - all the yellow cards were for tackles on him.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:42 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Heinze grabbing his adductor...bad news for Real

Good job by Demichelis replacing Ayala, should have made the WC

Yeah, even if nothing works in attack, Argentina have 4 superb defenders and Mascherano.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:42 pm

Juego de la Okkas wrote:

Messi out, Saviola in...the "atomic flea" has failed again to show what the fuss is all about before his countrymen in Buenos Aires...

It's so nice to watch Mascherano play for Argentina...favourite player along with Tevez from this team(special mention to "el pupi")

Are you serious? Messi has taken the Chile defence part on his own - all the yellow cards were for tackles on him.

Exactly, the only way they were able to stop him was by fouling him.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:43 pm

Just watched the Chile Argie game.

The Chileans were doing a hatchet job on argentina.

Messi and Riquelme = fabulous.

Argentina thoroughly deserved the victory.

How this team didnt win the last WC, only Pekerman knows <Ale>
    DeLux
    DeLux

Post by DeLux Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:44 pm

I never realised how strong he is, it must be those hormone supplements.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tom Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:46 pm

Riquelme's freekicks were wonderful, but what was going through the keepers mind as he stepped up for it. From the camera behind the keeper you can see that the keeper can see the ball, and if he throws himself towards the ball as it comes over the wall then he could save it.

Its similar to Schwarzers attempt to save Elano's freekick in the match the other weekend, where Schwarzer just didnt bother. Free Kicks really are not that difficult to save provided you see the starting flight of the ball (unless its a C.Ronaldo Swerver)
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:47 pm

They were awesome free kicks.

Tevez-Messi-Riquelme is an interntional holy trinity.

Why has none of the big clubs tried to sign Roman from Villareal? I dont get it
    DeLux
    DeLux

Post by DeLux Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:48 pm

The third free-kick Riquelme took had me laughing. Bravo wasn't sure as to whether put a man on the post, and the defenders were playing a game of cat and mouse just before the ball was played.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:48 pm

kas wrote:
    Raifael wrote:anyone got the Suarez goal ?

Here:
    http://www.rojadirecta.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=27574&sid=e992d0bb38bde563e0a4e2cea3e9e8bc

Good goal.

He could be the next Litmanen
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:49 pm

Juego de la Okkas wrote:

Really serious, i haven't liked any of his performances with the albiceleste...the brat still hasn't learned to play with his team
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:50 pm

Juego de la Okkas wrote:The third free-kick Riquelme took had me laughing. Bravo wasn't sure as to whether put a man on the post, and the defenders were playing a game of cat and mouse just before the ball was played.
    Laughing had me laughing too...I think "micho" was also surprised
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:20 am

TRWP wrote:Just watched the Chile Argie game.

The Chileans were doing a hatchet job on argentina.

Messi and Riquelme = fabulous.

Argentina thoroughly deserved the victory.

How this team didnt win the last WC, only Pekerman knows <Ale>

Could say the same about the copa america. That's why i don't buy into the usual argentina hype anymore. Early stages of tournaments or against teams like this they look great, then when it's time for the big stage, they choke or just fail. imo keeping Riquelme around is not wise, he will surely be to old in 2010 if not he will just choke again.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:50 am

TRWP wrote:
    Why has none of the big clubs tried to sign Roman from Villareal? I dont get it

1. Reputation of a difficult personality, always wants attention yet can be moody and easily affected by off-field issues.

2. Huge wage demands and a refusal to budge from them.

3. His playing style, which requires his team to be built around him and to play in a specific way...almost no big clubs were willing to make this sacrifice, and those who were, couldn't afford his wages.

Atletico was probably the only club able to satisfy 2 and 3, and a move looked very likely, but their manager Aguirre pulled out at the last second because of 1.
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:57 am

I liked the game, the fans were excited with Argentina playing at home, witch is always nice and I did like part of Messi game, but he better deliver more.For me Masch always stole the show, I love how he fights and puts his heart. He is so good.

About Riquelme, I am sorry, fool me once shame on me ....
    I watch this guy plays for Argentina for quite some time and in the big games (or against Brazil) I see nothing, so I do understand Barrilete fear. We all already watched this film, it doesn’t end well (actually for me the ending is fantastic)

PS- How much defenders beat the Cr@p out of Tevez scares me, he sure can take some punches.

Last edited by on Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:23 am

WOW! how about that free kick by Venezuela's central defender Rey! That was from around 45 meters right into where the spiders have their cobwebs. Biggrin <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:47 am

WOW! Venezuela get all three points at Ecuador. Shocked

CONMEBOL WC 2010 qualifiers are gonna be tougher than the last one.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:57 am

Peru 0-0 Paraguay.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:11 am

f@ck! We MISSED Guerrero big time!

We urgently NEED to come up with TWO reliable fullbacks and TWO central midfielders to have any chance of qualifying. Left fullback Vilchez and right fullback Galliquio were horrible. Central midfielders Quinteros and De La Haza can't do the job. Mariño HAS TO RETURN to Perú. <Ale>
    DeLux
    DeLux

Post by DeLux Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:47 pm

Did Acasiete play?
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Juego de la Okkas wrote:Did Acasiete play?

yes he did. Decent game really, with Peru (as usual) with good inter passing and attacking a lot and with Paraguay very organized defensively(with the great great Morel Rodriguez) and looking for the counter attack, much better than the Argentina Chile game IMO. The stadium was filled with ppl, the atmosphere looked great.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:33 pm

Juego de la Okkas wrote:Did Acasiete play?

Yes, Acasiete was Perú's best player. He's playing as good as when he won with Cienciano the Copa Suramericana beating River Plate. Almería have got a very good central defender in their team

The stadium wasn't full because only 50 thousand tickets were sold. Every team is hoping for a Brasil win today. Round 2 on Wednesday, that Chile-Perú match will be intense, Paraguay-Uruguay is another cracker, them Venezuelans will be sky high waiting for Argentina now, Brasil welcomes Ecuador, and Bolivia hosts Colombia. <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:45 pm

If some want to know about this great rivalry, this is how the Perú-Chile matches are experienced by the fans. Maybe the European mates can come up with a similar rivalry, England-Scotland perhaps, Germany-Holland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSop0iUgiyM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW4ic1VYHyw
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:34 pm

Puro wrote:WOW! Venezuela get all three points at Ecuador. Shocked

CONMEBOL WC 2010 qualifiers are gonna be tougher than the last one.

I was at the game Venezuela were very lucky to come away with anything, let alone 3 points. Ecuadors finishing was appalling!

It was a boring game it didnt help that it pissed it down for the 1st half, nice setting for a staduim though!
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:42 pm

I'm guessing Peru weren't wearing the red sash?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:07 pm

When does the Colombia-Brazil game kick off? I thought it was now, but the stream I have says in about 40 mins from now?
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller

Post by chrissicross Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:11 pm

kas wrote:When does the Colombia-Brazil game kick off? I thought it was now, but the stream I have says in about 40 mins from now?
    I thought now as well, but instead they show some kind of "wait loop" here on TV...
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:13 pm

Maybe there was some kind of delay. Another stream I tried, a Chinese one, is showing some sort of countdown of 50 great goals.
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller

Post by chrissicross Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:17 pm

kas wrote:Maybe there was some kind of delay. Another stream I tried, a Chinese one, is showing some sort of countdown of 50 great goals.
    Here they`re showing football highlights from South America, but at least the music is okay...no informations about when the game might start though... Rolling Eyes
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:18 pm

Looks like it's confirmed for 23.45 CET.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:58 am