Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Chap
Isco Benny
Luso
Deluded F*ck™
EM Seleção e Selecção
TheCrazy58
Bashmachkin
Luis
L r d hAsta LueGo
Puro
Dwarf
Deano
shazlx
Kimbo
fcb
Machiavel
lrdsucksgoats
Black Magic
Parks lives
23 posters

Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain.

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain. Empty Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain.

Post by Parks lives Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:28 pm

Under fire Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce has named Alan Smith as his new captain.

Smith was initially handed the skipper's armband for the 1-0 Boxing Day defeat to Wigan but Allardyce has confirmed that the appointment is a now permanent one.

The former Bolton manager, however, denies that his decision was motivated by Geremi's imminent departure to the African Cup of Nations, even if his tone suggested otherwise.

"We need to establish for a while somebody who can captain the side on a regular basis with the attitude, desire and commitment that Alan shows", Allardyce told Newcastle's official website.

Many will see the appointment, however, as a reaction to the teams latest booing off the pitch at the hands of the Toon Army following the disappointing loss at Wigan and Allardyce clearly hopes that Smith's ultra committed attitude to every game rubs off on some of the other players.

"I'd like all the players to be like that", scowled the coach.

Smith himself is delighted and determined to lead by example.

"It's a massive honour for myself," said the 27 year-old, who has surprisingly now been skipper at all three of his clubs, "wearing the armband gives you that extra lift...you are the focal point...you've got to make sure you're giving 100% week-in, week-out."

The Newcastle faithful will be hoping that it proves to be a catalyst to kick-start their season.

Great decision. sunny <Ale>
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain. Empty Re: Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain.

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:29 pm

Should have been Barton. <Ale>
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:29 pm

Allardyce to be sacked within two months. Not so much for this decision, but for his latest PR attempts...
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:30 pm

This could end in tears.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:31 pm

An insult to the club and fans.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:33 pm

Even Kimbol loves him now.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:34 pm

Parks lives wrote:Even Kimbol loves him now.
    f@ck off.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:41 pm

Forget sacking him now its too late. I suggest the Toon Army stop supporting Newcastle United FC and make a new club called Newcastle FC. All the fans just change allegiances after a day, try and buy/rent St. James' park or another nearby stadium. Just start again. Ale
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:43 pm

johan the baptist wrote:This could end in tears.

lol!
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:16 pm

If he get's past the FA Cup third round he'll have done well.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:31 pm

There are overrated, hyped up players. The same is true with some coaches-managers. Fat Sam is NO coach, this imbecile is one overrated coach, but many believed he was a good one before the season began even though I told them Fat Sam is SHITE, ain't that right Kimbo! Biggrin

Fat Sam's biggest problem is that he's not flexible at all. His ultra-conservative tendencies don't allow him to see that there may be better alternatives. I for one don't blame the guy for he's old school Victorian times in person, as conservative as they come. Kicking the shite out of the football and running after it, is the best football in the world in his old Victorian eyes.

Newcastle have talented players, but Fat Sam doesn't know jack about modern football. His "style of football" may do well in the Championship or in a club with no title aspirations. However, Fat Sam's way falls very short where a much different/modern style of football is NEEDED for a sustained challenge for honors. He just blamed the whole team, but himself. Fat Ass has lost the plot. Get that overrated piece of shite out of Newcastle immediately!

There's Van Gaal who may be available. I think his time at Dutch AZ is up. Van Gaal can sort things out for Newcastle. There's also Martin Jol who can take Newcastle to the Promised Land as well. Biggrin <Ale>

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:34 pm

Well i have gone from being a big fan of Sam to thinking he is an utter muppet. Smith has had one good game ffs, and he drops the top scorer for him even though he hasnt scored in over 7 months. And now he's the captain for showing effort and commitment? scratch is this muppet language for showing nothing positive with the ball but getting booked for wreckless tackles Biggrin
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:39 pm

Puro, I'm not going to say Sam is a bad coach because of what he did at Bolton. But yes he has been a big let down with us. This ranks up there with "Milner isn't a right winger. lets put that to bed" and "The problem with N'Zogbia is i don't know what his best position is, is it left back or left wing".
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:42 pm

Ouch
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:48 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:Puro, I'm not going to say Sam is a bad coach because of what he did at Bolton. But yes he has been a big let down with us. This ranks up there with "Milner isn't a right winger. lets put that to bed" and "The problem with N'Zogbia is i don't know what his best position is, is it left back or left wing".

Fat Sam wants to turn you into Bolton. I've heard he wants to sign Ben Haim too. lol!

That has to be shocking to all you Geordies, the last straw. You Geordies want to crack the top 4, you have the stadium, the fans, most importantly the money, and Fat Sam wants to move Bolton to Newcastle. lol!
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:23 pm

This is really unbelievable stuff. Smith has, undoubtedly, been our worst player this season. He has turned in some of the most useless performances Ive ever seen; he has no intelligence and at best runs about fouling people; even in his best games, against Blackburn and Arsenal, he was entirely ineffective, showing no instinct for goal, incapable of doing anything with the ball. I watched us against Derby less than a week ago along with a whole crowd of 50,000, all booing every substitution Allardyce made precisely because every substitution left Smith on the pitch. People around me who have been fans for fifty years loathe him already, and several were shouting down his every move, his every touch and foul.

Only a fool and a cheat would give Smith the captaincy. He shouldnt be near our first sixteen. Its a disgrace that Allardyce has, in this one day, blamed all our failings on the players then given the captaincy to the worst player of the lot. The latter action shows such a remarkable lack of sense and insight, whilst the former shows up what an arrogant, cheating, small minded manager Allardyce is - in tandem, these things show exactly why so many of our players seem to have no respect for Allardyce, seem unmotivated, seem to be going backwards on the pitch, look confused. I have no doubt that the Newcastle side Im watching at the moment is the worst Ive seen since I started supporting in 1992, and Allardyce is by far the most inept manager we have had - dour Dalglish, conceited and paranoid Gullit, a Glenn Roeder out of his depth - all had more sense and ideas than Allardyce has.

I dont actually think he will last long now - in terms of performances and attitude, he should have gone games ago; after today, his position is untenable as far as Im concerned; but whatever, its very hard for a chairman (who, after all, has his own eyes as well) to be surrounded by 3,000 sick fans all making their feelings known, and for the chairman not to act on this.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Newcastle go through manager's like Park Lives goes through hookers
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

Post by TheCrazy58 Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:16 pm

I would get St James' exorcised. The place is obviously cursed and has become a graveyard for both managers' and players' reputations. Even St. Shay Given is beginning to succumb.

On 606 the talk seems to be for Shearer to be kicked into place, if only because everyone would be scared to fire him too soon.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:18 pm

It's all Bobby Robson's fault, if he had given Viana a chance, Newcastle would have the best Midfielder in the world right now. <Ale>
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

Post by TheCrazy58 Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:23 pm

Black Magic wrote:It's all Bobby Robson's fault, if he had given Viana a chance, Newcastle would have the best Midfielder in the world right now. <Ale>

Was it Robson or Souness' fault?
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:25 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:It's all Bobby Robson's fault, if he had given Viana a chance, Newcastle would have the best Midfielder in the world right now. <Ale>

Robson, the Xenophobic bastard.
    EM Seleção e Selecção
    EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
    Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
    Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:26 pm

I am a Portuguese but tell me you are joking about Viana Laughing Laughing Laughing

Smith=liability <Ale>
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:34 pm

Passion Grit Determination

ok <Ale> lol! ok <Ale> lol! ok <Ale> lol! <Ale> lol!
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:37 pm

EMPortuguese wrote:
    I am a Portuguese but tell me you are joking about Viana Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nope, he was as technically sound as you can get when he first came to England. He had so much potential. Robson had no faith though and left him on the bench. There he lost confidence and became unfit. I don't think he'll ever come close to fullfiling his potential, atleast he's getting back on the right track at Osasuna.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:37 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:

The same xenophobic bastard who worked in Holland & Spain ? Erm

Viana was simply too Slow and not tough enough for the Prem. The same would've happened to him in Serie & Germany.

The Prem isn't ready for no.10's who you can build the team around, we've only just started accepting the quarterbacks.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:41 pm

Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:Passion Grit Determination

ok <Ale> lol! ok <Ale> lol! ok <Ale> lol! <Ale> lol!

Salute Darren Bent, £18m. Razz
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:42 pm

ok Ale Ale Ale
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:44 pm

Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:

The same xenophobic bastard who worked in Holland & Spain ? Erm

Viana was simply too Slow and not tough enough for the Prem. The same would've happened to him in Serie & Germany.

The Prem isn't ready for no.10's who you can build the team around, we've only just started accepting the quarterbacks.
    Mate, it was obvious he preferred the Engilsh players, apart from Olivier Bernard he packed all of the foreigners on the bench.

If you watch footage of him at Newcastle you'll see his technique and skill more then compensated for his physical short comings.

I think Bash would agree with me on this one. <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:44 pm

Luso wrote:
    ok Ale Ale Ale

In hindsight it wasn't the best move for him, he just wasn't good enough to get in the team at the time and wasn't mentally strong enough to keep it going when not playing.
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:45 pm

EMPortuguese wrote:

Smith=liability <Ale>

You may be Portuguese, but you also think Nuno Gomes is better than Liedson.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 am