Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Chap
Isco Benny
Luso
Deluded F*ck™
EM Seleção e Selecção
TheCrazy58
Bashmachkin
Luis
L r d hAsta LueGo
Puro
Dwarf
Deano
shazlx
Kimbo
fcb
Machiavel
lrdsucksgoats
Black Magic
Parks lives
23 posters

Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain.

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain. - Page 3 Empty Re: Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain.

Post by Puro Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    Fucking senile fool built that team, it would never have happened without him. When he took over we were sliding towards relegation. I can't say they same about any of the players, not even Shearer. <Ale>

And btw, Robson MADE Solano, if it wasn't for Bobby Nobby could still be playing at right back in South America. ok

Senile may have built it, but he sure DESTROYED it with one transfer. You know damn well which one. I still remember the shocked faces of hundreds of Geordies when they found out "their" Nobby had been sold to Aston Villa.

Senile didn't make Solano. Nobby is a Copa Libertadores finalist with Sporting Cristal, adored at Boca Juniors, and if it hadn't been for Newcastle, Nobby would've played for Deportivo La Coruña. I'm sure you remember how great Deportivo used to be a few years ago. Nobby was their missing link, and Newcastle beat them for Ñol's signature. Solano would've won at Deportivo too, been a legend to Deportivo's fans just as well. Nobby's a winner wherever he plays, Sporting Cristal, Boca, Newcastle, Aston Villa, West Ham....True story brother, Robson destroyed Newcastle with that one transfer! Ask your fellow Geordies, the old timers. <Ale>
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain. - Page 3 Empty Re: Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain.

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 pm

While you're here Luso, have you heard of a Portuguese LB called Antunes. He plays for Roma after being spotted by Spalletti. It was weird because he never played for one of the Portuguese big boys. I think he could be the answer to our Left Back problem. If you have heard of him or seen him play do you think he'll become a great player one day?
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:24 pm

He's already loved by our fans...
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:26 pm

Puro wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:
    Fucking senile fool built that team, it would never have happened without him. When he took over we were sliding towards relegation. I can't say they same about any of the players, not even Shearer. <Ale>

And btw, Robson MADE Solano, if it wasn't for Bobby Nobby could still be playing at right back in South America. ok

Senile may have built it, but he sure DESTROYED it with one transfer. You know damn well which one. I still remember the shocked faces of hundreds of Geordies when they found out "their" Nobby had been sold to Aston Villa.

Senile didn't make Solano. Nobby is a Copa Libertadores finalist with Sporting Cristal, adored at Boca Juniors, and if it hadn't been for Newcastle, Nobby would've played for Deportivo La Coruña. I'm sure you remember how great Deportivo used to be a few years ago. Nobby was their missing link, and Newcastle beat them for Ñol's signature. Solano would've won at Deportivo too, been a legend to Deportivo's fans just as well. Nobby's a winner wherever he plays, Sporting Cristal, Boca, Newcastle, Aston Villa, West Ham....True story brother, Robson destroyed Newcastle with that one transfer! Ask your fellow Geordies, the old timers. <Ale>
    The team were on the slide BEFORE Solano left Puro, i'm sure my "fellow Geordies" are knowledgable enough to know that.

Whose idea was it to convert Solano into a right winger? Bobby Robson. <Ale>
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:31 pm

Is Puro now saying Robson is shite too?

Good grief
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:32 pm

Don Fabio wrote:Is Puro now saying Robson is shite too?

Good grief
    That whole Newcastle team were shite apart from Solano. Woodgate = Shite, Shearer = Shite. No doubt he doesn't think much of the others either, seeing as they were mostly british.

Also Robert = Solano. Ale
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:34 pm

The Robson bashers should be stoned. ok
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:34 pm

Don Fabio wrote:Is Puro now saying Robson is shite too?

Good grief

Not at all! Robson was a very good manager, but he had lost the plot completely in the end. Who the f@ck sells someone as talented as Nobby Solano- in his peak- for 1 million pounds? A Senile fool! that's who!

Robson was a very good coach no doubt! <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:39 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    That whole Newcastle team were shite apart from Solano. Woodgate = Shite, Shearer = Shite. No doubt he doesn't think much of the others either, seeing as they were mostly british.

Biggrin You can tell pretty much who's who before or after. Solano made that whole team click. Nobby's just one of those guys who makes EVERYONE BETTER. No Nobby, and EVERYONE turned to shite overnight!

Remember how Villa were right before Nobby arrived? They were shite, and Nobby helped them to a respectable position. Look at West Ham now, and they will only continue to improve. Nobby makes everyone get involved in the game with his superior vision of the game, and passing skills overall. <Ale>
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:40 pm

Puro wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:It's all Bobby Robson's fault, if he had given Viana a chance, Newcastle would have the best Midfielder in the world right now. <Ale>

I don't know if Hugo would've been one of the best midfielders in the world, but the guy had a lot of talent back then for sure. Senile dog did not know how to use his talents, much the same way the current imbecile in charge is destroying N'Zogbia's career, crushing the lad's confidence.

Never ever trust your talent to the current crop (the last 15 years or so) of English coaches. Sure there are a couple of exceptions in Dirty Harry and Curbs (these two can coach a little), but the vast majority of English coaches are dumbasses. <Ale>

EVERY coach in the World at some point either buys or inherits one or two players with potential which never gets realised, not just English ones, you xenophobic numbskull with turd for brains lol!

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:41 pm

Puro wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:

Biggrin You can tell pretty much who's who before or after. Solano made that whole team click. Nobby's just one of those guys who makes EVERYONE BETTER. No Nobby, and EVERYONE turned to shite overnight!

Remember how Villa were right before Nobby arrived? They were shite, and Nobby helped them to a respectable position. Look at West Ham now, and they will only continue to improve. Nobby makes everyone get involved in the game with his superior vision of the game, and passing skills overall. <Ale>
    Merry Krimbo wrote:
    The team were on the slide BEFORE Solano left Puro, i'm sure my "fellow Geordies" are knowledgable enough to know that.

Are you dyslexic, or do you just ignore FACTS that you don't like? scratch
    Chap

Number of posts : 204
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by Chap Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:42 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote: Viana was never a 4-4-2 player. When Dyer or Speed were injured Jenas was the next best option.

As much as culture may have been a factor, thats the key point. Viana wasn't tough enough for the centre, and wasn't as good as Robert out wide. As irritating as he was Robert was an ideal 4-4-2 player - and during those purple patches he'd go through every now and then he was unstoppable, a real matchwinner and great to watch for neutrals.
    The decline of Newcastle had a lot to do with Robert, Shearer and Speed getting older and Dyer getting broken, not just Nobby. Speed and Dyer were a pretty classic duo, and kind of defined the stylish helter-skelter approach of the side.

The good side that finished third actually embodied the ideal for a lot of the guff Allardyce goes on about - the mad pace and physical power. The difference was in a well balanced shape with the quality players in their right positions. Replacing those players as they aged just didn't work out right. Whats odd is that they now have actual talent, and are about 1 centre midfielder away from being able to do a similar thing, and an old school English manager is ignoring, of all things, the 4-4-2. Smith doesn't just embody the British obsession with passion, he's typical of this NC team because he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing on the pitch.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:43 pm

Don Fabio wrote:
    EVERY coach in the World at some point either buys or inherits potential which never gets realised, not just English ones, you zenophobic numbskull with turd for brains lol!

Go ahead and call me xenophobic all you like to run from the fact that the current crop of English coaches are SHITE! Biggrin

The funny thing is that the English FA believes this fact as well, and not only them but also every major football club in England. Go foreign they say!lol!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:47 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:

Senile stopped playing Nobby. Senile eliminated Newcastle from Europe as well by benching Nobby after he had scored in the first leg? Was it Red Star that KO Newcastle? I remember Nobby gave you a lifeline, but was benched for the return leg. Senile destroyed your team?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Chap wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote: Viana was never a 4-4-2 player. When Dyer or Speed were injured Jenas was the next best option.

As much as culture may have been a factor, thats the key point. Viana wasn't tough enough for the centre, and wasn't as good as Robert out wide. As irritating as he was Robert was an ideal 4-4-2 player - and during those purple patches he'd go through every now and then he was unstoppable, a real matchwinner and great to watch for neutrals.
    The decline of Newcastle had a lot to do with Robert, Shearer and Speed getting older and Dyer getting broken, not just Nobby. Speed and Dyer were a pretty classic duo, and kind of defined the stylish helter-skelter approach of the side.

The good side that finished third actually embodied the ideal for a lot of the guff Allardyce goes on about - the mad pace and physical power. The difference was in a well balanced shape with the quality players in their right positions. Replacing those players as they aged just didn't work out right. Whats odd is that they now have actual talent, and are about 1 centre midfielder away from being able to do a similar thing, and an old school English manager is ignoring, of all things, the 4-4-2. Smith doesn't just embody the British obsession with passion, he's typical of this NC team because he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing on the pitch.
    ok
    We would be better off with a typical english manager, players like N'Zogbia, Martins, and Viduka are made for 442.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:50 pm

Parks lives wrote:The Robson bashers should be stoned. ok

The only WC English coach of my lifetime Ale

@ Luso & Black Magic

Ronaldo made it because unlike Viana, he has size, strength & speed allied to that talent, plus a winning mentality...

Hugo was, smaller, weaker, slower, and didn't have the same dedication towards improving himself as a player like CR does.

Laurent Robert was the Mutts nuts - to call him a poor Man's Beckham is absurd. Sure he had crazy outbursts in the media, and could be a lazy git but when he was on fire, he was unstoppable (2001-02, I think).

I agree with Luso's comment that in whatever country, it's easier to play domestic players who are playin poorly rather than foreigners.

@ Puro

Solano has been a quality player - no doubt, and he could've helped that 1999-2004 Deportivo generation win more than what they did - but he wouldn't have been the best or most creative player in that squad, what with Naybet, Valeron, & Mauro Silva being there.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:51 pm

Puro wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:

Senile stopped playing Nobby. Senile eliminated Newcastle from Europe as well by benching Nobby after he had scored in the first leg? Was it Red Star that KO Newcastle? I remember Nobby gave you a lifeline, but was benched for the return leg. Senile destroyed your team?
    Wrong, he played most games that season.
    http://www.premiersoccerstats.com/PlayerAppearances.cfm?PLAYER_TEAM=689&Year=2003/4&PlayerID=SOLANON
    Solano was playing and we were on the slide, FACT. <Ale>
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:53 pm

Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:
    Laurent Robert was alright - to compare him to Beckham is absurd.

<Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:55 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    http://www.premiersoccerstats.com/PlayerAppearances.cfm?PLAYER_TEAM=689&Year=2003/4&PlayerID=SOLANON

Find the European game in which he benched Solano. Newcastle looked shite in the return leg, and the team never recovered after that. For some reason Robson benched Nobby even though Nobby had been the best player in the first leg of that European tie. Or maybe I'm going senile too like Robson, and don't know what the f@ck I'm talking about. lol! <Ale>
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:59 pm

L r d wrote:
    Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:
    Laurent Robert was alright - to compare him to Beckham is absurd.

<Ale>

I know - Robert never lost his place for the majority of the season for the substitute striker. Smiley
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Black Magic wrote:While you're here Luso, have you heard of a Portuguese LB called Antunes. He plays for Roma after being spotted by Spalletti. It was weird because he never played for one of the Portuguese big boys. I think he could be the answer to our Left Back problem. If you have heard of him or seen him play do you think he'll become a great player one day?

Antunes? Yea, he played for Paços de Ferreira in Portugal before moving to Italy. I've written about this guy before as I wonder about him as he's never played for even a biggish club in Portugal let alone one of the big three.

Antunes was linked with Sporting and Juventus last summer, then it appeared as though he was set for Juventus while playing in Canada for Portugal at the world U-20 tourney.

He's currently a PT U-21, he's even worn the arm band at that level, and it seems they're happy with him in Rome despite not getting playing time.

It's interesting to me that he didn't get a move to one of our big clubs before moving abroad, and I'm not sure what the Italians have seen in him that has convinced them they should make their move now. I've seen him on only a few occasions so I really can't say much about how good he is, although they've only had good things to say about his play for Portugal.

I think Sporting gambled on the young LB's we already had thinking Antunes wouldn't be any better, while Porto is covered at LB... so perhaps Benfica could've made a move since they've been looking but they already have some young guys and might have thought he wasn't up to it.

I'm thinking Antunes will be willing to sit on Roma's bench for now, but if he doesn't play soon he'll prob look for a move back to one of Portugal's big clubs as he needs to be playing at this stage in his career.
    Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:04 pm

Puro wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:

Find the European game in which he benched Solano. Newcastle looked shite in the return leg, and the team never recovered after that. For some reason Robson benched Nobby even though Nobby had been the best player in the first leg of that European tie. Or maybe I'm going senile too like Robson, and don't know what the f@ck I'm talking about. lol! <Ale>
    So you're basing this on 1 european game where Newcastle didn't play well? Rolling Eyes The evidence is there in that link Puro, look at the results and Solanos contribution in terms of goals and assists, all you have to do is take your head out of your arse and look at it. <Ale>
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:06 pm

Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:

@ Luso & Black Magic

Ronaldo made it because unlike Viana, he has size, strength & speed allied to that talent, plus a winning mentality...

Hugo was, smaller, weaker, slower, and didn't have the same dedication towards improving himself as a player like CR does.

Laurent Robert was the Mutts nuts - to call him a poor Man's Beckham is absurd. Sure he had crazy outbursts in the media, and could be a lazy git but when he was on fire, he was unstoppable (2001-02, I think).

I agree with Luso's comment that in whatever country, it's easier to play domestic players who are playin poorly rather than foreigners.

Viana was weaker than Ronaldo when he arrived in England? Not a chance. Do people remember what Ronaldo looked like when he left Sporting? The kid needed to be fed. He did however have pace and was lucky enough to find a manager that was willing to work with him and not give up or expect things from him he couldn't deliver.

If Viana was all wrong for Newcastle they shouldn't have brough him in and expected what he coudln't give.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:11 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:Rolling Eyes The evidence is there in that link Puro, look at the results and Solanos contribution in terms of goals and assists, all you have to do is take your head out of your arse and look at it. <Ale>

Believe it or not, sometimes ONE game is all it takes for the team to crumble. The players wanted to continue playing in Europe, and Robson fucked it all up for them.

Believe it or not, there are some women who prefer their men with that one extra inch of manhood. They say "it's that one extra inch that makes all the difference in the world". Biggrin <Ale>

One game Kimbo! That ONE game fucked up everything for Newcastle, it was the beginning of the end right there. Now you take your head out of your ass and look back at the events. Biggrin <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:13 pm

Puro wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:Rolling Eyes The evidence is there in that link Puro, look at the results and Solanos contribution in terms of goals and assists, all you have to do is take your head out of your arse and look at it. <Ale>

Believe it or not, sometimes ONE game is all it takes for the team to crumble. The players wanted to continue playing in Europe, and Robson fucked it all up for them.

Believe it or not, there are some women who prefer their men with that one extra inch of manhood. They say "it's that one extra inch that makes all the difference in the world". Biggrin <Ale>

One game Kimbo! That ONE game fucked up everything for Newcastle, it was the beginning of the end right there. Now you take your head out of your ass and look back at the events. Biggrin <Ale>
    Look at the link Puro, the team started the season in poor form. Solano was doing f@ck all to contribute despite playing. You really know nothing about football, all your posts are tinged with the bitter taste of bias. Ale
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:22 pm

Luso wrote:
    Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:

@ Luso & Black Magic

Viana was weaker than Ronaldo when he arrived in England? Not a chance. Do people remember what Ronaldo looked like when he left Sporting? The kid needed to be fed. He did however have pace and was lucky enough to find a manager that was willing to work with him and not give up or expect things from him he couldn't deliver.

If Viana was all wrong for Newcastle they shouldn't have brought him in and expected what he couldn't give.

If you're comparing the two directly, Viana was more developed than Ronaldo when he 1st came here. Ronaldo was a skinny little runt (see my pic below), but he had untapped natural strength that you could never get out of Viana. Add in the pace and mentality factors, and as you rightly point out, an manager that was willing to gamble on him more (helped out by the fact that he's a natural winger rather than a no.10 like Hugo - I hinted at this in my original post) and it explains why he's succeeded and Hugo hasn't.

Alan Smith - Newcastle Captain. - Page 3 IMG_1489XWEBX
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:23 pm

Joey Barton arrested for (another) assault

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2232771,00.html

Barton arrested over alleged assault

Staff and agencies
    Thursday December 27, 2007
    Guardian Unlimited

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton is tonight in police custody in connection with an allegation of assault. The 25-year-old was one of three people arrested in Liverpool in the early hours of today.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "Two males aged 25 and 19 and a woman aged 27 were arrested at 5.30am today on Church Street in Liverpool City Centre following an allegation of assault. All three remain in custody for interview and processing and I expect a decision on charges or release will be made later tonight."

Doh
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:25 pm

He couldn't control himself. So hes got another man and a woman to join in his deed?
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Dirty Geordie.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:28 pm

I think the case against him for assaulting Ousman Dabo (which was pretty bad by the sound of it) is still outstanding too. He's in trouble now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:04 pm