Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
christmasborocooper
Ä
Puro
robert
S4P
Jaime
Lordanger
Fey
COTR
ads_afc
Parks lives
tigerthesmurf
Jago
Glenarch of the Glen
Tweesus
Luis
Sheffield gunner
Black Magic
lrdsucksgoats
Football Genius
L r d hAsta LueGo
Pierre Littbarski
debaser
Sgoater1
Di Caniooooo!
Hlebagone
Machiavel
Kroos
briz
Green Arrow
The Pröfessör
Kimbo
Rosicky
Deano
GR
Cesc Soler
SuperMario
Dwarf
42 posters

Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January

tigerthesmurf

Number of posts : 83
    Supports : Arsenal!!!!!!! (Sao Paulo, Watford, Ajax, Inter)
    Registration date : 2007-12-30

Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January

Post by tigerthesmurf Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Matthew Upson wrote:Laughing That's right...blame our fans who are known to create atmosphere home and away...

Highbury wasn't called the Library for nothing...so it's no surprise there is no atmosphere at The Emirates either...

And having seen Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, hell, even St. James' Park. It's not at all worse than those.

Plus I went to Upton Park last season. Let's just say, apart from the Bubbles at the beginning, I was fairly disappointed.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January

Post by debaser Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:49 pm

Jago wrote:The pressure's on us to keep it up now and try to get a few points out of the next three games - and buy a couple more players.

I still think we need to get rid of Moore, he has a bad attitude and thinks he's god's gift.

Laursen's ace!
    gotta love laursen, needs to get that new contract sorted.

moore - i think he's on his way, to be honest - him only getting the 1 year contract extension was a sure sign O'Neill doesn't rate him too highly. i can see us getting a striker in the transfer window, as he doesn't seem to trust harewood either.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Sheffield gunner wrote:Just got back from the Arsenal game. Comfortable victory, which isn't surprising considering West Ham's many injuries and our good form. Two good goals, Eduardo was very clinical, an excellent goal and if he is starting to find his feet in England then it could be a great boost for us. West Ham had a couple of opportunities, mostly through errors from us at the back but didn't carve out too many clear goalscoring chances. We could maybe have got more but 2-0 was a fair result in my opinion. The atmosphere was woefully bad, the worst I've experienced at the Emirates (and that says something). I guess we can put that down to it being New Year's day, and the match lacking the intensity normally expected of a London derby.

Yeah the atmosphere was flat, where were you sitting?
    OUch mate, shouldn't sit during a match mate.
    tigerthesmurf

Number of posts : 83
    Supports : Arsenal!!!!!!! (Sao Paulo, Watford, Ajax, Inter)
    Registration date : 2007-12-30

Post by tigerthesmurf Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:36 am

Di Caniooooo! wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:
    Sheffield gunner wrote:Just got back from the Arsenal game. Comfortable victory, which isn't surprising considering West Ham's many injuries and our good form. Two good goals, Eduardo was very clinical, an excellent goal and if he is starting to find his feet in England then it could be a great boost for us. West Ham had a couple of opportunities, mostly through errors from us at the back but didn't carve out too many clear goalscoring chances. We could maybe have got more but 2-0 was a fair result in my opinion. The atmosphere was woefully bad, the worst I've experienced at the Emirates (and that says something). I guess we can put that down to it being New Year's day, and the match lacking the intensity normally expected of a London derby.

I hate sitting during a match it's horrible. However at The Grove there's only one block where they let you stand and it's season ticket only. I go the for cup games but in league games I have to sit on my arse and shout at the crowd sometimes if they're not getting behind the team Mad
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Really tough game for us tonight at Newcastle. Id be very happy with a point but could do with a win after yesterday's games. Still Newcastle are decent at home and well up for it. Its a shame Elano isnt fit and prob on the bench whilst Castillo isnt registered for it.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:50 pm

Is it really a shame though Goatman? Elano was really woeful vs Liverpool.
    ads_afc
    ads_afc

Number of posts : 464
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Billy Gallas
    Registration date : 2007-05-27

Post by ads_afc Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:53 pm

tigerthesmurf wrote:
    Di Caniooooo! wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

I hate sitting during a match it's horrible. However at The Grove there's only one block where they let you stand and it's season ticket only. I go the for cup games but in league games I have to sit on my arse and shout at the crowd sometimes if they're not getting behind the team Mad

I sit in that block, the drunken new years day singing was hilarious Very Happy
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:Really tough game for us tonight at Newcastle. Id be very happy with a point but could do with a win after yesterday's games. Still Newcastle are decent at home and well up for it. Its a shame Elano isnt fit and prob on the bench whilst Castillo isnt registered for it.
    We're fucking not!
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:Really tough game for us tonight at Newcastle. Id be very happy with a point but could do with a win after yesterday's games. Still Newcastle are decent at home and well up for it. Its a shame Elano isnt fit and prob on the bench whilst Castillo isnt registered for it.
    We're fucking not!

Won 5 drawn 2 lost 2 isnt that bad mate !
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:50 pm

Parks lives wrote:Is it really a shame though Goatman? Elano was really woeful vs Liverpool.

Yeah cos when fit he is awsome, simply he is just not full fit yet and thats affecting his game.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:
    We're fucking not!

Won 5 drawn 2 lost 2 isnt that bad mate !
    The performances have been fucking dyer all season though. You'll see. ok
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Liverpool

25 Reina
    03 Finnan
    17 Arbeloa
    23 Carragher
    12 Aurelio
    16 Pennant
    14 Alonso
    20 Mascherano
    07 Kewell
    08 Gerrard
    09 Torres

Substitutes
    30 Itandje, 06 Riise, 11 Benayoun, 15 Crouch, 18 Kuyt

Wigan

01 Kirkland
    25 Melchiot
    18 Scharner
    19 Bramble
    08 Kilbane
    16 Valencia
    14 Landzaat
    11 Brown
    02 Taylor
    09 Heskey
    23 Bent
    Substitutes
    12 Pollitt, 06 Sibierski, 10 Koumas, 17 Boyce, 20 Olembe
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:31 pm

So Benayoun gets dropped for Pennant, why Doh
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:33 pm

Newcastle

* 01 Given
    * 21 Beye
    * 27 Taylor
    * 06 Cacapa
    * 14 N'Zogbia
    * 16 Milner
    * 22 Butt
    * 25 Faye
    * 11 Duff
    * 36 Viduka
    * 09 Martins

Substitutes

* 13 Harper,
    * 03 Jose Enrique,
    * 04 Rozehnal,
    * 05 Emre,
    * 10 Owen

Man City

* 25 Hart
    * 04 Onuoha
    * 02 Richards
    * 22 Dunne
    * 03 Ball
    * 07 Ireland
    * 21 Hamann
    * 11 Elano
    * 16 Corluka
    * 15 Petrov
    * 12 Vassell

Substitutes

* 01 Isaksson,
    * 10 Bianchi,
    * 24 Garrido,
    * 28 Gelson,
    * 37 Etuhu

Newcastle playing a proper 4-4-2 for once, at least that's what you'd expect.
    Dwarf

Post by Dwarf Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:33 pm

Bolton

* 22 Jaaskelainen
    * 24 O'Brien
    * 05 Meite
    * 31 O'Brien
    * 11 Gardner
    * 14 Davies
    * 04 Nolan
    * 08 Campo
    * 17 Guthrie
    * 21 Diouf
    * 39 Anelka

Substitutes

* 26 Al Habsi,
    * 03 Samuel,
    * 07 Giannakopoulos,
    * 10 Wilhelmsson,
    * 28 Michalik

Derby

* 01 Price
    * 24 Mears
    * 23 Moore
    * 19 Davis
    * 04 McEveley
    * 16 Teale
    * 11 Fagan
    * 08 Oakley
    * 28 Barnes
    * 15 Lewis
    * 14 Miller

Substitutes

* 29 Hinchliffe,
    * 02 Edworthy,
    * 06 Johnson,
    * 12 Macken,
    * 22 Feilhaber

Go out with a bang Anelka please.
    Dwarf

Post by Dwarf Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:36 pm

Blackburn

* 01 Friedel
    * 07 Emerton
    * 04 Samba
    * 06 Nelsen
    * 03 Warnock
    * 11 Bentley
    * 15 Mokoena
    * 05 Kerimoglu
    * 12 Pedersen
    * 09 Santa Cruz
    * 10 McCarthy

Substitutes

* 32 Brown,
    * 13 Khizanishvili,
    * 19 Dunn,
    * 22 Treacy,
    * 27 Derbyshire

Sunderland

* 01 Gordon
    * 08 Whitehead
    * 06 McShane
    * 14 Higginbotham
    * 15 Collins
    * 12 Miller
    * 19 Yorke
    * 10 Richardson
    * 33 Wallace
    * 17 Jones
    * 11 Murphy

Substitutes

* 13 Ward,
    * 18 Leadbitter,
    * 20 Cole,
    * 28 Kavanagh,
    * 39 Waghorn

Santa was allegedly injured, should be an easy win for Blackburn.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:47 pm

4-5-1 at home v Wigan? Rafa where are your cojones?
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:56 pm

2008: De Guzman's year wrote:4-5-1 at home v Wigan? Rafa where are your cojones?

More like a 4-2-3-1 Wink

Would have been nice to see it with babel playing the role behind torres instead of gerrard and kewell but he seems to have gone for the kuyt impact on the bench instead
    Dwarf

Post by Dwarf Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:01 pm

2008: De Guzman's year wrote:4-5-1 at home v Wigan? Rafa where are your cojones?

Resting players while they are on the pitch. Odd, but that would never stop Rafa.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:01 pm

Benayoun Laugh
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:02 pm

COTR wrote:

More like a 4-2-3-1 Wink

Would have been nice to see it with babel playing the role behind torres instead of gerrard and kewell but he seems to have gone for the kuyt impact on the bench instead
    Think you're going to get another striker this transfer window. Don't think Rafa is happy with Crouch, Voronin & Kuyt.

Feyenoord play 4-2-3-1 every match, can be attacking. But is best for counterattacking.

Anyway Cojones-less Wenger tends to play 4-5-1 v Cr@p teams too.

Don't like it if you're much better, 4-5-1 -in whatever way- should never be the system of choice. In Feyenoord's case the excuse is that we only have 1 striker (and no money); Wenger & Rafa have 4.
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:15 pm

Matthew Upson wrote:Benayoun Laugh

I'm sure he is gutted he has left west ham mate Biggrin

working stream for whoever wants it. None of the sopcast seem to work

Perfect Internet Stream (Windows Media Player) for everyone:

Goto
    http://www.livesporton.tv/free3pm.asp

Scroll down to the Liverpool game and download one of the VBR Streams and open with Windows Media Player (10/11), when it asks for password use:

Username: saturday3pm
    Password: www.livesporton.tv

Sound and no picture?
    http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp click "Upgrade" and install it
    GR
    GR

Number of posts : 655
    Supports : Liverpool FC
    Favourite Player : Momo Sissoko, King Kenny, Robbie Fowler, Ian Rush, Daniel Agger, Xabi Alonso, Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by GR Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:19 pm

COTR wrote:

Goto

Scroll down to the Liverpool game and download one of the VBR Streams and open with Windows Media Player (10/11), when it asks for password use:

Sound and no picture?
    http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp click "Upgrade" and install it

Genius!! Ale
    Dwarf

Post by Dwarf Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:28 pm

Newcastle 0-1 Man City
    Elano (Vassel)
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:30 pm

gerrard and mascha both miss easy chances. poor mascha just doesn't know what to do when clean through

torres is our best player again tonight. we need a goal to open the floodgates though as wigan might be dangerous on the break
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:39 pm

This is a bullshit game in so many ways. Grr
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:This is a bullshit game in so many ways. Grr

Playing well against the good teams and losing, play shite against the shite ones and not winning. Sam's got it the wrong way round Biggrin
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:42 pm

COTR wrote:

Goto

Sound and no picture?

I hope he's wrapped up warm on that bench...judas Pr!ck.
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:43 pm

Smith aint playing affraid No wonder they're playing well.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:43 pm

c**t

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:37 am