Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
christmasborocooper
Ä
Puro
robert
S4P
Jaime
Lordanger
Fey
COTR
ads_afc
Parks lives
tigerthesmurf
Jago
Glenarch of the Glen
Tweesus
Luis
Sheffield gunner
Black Magic
lrdsucksgoats
Football Genius
L r d hAsta LueGo
Pierre Littbarski
debaser
Sgoater1
Di Caniooooo!
Hlebagone
Machiavel
Kroos
briz
Green Arrow
The Pröfessör
Kimbo
Rosicky
Deano
GR
Cesc Soler
SuperMario
Dwarf
42 posters

Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January

Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January - Page 4 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January

Post by Football Genius Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:48 pm

Dwarf wrote:Lausen misses another easy opportunity.

Absolutely shocking finish.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January - Page 4 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:02 pm

villa 1-0
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:03 pm

Melberg. cheers
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:15 pm

Just got back from the emirates. cheers

Very well controlled game from us, we dictated the proceedings throughout. I hadn't even taken a sip at my Ribena before Eduardo burst the back of the net, great pass from Cesc and a nice chest down and cornered shot from our Crozilian. Noone had realised the ball had actually gone in for the second until we saw Adebayor celebrating, I'm still shocked that he managed to score from such a tight angle. The defence was largely untroubled, unsurprisingly West Ham's best chance came from a free kick when Clichy cleared off the line in the first half. Eboue was fantastic for me, one of his best performances in the RM position, great passing, great energy shown, great defending and great link up play, definately my MOTM. On the other wing Rosicky also had a good game, probably should of added to the tally in the second half but sometimes it just goes that way. Fabregas dictated the second half with a really mature performance, it's difficult to fathom that this guy is only 20 years old. Very happy with Ade's performance, the thing I liked most was that he has returned to being a hard working striker, there were a few weeks where he really wasn't pulling his weght but today he returned to being the hard working Ade we know and love.

The atmosphere was kinda flat today, particularly in the first half, very understandable though, most people, including myself had hangovers. Freddie got a great standing ovation when he was replaced in the first half, his famous red hair chant ringing around the ground, well deserved for his services this millenium. The second biggest cheer was when Eboue was for Eboue when he was replaced, it seemed like a unanimous decision that he had a fine game.

All in all, I had a great day.
    cheers
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm sorry but Dawson is absolute $h!t and I've thought that for a while not just on tonight.

In hindsight the idea of Spurs finishing 4th was ridiculous.

Only Chimbonda, King, Berbatov, Defoe and Keane would be good enough to play for the big 4.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Congratulations on beating our reserves Ale
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:24 pm

Matthew Upson wrote:Congratulations on beating our reserves Ale

But today it was your first team... <Ale>
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:24 pm

Matthew Upson wrote:Congratulations on beating our reserves Ale

Thank you and Happy New Year. <Ale>
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:41 pm

Just got back from the Arsenal game. Comfortable victory, which isn't surprising considering West Ham's many injuries and our good form. Two good goals, Eduardo was very clinical, an excellent goal and if he is starting to find his feet in England then it could be a great boost for us. West Ham had a couple of opportunities, mostly through errors from us at the back but didn't carve out too many clear goalscoring chances. We could maybe have got more but 2-0 was a fair result in my opinion. The atmosphere was woefully bad, the worst I've experienced at the Emirates (and that says something). I guess we can put that down to it being New Year's day, and the match lacking the intensity normally expected of a London derby.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:43 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Just got back from the Arsenal game. Comfortable victory, which isn't surprising considering West Ham's many injuries and our good form. Two good goals, Eduardo was very clinical, an excellent goal and if he is starting to find his feet in England then it could be a great boost for us. West Ham had a couple of opportunities, mostly through errors from us at the back but didn't carve out too many clear goalscoring chances. We could maybe have got more but 2-0 was a fair result in my opinion. The atmosphere was woefully bad, the worst I've experienced at the Emirates (and that says something). I guess we can put that down to it being New Year's day, and the match lacking the intensity normally expected of a London derby.

Yeah the atmosphere was flat, where were you sitting?
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Sheffield gunner wrote:Just got back from the Arsenal game. Comfortable victory, which isn't surprising considering West Ham's many injuries and our good form. Two good goals, Eduardo was very clinical, an excellent goal and if he is starting to find his feet in England then it could be a great boost for us. West Ham had a couple of opportunities, mostly through errors from us at the back but didn't carve out too many clear goalscoring chances. We could maybe have got more but 2-0 was a fair result in my opinion. The atmosphere was woefully bad, the worst I've experienced at the Emirates (and that says something). I guess we can put that down to it being New Year's day, and the match lacking the intensity normally expected of a London derby.

Surprise Surprise
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:51 pm

Upper tier, block 111, through turnstile H. It's the east side of the pitch about 3/4's of the way up the pitch.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:55 pm

hows boateng doing for spurs, is he now a regular starter?
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Upper tier, block 111, through turnstile H. It's the east side of the pitch about 3/4's of the way up the pitch.

Yeah the Upper tier sucked, I was sitting there in the Red Quadrant. It seemed like there were a lot of noobies there who didn't know exactly where to go. Most of the regulars probably had hangovers or something and decided that staying home was the best option. The West Ham fans didn't create much noise either. <Ale>
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:59 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:hows boateng doing for spurs, is he now a regular starter?

Conceded the most neddless foul in the history of the EPL, he then lot his marker for the free kick and Aston Villa scored. He was subbed off at half time for probably the lowest successful passing ratio this season. <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:59 pm

Luis wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

Surprise Surprise

At least the football will have been decent though Ale
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:59 pm

Laughing That's right...blame our fans who are known to create atmosphere home and away...

Highbury wasn't called the Library for nothing...so it's no surprise there is no atmosphere at The Emirates either...
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:04 pm

Matthew Upson wrote:Laughing That's right...blame our fans who are known to create atmosphere home and away...

Highbury wasn't called the Library for nothing...so it's no surprise there is no atmosphere at The Emirates either...

When did I blame your fans? Both sets of fans were disappointingly quiet due to the New Years celebrations earlier. The Hammers fans are great and lively, just this occasion it wasn't so. <Ale>

The Emirates has great atmosphere, we wouldn't have been able to come back from behind so many times without the fans helping the lads out. <Ale>
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Melberg has to score in the same week as Lausen doesn't he. Doh
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:09 pm

Dwarf wrote:Melberg has to score in the same week as Lausen doesn't he. Doh
    cheers

gotta hold on now...
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:10 pm

Spurs are wank
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:11 pm

Tottenham can't defend for $h!t...
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:12 pm

debaser wrote:
    cheers

gotta hold on now...

Didn't Shrewsbury win as well for you?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:12 pm

Daniel Levy:
    "Juande, Damien and I have reviewed the squad and Juande feels that we are not looking at any major changes,"
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    debaser wrote:
    cheers

gotta hold on now...

Didn't Shrewsbury win as well for you?
    alas no, lost 2-1 at peterboro. we started with 7 defenders, so it wasn't altogether surprising.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:14 pm

Shrewsbury scoring is as good as 3 points though Cool
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:14 pm

They're wankers...whenever you want them to get a draw or something, they f@ck up!
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:18 pm

Football Genius wrote:Shrewsbury scoring is as good as 3 points though Cool
    that's not what the league table seems to think.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:20 pm

but anyway...great win for villa Very Happy

needed that, with portsmouth and everton both winning too.

good haul over xmas/new year, 8 pts and unbeaten over 4 reasonably tricky fixtures.
    Jago
    Jago

Number of posts : 179
    Supports : Aston Villa
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Jago Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:40 pm

The pressure's on us to keep it up now and try to get a few points out of the next three games - and buy a couple more players.

I still think we need to get rid of Moore, he has a bad attitude and thinks he's god's gift.

Laursen's ace!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:19 am