Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
christmasborocooper
Ä
Puro
robert
S4P
Jaime
Lordanger
Fey
COTR
ads_afc
Parks lives
tigerthesmurf
Jago
Glenarch of the Glen
Tweesus
Luis
Sheffield gunner
Black Magic
lrdsucksgoats
Football Genius
L r d hAsta LueGo
Pierre Littbarski
debaser
Sgoater1
Di Caniooooo!
Hlebagone
Machiavel
Kroos
briz
Green Arrow
The Pröfessör
Kimbo
Rosicky
Deano
GR
Cesc Soler
SuperMario
Dwarf
42 posters

Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January - Page 8 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January

Post by debaser Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 pm

ouch. liverpool are going to have to start focusing on the battle for forth now.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January - Page 8 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 1st/2nd January

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Bruce has never lost to Benitez.

He also got a draw at Anfield with Birmigham earlier in the season.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Oh Christ.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:57 pm

Haha, they always drop points without Kuyt starting Very Happy
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:57 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:Oh Christ.

Rock bottom

I look forward to nutty's 3rd thread about us being out of the title race
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:57 pm

well the Wigan goal at least made the last ten minutes more exciting. I don't understand the team selection, this draw changes nothing, we wont finish 1st or 5th so it's not worth getting worked up over.

If we gave Rafa some money for a flair player he'd probably buy a defender anyway.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:57 pm

L r d wrote:We're into Rafa time, 3 minutes of it, will he last long in 08? Biggrin

Who will be sacked first -- Allardyce or Rafa?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:58 pm

Fey wrote:Haha, they always drop points without Kuyt starting Very Happy

They drew 0:0 against Man City .. Kuyt started
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:58 pm

L r d wrote:cheers Bramble! what a legend Biggrin

Whoop
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:59 pm

johan il quattordici wrote:
    Fey wrote:Haha, they always drop points without Kuyt starting Very Happy

They drew 0:0 against Man City .. Kuyt started

They win more with him ok
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:00 pm

Shocking result for Liverpool, I can see the 'Can Liverpool Challenge for the Title?' thread being popular tonight. Credit to Wigan, their first point against a 'big four' club, but not good enough from Liverpool.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:01 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Shocking result for Liverpool, I can see the 'Can Liverpool Challenge for the Title?' thread being popular tonight. Credit to Wigan, their first point against a 'big four' club, but not good enough from Liverpool.

Wigan got lucky, but benitez should be fucking shot for even letting them have the chance to be lucky

titus bramble in defence and he plays one up front throughout Doh
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:03 pm

WOW! The same guy who keeps Liverpool from winning the EPL title, gives an assist to Titus fucking Bramble to practically bury Liverpool's title aspirations. I wonder if Stevie G still can do no wrong. Laugh

How about Fat Sam's football. FFS! He was never gonna score against Sven. They could've played until the end of their coaching careers, and Sven keeps a clean sheet for his Citeh! That was one of the easiest road wins I'VE EVER SEEN considering the 'relative strenghts' of player personnel. Sven buttfucked Fat dumbass again.

They started in their new teams in the Summer, Citeh were a mess, Sven building from scratch with a host of new foreign players, and look at Citeh now. Biggrin <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:05 pm

What a rubbish day. Newcastle lose then in the last minute Titus Bramble kicks me in the balls and mugs 8 FF points off me.

Puro wrote:
    How about Fat Sam's football. FFS! He was never gonna score against Sven. They could've played until the end of their coaching careers, and Sven keeps a clean sheet for his Citeh! That was one of the easiest road wins I'VE EVER SEEN considering the 'relative strenghts' of player personnel. Sven buttfucked Fat dumbass again.
    Shut the fu.ck up and watch the games Puro. Newcastle created plenty of chances. This wasn't a masterstroke from Sven ffs.
    GR
    GR

Number of posts : 655
    Supports : Liverpool FC
    Favourite Player : Momo Sissoko, King Kenny, Robbie Fowler, Ian Rush, Daniel Agger, Xabi Alonso, Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by GR Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:08 pm

We're never going to win the league if Rafa continues to treat league games as some sort of "tactical exercise".

Saying that, theres no excuses, we should have beaten that shower of shite regardless. ok
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:08 pm

I watched the game Kimbo bro! You know how sure I was of the cleansheet. I fucking transfered Hart to be my goalie for the Newcastle match! cheers
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Shocking result for Liverpool, I can see the 'Can Liverpool Challenge for the Title?' thread being popular tonight. Credit to Wigan, their first point against a 'big four' club, but not good enough from Liverpool.

Amazing stat.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Of all the people to equalise against a top 4 side. Very Happy

Will Liverpool have a fight on their hands for 4th place?

Last edited by on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:09 pm

Puro wrote:I watched the game Kimbo bro! You know how sure I was of the cleansheet. I fucking transfered Hart to be my goalie for the Newcastle match! cheers
    You must've watched it with your head up your arse, because Newcastle created plenty of chances - more than City did infact.
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:09 pm

COTR wrote:

OUT OF TITLE RACE

cheers scratch

children

I told you at the beginning of the season that Liverpool did not have a shot at the EPL title race as long as they had Benitez in charge

he got £40 million to spend and still could not do it

the title race was NOT lost today, old chap

it's now 100% certain that Benitez will get the sack at the end of the season, if not earlier

Get Christoph Daum, or Rehagel, and then swap Torres for Podolski and Pool will win the league

wahre G
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:11 pm

36-0tto wrote:
    COTR wrote:

OUT OF TITLE RACE

I told you at the beginning of the season that Liverpool did not have a shot at the EPL title race as long as they had Benitez in charge

How impressive. Rolling Eyes
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:11 pm

Puro wrote:I watched the game Kimbo bro! You know how sure I was of the cleansheet. I fucking transfered Hart to be my goalie for the Newcastle match! cheers
    ah c'mon. you transferred hart in because you knew of his proud Shrewsbury Town heritage and destiny as soon-to-be-best keeper in the premiership king
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:11 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    You must've watched it with your head up your arse, because Newcastle created plenty of chances - more than City did infact.

lol! You know Newcastle's really in the dumps when one their supporters calls that pile of shite 'creating plenty of chances'. lol!

FFS! Citeh barely broke a sweat in this road win. Biggrin <Ale>
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Jaime wrote:
    L r d wrote:We're into Rafa time, 3 minutes of it, will he last long in 08? Biggrin

Who will be sacked first -- Allardyce or Rafa?

Probably Sam, Newcastle can afford to sack their manager, Liverpool would need to take out a loan to do so Laugh
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:13 pm

I don't think there are any highlights programmes on tonight so I'll post highlights whenever I can find them.

Liverpool 1-1 Wigan
    Torres: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiG2Ezs4DjY
    Bramble: http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1655911
    Late Gerrard chance: http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1655913
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:13 pm

debaser wrote:
    ah c'mon. you transferred hart in because you knew of his proud Shrewsbury Town heritage and destiny as soon-to-be-best keeper in the premiership king

Ben Foster = (future) England no1
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 pm

From the bets thread:

Crouching Tiger bets 30 points that Liverpool will finish 2nd. Jonathan de guzman takes that bet

A bookie would pay out now.

Same goes for these bets

jonathan de guzman bets Arsenal will finish 3rd or above, Sgoater accepts. 70points.

jonathan de guzman bets Arsenal will finish 3rd or above, Parks lives accepts. 100 points.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:I don't think there are any highlights programmes on tonight so I'll post highlights whenever I can find them.

Bramble: http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1655911

What a strike! WERE YOU WATCHING CAPELLO!
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    36-0tto wrote:
    COTR wrote:

OUT OF TITLE RACE

How impressive. Rolling Eyes

well

children and some other Liverpool fans were laughing in my face

they really, really rated Benitez and proudly declared that he was virtually unsackable ; also seemed to believe I was mad for suggesting Liverpool should part with him at the end of last season

hindsight is a funny thing

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:16 pm

2008: De Guzman's year wrote:
    From the bets thread:

Crouching Tiger bets 30 points that Liverpool will finish 2nd. Jonathan de guzman takes that bet

A bookie would pay out now.

I will never surrender until it is mathematically impossible!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:57 am