Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
110%
Deano
The Easter Bunny
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Dwarf
shazlx
Parks lives
Pierre Littbarski
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
lrdsucksgoats
fcb
Kimbo
S4P
AcciDrenthe
L.r.d
Black Magic
Fey
Bashmachkin
Sir Les
Sheffield gunner
COTR
Glenarch of the Glen
Deluded F*ck™
debaser
christmasborocooper
Sgoater1
Luis
Machiavel
TM
Cesc Soler
35 posters

Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread

Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread

Post by Machiavel Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:00 pm

5 POINTS AND YOU FUCKED IT UP !

ONLY ONE STEVIE BRUCE !! cheers

Fabregas + Van Persies pathetic attempt to score made my day Ale
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread

Post by Parks lives Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:01 pm

Mexicanfey wrote:I'll save Wenger the trouble

The pitch is terrible, clubs have realised the only way stop us is to either kick us or prouduce a rubbishy pitch, there you go, done it for him.

Laughing

Very Happy

Just glad our game in hand is against Derby.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:03 pm

Raiphael wrote:5 POINTS AND YOU FUCKED IT UP !

ONLY ONE STEVIE BRUCE !! cheers

Fabregas + Van Persies pathetic attempt to score made my day Ale

cheers

Both times i thought RVP was going to score, but the ball ended up closer to the emirates than the jjb!

When Arsenal got a 5 point lead i knew it was time to call in the redbloods on vacation and Bruce proved he's still a redblood! Biggrin <Ale>
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:04 pm

Pathetic display from a team that seemed tired from the get go. Congratulations to Wigan for a superb performance and reading quickly that we were there for the taking. Hleb was piss poor and probably made his most incomplete passes throughout his career, he couldn\'t keep up with the Wigan players and is desperately in need of a rest, same applies to Gallas, Flamini, Adebayor and Fabregas.

On a positive note, Van Persie looked really sharp with his movement and passing. Hopefully he can take the pressure off Ade. <Ale>

Oh and Gilberto is past it, the quicker we can get this slug out of our midfield the better.

Last edited by Batigol! on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread - Page 5 Bruce4
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:10 pm

Batigol! wrote:Pathetic display from a team that seemed tired from the get go. Congratulations to Wigan for a superb performance and reading quickly that we were there for the taking. Hleb was piss poor and probably made his most incomplete passes throughout his career, he couldn\'t keep up with the Wigan players and is desperately in need of a rest, same applies to Gallas, Flamini, Adebayor and Fabregas.

On a positive note, Van Persie looked really sharp with his movement and passing. Hopefully he can take the pressure off Ade. <Ale>

Oh and Gilberto is past it, the quicker we can get this slug out of our midfield the better.

When the camera went to Van Persie and he was on the floor I thought ‘Jesus not again’ let’s hope for Arsenals sake he does not get another injury. Someone on here said you don’t have a large squad so it’s a question of will Wenger rest the players could be a gamble, maybe time for the likes of the members of the Carling Cup Crew to show their stuff.

6pts now dropped in your last 3 games.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:10 pm

4 weeks ago you'd give Bolton at home no chance against Arsenal in the title run in, now you almost expect them to take a point. If Boro weren't so dreadful they'd have a realistic chance of them not winning for 8 games in the league.

Last edited by Dwarf on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:11 pm

Batigol! wrote:Pathetic display from a team that seemed tired from the get go. Congratulations to Wigan for a superb performance and reading quickly that we were there for the taking. Hleb was piss poor and probably made his most incomplete passes throughout his career, he couldn\'t keep up with the Wigan players and is desperately in need of a rest, same applies to Gallas, Flamini, Adebayor and Fabregas.

The difference in quaity between RVP and the rest of the Arsenal players is so big its insane. The way he creates space in the box for himself is amazing, shame Cesc dont has that much football Intelligence as RVP and decided to go for his own luck..otherwise it would be 0-1.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:11 pm

Parks lives wrote:

The pitch is terrible, clubs have realised the only way stop us is to either kick us or prouduce a rubbishy pitch, there you go, done it for him.

Laughing

Very Happy

1 of ours is too. The other is Spurs away.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Laughing
    ok. I don't blame the team for this draw apart rom Gilberto. The pitch and ref killed us today.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Raiphael wrote:Time for the likes of the members of the Carling Cup Crew to show their stuff.
    They're injured Doh
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:21 pm

Why did Diarra have to be such a c*nt? We could have really used him in the last couple of games.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:22 pm

I can't agree with that Shazlx, the pitch was dreadful and obviously made life difficult, but the referee wasn't to blame. I personally didn't think Gilberto was too bad, but then I never expect much from him. Whether it was tiredness or whatever, we did not play well at all. Defence was mostly fine, but we offered very little going forward.

We desperately need players to return from injury and stay fit. We can't rotate our attacking midfield players when the likes of Rosicky, Diaby, Denilson and Walcott are all missing, and three of them have barely played in the last month.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:23 pm

shazlx wrote:
    Raiphael wrote:Time for the likes of the members of the Carling Cup Crew to show their stuff.
    They're injured Doh

Even Denilson? I thought at times Arsenal were lethargic in the final 3rd, don’t think the pitch was any problems sure it may have interrupted your teams rhythm (something Wenger would say)
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Raiphael wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    They're injured Doh

Even Denilson? I thought at times Arsenal were lethargic in the final 3rd, don’t think the pitch was any problems sure it may have interrupted your teams rhythm (something Wenger would say)

Yep even Denilson.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:26 pm

The pitch clearly was a problem. It was extremely difficult to pass the ball around on, bobbled constantly and was generally very slow. It was difficult for both sides to play at any pace on it. We should have been able to overcome it, and it was our inability to take our few good chances that cost us, but the pitch was a mess and it certainly didn't help the game.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Post by shazlx Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:I can't agree with that Shazlx, the pitch was dreadful and obviously made life difficult, but the referee wasn't to blame. I personally didn't think Gilberto was too bad, but then I never expect much from him. Whether it was tiredness or whatever, we did not play well at all. Defence was mostly fine, but we offered very little going forward.
    We had 3 easy chances to score if players made the right decisions. Of course not having a third AM taking pressure off Hleb and Cesc hurt us. We desperately need another wide player. If we win the PL this year it would probably be the most impressive considering the injuries and small squad. The invisibles had very little injuries.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Man U are clearly the more exciting and better team. I hope they win.

Being humbled by Arsenal in Europe will hopefully galavnize our league form. I think, however, that Arsenal have their fingers in too many pies, and given their lack of quality they may end up empty-handed.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:29 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Man U are clearly the more exciting and better team. I hope they win.

Being humbled by Arsenal in Europe will hopefully galavnize our league form. I think, however, that Arsenal have their fingers in too many pies, and given their lack of quality they may end up empty-handed.

<Ale> Biggrin
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:31 pm

If Chelsea win their next two games they go 2 points within Arsenal.

end of season

United
    Chelsea
    Arsenal

?
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:41 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Man U are clearly the more exciting and better squad, not starting 11. I hope they win.

Being humbled by Arsenal in Europe will hopefully galavnize our league form. I think, however, that Arsenal have their fingers in too many pies, and given their lack of quality in depth they may end up empty-handed.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Batigol! wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Man U are clearly the more exciting and better squad, not starting 11. I hope they win.

Being humbled by Arsenal in Europe will hopefully galavnize our league form. I think, however, that Arsenal have their fingers in too many pies, and given their lack of quality in depth they may end up empty-handed.

It’s a squad game, as you’ve pointed out could be the difference at the end of the season. Chelsea I dare say have this advantage over Arsenal ..
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Raiphael wrote:
    Batigol! wrote:

It’s a squad game, as you’ve pointed out could be the difference at the end of the season. Chelsea I dare say have this advantage over Arsenal ..

It's quite obvious, we have a far inferior bench to the one at yours and Chelsea's disposal.

The likes of Ade and Flamini can only go so far without any rest. For a club of this size it is shameful how much lack of quality is at our disposal once one of our Starting 11 is unavailable.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Batigol! wrote:
    Raiphael wrote:
    Batigol! wrote:

It's quite obvious, we have a far inferior bench to the one at yours and Chelsea's disposal.

The likes of Ade and Flamini can only go so far without any rest. For a club of this size it is shameful how much lack of quality is at our disposal once one of our Starting 11 is unavailable.

Fatigue hit Manchester United towards the end of last season, I am not for one second saying the same will happen to Arsenal, Wengers teams normally are fit and robust, but if injuries do creep in and the unexpected occurs players getting tired and in need of rest this could be sped up with commitments in Europe & the League. Arsenal still in pole position, thanks to the unpredictably of the game. Glad Manchester Uniteds game in hand is against Derby sunny Biggrin
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:01 pm

Parks lives wrote:

Laughing

Very Happy

Technically, it's against Bolton.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:06 pm

Batigol! wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:

Laughing

Very Happy

Technically, it's against Bolton.

Manchester United plays twice next matchweek. I can see two different midfields in the Derby & Bolton games. Two back-to-back wins will be handy; Wenger is disappointed and will fire up Arsenal.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Hmmm...I think United have a better starting XI also.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:A Curbishley side once they pass 40 points is akin to early season Derby, Spurs can afford to play Bent Darrent and still win comfortably.

Great call Glenda Smile

Berbatov >>> Torres
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Angry and disgusted...what I've had to put up with and watch for the last 3 matches is awful. There is no pace, creativity, goals...nothing, absolutely nothing. The defence without Upson and Gabbidon is a shambles...

Curbishley needs to f@ck off now, three 4-0 defeats in a row (today being against hated rivals). He seemed to want to win over our fans by playing the attacking football we want, but then went back to his old 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 ways in the last two months. Absolute c**t.

We've gone from having the 5th best defence in the league to being on a -4 in the space of 8 days! Really am pissed off to the maximum and I just hope he gets sacked, as I'm sick of hearing the same things and the same excuses every fucking match...when it's clear there are big problems that everyone can see apart from that useless twat!

The thing that done it for me is that our last two games had been pathetic. The only two who had played well were Noble and Cole. So Curbishley drops Noble and Cole for todays match. Noble who is West Ham to the core and hates Tottenham. Cole who scored against them earlier in the season and was MOTM.

I just hope Slaven Bilic ends up in charge. He wants the job, and will be available in the summer.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:03 pm

I Hate Tottenham wrote:I just hope Slaven Bilic ends up in charge. He wants the job, and will be available in the summer.

Avram Grant will be free in the summer. ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:37 pm