Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
110%
Deano
The Easter Bunny
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Dwarf
shazlx
Parks lives
Pierre Littbarski
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
lrdsucksgoats
fcb
Kimbo
S4P
AcciDrenthe
L.r.d
Black Magic
Fey
Bashmachkin
Sir Les
Sheffield gunner
COTR
Glenarch of the Glen
Deluded F*ck™
debaser
christmasborocooper
Sgoater1
Luis
Machiavel
TM
Cesc Soler
35 posters

Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread

Post by Parks lives Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:42 pm

Mexicanfey wrote:I'll save Wenger the trouble

The pitch is terrible, clubs have realised the only way stop us is to either kick us or prouduce a rubbishy pitch, there you go, done it for him.

Laughing

He said: “I don’t want to take anything away from Wigan’s performance, but frankly, the pitch was a disaster.“It is disrespectful for the fans who come and pay money to watch football on that.

“We prepared ourselves mentally to play on a difficult pitch and we still created the chances to win the game.

“The only excuse is that they have a rugby team that also plays on the pitch, unless the groundsman is sick, I don’t know.

“I said recently that the pitch at Old Trafford wasn’t the best, but compared to this, it is fantastic.”

cheers
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Premier League 8th-12th March Discussion Thread

Post by Di Caniooooo! Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:19 am

Curbishley Out wrote:Angry and disgusted...what I've had to put up with and watch for the last 3 matches is awful. There is no pace, creativity, goals...nothing, absolutely nothing. The defence without Upson and Gabbidon is a shambles...

Curbishley needs to f@ck off now, three 4-0 defeats in a row (today being against hated rivals). He seemed to want to win over our fans by playing the attacking football we want, but then went back to his old 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 ways in the last two months. Absolute c**t.

We've gone from having the 5th best defence in the league to being on a -4 in the space of 8 days! Really am pissed off to the maximum and I just hope he gets sacked, as I'm sick of hearing the same things and the same excuses every fucking match...when it's clear there are big problems that everyone can see apart from that useless twat!

The thing that done it for me is that our last two games had been pathetic. The only two who had played well were Noble and Cole. So Curbishley drops Noble and Cole for todays match. Noble who is West Ham to the core and hates Tottenham. Cole who scored against them earlier in the season and was MOTM.

I just hope Slaven Bilic ends up in charge. He wants the job, and will be available in the summer.
    I believe I'm what you could call, "clinically depressed" lol. I hope we sell Deano, he's awful, we could sell him and buy a couple good players for his worth.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:58 am

The pitch did disrupt Arsenal hugely, because their players just couldn't play a one touch game. Every time they got the ball, they had to take a touch, then pass. But once again, it covers up the fact that yet again after a European match Arsenal have looked lethargic and impotent for their weekend league match.

Wenger's comments are out of order though...it's understandable being frustrated, but if this wasn't a post-CL match I'm sure Arsenal would have found a way to win, esp. with their new (but still underused) avenue this year of a long ball to Adebayor. But Wenger's comments are stupid and probably worthy of a disrepute charge. Even in the Stamford Beach controversy of 2 seasons ago, I can't recall the manager Rijkaard making any comments about it.

Also saying something like "going from San Siro to Wigan is an anti-climax" is utterly disrespectful. Let the press make statements like that...it's up to you as a manager to ensure your players can get up for "anti-climactic" games like Wigan away, because these are also important for the league.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:02 am

kas wrote:

Wenger's comments are out of order though...it's understandable being frustrated, but if this wasn't a post-CL match I'm sure Arsenal would have found a way to win, esp. with their new (but still underused) avenue this year of a long ball to Adebayor. But a manager shouldn't be calling for things like "They should be banned from football" is stupid and probably worthy of a disrepute charge. Even in the Stamford Beach controversy of 2 seasons ago, I can't recall the manager Rijkaard making any comments about it.

What did Wenger say that was so out of order? He never said "They should be banned from Football."
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:03 am

shazlx wrote:
    Sheffield gunner wrote:I can't agree with that Shazlx, the pitch was dreadful and obviously made life difficult, but the referee wasn't to blame. I personally didn't think Gilberto was too bad, but then I never expect much from him. Whether it was tiredness or whatever, we did not play well at all. Defence was mostly fine, but we offered very little going forward.
    We had 3 easy chances to score if players made the right decisions. Of course not having a third AM taking pressure off Hleb and Cesc hurt us. We desperately need another wide player. If we win the PL this year it would probably be the most impressive considering the injuries and small squad. The invisibles had very little injuries.

Wink
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:04 am

Batigol! wrote:
    kas wrote:

Wenger's comments are out of order though...it's understandable being frustrated, but if this wasn't a post-CL match I'm sure Arsenal would have found a way to win, esp. with their new (but still underused) avenue this year of a long ball to Adebayor. But a manager shouldn't be calling for things like "They should be banned from football" is stupid and probably worthy of a disrepute charge. Even in the Stamford Beach controversy of 2 seasons ago, I can't recall the manager Rijkaard making any comments about it.

What did Wenger say that was so out of order? He never said "They should be banned from Football."

That was my mistake, I must have confused it with others' reactions I read about the match. I've edited it out of my post while you were replying.

But I mean in general that the overall tone of his comments was not appropriate, as it often tends to be after a poor result.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:07 am

kas wrote:
    Batigol! wrote:
    kas wrote:

That was my mistake, I must have confused it with others' reactions I read about the match. I've edited it out of my post while you were replying.

But I mean in general that the overall tone of his comments was not appropriate, as it often tends to be after a poor result.

ok

All he touched on was the state of the pitch which was a disgrace in truth. He also credited Wigan for their hard fought performance. Considering it is Wenger, I think he handled himself quite well. Wink
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:37 am

Parks lives wrote:
    Mexicanfey wrote:I'll save Wenger the trouble

The pitch is terrible, clubs have realised the only way stop us is to either kick us or prouduce a rubbishy pitch, there you go, done it for him.

Laughing

He said:

“I said recently that the pitch at Old Trafford wasn’t the best, but compared to this, it is fantastic.”

Cry Baby
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:47 am

Raiphael wrote:
    wrote: THE Football Association are to review Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's comments about referee Martin Atkinson after his side's 1-0 defeat to Portsmouth in the FA Cup on Saturday.
    Ferguson was also highly critical of referees general manager Keith Hackett for his apparent lack of action in dealing with underperforming officials.

"Managers get sacked because of things like that and he (Atkinson] is going to referee a game next week," said Ferguson after the quarter-final exit.

"I'm assessed as a manager, players are assessed, referees should be assessed properly by the right people. That performance should not be accepted by our game."

A spokesman for the FA said: "We are aware of the comments and will be giving them consideration."

Should any action be taken against Ferguson and he is found guilty he would be fined rather receive a touchline ban.

United were aggrieved that Atkinson failed to give a penalty for Sylvain Distin's challenge on Cristiano Ronaldo, but Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp said: "I didn't think it (the challenge by Distin on Ronaldo] was a penalty. I don't think we made a bad tackle during the game.

"There was only one bad tackle – and that was made by a Manchester United player (Wayne Rooney was booked for a lunge at Niko Kranjcar]. I thought he (the referee] got it bang on. If it was a penalty I would be the first to say 'we got away with that one'.

"I think Ronaldo pushed (the ball] too far and I didn't see anything wrong with the challenge.

"Our penalty (Tomasz Kuszczak bringing down Milan Baros] was a banker penalty."

Cry Baby

ok
    110%

Post by 110% Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:50 am

There seems to be discussion about this "stonewall" penalty incident for manu, and that's the thing, it is 50:50 whether it was a penalty or not, even though the manu fans and ferguson are ranting about it. For me cronaldo has kicked the ball too far in front and distin has gone shoulder to shoulder with him, so not a penalty. I have also seen them given. Maybe cronaldo has this reputation so he might be less likely to get them, but then that reputation is also cronaldo's fault, no-one elses.

Rooney should have been off for that "tackle" even if he didn't make contact. For me it is the same as if he would have tried to punch him but missed. He launched himself at the player, but just missed. So manu should have been playing with 10 men.

Also ferguson has always been the worst loser, and it permeates through the team, eg roy keane chasing the ref around or trying to break another player's leg, cronaldo's diving etc.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:08 pm

110% wrote:

Rooney should have been off for that "tackle" even if he didn't make contact. For me it is the same as if he would have tried to punch him but missed. He launched himself at the player, but just missed. So manu should have been playing with 10 men.

I hope you’re not accusing the referee of being incompetent.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:12 pm

As this is the Premier League thread, I think we should avoid any further discussion of Man U's abject failure in the FA Cup.
    110%

Post by 110% Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Raiphael wrote:
    110% wrote:

I hope you’re not accusing the referee of being incompetent.

referees make mistakes, like everyone else, but that was the biggest decision he got wrong (maybe he knew ferguson would go mental at him after the game), he also made lots of good decisions

but anyway it was hilarious for all the comments from manu management about fouling players like taylor, after rooney had done a much worse challenege than taylors and cronaldo had been obstructed if you were being generous to manu
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:12 pm

23 Carlo Cudicini
    20 Paulo Ferreira
    6 Ricardo Carvalho
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    13 Michael Ballack
    4 Claude Makelele
    8 Frank Lampard
    10 Joe Cole
    39 Nicolas Anelka
    21 Salomon Kalou

Subs: 40 Hilario, 33 Alex, 5 Michael Essien, 11 Didier Drogba, 7 Andriy Shevchenko.

--------------Cudicini
    Ferreira--Carvalho--Terry--A Cole
    -------------Makelele
    ----------Ballack--Lampard
    J Cole----------------------Kalou
    --------------Anelka

Another poor selection Rolling Eyes
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:25 pm

It's derby at home, I could suit up for Chelsea and they would still win...
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Portsmouth 2-0 Birmingham
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:57 pm

Portsmouth 2-1 Birmingham (only 9 minutes played!)
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC

Post by Cesc Soler Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Middlesbrough winning 1-0 (Downing) against Aston Villa.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:29 pm

Chelsea 1-0 Derby

Lampard (pen)
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Birmingham level (2-2) against Portsmouth after going two goals down within the first ten minutes.

Muamba & Larsson on the scoresheet.
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Post by Cesc Soler Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:46 pm

Chelsea now 2-0 up. Solomon Kalou on the scoresheet.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:49 pm

Hopefully we'll roll a few more in now. Derby's parking the bus was v. successful until the penalty.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:17 pm

Chelsea 3-0 Derby

Lampard
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:24 pm

Chelsea 4-0 Derby - Joe Cole Ale
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Lampard: 2nd best flat track bully in the world!
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Lampard hat-trick

5-0
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:27 pm

Lordanger wrote:Lampard: 2nd best flat track bully in the world!

Chairwee, Torres, Ronaldo... Wink
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Derby are a pile of wank....
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:28 pm

who is chairwee?
    im sure you know who i rate as the finest flat-track of them all!
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Lordanger wrote:who is chairwee.
    im sure you know who i rate as the finest flat-track of them all!

ok

Though in his defence, he has scored against Barca (twice), Bayern (3 times), Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Lazio. Some big clubs!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:59 pm