Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Romford Pele
Sgoater1
Parks lives
Chocolate Thunder
Hlebagone
Fade out
shazlx
Machiavel
Black Magic
The Pröfessör
TheCrazy58
Luis
Deluded F*ck™
Fey
Dwarf
Six
forza_rossi
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
L r dd
Tweesus
S4P
DS
Pierre Littbarski
EMP
bluenine
Kimbo
fcb
Di Caniooooo!
Glenarch of the Glen
Cesc Soler
35 posters

FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread

Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:He is really impressing me. Where is he from?

Born and raised in Slovakia but moved to Hungary when he was 15 and plays for their national team (18 Caps: 7 goals)

We signed him from Győri ETO FC in Hungary.

From Wiki

Priskin played for Ferenc Puskás XI against Real Madrid on 14 August 2005 in an unofficial match. He officially made his international debut for Hungary 17 August 2005 against Argentina at home. His greatest success with the national team came in late 2006 and early 2007, when he managed to score in five consecutive international games, a performance unseen in Hungary since the days of legendary players like Puskás or Ferenc Bene.

Still only 22 <Ale>
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread

Post by Tom Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:16 pm

kas wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:Dudu's goal will be universally recognised as the greatest goal anyone has ever scored ever and is a shoe-in for Goal Of The Season. Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent strike, but sentimentality and the fact that he's the only footballer ever to break his leg will ensure he gets the nod. ok

Isn't that what differentiates good goals from great ones? The circumstances of the goal - be it the stage of the match (World Cup, CL knockout stage, etc.), the timing of the goal (injury time winner), the personal circumstances of the individual (coming back from a long injury), etc.?

I'm no Arsenal fan, but that goal deserves all the praise it gets as a great goal. I don't even rate Eduardo that highly (at least not until he starts scoring goals regularly), but in that goal he showed flair and confidence to try that finish, and then technique/hand-eye co-ordination to pull it off. I can't remember all the good goals in England this season so won't call it "goal of the season" or anything, but it'll probably be well up there in any final list of top goals of the season.

He's not playing hockey or tennis, footballers don't need hands. That really has nothing to do with the brilliance of the finish. Silly Kas.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:18 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:Dudu's goal will be universally recognised as the greatest goal anyone has ever scored ever and is a shoe-in for Goal Of The Season. Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent strike, but sentimentality and the fact that he's the only footballer ever to break his leg will ensure he gets the nod. ok

Who were Spurs playing in a cup match this weekend? Laughing

Actually today's wasn't as spectacular as the one he scored vs Man City last season. Crap quality video but it'll have to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQ1tkxHLGE

I bow before your originality. Rolling Eyes

We went out to Manchester United at old trafford by a 2-1 scoreline, y'know the same place where you got battered 4-0 in last years competition & Michael Jackson circa 1982 made a mug out of several of your players ok

Don't worry though, "Arsenal Hype" tells me that you're certs to win the cup. & The CL. And the league. Everton will finish 2nd. Wenger said so. And because you beat Burnley by 3 goals at home. We did that as well, by the way, but you don't see me saying O'Hara > Cesc because of his performance that night Ale

Theo's moustache lol!

Cheap riposte to a cheap (and if I may say so, rather mean) comment, though I understand the stress you lot are under Wink

I want Mancs and Chavs to smash up each otherwith about three red cards each in the semis please.

Interesting stat that I've found.

I was under the impression that whilst we weren't the laughing stock/disaster that we'd become under Comolli/Ramos, we've still been very mediocre under Harry. Despite this, we've scored just 3 points less than you in the same 20-game span since Redknapp took over, and if you take out the 4-4 we had, then you've only scored 21 goals in 19 league games Yikes

Despite that, we are three points off top 4 and you are five points above the drop zone. ok

I'm not surprised about the stats under Redknapp. You've got a fundamentally flawed team and he hasn't completely addressed it - what was the idea of buying Chimbonda back and then not playing him exactly?

I didn't get it either.

Against 'Boro 'arry rested Corluka, left Chimbonda as an unused sub, and played Zokora @ RB. Then yesterday he does start Chmbonda... at LB, where has never been anything better than awful.

Is that how low you expectations have fallen? Has Wenger blinded you this easily? This time last year you were right in the title race! lol!

You have a fundamentally flawed team as well (as much as Wenger tries to spin things) and after Matchday 8, you were 2pts ahead of Villa & Man Utd & 8pts ahead of Everton.

I never expected anything more than mid-table this season with Bent Darren as our main striker, nor did I say we'd beat you to 4th in the 2 years before that, so you can't accuse me of delusions of Grandeur. Smiley

Easy. I was merely stating the facts, dear chap Wink And I have not accused you of delusions of grandeur - guilty Freudian slip there? Biggrin
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:22 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:

Totally undeserved and may i venture as far to say you're been a bit cuntish about this. Eduardo's goal has been overhypd but maybe, just maybe, its got something to do with him returning after an extremely long spell out.
    Also, no one at all has even made a remark like that. Its amazing what hype you'll find when you make it up. Rolling Eyes

So you agree with me then?

Any nice goal Djbril Cisse scores from now on (and don't laugh, he has scored a couple this year) I'm gonna hype. After all, he broke his leg twice.

Am i really being a c**t about it, or rather, do I find the whole way his return has been managed, as if it's Jesus' resurrection, just a bit irritating?

It was moore the parrt afterwards which i found a bit cuntish. Unnecessarily banging on about the arsenal hype machine even when no one had said anything of the sort.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:35 pm

Ballack wrote:
    kas wrote:

Isn't that what differentiates good goals from great ones? The circumstances of the goal - be it the stage of the match (World Cup, CL knockout stage, etc.), the timing of the goal (injury time winner), the personal circumstances of the individual (coming back from a long injury), etc.?

I'm no Arsenal fan, but that goal deserves all the praise it gets as a great goal. I don't even rate Eduardo that highly (at least not until he starts scoring goals regularly), but in that goal he showed flair and confidence to try that finish, and then technique/hand-eye co-ordination to pull it off. I can't remember all the good goals in England this season so won't call it "goal of the season" or anything, but it'll probably be well up there in any final list of top goals of the season.

He's not playing hockey or tennis, footballers don't need hands. That really has nothing to do with the brilliance of the finish. Silly Kas.
    Doh Belgium people
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:39 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:
    Ballack wrote:
    kas wrote:

Doh Belgium people

Illiterate people Doh
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Laughing
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:00 pm

kas wrote:
    I'm no Arsenal fan, but that goal deserves all the praise it gets as a great goal.

So you're effectively saying it's the best goal ever.

Hype. <Ale>
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Hlebagone wrote:
    The Easter Bunny wrote:
    Ballack wrote:
    kas wrote:

Doh Belgium people

Illiterate people Doh

Batman cheers
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:46 am

Kimbo wrote:
    kas wrote:
    I'm no Arsenal fan, but that goal deserves all the praise it gets as a great goal.

So you're effectively saying it's the best goal ever.

Hype. <Ale>

scratch

No, I'm saying it was a fantastic goal.

@Ballack: you know what I meant.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:50 pm

fulham lose their third home game in a row. Blackburn doing great under Allardyce
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 pm

Aye, great result for Bburn. 'frogged Ports and Newc. Hopefully they can get something vs Arsenal on Sat too.

Hull-Newcastle and Boro-Portsmouth are huge relegation games on the weekend.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:38 am

Looks like Fulham are running out of steam with all the extra Cup games they've had to play in recent weeks. They never change their team around so nobody has been rested much.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:21 am

Of the last 5 home games Fulham have, 4 are against top 6 opposition. Baring in mind they hardly ever score away from home and haven't won away from home this season they could well be drawn into the relegation zone if they aren't careful.
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:44 am

Yeah we're losing steam at the last minute. But one win is all we need to be safe really. And we have everton as our last game so I'm not worried too much. I can see us going back to basics and grinding out a few 0-0 just to ease the pressure. Its what happened at the start of the season when we had a losing streak.

Last night was a worry though. As the game wore on I could see our team wilt. Blackburn deserved to win on overall play. They wanted it more and had the stamina to press us the whole game. One thing that again annoyed me is our refusal to shoot from distance. I would've thought the lesson Man U gave us on saturday had gotten through, but no.

Warnock is such an underrated player. He was all over our midfield hassling and harrying. But he can play as well, at one point four fulham players converged on him and he held onto it dribbling out of trouble. He had three shots, two which required world-class saves from Schwarzer, and another which hit the inside of the post.

How he doesn't have more England caps is a joke. He provides far more attacking threat then any other left back in the league. He can actually put in a decent cross . And when was the last time Cashley or Bridge looked like scoring. He can also play in midfield as an understudy to Barry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:25 am