Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Romford Pele
Sgoater1
Parks lives
Chocolate Thunder
Hlebagone
Fade out
shazlx
Machiavel
Black Magic
The Pröfessör
TheCrazy58
Luis
Deluded F*ck™
Fey
Dwarf
Six
forza_rossi
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
L r dd
Tweesus
S4P
DS
Pierre Littbarski
EMP
bluenine
Kimbo
fcb
Di Caniooooo!
Glenarch of the Glen
Cesc Soler
35 posters

FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread

Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:09 pm

I went to The Emirates today.

If you ever get the chance to go I'd advise you to decline the invitation.

Pitch is great but its so soulless and you have to leave 10 mins before FT if you u want to get home on the same day.

Song was fantastic, Eboue's dribbling is good.

Eduardo's finish was lucky but will be called genius 'cos its Arsenal.

Arshavin will be a flop (based on more than today) - I knew, like many others, that as soon as Wenger paid big money for an experienced player it would be disastrous.

He doesn't strike the ball well, is small and not outstandingly fast.

Vela's finish was class.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread

Post by Kimbo Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Ade wrote:
    Rosicky wrote:Eduardo goal was effin amazing!

Just saw the goals now.

Lovely pass and excellent finish as were the other two goals Bubbly

http://www.allfootballgoals.com/games/arsenal/burnley/2705/4678

Is that it? It's good but it's nothing special. scratch
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:14 pm

But it's Eduardo, so it's meant to be special. Crazy
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:20 pm

2 quick goals for everton

2-1 now.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:20 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Ade wrote:
    Rosicky wrote:Eduardo goal was effin amazing!

Just saw the goals now.

Lovely pass and excellent finish as were the other two goals Bubbly

http://www.allfootballgoals.com/games/arsenal/burnley/2705/4678

Is that it? It's good but it's nothing special. scratch

yeah but you are never impressed dimbo.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:Dudu's goal will be universally recognised as the greatest goal anyone has ever scored ever and is a shoe-in for Goal Of The Season. Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent strike, but sentimentality and the fact that he's the only footballer ever to break his leg will ensure he gets the nod. ok

Who were Spurs playing in a cup match this weekend? Laughing

Actually today's wasn't as spectacular as the one he scored vs Man City last season. Crap quality video but it'll have to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQ1tkxHLGE
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:38 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:Dudu's goal will be universally recognised as the greatest goal anyone has ever scored ever and is a shoe-in for Goal Of The Season. Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent strike, but sentimentality and the fact that he's the only footballer ever to break his leg will ensure he gets the nod. ok

Actually today's wasn't as spectacular as the one he scored vs Man City last season. Crap quality video but it'll have to do.

I bow before your originality. Rolling Eyes

We went out to Manchester United at old trafford by a 2-1 scoreline, y'know the same place where you got battered 4-0 in last years competition & Michael Jackson circa 1982 made a mug out of several of your players ok

Don't worry though, "Arsenal Hype" tells me that you're certs to win the cup. & The CL. And the league. Everton will finish 2nd. Wenger said so. And because you beat Burnley by 3 goals at home. We did that as well, by the way, but you don't see me saying O'Hara > Cesc because of his performance that night Ale

Theo's moustache lol!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Don't understand how Boro can be comfortable in the first half and then play shite and let Everton have chance after chance in the second half. It's a game of two halves yet Boro think it's game over at half time. Sick of teams like that playing like this against Everton etc and then giving their all against Liverpool.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Luis wrote:Don't understand how Boro can be comfortable in the first half and then play shite and let Everton have chance after chance in the second half. It's a game of two halves yet Boro think it's game over at half time. Sick of teams like that playing like this against Everton etc and then giving their all against Liverpool.

Fergie said something similar in 1996 about teams trying harder against Man Utd - in fact I believe that it was that quote that cause Keegan to lose his rag.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:49 pm

It's just typical, at half time I knew Everton would come back and win comfortably. Just don't know why Boro can't keep up their first half performance, what does Southgate say at half time? can't be anything decent.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:54 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:

We went out to Manchester United at old trafford by a 2-1 scoreline, y'know the same place where you got battered 4-0 in last years competition & Michael Jackson circa 1982 made a mug out of several of your players ok

Don't worry though, "Arsenal Hype" tells me that you're certs to win the cup. & The CL. And the league. Everton will finish 2nd. Wenger said so. And because you beat Burnley by 3 goals at home. We did that as well, by the way, but you don't see me saying O'Hara > Cesc because of his performance that night Ale

Theo's moustache lol!

Totally undeserved and may i venture as far to say you're been a bit cuntish about this. Eduardo's goal has been overhypd but maybe, just maybe, its got something to do with him returning after an extremely long spell out.
    Also, no one at all has even made a remark like that. Its amazing what hype you'll find when you make it up. Rolling Eyes
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:54 pm

Seeing Eduardo's goal again it was deliberate but at the time it seemed to take an age to hit the net after leaving his foot so Ithought he'd sliced it.

It wasn't as good as Rasiak's goal v Charlton anyway.

Assuming Everton hold on and Arsenal beat Hull - what combination would you like ?

Man U v Chelsea

Arsenal v Everton
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Hlebagone wrote:

Totally undeserved and may i venture as far to say you're been a bit cuntish about this. Eduardo's goal has been overhypd but maybe, just maybe, its got something to do with him returning after an extremely long spell out.
    Also, no one at all has even made a remark like that. Its amazing what hype you'll find when you make it up. Rolling Eyes

So you agree with me then?

Any nice goal Djbril Cisse scores from now on (and don't laugh, he has scored a couple this year) I'm gonna hype. After all, he broke his leg twice.

Am i really being a c**t about it, or rather, do I find the whole way his return has been managed, as if it's Jesus' resurrection, just a bit irritating?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:15 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    Luis wrote:Don't understand how Boro can be comfortable in the first half and then play shite and let Everton have chance after chance in the second half. It's a game of two halves yet Boro think it's game over at half time. Sick of teams like that playing like this against Everton etc and then giving their all against Liverpool.

Fergie said something similar in 1996 about teams trying harder against Man Utd - in fact I believe that it was that quote that cause Keegan to lose his rag.

He was talking shit. ok
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:17 pm

I would like;

Arsenal/Hull vs. Man Utd
    Everton vs. Chelsea
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:19 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:

Theo's moustache lol!

Cheap riposte to a cheap (and if I may say so, rather mean) comment, though I understand the stress you lot are under Wink

I want Mancs and Chavs to smash up each otherwith about three red cards each in the semis please.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:30 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:

Theo's moustache lol!

Cheap riposte to a cheap (and if I may say so, rather mean) comment, though I understand the stress you lot are under Wink

I want Mancs and Chavs to smash up each otherwith about three red cards each in the semis please.

Interesting stat that I've found.

I was under the impression that whilst we weren't the laughing stock/disaster that we'd become under Comolli/Ramos, we've still been very mediocre under Harry. Despite this, we've scored just 3 points less than you in the same 20-game span since Redknapp took over, and if you take out the 4-4 we had, then you've only scored 21 goals in 19 league games Yikes

Man Utd have scored 51 out of 60 points in the same stretch, 13 more than anybody else No
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:37 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:

Theo's moustache lol!

I was under the impression that whilst we weren't the laughing stock/disaster that we'd become under Comolli/Ramos, we've still been very mediocre under Harry. Despite this, we've scored just 3 points less than you in the same 20-game span since Redknapp took over, and if you take out the 4-4 we had, then you've only scored 21 goals in 19 league games Yikes

Despite that, we are three points off top 4 and you are five points above the drop zone. ok

I'm not surprised about the stats under Redknapp. You've got a fundamentally flawed team and he hasn't completely addressed it - what was the idea of buying Chimbonda back and then not playing him exactly?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:49 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:

Theo's moustache lol!

Despite that, we are three points off top 4 and you are five points above the drop zone. ok

I'm not surprised about the stats under Redknapp. You've got a fundamentally flawed team and he hasn't completely addressed it - what was the idea of buying Chimbonda back and then not playing him exactly?

I didn't get it either.

Against 'Boro 'arry rested Corluka, left Chimbonda as an unused sub, and played Zokora @ RB. Then yesterday he does start Chmbonda... at LB, where has never been anything better than awful.

Is that how low you expectations have fallen? Has Wenger blinded you this easily? This time last year you were right in the title race! lol!

You have a fundamentally flawed team as well (as much as Wenger tries to spin things) and after Matchday 8, you were 2pts ahead of Villa & Man Utd & 8pts ahead of Everton.

I never expected anything more than mid-table this season with Bent Darren as our main striker, nor did I say we'd beat you to 4th in the 2 years before that, so you can't accuse me of delusions of Grandeur. Smiley

Last edited by The HuddFather™ on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Chelsea vs Arsenal/Hull

Man United vs Everton

Happy with that. Very Happy
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Parks lives wrote:Chelsea vs Arsenal/Hull

Man United vs Everton

Happy with that. Very Happy

Phil Neville o.g. in the 89th minute and a Saha missed pen, it will happen. Very Happy
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:53 pm

It's fixed that
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:55 pm

I thought that would be the draw. Would like to have had Everton, but a game against Chelsea could be entertaining (providing we get past Hull of course). If we beat Hull does it guarantee a UEFA cup spot for 7th place in the league?

I can't see Everton putting up much of a fight against Man Utd unfortunately.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Perfect draw really. Hopefully Saha will be injured by then
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Everton are a good team but we got the easiest draw.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:I thought that would be the draw. Would like to have had Everton, but a game against Chelsea could be entertaining (providing we get past Hull of course). If we beat Hull does it guarantee a UEFA cup spot for 7th place in the league?

I can't see Everton putting up much of a fight against Man Utd unfortunately.

Yep Very Happy if (and its a big if) we win the UEFA cup and finish 7th would 8th become a UEFA Cup spot???
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Seeing Eduardo's goal again it was deliberate but at the time it seemed to take an age to hit the net after leaving his foot so Ithought he'd sliced it.

Assuming Everton hold on and Arsenal beat Hull - what combination would you like ?

Man U v Chelsea

Arsenal v Everton

OMG Pierre. I saw that. Was an amazing finish!! Priskin looks ace too ok
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:Seeing Eduardo's goal again it was deliberate but at the time it seemed to take an age to hit the net after leaving his foot so Ithought he'd sliced it.

Man U v Chelsea

Arsenal v Everton

OMG Pierre. I saw that. Was an amazing finish!! Priskin looks ace too ok

Chelsea, Blackpool and now Charlton have been chipped/dinked/scooped/lofted/feathered by The Magnificent Magyar cheers
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:06 pm

Isn't that what differentiates good goals from great ones? The circumstances of the goal - be it the stage of the match (World Cup, CL knockout stage, etc.), the timing of the goal (injury time winner), the personal circumstances of the individual (coming back from a long injury), etc.?

I'm no Arsenal fan, but that goal deserves all the praise it gets as a great goal. I don't even rate Eduardo that highly (at least not until he starts scoring goals regularly), but in that goal he showed flair and confidence to try that finish, and then technique/hand-eye co-ordination to pull it off. I can't remember all the good goals in England this season so won't call it "goal of the season" or anything, but it'll probably be well up there in any final list of top goals of the season.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:07 pm

He is really impressing me. Where is he from?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:06 pm