Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Romford Pele
Sgoater1
Parks lives
Chocolate Thunder
Hlebagone
Fade out
shazlx
Machiavel
Black Magic
The Pröfessör
TheCrazy58
Luis
Deluded F*ck™
Fey
Dwarf
Six
forza_rossi
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
L r dd
Tweesus
S4P
DS
Pierre Littbarski
EMP
bluenine
Kimbo
fcb
Di Caniooooo!
Glenarch of the Glen
Cesc Soler
35 posters

FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread

TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:26 pm

A bit surprised we were starting with Vela and Eduardo upfront - thought Bentdner would suit Burnley more but I'm not complaining. We could do with Diaby coming forward a bit more, he's playing v deep.

There's a thunderstorm now in the part of North London I live - wonder if it would impact the second half kick off...
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403

FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup/Premier League 7th - 11th March Discussion Thread

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Eduardo makes it 2-0. Another good finish.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Eduardo, lovely backheel volley 2 - 0 cheers cheers
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:43 pm

what a goal by King(Capi) Eduardo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pass by Song(played a similar one earlier in the match) and fantastic finish by The King
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:46 pm

Now please don't concede! want us to go on another run of clean sheets.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:51 pm

VanP on for Vela.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Theo and Ramsey coming on - for Arshavin and Song/Eboue I would think.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Wrong. Diaby and Eduardo off instead - the latter didn't want to come off I think.

Last edited by TheCrazy58 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:09 pm

EDUARDO CORROCHIO!
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Eboue scores at last from a lovely backheel from Song Laugh cheers
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Eboue makes it 3-0, after a classy backheal from Song.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Three superb goals today. That dance was even worse than some of the Adebayor and Henry efforts though.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:20 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:That dance was even worse than some of the Adebayor and Henry efforts though.

You can’t say that, the Adebayor – Henry dances are legendary.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Full time, to the Arsenal, Full time, to the Arsenal, Full Time, To the Arsenal, Full Time, to the Arsenal. cheers
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:28 pm

MOTM was quite obviously Song. Such a lazy, careless, effortless demeanour ... but, what a skilful passer.

If he improves his positioning and concentration he can become a great CM.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:36 pm

what a great finish by silva
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:39 pm

A good performance. Burnley started strongly but we got on top after 5 minutes and bar the goalmouth scramble just before half time and McDonald hitting the bar deep in 2H, were very comfortable - Fabianski didn't make a save to speak of. I agree Song deserves the MoTM though Eduardo almost did it for me with his goal. Eboue and Gibbs had a good match too. Good to see Walcott back and though he was understandably rusty on the ball, his positional sense is already bang on the way he seamlessy fitted in with VanP shows.

With all due respect, it was a Championship team we were playing. Going forward there will be no matches where we will have a perceived advantage and there is no room for complacency.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:39 pm

Good performance and very good goals.

Arshavin isn't 100% yet but he's still created good amount of chances in each of the matches he's played so far. Our attacking play(which has sucked all season) is going to be very good with him and the returning duo of Cesc and Rosicky in the side in few weeks.

I hope we keep the Gallas-Djourou CB partnership till the end of the season. Yeah Toure looks to be returning to form but I believe Djourou is the way forward. He's composed, good in the air and athletic. He's got all the ingredients to become a top class CB.

Very happy with the clean sheet, hope we go on another run. This would have been our 8th consecutive clean sheets had it not been for that joke free-kick we conceded the other day.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:42 pm

shazlx wrote:MOTM was quite obviously Song. Such a lazy, careless, effortless demeanour ... but, what a skilful passer.

He's very similar to Gilberto Silva in that regard. Think it mostly due to their running style(& style of play) that they appear that way.
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:43 pm

shazlx wrote:MOTM was quite obviously Song. Such a lazy, careless, effortless demeanour ... but, what a skilful passer.

I called it first. ok
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:45 pm

Machiavel wrote:
    Sheffield gunner wrote:That dance was even worse than some of the Adebayor and Henry efforts though.

You can’t say that, the Adebayor – Henry dances are legendary.

I can't find it on youtube but the one with Adebayor and Eboue at the Emirates last season(?) is it ok
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:51 pm

The Professor wrote:Good performance and very good goals.

Arshavin isn't 100% yet but he's still created good amount of chances in each of the matches he's played so far. Our attacking play(which has sucked all season) is going to be very good with him and the returning duo of Cesc and Rosicky in the side in few weeks.

I hope we keep the Gallas-Djourou CB partnership till the end of the season. Yeah Toure looks to be returning to form but I believe Djourou is the way forward. He's composed, good in the air and athletic. He's got all the ingredients to become a top class CB.

I thought Arshavin had his quietest match so far - rather faded away in 2H. He can probably do with the rest during the week. But yes, when Cesc - and Walcott - are back, then there may be some great stuff coming our way.

Re Gallas-Djourou. I'm still not sure as I think Djourou is quite similar to Gallas. Besides what about the idea that Gallas may leave in the summer? Should we not be fostering Toure-Djourou partnership?
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:08 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:

Re Gallas-Djourou. I'm still not sure as I think Djourou is quite similar to Gallas.

Our CBs are all kinda similar in that they are all athletic and composed on the ball. But Djourou's ability to attack and win the ball in the air makes him different from the others.

TheCrazy58 wrote:Besides what about the idea that Gallas may leave in the summer?

He's said recently that he'll see out his contract which expires in 2011(I think). And I think we should also keep him. Yes he pissed off us all with his criticism of the team few months ago(was actually saying the truth mind u), but he's been very professional since he lost the captaincy and his performances have been very good. We should keep him coz he's our best CB and one of the best around.

TheCrazy58 wrote:Should we not be fostering Toure-Djourou partnership?

Good suggestion, but I'd rather Djourou-Gallas. I know Toure is a fan favourite but Gallas is the better CB IMO. So I'd always start him, and Djourou to partner him coz of his ability in the air.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:11 pm

When Gallas is bothered, there aren't many better. In my opinion. It's baffling to see Arsenal fans ready to see him leave. Oh his attitude isn't endearing. He better get some publicist.

Last edited by Unflinching Frenchman on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Eduardo Crazy
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:28 pm

Unbelievable goal from Eduardo. Impressive to see he already has the confidence to pull off such finishes even though he's just back from a long injury.

Vela's goal was class too, especially the movement to take it past the defender/s.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:36 pm

Song is looking like he could be a very good player. Annoyingly, not the type of player we need though.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Eduardo goal was effin amazing!
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:01 pm

Rosicky wrote:Eduardo goal was effin amazing!

Just saw the goals now.

Lovely pass and excellent finish as were the other two goals Bubbly

http://www.allfootballgoals.com/games/arsenal/burnley/2705/4678
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Dudu's goal will be universally recognised as the greatest goal anyone has ever scored ever and is a shoe-in for Goal Of The Season. Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent strike, but sentimentality and the fact that he's the only footballer ever to break his leg will ensure he gets the nod. ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:11 pm