Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
stinger
Tweesus
Isco Benny
Six
Aristoskank
L r dd
fcb
Khadrim
Black Magic
Sgoater1
Super Progress
Chocolate Thunder
Romford Pele
Batman
Pierre Littbarski
Rosicky
Kimbo
TM
Football Genius
Luis
Calidad
Glenarch of the Glen
christmasborocooper
COTR
DS
29 posters

Glen Johnson to a big 4 ?

Poll

Is he worth it ?

[ 7 ]
    Glen Johnson to a big 4 ? - Page 5 Bar_left33%Glen Johnson to a big 4 ? - Page 5 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Glen Johnson to a big 4 ? - Page 5 Bar_left43%Glen Johnson to a big 4 ? - Page 5 Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Glen Johnson to a big 4 ? - Page 5 Bar_left24%Glen Johnson to a big 4 ? - Page 5 Bar_right [24%] 

Total Votes: 21
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Glen Johnson to a big 4 ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Glen Johnson to a big 4 ?

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Luis wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    Luis wrote:I don't really understand people's arguments here. Everyone is saying he is too much money but no one can come up with Premier league right backs that are better than him besides Bosingwa..

There's a dearth of decent right backs at present but I'd rather Sagna and by the looks of his potential; Rafael.

Hell, I'd probably even prefer Arbeloa over him! He's still a liability defensively, which is why he FAILED at Chelsea

lol! What a ridiculous post.

You'd have 19 year old unproven Rafael over established, first choice England right back who is only 24? what a load of shit Tweedle, even for you.

If he FAILED at Chelsea why did they come crawling back offering almost 3 times what they payed for him the first time. Doh

You think he didnt fail at Chelsea?
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Don't even understand why Johnson would go to Chelsea anyway when he would be back up to Bosingwa.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Ray Parlour wrote:
    Luis wrote:Sagna is hardly that much better than Johnson if at all. Yet he's linked with a 20 mil move to Madrid. You guys are such hypocrites.

Much much better defensively than Johnson. I'm a hypocrite because he's linked with a mood to Madrid? Make sense please.

He's implying that if Sagna is worth £20m, Johnson is worth £19m.

I think its safe to say that Madrid are chronically overpaying for players at the moment though.

Who isn't?

We overpaid because Man City and Chelsea were sniffing around. They will hike the prices up for all the rest of the big teams and so will Real Madrid. Look how much Munich are asking for Ribery now after seeing how much Kaka and Ronaldo went for.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:20 pm

borocooper wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    Luis wrote:I don't really understand people's arguments here. Everyone is saying he is too much money but no one can come up with Premier league right backs that are better than him besides Bosingwa..

There's a dearth of decent right backs at present but I'd rather Sagna and by the looks of his potential; Rafael.

Hell, I'd probably even prefer Arbeloa over him! He's still a liability defensively, which is why he FAILED at Chelsea

lol! What a ridiculous post.

You'd have 19 year old unproven Rafael over established, first choice England right back who is only 24? what a load of shit Tweedle, even for you.

If he FAILED at Chelsea why did they come crawling back offering almost 3 times what they payed for him the first time. Doh

You think he didnt fail at Chelsea?

Regardless of whether he failed or not, they came back and were willing to fork out 17-18 million on him which shows he's improved a hell of a lot since then.

You're all clutching at straws. Mind you, after the Torres predictions I shouldn't really listen to anything you have to say anymore!
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:20 pm

The worst one is Inter for Ibra.

90 million euros Razz
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:23 pm

@ Luis

Yes, I would take Rafael over Johnson. He has the potential to be top class - Johnson doesn't.

You have Arbeloa anyway, who is a more than decent right back. Its clear to everyone that the position you needed strengthening was up front! Its not as though you've been conceding shedloads of goals. Your downfalls this season where because of penetration in the final third.

RAFA HAS FUCKED UP. Ale
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Like he fucked up with Torres.

Wenger has fucked up for the past 5 years ffs. Can't you gunners see he's past it!?
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:24 pm

£17mill would of got you a Arshavin.

Think about it and have a great day

Ale
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Tweedle wrote:@ Luis

Yes, I would take Rafael over Johnson. He has the potential to be top class - Johnson doesn't.

You have Arbeloa anyway, who is a more than decent right back. Its clear to everyone that the position you needed strengthening was up front! Its not as though you've been conceding shedloads of goals. Your downfalls this season where because of penetration in the final third.

RAFA HAS FUCKED UP. Ale

You kinda answer yourself here. Johnson is better going forward than Arbeloa, so he will help us score more against teams who park the bus. In those kind of games he wont be troubled defensively anyway.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:27 pm