Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Axeslammer
Fey
Cesc Soler
EM Seleção e Selecção
The Easter Bunny
Fade out
Puro
Rosicky.
Di Caniooooo!
TheCrazy58
Chocolate Thunder
COTR
Chris 23*
EMP
Deluded F*ck™
Tom
Luis
110%
Sheffield gunner
BoBo Vieri 32
Glenarch of the Glen
Allez les rouges
Tweesus
christmasborocooper
stinger
Super Progress
Isco Benny
Six
Aristoskank
fcb
debaser
Kimbo
Brian2468
Kroos
Romford Pele
Black Magic
Pierre Littbarski
Khadrim
L r dd
43 posters

England squad

Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

England squad - Page 20 Empty Re: England squad

Post by Tweesus Mon May 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Kimbo wrote:

I don't think you really get it lerd, this is our squad, we can't just magic quality back up players out of thin air.

We should have just stole Cesc at 16 and locked him in a cage until his 21st birthday. Then forced him to apply for duel nationality and play for the England team ok

Its not like Spain need him anyway.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon May 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Tweesus wrote:
    debaser wrote:
    Tweesus wrote:
    Kimbo wrote: Carragher is actually starting to look quite appealing as the 4th CB. Erm

I know!

We've been spoilt a bit in the past - 5 or so years ago we had Ferdinand, Woodgate, Campbell, Carragher, King AND Terry to choose from - and they were all at their peak!

Point taken, but I'm not convinced there was ever a time we had all of them fit and available!

Euro 2004? Not sure on Woody's fitness then mind. It would make a good quiz question Wink

There's a generation gap for sure though - who's in the next generation? Mancienne? Rodwell? Smalling? Taylor?

Rodwell looks a class act but he's still not trusted at centre back by Moyes - so how long until he's considered good enough for a Europa league quality side?

Add Shawcross to that! I've never seen Rodwell play at centre back, surely he's a better defensive midfielder?
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Mon May 24, 2010 2:57 pm

Yeah there's not many in their early/mid 20s. People like Richards, C.Davies have not really come on as was hoped.

There's no-one much playing in a top half side in that age group (that I can think of).
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon May 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Luis wrote:Add Shawcross to that! I've never seen Rodwell play at centre back, surely he's a better defensive midfielder?

Well apparently the plan is to shift him back to defence ones he's bulked up a bit and become more tactically aware.

I can't recall him having played centre back yet, but I've read numerous times that centre back is considered to be his more natural position.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Mon May 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Be surprised if he starts a whole bunch of different players at the same time. How will he find out if they link up with say Gerrard and Rooney. King we all know will fit in, Milner is a different story Capello at least has to see if he can look comfortable in the center. As for formations looks like he will use them well without the players feeling lost.
    Wingers need to be tried out we could see many changes there during the game.

Using King in a four man middle is dangerous why screw his legs up faster with more milage in the middle, 5 man middle maybe but it still is a risky undertaking considering he could be required at CB
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon May 24, 2010 4:01 pm

We're looking at at least 5 changes from normal side with Hart in goal and Barry and the Chelsea players out. Probably more like 6/7, with maybe only Gerrard, Rooney, Ferdinand, G.Johnson remaining.

--

Wonder if anyone will break themselves on the lovely Wembley pitch Erm

Expect serious backlash against FA if the worst happens..
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Mon May 24, 2010 4:03 pm

I think the players more secure of their spots will not take their chances with the pitch. Any of the fringe players getting injured would be pretty gutting for them I guess.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon May 24, 2010 4:09 pm

It's kinda ridiculous playing a warm-up match on a pitch where there's serious worry beforehand about whether players can come out un-injured.

Emirates has a lovely pitch from what I've seen. I guess it would've lost too much face for the FA to switch it from Wembley Rolling Eyes
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm excited cheers

Going to watch the game and then the last two eps of Lost.
    Six
    Six

Post by Six Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Apart from boycotting the concerts at Wembley there's not a lot we can do about this (and how many football fans listen to Girls Aloud or whoever anyway). Profit > Everything else.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm

They need to fuck those concerts off, it's a football ground and the pitch is a total shambles.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon May 24, 2010 5:56 pm

ok

Hopefully when the Olympics are finished they'll do some deal to use that stadium instead.

I've been to a concert at Wembley and its not even that good! Because its open air I think they have noise restrictions.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Mon May 24, 2010 5:59 pm

They need the money, it's a £1bn stadium. They will host a monster truck rally the day before a game if they're offered enough.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Mon May 24, 2010 6:11 pm

We should get some money together and make that happen.
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 pm

could be looked at as 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 diamond going to be strange watching this game in England....Ale
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Wed May 26, 2010 11:29 am

The media who are banging on about Barry being our savour and we need a holding midfielder has everyone overly concerned. Before he got his chance for England like many here I wanted him in England side. His real strength is his left foot in the system and holds better than Carrick and Milner. This concern is blown over the top for one main reason Capello has both his center mids play a lot closer in this system the gap defense midfield and attack being shorter changes everything we have seen lately. Lampard and Barry both played the same way both pressuring close and moving the ball fast up to Heskey, Gerrard, Wallcott, Rooney this is proven swap Lennon for Wallcott you have a tight middle with four fast one touch ball releases to go to from the CM's

Crouch scored and played well in front of goal and did his job as a forward. For Capello good news he showed alternative's in scoring it also lost our middle the game If Heskey played his roll you bet your boots Capello would of played Carrick and Milner differently.

What then was Capello's exercise my guess is how the fringe players looked not so much formations. How the players carried themselves with there instructions from the boss.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu May 27, 2010 10:48 am

Someone just sent me this Laughing

England squad - Page 20 7976d1088175589-penalty-slow-motion-becks
    Six
    Six

Post by Six Thu May 27, 2010 11:08 am

6 years late, really on the cutting edge aren't you Kas!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:08 am