Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+56
Matt_AFC
Rosicky
Stiftung Haeschentest
Cheb Hamouda
Sgoater1
Chocolate Thunder
Ä
Fey
Indie
Hlebagone
Isco Benny
EMP
Super Progress
Ricardo Jol
Tom
COTR
TheCrazy58
forza_rossi
Di Caniooooo!
Sheffield gunner
rosenthal
shazlx
Lordanger
SuperMario
Rasiak-9-
UK_Andy
Cesc Soler
BoBo Vieri 32
stinger
S4P
Allez les rouges
Luis
Romford Pele
Bashmachkin
110%
Puro
Rasiak-9
bluenine
Axeslammer
fcb
Tweesus
Deluded F*ck™
Glenarch of the Glen
christmasborocooper
Pierre Littbarski
Khadrim
Brian2468
Murray
Aristoskank
Six
Kroos
Jaime
Kimbo
L r dd
Chris 23*
debaser
60 posters

The Next England Squad

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The Next England Squad - Page 17 Empty Re: The Next England Squad

Post by Kroos Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:44 pm

the spanish players in best footballing age

where most german players not, the future is OURS

i dont think england should really dream of spain level, especially of xavi or iniesta, there is a long way to go, you should learn from germany, german and england have more in common in football

when xavi is retired spain wont be the same side again, germany dont rely on one player, we always perform

Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Actually agree with Kroos here. We'll never match the Spanish in terms of the technical ability of our players, but we should aim to match Germany.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Noah and the Bale wrote:Ancelotti has been bigging up Josh McEachran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8024951/Josh-McEachran-ready-for-the-big-time-at-Chelsea-says-Carlo-Ancelotti.html

Seen his performances for England's European u17 Championship team - looks very decent prospect

Yes, he got all the hype from our match in which Shane Ferguson was MOTM. That's the London media for you. <Ale>
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:52 pm

agree, when you look at your other positions the AM position is really a lesser problem

but to hang on gerrard in a tournament would make me worry

i think the AM positions different in germany and england

for germany that means

- vision
    - passing
    - intelligent movement off the ball

gerrard cant competete in that areas with the best in the world
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Forget about Gerrard, i thought this was about the young players coming through.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Hlebagone wrote:
    Kroos wrote:england may have AM, but none really that has vision and passing that brings your team into another level like özil is doing it for germany

i am not saying holtby could have done that , but who knows, he has become 20 years old this year, many time to proof himself Smile

but i agree, the england team is full of construction zones

None of our attacking AMs are as good as Ozil no, but Gerrard is still, often, a very good player. Wilshere looks to be very gifted - time will tell, as does McEachran. So its not a problem area as such.

Whereas:

Targetman: No one, apart from Andy Carrol who may end up being average or rubbish. Apart from that absolutely no one.

DM: Gareth Barry - getting older and varies between neat and completely useless. After that - theres Parker - average and also old, Cattermole - thug and Huddlestone - Milkfloat and not really what I think we need in my hypothetical all England team.

RB: Johnson. And that is actually it. Micah Richards, but he has the disadvantage of being shit.

AM looks pretty healthy now really.

Targetman: Connor Wickham is very highly rated. Far too early to tell, but Roy Keane has played with some good players in his time at United, and sings the kid's praises to the heavens.

DM: agreed, we need a ball playing DM like Huddlestone with the aggression and mobility of Scott Parker. Right now we have one but not t'other.

RB: really struggling here. Major issue for England currently, as after Johnson there is practically nobody. Richards was very promising, but has since turned into a c**t lacking ambition at Man City (those comments that Steve Ireland were saying about Man City's young players suggests their is a culture for this at Eastlands)

Germany have shown good forward thinking in investing in youth and players like Ozil are bearing fruition, but they're actually doing little else but following the model the Spanish were the first to really implement over a decade ago. So I'm actually getting bored with hearing the poster Ozil pushing Germany as some sort of world dominant force that England need to look up to - frankly both Germany and England should be looking up to Spain if we're going to start imposing some kind of hierarchy

Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:58 pm

----Wilshere----XXXXX------

Lennon/Walcott/Young---Gerrard----Johnson

--------------Rooney---------------------

Surely that's enough change?
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Kroos wrote:the spanish players in best footballing age

i dont think england should really dream of spain level, especially of xavi or iniesta, there is a long way to go, you should learn from germany, german and england have more in common in football

when xavi is retired spain wont be the same side again
    , germany dont rely on one player, we always perform

What complete and utter codswallop Doh

The Spanish U21 side is made up of practically - to a man - first teamers all plying their trade in La Liga.

By the time Xavi retires, they'll still have Fabregas and Iniesta to call upon, with the likes of Canales and Pacheco waiting in the wings.

Look, let's be serious now - Germany are a good side, the young players coming through have significantly improved upon the ones who were there between 1998-2004, the Bundesliga has done well investing in youth, and England - whilst not as lacking in talent as a lot of doom mongerers will have you believe - could and should take steps to follow a similar model in the Premier League.

BUT, don't kid yourself - you're not the only country producing good youngsters

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:26 pm

RB: Onouha, maybe? Although I think Sunderland are playing him LB.

DM: time to start considering Muamba? pale He is only 22, but has played a lot of matches for his age. I am far from sure on this suggestion, but Cattermole is definitely out until he gets a brain, THudd would be okay against some but not others and we need to be looking longer-term than Parker, who's older than Barry.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Maybe Rodwell will be awesome. That would be nice. We've got Eastmond in the youth ranks but I havent quite worked out what he does yet.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Maybe Delph is a future possibility too, when he gets back from injury..
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:44 pm

I think there is a future generation coming through, but it doesnt really feel like a nice handover. Rather a scraping of the barrels and keeping fingers crossed.

Still, cant be any worse than the last lot.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Noah and the Bale wrote:

The Spanish U21 side is made up of practically - to a man - first teamers all plying their trade in La Liga.

By the time Xavi retires, they'll still have Fabregas and Iniesta to call upon, with the likes of Canales and Pacheco waiting in the wings.

Look, let's be serious now - Germany are a good side, the young players coming through have significantly improved upon the ones who were there between 1998-2004, the Bundesliga has done well investing in youth, and England - whilst not as lacking in talent as a lot of doom mongerers will have you believe - could and should take steps to follow a similar model in the Premier League.

true other nations also have talent, but when i look at the top 6 clubs in england, nothing has changed in terms of talent playing in the starting 11, and you can only get better when you play

havent seen an english talent constantly good playing in CL, Europa league, WC or EC

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Kroos wrote:

true other nations also have talent, but when i look at the top 6 clubs in england, nothing has changed in terms of talent playing in the starting 11, and you can only get better when you play

havent seen an english talent constantly good playing in CL, Europa league, WC or EC

You probably will this season with Wilshere

England have plenty of good young players at the minute. The only real problem position for the future looks like being up front but Rooney is young enough to cover that for a long long time.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Kroos wrote:
    Noah and the Bale wrote:

true other nations also have talent, but when i look at the top 5 clubs in england, nothing has changed in terms of talent playing in the starting 11, and you can only get better when you play

scratch

Err, you what? Are you saying you haven't seen an English player play well in the CL / Europa league AND the World Cup AND the European Championship?

If so, I'd be interested to know what German players have managed this, and what on Earth this has got to do with young talents coming through.

Klose/Podolski - have done it at World Cups, but neither has done it at CL or Europe League
    Ozil - has done quite well at the World Cup, in the Europa League for Bremen, but has not proved himself at CL, and yet to play at a EC

Schweinsteiger has probably ticked all the boxes for these.

Rooney has also, other than at a World Cup.

But then what exactly is this a measure of? Young players? Really?

Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:41 pm

i just wanna point out that in the top6 teams only tottenham gives the english youth a chance, the probelm of england is not the lack of talent, its the lack of support to play 1st team football

and germanys 2010 youth had a lot of experience before the WC started

müller played all cl games
    özil played an europa league final and u21 tournament
    poldi is a phenomen (it was his 5th big tournament)

debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Podolski is no longer youth, he's been around for eons!

But I do agree with your point about not enough English youngsters getting a chance at top 4 the last few years. Spurs being in CL is good in that respect. But hopefully there is some sign of change with Arsenal now playing Wilshere, Gibbs, Walcott & Chelsea starting to play McEachran, Sturridge. Liverpool (though not in CL) are also showing signs of bringing through some youngsters like Kelly, Spearing.

More positive than it has been in the last few years where you couldn't find any English youngsters at Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and all Utd had was Rooney.

Also if City make CL they have A.Johnson, Milner, Hart.

ps. Villa are one of the top 6 and have been as good as Spurs at playing English youth the last few yrs. Just we have a bad habit of going out of Europe early Sad
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:22 pm

its a little step, but hardly convincing

dont think that struddige, spearing or kelly will make an huge impact this season, the last two hardly make the squad list

and against anelka and drogba struddige can only fail

in walcott i lost all my faith^^
    this chelsea boy is only 17, i keep watching him

gibbs and wilshire, both are now 21 or something, its finally time to get some footy every week, otherwise they loose really something, other players in there age will be in front in terms of confidence, winning spirit and field competition, germany learned this lesson

i think for young players its only good to be in top teams when they play, if not they should change the club for 1st team footy, but i think the english players are to lazy for this

oh sry i rated you as number 7, i think a team that looses 2 times against rapid vienna needs a punishment Wink

Last edited by Kroos on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Wilshere's 18 ffs!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:25 pm

debaser wrote:Wilshere's 18 ffs!

oh ok
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Kroos wrote:i think for young players its only good to be in top teams when they play, if not they should change the club for 1st team footy, but i think the english players are to lazy for this

Not sure about the lazy comment. There's maybe the odd player who's stuck around at a top 4 club too long when not playing (e.g. Carlton Cole), but even arch-lazy types like Glen Johnson went from Chelsea to Portsmouth to get regular football and earned a move back to a big club as a result. Not great players but keepers Carson & Foster left Liverpool & Utd to become first choice elsewhere, Upson started at Arsenal but left to get football, Gary Cahill's just broke into England squad - he left Villa for Bolton to get games.

Who are you thinking of when you say this?

---

Now if you were to say some young English players would be better off trying to play for a CL club abroad than staying at lower league club in England, I would agree. There are definitely not enough willing to try that. Derbyshire a rare recent example and he's already back..
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:36 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6401825,00.html

FUCK!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Hlebagone wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6401825,00.html

FUCK!

nooooooooooooooooooooooo that's another one ruined
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Young midfielder aims to score more goals: DISASTER Crazy
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Debbie makes sarcastic comment: SHOCK.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 pm

I don't think it's actually all that shocking. I seem to remember making a sarcastic comment once before.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm

I guess making a sarcastic comment about someone being sarcastic may have been hypocritical.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Can you guys be more sarcastic Rolling Eyes
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:54 pm

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:Can you guys be more sarcastic Rolling Eyes

No. Of course we can't Rolling Eyes
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 pm

debaser wrote:
    Kroos wrote:i think for young players its only good to be in top teams when they play, if not they should change the club for 1st team footy, but i think the english players are to lazy for this

Not sure about the lazy comment. There's maybe the odd player who's stuck around at a top 4 club too long when not playing (e.g. Carlton Cole), but even arch-lazy types like Glen Johnson went from Chelsea to Portsmouth to get regular football and earned a move back to a big club as a result. Not great players but keepers Carson & Foster left Liverpool & Utd to become first choice elsewhere, Upson started at Arsenal but left to get football, Gary Cahill's just broke into England squad - he left Villa for Bolton to get games.

Who are you thinking of when you say this?

---

Now if you were to say some young English players would be better off trying to play for a CL club abroad than staying at lower league club in England, I would agree. There are definitely not enough willing to try that. Derbyshire a rare recent example and he's already back..

was just a little wind uup, but on walcott i would say he is lazy and happy that he is sitting on the bench, because hes in a top club

i think when the older generation dies out, and with the new uefa rules the talents will get his chances, you can see it, english clubs barely buy new superstars

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:34 pm