Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Effenberg
d gorgeous one haz spoken
blutgraetsche
DD
Machiavel
DS
Fey
Axeslammer
Ricardo Jol
13 posters

VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach!

DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach! - Page 3 Empty Re: VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach!

Post by DD Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:58 am

rai Mihawk wrote:@ DD

If Van Bommel's and Ruud's snubbing would cost them in the end, none of us have got a crystal ball, but the odds are massively in their favour. First of it didn't have to come to this, and its the manager's fault. They aren't not crap, like San Marco and pops Cruijff are trying to convince people. Blaming those two for our WC exit (!) is very lame. And just look at what Van Basten brings into our team (instead), dire utility players who are rightfully benched at their own clubs - who've failed on each and every chance they get in Oranje. Who are in fact more to blame for us underachieving in the past 6 months.

I'm not having a dig at you, but can you expand on this .. Huntelaar has 'come' in for RVN? and he is no utility player who is 'benched' at his club .. etc
    You know its not him, and I said as much in the final paragraghof the post you quoted.

In afct, I want him as our first striker, and Ruud as our back-up, or in some kind of rotating system where albino gets two games and Ruud one. Huntelaar is still young, and has to be eased into his international role and expectations (how many times has he even played quality international opponents in his life? Only really against Inter!). If all is on his shoulders like it is right now with the exclution of Ruud, he will get frustrated at some point. Gee, doesn't that sound a lot like the situation right now!?

The kid needs to be eased in, for maximum confidence and learning curve. It will only help him - just like we rarely drop someone in the deep end (EPL, la Liga) after one good season in the Eredivisie. Not refering to Huntelaar with the last comment.
    DD
    DD

VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach! - Page 3 Empty Re: VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach!

Post by DD Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:14 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:We criticise players like Wesley Sneijder and don't give him a chance (maybe its San Marcos fault for not playing him in his favoured position..)

Maybe the only solution is for San Marco to step down .. i can see him succeeding at club level...
    Its not Wesley Sneijder - when he drops the arrogant chip on his shoulder, and contributes with great passes,and isn't too lazy, I quite like him. He's also a decent deputy for VDV. He needs to played to his strengths though, and that is not as a DM. And neither with his back to the goal. I want him to contribute with cutting passes, great crosses, and the odd far away shot - all he needs do with his face to the goal.

Jokes aside, he is a good prospect, but he also must be willing to develop.
    I don't particularly object to him playing. He should be selected. But FFS, either train the set pieces or let someone else do it. Until he gets consistancy (positive consistancy that is Wink ) I'm for someone else taking them.

Even Babel I don't necessarily object to (much rather have Makaay), but only as the VERY last striker in line. However, Babelinho is not starting material.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:20 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:DD, I'm actually agreeing with you on this. I can fully understand Van Bommel's and Ruud's decision. The way they were treated by "San Marco" was very poor, so it's an admirable step by them indeed, and rather uncommon these days with all those spineless "professionals" around.
    And like I said repeatedly, both still could help Oranje, as could players like Davids, for example.

But do you really think that the Dutch public will be so forgiving, and more importantly, so insightful and well informed like you and other members on this board are? I'm rather sceptical on this. People tend to forget the difficulties once their team is successful. And remember how the "generation of losers" (Seedorf and co.) was treated by the public afterwards.
    Some narrow minded people might see them as 'traitors' even.
    I quite like that generation - it was indeed one hell of a golden generation. Where are we going to find another Bergkamp for example? They give me some of the most exciting football I've seen. And in hindsight, a lot of them were underrated too.
    But they blew it when they all hit their absolute peaks (WC2002). I'll never remember them as losers though, perhaps only Kluivert.

There are a couple of people who think of them as losers, but wait till they see this campaign and how we crash and burn during the EC08.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:13 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    But do you really think that the Dutch public will be so forgiving, and more importantly, so insightful and well informed like you and other members on this board are? I'm rather sceptical on this. People tend to forget the difficulties once their team is successful. And remember how the "generation of losers" (Seedorf and co.) was treated by the public afterwards.
    Some narrow minded people might see them as 'traitors' even.

As usual DD summed it up perfectly.

A few notes : Seedorf can't be judged as part of a generation, he has a "status aparte" considering Oranje.
    Whilst most Dutchies laud and applaud him at clublevel, 80% of us *never* want to see him in Orange *ever* again.

Too much has happened to forgive Clarence.

Van Nistelrooy and Van Bommel are in a different position, they got snubbed destroyed by the manager who's made very obvious mistakes, yet gives himself a good grade and sacrifices two players who were no worse than the rest (even better than a few others) but distinguish themselves in two ways : they have no Ajax background and they don't shy away from a discussion (as is the Dutch way).

The way Van Basten benched Ruud at the WC was a fine example how *not* to do it (in a press conference without informing the player first), the character-assassinations of Van Bommel and Van Nistelrooy after the WC are two of the most stupid and heinous acts I've *ever* witnessed.

Now, when new golden boy Huntelaar (who's not that golden anymore to be honest) is injured/not performing and the pressure is rising, Marco is contemplating bringing back the two scapegoats.....probably to sacrifice them once more if things don't work out : it's 100% clear that Van Basten does not rate those two players...so the only thing they can do is formalize the declaration of war that Van Basten issued himself after the WC : "we are happy to play in Oranje....under *any* manager besides from Basten".

Exactly that backbone is what cost them their place in the squad....and it is *exactly* what Oranje needs (besides a new manager).

Even if he starts winning, I don't think Van Basten can win this war....as long as Van Bommel and Van Nistelrooy keep performing for their clubs.

Dream scenario : Van Basten out, Adriaanse in Smile
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:10 pm

I can predict who's having good chuckle at this affair. Leo Beenhakker.

It was during the WC90 campaign that (here comes that name again) Marco Van Basten didn't want him as coach and he riled a few other team mates (Gullit etc) to strike and oppose the staff. We failed in the WC90 (second round) and that initial lockerroom "disagreement" was what gave is that nasty stigma of "in fighting". Even Leo Beenhakker never wants to talk about it again.

Look who was behind it. lol! Whistle
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:42 pm

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:

Don't tell me......Johnny Heitinga ?! affraid

Wink
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:48 pm

Axeslammer ! wrote:

Wink

Just blame everything on Heitinga .. did he see his goal on Sunday? .. and the guy who took the set piece that led to it Very Happy
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:02 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:
    Axeslammer ! wrote:

Wink

Just blame everything on Heitinga .. did he see his goal on Sunday? .. and the guy who took the set piece that led to it Very Happy

Don't tell me you're seriously claiming Ajax did something extraordinary there ?

The easiest way to describe the goal would be :

KEEPER BLUNDER !!!

It was another crap freekick by the Mediocre Midget, the keeper had an easy save but fumbled and only because Heitinga has no brains was he still going towards goal to have a tap-in...

To be honest that sounds a lot like Marco van Basten's average game-plan...

Maybe that's why he's still selecting those two "bagger-spelers".
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:13 pm

Axeslammer ! wrote:
    rai Mihawk wrote:
    Axeslammer ! wrote:

Wink

Don't tell me you're seriously claiming Ajax did something extraordinary there ?

The easiest way to describe the goal would be :

KEEPER BLUNDER !!!

It was another crap freekick by the Mediocre Midget, the keeper had an easy save but fumbled and only because Heitinga has no brains was he still going towards goal to have a tap-in...

To be honest that sounds a lot like Marco van Basten's average game-plan...

Maybe that's why he's still selecting those two "bagger-spelers".

It was something of the training ground .. just like Gabris goal (assist from 'you know who')

All I'm saying is both players played well.

And San Marco was at the game ... seeing his old club play in his home town.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:16 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:

If you call that playing well, then all hope is lost Sad

I'd give 'm 5 marks out of 10 each...
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:17 pm

The days of Mvb are numbered. Lots of people are losing interest in the team, and even gloat when they have a bad result.

He should realise the Oranje is from us all not from the Small ajax minority, if you select so many (Awful)players from the most hated club in the country. You shouldn't be surprised if 87% if the people wants you to go.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:19 pm

Axeslammer ! wrote:
    rai Mihawk wrote:

If you call that playing well, then all hope is lost Sad

I'd give 'm 5 marks out of 10 each...

Things can only get better ..

To be honest, i wouldn't care if both players did not feature in the two qualifiers, however it be good to see Sneijderman in his favoured role.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:21 pm

Fey wrote:The days of Mvb are numbered. Lots of people are losing interest in the team, and even gloat when they have a bad result.

He should realise the Oranje is from us all not from the Small ajax minority, if you select so many (Awful)players from the most hated club in the country. You shouldn't be surprised if 87% if the people wants you to go.

The most hated = the most successful - so its jealousy?

What was San Marcos job before he became the national team coach, maybe that's 1 answer.

Also didn't he not play a team without no Ajax players last year - when all players are fit - there will only be 1 Ajax player in the team, maybe 2..
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:25 pm

Well the most successful team is PSV of the last 20 years. So that should not be the issue.

You really don't get it. Oranje is from us all not some part-time job for ajax coaches. Half of this country is always cursing for those ajax players. And suddenly we have to cheer for them. Look in 1995 it was the same. But those players actually had some quality.
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:27 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:
    Fey wrote:The days of Mvb are numbered. Lots of people are losing interest in the team, and even gloat when they have a bad result.

The most hated = the most successful - so its jealousy?

What was San Marcos job before he became the national team coach, maybe that's 1 answer.

Also didn't he not play a team without no Ajax players last year - when all players are fit - there will only be 1 Ajax player in the team, maybe 2..

It's partly jealousy but partly your arrogance. You still think that you are by far the no.1 club in Holland but the truth is that PSV outplayed you so many times.
    In contradict, not really much people hate PSV.

Heitinga is in the starting line-up wich is a crime an sich. I can live with Sneijder being a squad player. Babel played good but doesn't deserve to be in there. Not as a striker, not as a left winger.
    And Greene who outpeformed Heitinga week in week out in the Eredivisie doesn't get a call up. Surprisingly Greene has been dumped by Ajax in the past...
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:30 pm

Fey wrote:Well the most successful team is PSV of the last 20 years. So that should not be the issue.

You really don't get it. Oranje is from us all not some part-time job for ajax coaches. Half of this country is always cursing for those ajax players. And suddenly we have to cheer for them. Look in 1995 it was the same. But those players actually had some quality.

Again, if all players were available and injury free - only 1 Ajax player will be in the team

van der Sar; Kromkamp, Boulahrouz, Ooijer, Gio; Schaars, Landzaat, van der Vaart; van Persie, Robben, Huntelaar

De Cler, Mathijsen - can get into defence ..

The reason i believe why Sneijder and Heitinga were playing .. was because they were getting games for their clubs, Kromkamp on the bench at Liverpool etc .. plus with the injuries and 'problems' in midfield Sneijder had to play in a 'awkward' role which i thought was a mistake .. and so do many people.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:31 pm

Nah, just selection, results, play, tactics, and consistancy. And less mudslinging. We're not retards. And those players don't deserve it.

About Seedorf - "Some players play at great clubs, have great names but don't deserve to play" Suspect
    About Davids (one of many choice comments) - "I'm not going to call up Jan Wouters (an old 15+ years retired decent utility international), now am I?"

And more communication between players and staff. "Ik vond het niet belangrijk om te bellen" - transl. "I didn't think it was important to call" was Van Basten's answer when asked if he called Van Bommel or Van Nistelrooij (both 40+ caps) after the WC or even to notify those two that they weren't selected or in fact banned.
    Who's on the line calling two and a half months later, to see if they (scapegoats) want to fill in?! Erm Doh ok
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:44 pm

Fey wrote:Well the most successful team is PSV of the last 20 years. So that should not be the issue.

I'm no Rotterdammer so I don't hate Ajax or their players just because it's Ajax. I do hate one of them for how he behaves, but last time I checked Danko Lazovic, Cry Ronaldo and Marco Materazzi were not Ajax players Wink

Most Ajax-players do have a common handicap : they're too arrogant by far, even for a Dutchman. When you're not top of your game that's the one trait that will not be accepted by the public.

At this moment Van Basten himself is creating an anti-Ajax sentiment by playing/selecting Ajax-players who are obviously not good enough for/not performing in Oranje.

Funny thing is he isn't doing Ajax or those players a favour by selecting them : they need less pressure to get back into their normal/good form...

I want Co, Serginho, Demi and Jonathan in Oranje....as fast as possible !
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:53 pm

@ Axe

At this moment Van Basten himself is creating an anti-Ajax sentiment by playing/selecting Ajax-players who are obviously not good enough for/not performing in Oranje.

Funny thing is he isn't doing Ajax or those players a favour by selecting them : they need less pressure to get back into their normal/good form...

Totally agree - IMO only Huntelaar is the only Ajacied that should be 'playing in the first XI'

Heitinga (couple of weeks) has not been playing to his best and Sneijder on the other hand i believe is good enough to start for Oranje .. but at the moment as a sub.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:03 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:
    Totally agree - IMO only Huntelaar is the only Ajacied that should be 'playing in the first XI'

I still see Ruud as our #1, with KJ easing in.

KJ is going too fast, he still needs to learn so we should be careful with him.
    In 1-2 years time he'll be our undisputed #1.

In an ideal world you could work out a mentor-student thing for Ruud-KJ.

rai Mihawk wrote:
    Heitinga (couple of weeks) has not been playing to his best

I'm afraid it's *way* longer than a couple of weeks.

Isn't he still eligible for jong Oranje ? Let him make hours there.

I do believe Johnny has talent by the way...and his attitude is allright too. I don't think he'll ever be a good defender though, he'll be a good player in midfield as a Linskens/Wouters mix.

It would be really good for Oranje (and Ajax) if Henk would play Johnny in midfield from now on....

rai Mihawk wrote:Sneijder on the other hand i believe is good enough to start for Oranje .. but at the moment as a sub.

Agreed, even I (Sneijder-fan # 1) think he's a welcome option to have on the bench Shocked
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:07 pm

The pressure will be to big if the results are crap after this weekend. So who should be coach then? Co would be excellent, but likely to play 4-3-3 as well. And I would love him to see coach of Feyenoord as well. E. Koeman will prolly be fired after 24 October. So I hope Co is still available for us then.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:20 pm

If we're talking about bringing coaches in there are only two options:
    1) Hiddink
    2) Co Adriaanse

and an unlikely 3) Karel Bruckner
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:23 pm

http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_438844.html
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:36 pm

I think too much is being made of the curent van basten vs van bommel and Rvn issue.

He doesn't simply rate van bommel, period. Sometimes coaches rate players we all see as crap, eg. capello and zebina. He is the coach , he should be given the freedom to choose the players he thinks are good for the way he wants to play though i myself don't get it that a player of such quality doesn't get selected.

RVN'case is simple: van basten sees DK and KJH better options for the way he wants to play - which i completely agree with by the way. However, i think RVN should be part of the squad but the question is, is he prepared to be third choice? i don't think so, maybe that's why Van Basten thinks it's better not to select him.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:39 pm

Axeslammer ! wrote:
    rai Mihawk wrote:

I still see Ruud as our #1, with KJ easing in.

KJ is going too fast, he still needs to learn so we should be careful with him.
    In 1-2 years time he'll be our undisputed #1.

In an ideal world you could work out a mentor-student thing for Ruud-KJ.

rai Mihawk wrote:Sneijder on the other hand i believe is good enough to start for Oranje .. but at the moment as a sub.

Agreed, even I (Sneijder-fan # 1) think he's a welcome option to have on the bench Shocked
    Normally KJH would be a shoe in for the Starting XI, and he undiputably will be within 2 years. But he isn't now based on form.
    KJH should be eased into his role. There's way too much expectations and pressure on him at the moment, and it does show. Liek I said befor ein this thread, ideally you'd have a rotation system where he and Ruud share the duties. It would not only take off the pressure tremendously, it will allow Oranje to rely on goals, and Huntelaar will learn from Ruud, and might even get competative spirit where they try to outdo each other in their roles.

But for the moment based on form only Sneijder could get into the starting line-up (not even KJH IMO for now). Sneijder's best form is when he plays like he did against Scotland (2004). He's getting by in the league, but on a whole I personally think that he hasn't been getting the most out of himself for quite a while.
    I want him on the bench as a deputy, but since VDV is getting bedsores Sneijder needs to step up as a creative player - who delivers.

Heitinga doesn't even deserve to be considered for the squad, let alone be selected and start. Jaliens doesn't need to be selected either, he's not even among the best young backs we have. And besides the entire defense is really well covered (Opdam, Ooijer, Mathijsen, Boulahrouz, De Cler, Gio, Kromkamp), with only Emanuelsen and De Zeeuw worthy of a look in. In fact, our defense is nothing to complain about. Its even better covered than attack or midfield, but we Dutchies need to make ourselves difficult as always.

The last Ajaccied, Babel, can be considered for selection in youth-based team. He's even impressed in this season so far - better control, end product etc. He is however, not starting material, and it would be nothing short of a disgrace if he did. He's a decnt squad player to have, mostly because he's supposedly can play LW - but always cuts in Rolling Eyes .
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:41 pm

Agooner wrote:I think too much is being made of the curent van basten vs van bommel and Rvn issue.

He doesn't simply rate van bommel, period. Sometimes coaches rate players we all see as crap, eg. capello and zebina. He is the coach , he should be given the freedom to choose the players he thinks are good for the way he wants to play though i myself don't get it that a player of such quality doesn't get selected.

RVN'case is simple: van basten sees DK and KJH better options for the way he wants to play - which i completely agree with by the way. However, i think RVN should be part of the squad but the question is, is he prepared to be third choice? i don't think so, maybe that's why Van Basten thinks it's better not to select him.

ok
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:42 pm

Agooner wrote:I think too much is being made of the curent van basten vs van bommel and Rvn issue.

If a manager does not rate a player, hes word is final (we should be supporting him) instead of ridiculing him - just because people 'believe he is good for the team' etc

As many of the Dutch posters on this board have said - KJH is not ready, it be better if RVN was in the team; so he could 'educate' De Hunter ... then in 2 years time, De Hunter will be numero uno for sure.

BTW, why is Nicky Hofs not called up?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:45 pm

@ DD

Concerning Sneijder, I've been saying this for a long time..

Sneijder should play in the 'hole' as the 'play maker'

For Ajax:

---------Maduro ------- Gabri
    --------------- Sneijder
    Rosenberg ---------------- Babel
    -------------- Huntelaar

He can easily do this for Oranje (so can VDV or van Persie) .. just does San Marco have the 'courage'.

Another problem is; Is Sneijder 'creative' enough?
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:50 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:

If a manager does not rate a player, hes word is final (we should be supporting him) instead of ridiculing him - just because people 'believe he is good for the team' etc

As many of the Dutch posters on this board have said - KJH is not ready, it be better if RVN was in the team; so he could 'educate' De Hunter ... then in 2 years time, De Hunter will be numero uno for sure.

BTW, why is Nicky Hofs not called up?

OK simple question: who do u think is better in a 4-3-3 system, DK or RVN? clealry it's Dk. Sot it's better rotating him and KJH till the latter makes the position his own in hopefully two years time. They are both young and are the future, ruud is 30 and please watch his madrid perfomances to see how ineffective he is when he doesn't get service.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:18 pm

Not at all. Never have players been banned in our selection, and you certainly would not do it to these two - two of our most valuable ones. And for what really?! it hasn't escalated nowhere near banning offenses. And there's a lot more behind it, the reasons, the mudslinging afterwards by Van Basten, mistakes by Van Basten, inconsistancies, and both have also been treated unfairly. They've been held to a different standard apperantly, and been treated extremely harsh, and kicked to the curb like yesterday's garbage. No thanks, no nothing.

He doesn't rate Van bommel, or does he? Even Van Basten doesn't seem to know. He doesn't prefer Van Bommel that's for sure. In the early honeymoon period of a manager you give him the benefit of the doubt, and Van Basten did get the benefit. Van Bommel was the first name he cut after two games. Oddly, because he's exactly what this at times lightweight squad needs. Fast forward a year and a half later when we've played the qualifiers won, but did struggle at times because of the lack of a player like Van Bommel to beef the squad and give some no-nonsense box-to--box action; he called him up for the WC. Even Van Basten could see the light. It turns out that Van Bommel was nothing more than the scapegoat for our underachieving midfield (Cocu his worst form in 5 years, after a gruelling season; Sneijder in DM(!!??), general midfield disbalance by San Marco's own selection; and the whole midfield had to help the defense out because the clown Heitinga - who Marco selected - cannot defend and is as big a liabilty if you're ever going to get one. Our midfield tilted to right back, leaving a great instability. Not to mention the wingers being extraordinarily selfish.). Van bommel got the blame. And had to hear on TV that he not just passed, but plain banned from the squad. Oh yes, and after the Portugal game Van Bommel never heard a word from Van Basten again. He only had to hear through the press that the coach didn't think he was really that good, or that how he ridiculed hs transfers etc. That he blagged his way into football basicly.

Now our squad is even more lightweigth than before, and we missed him, so Marco needs him again. Suddenly he's rated again. Marco's actions bite him and us on the arse again.

Its one thing to have a vision of the style your team is going to play in, and fit it accordingly to the players - of course you're bound to leave or bench some players. But don't go mouthing them off for two years in the press, and then give them a call and expect them reply. Its Van Basten who's showed he's inconsistant and proves he's talking bollocks by selecting him again.

Huntelaar should be the first striker, but he should be eased in. He's very young still, and has an enormous amount of pressure on him this season (Ajax, Europe, big clubs). I think Ruud should be 2nd striker, most people won't disagree. With the system Van Basten plays Kuijt will rarely start as the main striker, as he's used as a RW or attacking mid mostly. Its only with substitutions that Kuijt can move to the striker position - that has always been the protocol. And I agree. Kuijt is wasted as a lone striker, and ideally he needs someone to play off (4-4-2), which you can't provide if you're team is calibrated to play 4-3-3. Kuijt is not a lone striker or as a target man not as good as others for selection (JVoH, KJH, RVN).

Van Basten discarted Ruud, and then try to pander some excuse of him not being good. He also said that it was his fault we didn't score more during the WC. The proven player who did more than his share to get us through the qualification was suddenly banned.

Over the weekend and yesterday, more info came to light that Van Basten told Makaay to f*ck off too. Now all the skeletons are coming out of the closet,and it isn't pretty. There was some sort of argument, and Makaay last game he couldn't play because of a "back spasm". It wasn't well known because Makaay hasn't kissed and told yet.

Marco Van Basten has a lengthy history of making & causing arguments, allthrough his playing and coaching carreer. He was practically solely responsible for WC90 being as bad as it was, by organising a mutiny against the then coach Beenhakker. So you can guess who I'll give the benefit of the doubt now. The phantom & the horse or egomaniacal primadonna.

Last edited by on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:21 pm