Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Effenberg
d gorgeous one haz spoken
blutgraetsche
DD
Machiavel
DS
Fey
Axeslammer
Ricardo Jol
13 posters

VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach!

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach! - Page 4 Empty Re: VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach!

Post by Parks lives Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:21 pm

Does Ruud want to be number two though?
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach! - Page 4 Empty Re: VAN BOMMEL won't play for ORANJE WITH VAN BASTEN as coach!

Post by DD Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:31 pm

Parks Lives wrote:Does Ruud want to be number two though?
    Yes, and it has been confirmed from different sources (players in contact, technical staff, old coaches, people who know him), that he accepts it. We all know the team is a youth orientated squad. He too knew thatHutelaar would have become the #1 strikerafter the WC.
    Ruud just wants to play for the national squad as he dreams of winning trophies with Oranje. Ruud would have gotten plenty of playing time anyhow, as it would have been unfeasable for Huntelaar to take the plunge with all the responsibilties on his own. This for a kid who's only "quality" opponent he's faced so far was Inter in the CL.

Now MvB has made it worse, as KJH now knows that RVN is dropped "for him" so there's even more pressure on him to prove. RVN is still an over 3 goals every 4 matches striker.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:55 pm

@DD

Van Basten doesn't rate Van Bommel. He said it from the outset and that's why oranje played(succesfully) significant part of the qualifications without him. Two reasons why he made it to germany:

1) Landzaart's loss of form
    2) media pressure

It's also well known cruijff doesn't rate him either and we all know who van basten looks up to for advice. I also think u need someone like Van bommel especially against physical opponents but he ( bassie) doesn't think so: i remember him saying if all the players maintain the tactical shape of the team there's no need for someone to be flying in with tackles.

kuijt fuctions better as a lone striker in a 4-3-3 system than RVN . Remember he played that role all season long for his club last seasons, scored 20 goals and had something like 20 assists too and won the player of the year award. The RW is definetlly now for RVP baring any injuries, so the only chance of kuijt getting a starting spot is in the striking role. I would let him and huntelaar compete for that spot until one of them makes it their own.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:
    Parks Lives wrote:Does Ruud want to be number two though?
    Yes, and it has been confirmed from different sources (players in contact, technical staff, old coaches, people who know him), that he accepts it. We all know the team is a youth orientated squad. He too knew thatHutelaar would have become the #1 strikerafter the WC.
    Ruud just wants to play for the national squad as he dreams of winning trophies with Oranje. Ruud would have gotten plenty of playing time anyhow, as it would have been unfeasable for Huntelaar to take the plunge with all the responsibilties on his own. This for a kid who's only "quality" opponent he's faced so far was Inter in the CL.

Now MvB has made it worse, as KJH now knows that RVN is dropped "for him" so there's even more pressure on him to prove. RVN is still an over 3 goals every 4 matches striker.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Just think without bias for a second.....
    Ruud is never going to win trophies with holland, by 2008 he will be even worse. holland results have been all wins i think since he was dropped what is the problem?
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:07 pm

Are we also this misguided when we talk about foreign football ?
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:49 pm

Agooner wrote:

kuijt fuctions better as a lone striker in a 4-3-3 system than RVN . Remember he played that role all season long for his club last seasons, scored 20 goals and had something like 20 assists too and won the player of the year award. The RW is definetlly now for RVP baring any injuries, so the only chance of kuijt getting a starting spot is in the striking role. I would let him and huntelaar compete for that spot until one of them makes it their own.

Don't think this is true. For Feyenoord they only had one real winger with Castelen and Kalou more like in a striker type role coming from the left. The Feyenoor system Kuyt played is really different from the Holland one with especially no no.10. RvN has proved that he can play 4-3-3, was he really that disappointing? No.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:07 pm

SpartaR wrote:
    Agooner wrote:

Don't think this is true. For Feyenoord they only had one real winger with Castelen and Kalou more like in a striker type role coming from the left. The Feyenoor system Kuyt played is really different from the Holland one with especially no no.10. RvN has proved that he can play 4-3-3, was he really that disappointing? No.

Sparta, this is how the feyenoord front three looked everytime i saw them last season :

kalou-------kuijt-----------castelen

Kalou didn't like playing on the left and was used sometimes at the end of matches as a striker with kuijt dropping in midfield.

And this is how the oranje front three look like:

robben----------RVN/KJH/DK-------RVP
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:09 pm

IMO it was for Feyenoord.
    ------no.10
    Castelen
    -------Kuyt---Kalou

For Holland
    -------empty
    RVP---XXX--Robben
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:28 am

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:If we're talking about bringing coaches in there are only two options:
    1) Hiddink
    2) Co Adriaanse

and an unlikely 3) Karel Bruckner

With Co Adriaanse we probably get even more troubles with the press and therefore also the blind Dutch fans...
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:30 am

Van Bommel and Ruud are too big egoes for what they've reached as a Oranje player...

It is a shame they don't want to play for Oranje!

If they don't want get rid of them then and continue with really hungry people then those arrogant "superstars"
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:42 pm

I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet.

In a desperate attempt to get the public back on his side, yesterday Van Basten admitted that he has handled a couple of things badly - in particular Mark Van Bommel and Ruud van Nistelrooij after the WC. And that if given the chance he would do it different this time around (like at least give them a call).

You know Neutral , this is the Van Basten I wanted to see after the WC, the one who'd admit that a couple of things went wrong (due inexperience), and that he would learn from his mistakes. NOT the Van Basten who graded himself a 7 on his return press conference, and thought that our WC went more than OK, and there was nothing to fix, but cull instead. No
    A young talented manager who'd acknowledge those mistakes and adress them and mould a better Oranje. Not the one who'd sabotage everything, steer the course and continue with less talented youth (read: crap), because he might or might not have insulted other players. That was what turned me completely off. And the play and results of course.

I think this might be a BIG turning point. I'm off Van Basten's back for now. I don't mind mistakes, as long as their fixed. Let him adress the kinks in our team now. And perhaps even iron out the differences between the players and him. Neutral

Last edited by on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:43 pm

@ Distinguished Dutchman

I'm off Van Basten's corner for now

Let me get this straight.

You said this Shocked
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:46 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:@ Distinguished Dutchman

You said this Shocked
    I meant back. And yes.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:48 pm

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:
    rai Mihawk wrote:@ Distinguished Dutchman

You said this Shocked
    I meant back. And yes.

History has been written on the Europeanboard today ..
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:48 am

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet.

In a desperate attempt to get the public back on his side, yesterday Van Basten admitted that he has handled a couple of things badly - in particular Mark Van Bommel and Ruud van Nistelrooij after the WC. And that if given the chance he would do it different this time around (like at least give them a call).

You know Neutral , this is the Van Basten I wanted to see after the WC, the one who'd admit that a couple of things went wrong (due inexperience), and that he would learn from his mistakes. NOT the Van Basten who graded himself a 7 on his return press conference, and thought that our WC went more than OK, and there was nothing to fix, but cull instead. No
    A young talented manager who'd acknowledge those mistakes and adress them and mould a better Oranje. Not the one who'd sabotage everything, steer the course and continue with less talented youth (read: crap), because he might or might not have insulted other players. That was what turned me completely off. And the play and results of course.

I think this might be a BIG turning point. I'm off Van Basten's back for now. I don't mind mistakes, as long as their fixed. Let him adress the kinks in our team now. And perhaps even iron out the differences between the players and him. Neutral

Why is it that you repeat yourself constantly....??? Van Basten gives himself a 7.... He said that he was stupid to say that....!

Please try to criticise the bondscoach on a more intelligent way!

BTW Dirk Kuyt just said about Ruud-van Basten "Van Nistelrooy is stupid" he had to discuss things intern....!
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:09 pm

ricardojol wrote:
    Why is it that you repeat yourself constantly....??? Van Basten gives himself a 7.... He said that he was stupid to say that....!

because it's an *important* point : van Basten is utterly and totally clueless. This remark shows that.

If it weren't for injuries and pressure he would never have asked Van Bommel and Van Nistelrooy to return (even though they *deserve* to be part of the squad by any kind of measure) and obviously still can't find it in him to show them any faith or trust.

...like he still does Johnny Heitinga to give an example of his briliant managerial skills...

You can't nuke Nagasaki and then just say "oops, my bad"....and expect everyone to back off because you said "oops, my bad" !

ricardojol wrote:
    Please try to criticise the bondscoach on a more intelligent way!

That's exactly what's been done all along.

It's unfortunate that most people have the intelligence of a Heitinga and still don't get it...altough : finally there seems to be a shift in public opinion...

ricardojol wrote:
    BTW Dirk Kuyt just said about Ruud-van Basten "Van Nistelrooy is stupid" he had to discuss things intern....!

That would be a rather stupid remark by Kuyt.

Van Nistelrooy *did* discuss things intern, it's Van Basten who keeps playing things via the press....including shutting out Ruud : if you're shut out it's kind of hard to discuss things internally, isn't it ?

Van Basten : clueless, stupid *and* no backbone.

"VUILNISMAN, MAG DEZE ZAK OOK MEE !"
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:19 pm

Did Van Basten Nuke Nagasaki ????? If that's true he must be sacked and jailed for life....! Wink

No seriously... this story is blown up too much... two players were not selected and that happens more often! He was wrong not to talk with both underperforming internationals! Then it was not a problem for me anymore! But most of all, Ruud and Mark have to accept when they are left out of the squad! They now find themselves more important than Oranje and that's a bad thing!

I agree with you I don't understand the love for Scheitinga while we also have a decent playing Kromkamp!

BTW On Kuyt.... He was mad on Ruud he didnt keep it intern.... Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh

Shut your FUCKING mouth Dirk Kuyt and keep this also intern then..., the arse licker! No

Number of posts : 585
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by d gorgeous one haz spoken Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:00 pm

kuyt is actually right imo. you don't need all this drama right before two important qualifying games.

any predictions for tomorrow?

the team will feel that they have something to prove with all the negativity surrounding the bondscoach now that i think they will completely destroy the opponent.

i say 4 - 0.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:04 pm

2-1 for Bulgary, we shouldn't underestimate that team. They got a few good footballers, and tomorrow Heitinga and de Jong will be in the first XI Shocked

If we can get a draw there we should consider ourselves lucky.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:05 pm

No he is not!!! I like the player that's not it but saying to the press "Ruud has to keep things intern" is like when you say "Hells angels are criminals" they come to you and beat you up....
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:06 pm

2-0 for the Dutch Bulgary goes on the attack and the Dutch easily counter attack to a victory...

Number of posts : 585
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by d gorgeous one haz spoken Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:06 pm

kuyt is doing what ruud did to kluivert back in the days. he's making sure that ruud will never make the team and jeopardize kuyt's place Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:34 am