Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
S4P
Sgoater1
stinger
Antarion
Aristoskank
Murray
Protheus
Sheffield gunner
Fade out
COTR
OP9
Pras_tama
Hlebagone
TheCrazy58
shazlx
TITO
Isco Benny
Super Progress
Jaime
debaser
blutgraetsche
mongrel hawk
Juligen
Kroos
Chocolate Thunder
Rosicky
Luis
Xavier
Allez les rouges
Fey
Black Magic
fcb
Pierre Littbarski
Oleguerisntthatbad
bluenine
Formerly known as sheva7
christmasborocooper
Calidad
Barrilete
Puro
44 posters

COPA AMERICA

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

COPA AMERICA - Page 11 Empty Re: COPA AMERICA

Post by Puro Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:22 pm

And if Guerrero were English, he'd be worth at the very least twice the amount my beloved Reds paid for that gaddamnawful striker we got from Newcastle. lol!
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Brazil losing now with 20 mins to go. Neymar is a plonker, missed a sitter before Paraguay's 2nd goal.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:16 pm

FT Brasil 2-2 Paraguay

Last minute equaliser from Fred.

Did Robinho play???? Laughing
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Yes he did, with his new haircut while warming the bench. Very Happy
    But that was awful from Brasil, and you should really, really, really buy Neymar.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:16 pm

fucking pele
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

let me see if I can say anything positive for this piece of shit game...... hummm, at least we scored this time, lol.

Serious, this cup is painful to watch and this team wont win the WC even if played at home.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:49 am

Juligen wrote:let me see if I can say anything positive for this piece of shit game...... hummm, at least we scored this time, lol.

Serious, this cup is painful to watch and this team wont win the WC even if played at home.

@ju

remember how Scolari's WC winning team did in Copa América before the 2002 WC? kicked out by Honduras in the quarters. don't worry about the WC. playing like this means we won't win the Copa América. the WC is another story. 3 years is a long time.

I don't understand how the fuck an excuse of a full back like Daniel Alves can be a starter in a team like Barcelona, nor why the fuck he's a starter for Brazil with a great player like Maicon on the bench. I don't remember a single game he played well for Brazil ever.

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:08 am

TITO wrote:Yes he did, with his new haircut while warming the bench. Very Happy
    But that was awful from Brasil, and you should really, really, really buy Neymar.

seeing messi playing this copa américa, the same could be said about him.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:08 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:

I don't understand how the fuck an excuse of a full back like Daniel Alves can be a starter in a team like Barcelona, nor why the fuck he's a starter for Brazil with a great player like Maicon on the bench. I don't remember a single game he played well for Brazil ever.

ok

I don't think Alves has ever been a good Right back. He's been a very good right midfielder (not right winger) who tracks back well but his crossing is terrible and doesn't have the natural instincts of a RB.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:22 am

He indeed had an absolutely terrible game. That Estigarribia guy was wreaking havoc down Paraguay's left flank.

Dani Alves is the perfect example of a "wingback", a position that only Brazil produces. They work brilliantly in the right tactical system, but look terrible when playing in other systems. That's exactly the case with Alves. For me it's also clear that he is being picked because of Maicon's poor form last year, not Alves' good form (which has been at the same level for the last 5-6 years, stretching back to Sevilla).

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:19 pm

shazlx always talks some crazy stuff especially about barca players, and at the first sign of any mistake he jumps on it to try and justify is arguments, when the facts on the ground as proven to be wrong up to that point. alves is a excellent rightback/wingback,not right midfielder as defensively sound as most out their and better that all in attack.

just asked the likes of ronaldo who he has good excellently against, almost every time they play.

alves isn't getting picked because of maicons form, he is getting picked because the coach believes the likes of him and kaka failed at the world cup and 2 will be passed it by 2014. both of which are true.

for the wingback system to work you need to have excellent dmeds to cover the pace when the player he doing his thing and a defense that knows they need to shift when the player goes forward.

that being said he fucked up yesterday

brazil needs to drop lucio, i love him but he needs to go, he sits to deep, making the space between the defense and two pivots to much, especially for average players like ram and lucas to cover,bring in luiz and let him play beside thiago, compress the play more and brazil will improve.

more credit needs to go to the Paraguay coach who was excellent in his tactics.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Pato was imo the worst brazilian player on the pitch. Wasted 2 golden opportunities. Defense was pretty weak during the second half, but bar the mistake for the second goal I though Dani was pretty decent.

Neymar showed great technique but didn't accomplish anything, Ganso was very impressive... for a few seconds from time to time, Ramires did a good job of running everyone and everything down, Lucio (despite his good technique) managed to kick the ball to the opposite goalkeeper 4 or 5 times when there was no pressure on him, I didn't see Leiva, the other (substitute) Lucas looked promising, and Silva was decent. Andre Santos actually did well.

Conclusion: Bring back Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos and Cafú and you'll win it, Mario!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Neymar's flopped spectacularly so far at this tournament. £40 million doesn't look like such a good investment now.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Luis wrote:Neymar's flopped spectacularly so far at this tournament. £40 million doesn't look like such a good investment now.

true. he's been utter shite. I'm surprised at his poor performance. he was our best player in the friendlies against Holland and Romania.

@barça mates

thanks for your elaborate opinions.

maybe that's it. maybe he doesn't fit in Brazil's system. the fact is he always underperformed for Brazil, while Maicon always did very well.

I don't think his poor form at club level means much. national team is another thing. he may be shite for Inter and have a WC performance for Brazil.

Ganso was discreet, but as discreet as he was he made the assists to both goals.

Neymar was utter shite. no words to describe his ineptitude.

Pato was bad but at least he tried.

I don't like Lucas + Ramirez. I'd rather have Sandro + Elias.

Overall, Brazil has been playing horrible football, hoofing the ball all the time. the game was disgusting.

that said, I must say Paraguay has evolved a lot. they reached the second round a couple of times in the last WCs and reached the quarters in the last, making a hell of a hard game against Spain. I'd say today they are not behind the likes of Croatia, Portugal, Sweden.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Luis wrote:Neymar's flopped spectacularly so far at this tournament. £40 million doesn't look like such a good investment now.

pele jinx him, as he has done to every brazil player that he says is the next pele are something like that.

thats it, its over for him, he now has the pele mark.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Messiah wrote:

pele jinx him, as he has done to every brazil player that he says is the next pele are something like that.

thats it, its over for him, he now has the pele mark.

I'm sure he's got talent and in the future will be a great player but to start him in a big this tournament is like starting Raheem Sterling at Euro 2012.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:08 pm

lol!

The thing is, you're serious aren't you? Raheem Sterling indeed...
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Maybe he just doesn't think before he speaks. I mean, comparing someone who just led his team to the South American equivalent to the Champions league and a player who has never played for Liverpool.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Why are the final group games not played at the same time ? Huge advantage for Argentina...
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Rosicky wrote:Why are the final group games not played at the same time ? Huge advantage for Argentina...

same as in 1978.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:50 am

Disgusting Puro. Keep changing goal posts you agenda ridden Poverty stricken Peruvian Malarial mosquito..
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:01 am

Hlebagone wrote:Maybe he just doesn't think before he speaksat all, ever. I mean, comparing someone who just led his team to the South American equivalent to the Champions league and a player who has never played for Liverpool.

Ale
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:34 am

Aristoskank wrote: lol!

The thing is, you're serious aren't you? Raheem Sterling indeed...

As serious as you were when you said Pavlyuchenko is better than RVP. You work it out <Ale>
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Lovely backtrack there. If I were you, this would be where I'd follow you all over the forum talking about how you'd been laughed out of this thread etc. etc., praying that one of my sad sack LFC buddies would join in the playground fun.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Aristoskank wrote:Lovely backtrack there. If I were you, this would be where I'd follow you all over the forum talking about how you'd been laughed out of this thread etc. etc., praying that one of my sad sack LFC buddies would join in the playground fun.

You want fun in a playground? Sick.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Predictable. Like everything else about you.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Fenomeno wrote:Disgusting Puro. Keep changing goal posts you agenda ridden Poverty stricken Peruvian Malarial mosquito..

lol! Mediocre attempt YOU from the land of masonic homos. By the way I've got nothing against gays or lesbians, you are all free to fuck whomever, I'm just pointing out the truth. Biggrin <Ale>

Here's hoping we play you again to whoop your ass, in your own stadium.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Says the man from a land of child abuse, STD, female infanticide, & cannibalism.. lol!
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Aristoskank wrote:Like everything about you.

Thanks pal, love you too Hug
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Fenomeno wrote:Says the man from a land of child abuse, STD, female infanticide, & cannibalism.. lol!

lol! "They say ignorance is brave"

but this is beyond ignorance, YOU ARE AN IMBECILE! lol! <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:12 pm