Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
S4P
Sgoater1
stinger
Antarion
Aristoskank
Murray
Protheus
Sheffield gunner
Fade out
COTR
OP9
Pras_tama
Hlebagone
TheCrazy58
shazlx
TITO
Isco Benny
Super Progress
Jaime
debaser
blutgraetsche
mongrel hawk
Juligen
Kroos
Chocolate Thunder
Rosicky
Luis
Xavier
Allez les rouges
Fey
Black Magic
fcb
Pierre Littbarski
Oleguerisntthatbad
bluenine
Formerly known as sheva7
christmasborocooper
Calidad
Barrilete
Puro
44 posters

COPA AMERICA

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

COPA AMERICA - Page 19 Empty Re: COPA AMERICA

Post by Puro Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Debbie, check out some photos of our re-inaugurated Estadio Nacional (60,000 capacity) from last night.

http://elcomercio.pe/deportes/944945/noticia-fotos-fiesta-inaugural-remozado-estadio-nacional/1

Some nice steaks photo #10, Alan García (c**t, corrupt, fucko, thief, mason) who is about to leave the presidency on the 28th of July asked El Loco Vargas to walk with him to the middle of the pitch for the play of honor (Perú U-20 vs España U-20), Vargas knows that he's been used so that García isn't jeered by the fans. El Loco decides to walk ahead of the c**t/mason, Guerrero stayed a step behind (photo #5). Vargas is such a character Biggrin

The game? 0-0 with Spain hitting the post one time. They were the better team, no surprises there. Our team was put together quickly and recently with a mix of Universitario (winner of Copa Libertadores U-20) and Alianza Lima U-20 players.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Puro wrote:
    Brian2468 wrote:Ya Please this tourny has shown SAM teams have become followers. Very sad very predictable outcomes for the future. Puro as a loser gambler it is best to feed faith in your odds outside your continent.

Since this team played near you (Toronto) and you're an English immigrant in Canada or so you've told us, what's your impression when Peru's mixed "B and C" team whooped Canada's ass?

Hey my good man no great achievement beating Canada. Looking forward to seeing Peru in the WC finals hope they get there.
    Copa Final was good to watch..... pirat
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Puro wrote:Debbie, check out some photos of our re-inaugurated Estadio Nacional (60,000 capacity) from last night.

http://elcomercio.pe/deportes/944945/noticia-fotos-fiesta-inaugural-remozado-estadio-nacional/1

Some nice steaks photo #10, Alan García (c**t, corrupt, fucko, thief, mason) who is about to leave the presidency on the 28th of July asked El Loco Vargas to walk with him to the middle of the pitch for the play of honor (Perú U-20 vs España U-20), Vargas knows that he's been used so that García isn't jeered by the fans. El Loco decides to walk ahead of the c**t/mason, Guerrero stayed a step behind (photo #5). Vargas is such a character Biggrin

The game? 0-0 with Spain hitting the post one time. They were the better team, no surprises there. Our team was put together quickly and recently with a mix of Universitario (winner of Copa Libertadores U-20) and Alianza Lima U-20 players.

Where is the Stadium? In Lima? Where abouts?

Open just in time for Peruvian Independence day i see. cheers
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:14 pm

2nd goal summed up Arevalo Rios perfectly.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Brian2468 wrote:
    Hey my good man no great achievement beating Canada. Looking forward to seeing Peru in the WC finals hope they get there.

I know, it's just that since you were nearer the game I thought I'd ask about your impression. Canada are no powerhouse of course, they're probably around Ukraine's strength or thereabouts. <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Rosicky wrote:
    Where is the Stadium? In Lima? Where abouts?

Open just in time for Peruvian Independence day i see. cheers

Yes, it's near downtown Lima, just off Paseo the La República (Vía Expresa) very easy to get to. El Monumental is bigger, but El Nacional is legendary, that stadium scares the shite out of everyone. It really comes alive. So many 'big teams' have been put to the sword there.
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 pm

has anybody mentioned so far that Uruguay are now the SOLE record holders of the Copa ?

how on earth have they managed to humiliate Brazil and Argentina time and time again ?
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Puro wrote:
    Brian2468 wrote:

I know, it's just that since you were nearer the game I thought I'd ask about your impression. Canada are no powerhouse of course, they're probably around Ukraine's strength or thereabouts. <Ale>

Ukraine??? What?!

The country that has given us Galactico slayers Dynamo Kiev, Shevchenko, Rebrov, Voronin and WC quarter finalists 2006? Same as Country who has given us the only man in the World who has fucked Karen Brady and lived to tell the tale?

Nutter
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:48 am

Argentina have sacked Batista. So they start over yet again.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:11 am

fcb wrote:Argentina have sacked Batista. So they start over yet again.

There was no other way but to fire Batista if they didn't want to get KO from next WC 2014.

With Batista, they were almost guaranteed not to qualify. They would've lost at Bolivia, at Colombia, at Perú, at Paraguay, at Chile...

They have an uphill battle, but their chances of qualifying have improved a bit with the Batista's firing. Argentina are in trouble of not making it to Brasil 2014. The qualifiers are gonna be hell. Every game will be a cauldron, a nightmare for everyone involved. Bolivia are the only team without a realistic chance of qualifying to the World Cup, but they will be a pain in the ass for many teams.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:59 am

TheCrazy58 wrote:Coates (Uruguay) must have English ancestry with a name like that.

Apparently he is already on radar of some big european teams, mostly italians. NEver heard of him before, but he was very good during Copa America, looks like a quality box defender.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:38 am

thank god they have fired him, i hope they take a bit of time to appoint a proper manager
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Are you Argentinian Messiah?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Messiah wrote:thank god they have fired him, i hope they take a bit of time to appoint a proper manager

Gonna be Sabella by the looks of it.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Credit where credit is due, i didnt think Peru would do so well and that without their starplayers. Though perhaps it was a blessing in disguise.

A match between England and Peru would look very interesting right now.

As for Paragay, they arent spectecular, but are they really different from a typical Italy side? They lack a good forward though.

As for Argentina, only one man can save them now:

COPA AMERICA - Page 19 Marath11
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Fey wrote:

Yeah, Hitler had good connections with Argentina
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Fey wrote:

COPA AMERICA - Page 19 427pxFIFAWorldCup2002JapanKorea.svg

Biggrin

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 pm

It's my fault, and there's no problem if AFA fires me,' Bilardo

Argentina’s National Football Teams Director, Carlos Salvador Bilardo, said that his resignation is available for members of the Argentine Football Association (AFA) in case they want to fire him after yesterday’s noisy exit of coach Sergio Batista.

Bilardo, who took Argentina to two World Cup finals (1986/1990), was harshly criticized by the clubs directors that attended yesterday’s AFA board meeting in which Batista’s fate was ruled as well the reorganization of the local tournament which heads to become a massive 40-team federal tournament as of season 2012/2013.

“I leave the final call on my future to the AFA’s Executive Board,” Bilardo said during his own late-night radio show, and added, “It is my fault. I was the one that proposed all former 1986 world champions to take reins of the national teams.”

Thus, Diego Maradona took charge of the “Albicelestes” back in 2008 until last year’s World Cup. Maradona had former WC champ Héctor Enrique as one of his assistant coaches, while Batista was in charge of the Under-20 team with the help of José Luis Brow.

With the arrival of Batista, 1986 glories Oscar Garré took charge of the Under-17 squad, while Julio Olarticochea did his part with the Under-15 side.

The Under-20 team was not assigned to a 1986 world champion as it is the case of former striker Walter Perazzo, born and raised in Colombia, who was appointed in January this year after being one of Batista’s assistant during his stay with the youth squad.

Argentina have gone 18 years without a major title since their last Copa América victory in 1993 and the youth programme led by former coach Néstor Pekerman that reaped five world under-20 titles between 1995 and 2007 was dismantled.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:39 am

Messiah wrote:It's my fault, and there's no problem if AFA fires me,' Bilardo

Argentina’s National Football Teams Director, Carlos Salvador Bilardo, said that his resignation is available for members of the Argentine Football Association (AFA) in case they want to fire him after yesterday’s noisy exit of coach Sergio Batista.

Bilardo, who took Argentina to two World Cup finals (1986/1990), was harshly criticized by the clubs directors that attended yesterday’s AFA board meeting in which Batista’s fate was ruled as well the reorganization of the local tournament which heads to become a massive 40-team federal tournament as of season 2012/2013.

“I leave the final call on my future to the AFA’s Executive Board,” Bilardo said during his own late-night radio show, and added, “It is my fault. I was the one that proposed all former 1986 world champions to take reins of the national teams.”

Thus, Diego Maradona took charge of the “Albicelestes” back in 2008 until last year’s World Cup. Maradona had former WC champ Héctor Enrique as one of his assistant coaches, while Batista was in charge of the Under-20 team with the help of José Luis Brow.

With the arrival of Batista, 1986 glories Oscar Garré took charge of the Under-17 squad, while Julio Olarticochea did his part with the Under-15 side.

The Under-20 team was not assigned to a 1986 world champion as it is the case of former striker Walter Perazzo, born and raised in Colombia, who was appointed in January this year after being one of Batista’s assistant during his stay with the youth squad.

Argentina have gone 18 years without a major title since their last Copa América victory in 1993 and the youth programme led by former coach Néstor Pekerman that reaped five world under-20 titles between 1995 and 2007 was dismantled.

For Argentina's sake, they'd better sign Carlos "El Virrey" Bianchi. I know he's too decent of a guy to work for a fucko such as Grondona, but Argentina MUST sign this guy if they want to join us, Brasil, and Uruguay in the 2014 World Cup Semi Finals.

South America's "big four" Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay, Perú.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:32 am

Here's the Estadio Nacional, Rosicky. A better view.

http://panoramas.pe/estadionacional.html

I'm so glad we've got our stadium back. This is where England were utterly destroyed, where Rapid Vienna (Europe's best team in the early 50's) were demolished by Alianza Lima. This is where Bayern Munich (European champions) were HUMILIATED by Alianza Lima. The Germans then went to Colombia, and then Colombians asked them "what happened in Perú" and they said "in Perú they play football from another world". Biggrin

Cubillas, Sotíl, and Baylón utterly destroyed Muller, Hoeness, Beckenbauer, Maier and company.

The Sleeping Giant is waking up! FINALLY FFS!
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:40 am

Puro wrote:South America's "big four" Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay, Perú.

If that's the Fab 4, Peru are the very much the Ringo Starr.

Stadium looks nice. I'm sure Ringo had a nice drumkit too Ale
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:24 am

Puro wrote:

lol!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Effenberg wrote:
    Puro wrote:

lol!

If and when we meet (hopefully in Brasil 2014) in a single elimination match in the KO stages, it's gonna be Alianza Lima - Bayern Munich all over again, TOTAL HUMILIATION! Just watch.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:01 pm

In much the same way that if I ever come face to face with Roy Keane, I will bitchslap the mofo, or if you come across Ricky Hatton, you will kick his fat ass. Ale
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:19 pm

debaser wrote:
    Puro wrote:South America's "big four" Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay, Perú.

If that's the Fab 4, Peru are the very much the Ringo Starr.

Stadium looks nice. I'm sure Ringo had a nice drumkit too Ale

In actual fact, Peru are more like Stuart Sutcliffe.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Sabella named new Argentina coach

Alejandro Sabella has been named Argentina's new coach to replace Sergio Batista.

Sabella, 56, coached Estudiantes to the Copa Libertadores and had been due to take charge of Al-Jazira in the United Arab Emirates before Batista's exit, which was prompted by a disappointing Copa America showing.

Jose Luis Meiszner, the general secretary of the Argentine Football Association, told Telam: "The decision has been taken. Sabella is the choice."

Sabella will be instructed to make a success of one of world football's most talented squads, where he will be able to pick from the likes of Lionel Messi, Javier Mascherano, Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez, Gonzalo Higuain and Angel Di Maria, amongst others.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/938341/alejandro-sabella-to-succeed-sergio-batista-as-argentina-coach?cc=5739

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:27 am