Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
S4P
Sgoater1
stinger
Antarion
Aristoskank
Murray
Protheus
Sheffield gunner
Fade out
COTR
OP9
Pras_tama
Hlebagone
TheCrazy58
shazlx
TITO
Isco Benny
Super Progress
Jaime
debaser
blutgraetsche
mongrel hawk
Juligen
Kroos
Chocolate Thunder
Rosicky
Luis
Xavier
Allez les rouges
Fey
Black Magic
fcb
Pierre Littbarski
Oleguerisntthatbad
bluenine
Formerly known as sheva7
christmasborocooper
Calidad
Barrilete
Puro
44 posters

COPA AMERICA

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

COPA AMERICA Empty COPA AMERICA

Post by Puro Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:03 am

Group A: Venezuela, Uruguay, Perú, Bolivia.
    Group B: Brasil, Ecuador, Chile, México.
    Group C: Argentina, Paraguay, Colombia, USA.

Group A: We can win the group OR finish last. We are that fickle! Biggrin
    Group B: "Group of Death". Brasil obvious favorites, but then it's a toss up.
    Group C: Argentina start as favorites, but don't count any of the others out.

Top two from each group advance, and also the TWO best third place teams. It all starts June 26th. I think Argentina will win it. Sorry Todo and Sheva! Biggrin <Ale>
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

COPA AMERICA Empty Re: COPA AMERICA

Post by Barrilete Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:22 am

Shhhh, Puro don't even mention it you will jinx it...and we specially can't affor to be jinxed...I'm still bitter for those two Adriano goals by the end of each half on last copa's final...moth$%&#@\º*ç$%6
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:29 am

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Shhhh, Puro don't even mention it you will jinx it...and we specially can't affor to be jinxed...I'm still bitter for those two Adriano goals by the end of each half on last copa's final...moth$%&#@\º*ç$%6

That Brasil comeback was something else wasn't it. Don't worry Barrilete. I am convinced Argentina will win Copa América just like my picking Italia to win the WC. Besides I usually get it right. It's just this season with Liverpool and all their injuries that are letting me down. Biggrin <Ale>

I watched Boca struggled against Bolivar. Man, if Boca don't get it together you may be KO in group stage by Cienciano and Toluca. Vamos Cienciano Campeón!
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:30 am

Where in Peru are you from Puro? I visited quite a few places in Peru, when I travelled around South America.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:34 am

Puro wrote:
    Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Shhhh, Puro don't even mention it you will jinx it...and we specially can't affor to be jinxed...I'm still bitter for those two Adriano goals by the end of each half on last copa's final...moth$%&#@\º*ç$%6

That Brasil comeback was something else wasn't it. Don't worry Barrilete. I am convinced Argentina will win Copa América just like my picking Italia to win the WC. Besides I usually get it right. It's just this season with Liverpool and all their injuries that are letting me down. Biggrin <Ale>

I watched Boca struggled against Bolivar. Man, if Boca don't get it together you may be KO in group stage by Cienciano and Toluca. Vamos Cienciano Campeón!

hey we were playing 3600(is Cuzco higher?) m above the sea level man it's not easy...bah we really should have won our forwards have been letting us down recently(despite the 4-0 of last weekend)...anyway I expect Toluca to make a good start don't you? Wink
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:37 am

And I went to Buenos Aires Cosmico - beautiful city (along with many other places in Argie) Smile

Group B looks like the group of death. Should be an interesting tournament.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:45 am

Calidad wrote:And I went to Buenos Aires Cosmico - beautiful city (along with many other places in Argie) Smile
    Very Happy ok ok

my city is lovely, shame about the ppl though Wink ...nahh ceriously wouldn't live anywhere else
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:46 am

@Barrilete

Do you consider the term "Argies" offensive?

Someone from Argentina, living over here told me I shouldnt say it.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:53 am

borocooper wrote:@Barrilete

well at first it certainly struck me how used the term was, but I wouldn't consider it offensive(on an internet board)
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:55 am

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:

well at first it certainly struck me how used the term was, but I wouldn't consider it offensive(on an internet board)

I see...fair enough. I think its used more through laziness than offensiveness anyway...just this guy seemed to be telling me I was a racist.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:38 am

I don't think that Brasil and Argentina will send their A squads. No Kaka, Lucio, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Gilberto Silva, etc. The boys will be very motivated and will do everything to convince Dunga that they deserve to be called up for the WC Qualifyings.

Btw Luisao scored the first goal against Argentina. About the second goal...I confess I've never celebrated so much a brazilian goal since the 94 WC.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:01 am

..Jesus I would have sworn Adriano had scored the first, no kidding, ever since the day after the game! scratch ...it seems I've directed some insults to the wrong player...he still deserves a major quota of my cursing...Ahh...I have the image of Tevez retaining possession on your half waiting for the game to end...it was good while it lasted
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:09 am

borocooper wrote:
    Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:

I see...fair enough. I think its used more through laziness than offensiveness anyway...just this guy seemed to be telling me I was a racist.

well I can't really say since I haven't lived anywhere where I'd be a minority but it seems to me that the racism card can be handed out too freely sometimes...you shouldn't worry
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:30 am

I am not so sure.... To me, Group C looks as tough as Brazil's group... USA are no longer the football whipping boys they used to be, and Colombia and Paraguay have decent teams... Argies should win it, but its by no means certain....

@Barrilete_Cosmico

IMO Argentina is the best squad in teh world, only if Basile can get it together...

Calidad wrote:And I went to Buenos Aires Cosmico - beautiful city (along with many other places in Argie) Smile

Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:59 pm

bluenine wrote:I am not so sure.... To me, Group C looks as tough as Brazil's group... USA are no longer the football whipping boys they used to be, and Colombia and Paraguay have decent teams... Argies should win it, but its by no means certain....

@Barrilete_Cosmico

IMO Argentina is the best squad in teh world, only if Basile can get it together...

well we certainly can play the defensive disciplined style, but I'm still waiting for Basile's team to show some creative offensive football
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:43 pm

Will Argentina and Brazil bring on their best squads?

I know that Dinho has already said he won't play. Have you heard of any other stars backing out?
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:53 pm

As Sheva said, maybe they won't bring their best squads, but it won't detract much from the tournament, because there will be others eager to prove their quality.

Maybe Dinho, Kaka, etc won't play, but I imagine players like Alvez, Maxwell, Adriano(Sevilla), Sobis, Dudu, Carvalho, Mancini, Minero, and maybe even players like Pato will be given a chance.

Not sure about the Argies (or Argentinians). I think Messi say's he wants to play, and I imagine Aguero and Tevez will feature as well, as they're on the periphery. Maybe players like Cambiasso and Ayala will give it a miss?

Where in BA do you live Cosmico?
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:08 pm

I have a fear that the US will win it.. simply because Brazil and Argentina won't take it seriousely enough..
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:11 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:
    Very Happy ok ok

my city is lovely, shame about the ppl though Wink ...nahh ceriously wouldn't live anywhere else

I lived in Palermo Viejo for 2 years... wonderful city.. defintely a place I would like to move back to at some point
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:45 pm

@ Calidad

I live at my father's place(Recoleta) or at my mothers (Palermo)...it depends on how much I quarrel with each one of them... Smile
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:14 pm

You're a lucky guy Barrillete. I visited both Recoleta (including the cemetery) and Palermo when I visited Buenos Aires. Wonderful places to live!
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:56 pm

Where is Copa held this year and what are the dates ?
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:14 pm

The Copa will be held in Venezuela. I don't know about the dates.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:10 pm

Forwards: Alvaro Recoba (Inter Milan), Carlos Bueno (Sporting Lisbon), Fabian Estoyanoff (Deportivo Coruna), Diego Forlan (Villarreal), Gonzalo Vargas (Monaco), Nicolas Vigneri (Penarol)

...No place for Chevanton Grr, Cavani, Zalayeta or Pandiani.

Fuck me they are strong up front - could have another player with CL experience to add:

Sanchez aims to persuade Castillo to play for Mexico

MEXICO CITY, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Mexico coach Hugo Sanchez said on Tuesday he was hopeful of winning the battle with Uruguay to secure the services of Olympiakos Piraeus striker Nery Castillo.

Castillo, 22, was born in Mexico of Uruguayan parents and raised in Uruguay where he began his career with Danubio as a 15-year-old. He moved to Greece one year later to join Olympiakos.

'We're confident... he will accept the invitation and join the squad,' Sanchez told reporters on Tuesday on his second day of training the team.

'Nery fits in well, because he's fast and he's a player with a goalscoring instinct,' added Sanchez. 'I'm counting on him.'

Mexico and Uruguay both tried to persuade Castillo to play for them two years ago but the player said he needed more time to decide on his choice.

Sanchez, who has brought 26 players together for a training camp, is due to name his squad next week for his first match in charge, away to the United States on Feb. 7.

Sanchez, widely regarded as the finest player Mexico has produced, was appointed coach in November after years of lobbying for the job.

He previously coached Mexico City club Pumas UNAM, where he won two successive Mexican titles, and provincial club Necaxa.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 am

Officially Argentina, Brasil, and Uruguay will be the #1 seeds in next year's Copa América, no shite! Biggrin

The draw will be November 11th.

I predict Argentina will be given Bolivia, México, and us (we'll shock them, ambush them in their own house!)

Brasil will be with Ecuador, Colombia, and Venezuela.

Uruguay with Chile, Paraguay, and Japan.

SEVEN teams (count them) reached the last 16 in last WC (Colombia and Ecuador would've also made the KO stages, but Euro gets to send shite at the expense of much much much better nations) would be eight but the USA did not want to be embarrassed again at Copa América so declined the invite.

Argentina (hosts) are my favorites, followed by Brasil. The fight for third is anyone's guess with Perú, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay, Colombia, México, Ecuador, Japan ready to make some noise.

If you really want a darkhorse coming out of nowhere to shock EVERYONE, and that is us, to shock the world. TRUE FUCKING STORY MES AMIS! Whoop

We'll be the real deal!
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 am

Japan? WTF?
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Yeah, they give out invitations to countries in other continents. They've been wanting Spain to participate for many years apparently.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Black Magic wrote:Yeah, they give out invitations to countries in other continents. They've been wanting Spain to participate for many years apparently.

Spain will NEVER play in Copa América. They're too scared to play American teams in América. They've turned it down three times already saying "the calendar is full with international matches". Biggrin

Copa América is always played during June-July-August when there are no FIFA dates, just like World Cups.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Why is Suriname not invited? Not good enough?

Makes more sense then Japan tbh.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:10 pm

fcb wrote:Japan? WTF?

Huge Japanese communities in Perú and Brasil. Japan has played before in Copa América, they liked the competition so much, they always invite South American teams to play in Japan. As a result of this, them Japanese have learned to play football, and WILL be a force in the near future. They can at least string two passes together, they're a decent team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm