Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Mexicanbecks
Parks lives
EMP
Riviera
DS
zen and the art of
TM
Oleguerisntthatbad
Ricardo Jol
golsud
La Saeta Rubia
Jaime
Luis
Super Progress
Torrente
Rosicky
NCFC
blutgraetsche
Lard
fcb
toon h
25 posters

La Liga run-in

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

La Liga run-in - Page 4 Empty Re: La Liga run-in

Post by Parks lives Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:35 pm

zen and the art of wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:Only Chelsea could afford that.

Chelsea don't have Cisse to sweeten the deal Razz

£27m-£33m is hardly out of the realms of possibility. It's what yous lot paid for Rooney, Veron, Rio et al.

Maybe, though Rio and Rooney were almost guarenteed for what we needed.

Villa would fit in the Veron mould, amazing player but will he adjust and will Rafa want to spend that much knowing it will be a massive gamble.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:36 pm

If Villa can be had for 35m. euro we should be in with an offer.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Number of posts : 3485
    Supports : Cádiz C.F y Norwich City F.C
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by NCFC Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:38 pm

As Zen said though it isn't out of the realms of possibility. Its all about how much money Valencia would accept. Because the way I look at it - I think Villa is very tempted by Liverpool. He has friends their, would receive a higher wage and it would be a new challenge. I hope what ever is best for Valencia happens. I would say if over 30 million is offered - it would be best to sell. Otherwise - I would keep him.
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Number of posts : 299
    Registration date : 2007-04-04

Post by zen and the art of Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:39 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ wrote:As Zen said though it isn't out of the realms of possibility. Its all about how much money Valencia would accept. Because the way I look at it - I think Villa is very tempted by Liverpool. He has friends their, would receive a higher wage and it would be a new challenge. I hope what ever is best for Valencia happens. I would say if over 30 million is offered - it would be best to sell. Otherwise - I would keep him.

I'd give them the extra £3m just to take Cisse off our books aswell Ale

He'd be a quality replacement. I don't think there's a more perfect match for Villa in terms of guile and work rate than our Djibril.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:41 pm

Thing is, Obi do you even know what your budget is?
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Post by zen and the art of Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:43 pm

Parks lives wrote:Thing is, Obi do you even know what your budget is?

Not the slightest. All Hicks has said is "If Rawfar comes to us with a player, we'll see what we can do and try to sign him if we think it's feesable. Y'all."
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:48 pm

Here's something that will cheer you up -

Liverpool will make a bid for Udinese's Italian World Cup-winning striker Vincenzo Iaquinta. (Daily Mirror)

Very Happy
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:49 pm

EMP wrote:Sorry Zen, I thought you could reply in the middle of other people's replies by quotes. The bit below is my response.

Because Valencia doesn't have to sell unless it is in our interests to do so. We are not going to give him away just because Liverpool want him. It has to be in our interests to sell him. And that goes for anyone else interested in him as well. You might get him, but it will cost you ridiculous money. Just out of interest how much do you think it will cost you to get him?

I'm not disagreeing with any of that mate. Though, if the player wants to leave, there's very little you can actually do these days. As for the price? I don't believe the £40m+ talk. I'll take a stab in the dark at somewhere between £27m-£33m - not sure what that is in euros.

Maybe we could throw in Cisse to sweeten the deal Wink

Even if Villa wants to leave we can still hold out for a fair evaluation. We gave you Aurelio for free, Sissoko for way below his worth - Quique's fault - and you got Benitez for free. We are nice people, but there are limits to our charity. Very Happy

I can see it makes sense for Liverpool. Even Villa may entertain the idea, but if he goes we have to get his worth. I think he has a long contract, so we can afford to play a waiting game with him. He threw a massive strop earlier with Quique, but Quique won in the end. If he only had a year to go, I can understand it, but I'm pretty sure he signed an extension earlier with a huge buy-out clause. Don't forget that we know that you have new investment come in. We can afford to wait until your offer meets ours expectations of his worth. We can afford to wait it out with him for an offer of £40m+. We do tend to get talented youngsters pretty cheap. Look at David Silva. On loan last season - Spanish international this. We can wait for an offer we like. Does your offer of Cisse come with compensation for us taking him? Very Happy
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Post by zen and the art of Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:51 pm

Parks lives wrote:Here's something that will cheer you up -

Liverpool will make a bid for Udinese's Italian World Cup-winning striker Vincenzo Iaquinta. (Daily Mirror)

Very Happy

Sad I bet Pierre's creamed himself at the prospect of the Italian Andy Johnson tearing up the Premiership.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:52 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    kas wrote:
    Oleguerisntthatgreat wrote:
    nCfC-CaDiZ wrote:Why can Luis not stand Barca?

Because we question Liverpool's entertainment value, I think..

Plus I laughed when he was talking about signing Eto'o and I explained that Liverpool isn't really seen as a massive club in Spain. More like England's answer to Atlético, with an added sprinkling of Spanish influence.. Burst his bubble..

He still firmly believes Liverpool will sign one of Etoo or Villa this summer. Not saying it can't happen (and I'm only referring to Villa here) but that's quite a dream.

Mad Villa is not for sale unless extremely stupid money is offered, or we collapse so badly that we don't get European football next season. I believe he has signed a contract extension that involves a huge buy-out clause. Why should we sell him unless it makes sense for us? Not even Carboni is stupid enoiugh to sell a great player for less than he is worth.

Say if 30-40 million was offered. Surely that would be tempting. It would allow you to build a squad that could compete with any side in Europe if in the right hands, ie: the hands of Flores not Carboni....
    to be honest i already think valencia has the best squad in spain and one of the best in europe. they need a good passer in the middle like pizzaro from roma. and for that i dont think they need to sell. and more importantly if valencia sell they show a sign of weakness by selling their most important player.
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Post by zen and the art of Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:54 pm

EMP wrote:
    EMP wrote:Sorry Zen, I thought you could reply in the middle of other people's replies by quotes. The bit below is my response.

Because Valencia doesn't have to sell unless it is in our interests to do so. We are not going to give him away just because Liverpool want him. It has to be in our interests to sell him. And that goes for anyone else interested in him as well. You might get him, but it will cost you ridiculous money. Just out of interest how much do you think it will cost you to get him?

I'm not disagreeing with any of that mate. Though, if the player wants to leave, there's very little you can actually do these days. As for the price? I don't believe the £40m+ talk. I'll take a stab in the dark at somewhere between £27m-£33m - not sure what that is in euros.

Even if Villa wants to leave we can still hold out for a fair evaluation. We gave you Aurelio for free, Sissoko for way below his worth - Quique's fault - and you got Benitez for free. We are nice people, but there are limits to our charity. Very Happy

I can see it makes sense for Liverpool. Even Villa may entertain the idea, but if he goes we have to get his worth. I think he has a long contract, so we can afford to play a waiting game with him. He threw a massive strop earlier with Quique, but Quique won in the end. If he only had a year to go, I can understand it, but I'm pretty sure he signed an extension earlier with a huge buy-out clause. Don't forget that we know that you have new investment come in. We can afford to wait until your offer meets ours expectations of his worth. We can afford to wait it out with him for an offer of £40m+. We do tend to get talented youngsters pretty cheap. Look at David Silva. On loan last season - Spanish international this. We can wait for an offer we like. Does your offer of Cisse come with compensation for us taking him? Very Happy

All fair points. I can't see us paying the £40+ though. It's the same thing before every transfer window. Clubs put ridiculous price tags on players but never follow through. Designed purely to scare off suitors but it never does.

Your youth system is exceptional, but not without it's flaws. Gavilan had as many assists as Ronaldinho last season and he's 3rd choice for your left wing this.

As far as Cisse is concerned... No compensation I'm afraid, but we'll pay for his trips to the barber Ale
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Jaime wrote:If Villa can be had for 35m. euro we should be in with an offer.
    dont even think of it. valencia would do anything they can to avoid selling to us even if it means ignoring a bid from us that is 10mil+ more then others. i truly believe that it would be impossible for us to sign him with a bid under 40mil.
    EMP
    EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:05 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    kas wrote:

Plus I laughed when he was talking about signing Eto'o and I explained that Liverpool isn't really seen as a massive club in Spain. More like England's answer to Atlético, with an added sprinkling of Spanish influence.. Burst his bubble..

He still firmly believes Liverpool will sign one of Etoo or Villa this summer. Not saying it can't happen (and I'm only referring to Villa here) but that's quite a dream.

But that is the problem. Transfers are negotiated by Technical Directors in Spain. Carboni, not Quique decides how the money is spent. Aimar was sold to some extent behind Quique's back and the Ayala fiasco the same. Quique even had to call a press conference to sabotage a transfer Carboni was negotiating last summer and the transfer of Tavano was clearly not one that Quique wanted. If transfers done were the ones the coach wanted then okay, but you can't trust Carboni not get some Italian talewnt that is not part of the coach's plans. Better keep Villa than let Carboni waste £40m.

Mad Villa is not for sale unless extremely stupid money is offered, or we collapse so badly that we don't get European football next season. I believe he has signed a contract extension that involves a huge buy-out clause. Why should we sell him unless it makes sense for us? Not even Carboni is stupid enoiugh to sell a great player for less than he is worth.

Say if 30-40 million was offered. Surely that would be tempting. It would allow you to build a squad that could compete with any side in Europe if in the right hands, ie: the hands of Flores not Carboni....
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:09 pm

Sorry did it again.

@nCFC - Cadiz. But that is the problem. Transfers are negotiated by Technical Directors in Spain. Carboni, not Quique decides how the money is spent. Aimar was sold to some extent behind Quique's back and the Ayala fiasco the same. Quique even had to call a press conference to sabotage a transfer Carboni was negotiating last summer and the transfer of Tavano was clearly not one that Quique wanted. If transfers done were the ones the coach wanted then okay, but you can't trust Carboni not get some Italian talewnt that is not part of the coach's plans. Better keep Villa than let Carboni waste £40m.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:21 pm

EMP wrote:Sorry did it again.

@nCFC - Cadiz. But that is the problem. Transfers are negotiated by Technical Directors in Spain. Carboni, not Quique decides how the money is spent. Aimar was sold to some extent behind Quique's back and the Ayala fiasco the same. Quique even had to call a press conference to sabotage a transfer Carboni was negotiating last summer and the transfer of Tavano was clearly not one that Quique wanted. If transfers done were the ones the coach wanted then okay, but you can't trust Carboni not get some Italian talewnt that is not part of the coach's plans. Better keep Villa than let Carboni waste £40m.

I suppose. Carboni was a great servant to Valencia - so logic would say that he would sign the players that are best for the football club - which seems to be the opposite to what is happening. At least I hope Flores gets the chance in the next couple of seasons, but I think if the politics drag on Villa could eventually want out?
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:23 pm

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:
    Jaime wrote:If Villa can be had for 35m. euro we should be in with an offer.
    dont even think of it. valencia would do anything they can to avoid selling to us even if it means ignoring a bid from us that is 10mil+ more then others. i truly believe that it would be impossible for us to sign him with a bid under 40mil.

Sorry, but Liverpool have more chance than you of getting Villa. Carboni leaves much to be desired, but he knows he would be lynched if he strengthened Madrid by giving them our star player. You would have to pay his buy-out in full and if he did we'd lynch him ourselves!
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:24 pm

EMP wrote:

All fair points. I can't see us paying the £40+ though. It's the same thing before every transfer window. Clubs put ridiculous price tags on players but never follow through. Designed purely to scare off suitors but it never does.

Your youth system is exceptional, but not without it's flaws. Gavilan had as many assists as Ronaldinho last season and he's 3rd choice for your left wing this.

As far as Cisse is concerned... No compensation I'm afraid, but we'll pay for his trips to the barber Ale

No compensation: No deal.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Post by NCFC Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:25 pm

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:
    nCfC-CaDiZ wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    kas wrote:

to be honest i already think valencia has the best squad in spain and one of the best in europe. they need a good passer in the middle like pizzaro from roma. and for that i dont think they need to sell. and more importantly if valencia sell they show a sign of weakness by selling their most important player.

Only.....it has been ravaged by injury. Will players like Edu and Baraja be the same once they return? I think they need to make a couple more world class signings to be truly classed up with the best, first XI wise that is, the squad in general is strong, yes. Would like to see them make a couple of additions. A Left back and a central midfielder would be the most important.
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:36 pm

nCfC-CaDiZ wrote:
    EMP wrote:Sorry did it again.

I suppose. Carboni was a great servant to Valencia - so logic would say that he would sign the players that are best for the football club - which seems to be the opposite to what is happening. At least I hope Flores gets the chance in the next couple of seasons, but I think if the politics drag on Villa could eventually want out?

The politics at Valencia is the biggest problem at the club. Carboni was a great player for us. He even welcomed Quique to Mestalla, but Quique was ever reluctant to give him playing time in his final season. Carboni never forgave the slight, even refusing to sign cover during the spate of injuries this season, by saying he lasted without cover last season (meaning didn't play Carboni even when he was the obvious choice). He then said he could have players back from loan or affiliated lower clubs, but no signing because of the spending in the summer. Bit of a cheek really considering how obviously surplus to requirements Tavano was.

Valencia needs to give Flores time. It is this stupidity that cost us Benitez. If it happens again then this board need shooting. Soler needs to bang heads together and force Carboni and Quique to work together. If not this idiocy will result not just in Villa losing patience but others as well. We are the only team that has to playu against ourselves as well as our opponents. Mad
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by La Saeta Rubia Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:36 pm

I wouldnt be so sure that Villa isn't for sale, apparently Valencia are very interested in Luis Garcia from Espanyol and considering paying his contract clause 12m euros as a replacement.

Rumours also flying around that Valencia want to buy back Ayala from Villarreal for 6m euros !
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:21 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:I wouldnt be so sure that Villa isn't for sale, apparently Valencia are very interested in Luis Garcia from Espanyol and considering paying his contract clause 12m euros as a replacement.

Rumours also flying around that Valencia want to buy back Ayala from Villarreal for 6m euros !

Villa might go, but we don't have to sell him. If we sell him it has to make good sense for us, meaning it has to be an offer we like. Why should we sell him for less than he is worth? Meet our evaluation and he can go if he wants to, but this is not the January sales. We could get Luis Garcia to strengthen the squad. Doesn't mean we are selling Villa. We might, but we want silly money for him. Why should we settle for less?
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:28 pm

If I was Valencia I wouldn't sell Villa for less than 40 million euros, if he does get sold in the first place, that is.
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:11 pm

€40m is not enough. That isn't even £30m. Even Obi was offering more than that!
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:14 pm

EMP wrote:€40m is not enough. That isn't even £30m. Even Obi was offering more than that!

Then you have effectively priced him out of the market.. Good for you!!
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:16 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:I wouldnt be so sure that Villa isn't for sale, apparently Valencia are very interested in Luis Garcia from Espanyol and considering paying his contract clause 12m euros as a replacement.

Too bad we didn't just keep Luis Garcia in the first place! Doh
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:02 pm

EMP wrote:€40m is not enough. That isn't even £30m. Even Obi was offering more than that!

Then you have effectively priced him out of the market.. Good for you!!
    cheers cheers cheers
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:21 pm

EMP supports?
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:22 pm

The Catalans in disguise.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:26 pm

Catalans ='s theives, whores, druggies etc Ale
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by toon h Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:07 pm

Another week, another helter skelter ride at the top.

the table looks like this now.

1 Barcelona 31 59
    2 Sevilla 31 58
    3 Real Madrid 31 57
    4 Zaragoza 31 53
    5. Valencia 31 53

games left:

matchday .... Barcelona ........ Sevilla ............ Madrid

32 ............... Levante (H) ...... Espanyol (H) .... Athletic (A)
    33 ............... Sociedad (A) .... R Madrid (A) ..... Sevilla (H)
    34 ............... Betis (H) .......... Recre (H) ......... Espanyol (H)
    35 ............... Atlético (A) ...... Depor (A) ......... Recre (A)
    36 ............... Getafe (H) ....... Zaragoza (H) .... Depor (H)
    37 ............... Espanyol (H) .... Mallorca (A) ...... Zaragoza (A)
    38 ............... Nastic (A) ........ Villarreal (H) ..... Mallorca (H)

things tightening up at the top. Valencia and Zaragoza lurking in the shadows. Are they out of it? Not the way the top 3 are spilling points...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:16 am