Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+48
Dejan Savićević
Tom
Cornicello
Six
Chocolate Thunder
Tarun
Murray
4-3-3
blutgraetsche
abundance
Khadrim
christmasborocooper
Sgoater1
TheCrazy58
Batman
Fantantonio
L r dd
COTR
Fade out
Pras_tama
Super Progress
Tweesus
BrianS
briz
TM
Pierre Littbarski
DeLux
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Deano
DS
Black Magic
Red n' Black
EM Seleção e Selecção
Rosicky
Cesc Soler
Gigliati
fcb
3zycupid
Axeslammer
EMP
juvealè
BoBo Vieri 32
The Easter Bunny
Jaime
Ricardo Jol
bluenine
Calidad
Pirlo
52 posters

ITALIA - LA SQUADRA AZZURRA 2008-09

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

ITALIA - LA SQUADRA AZZURRA 2008-09 - Page 7 Empty Re: ITALIA - LA SQUADRA AZZURRA 2008-09

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Il Dragone wrote:
    Yeh plain fact is we need him. It's SO stupid for us to leave out our best and most creative forward. Lippi didn't even bring Rossi on either, which again was a questionable decision.

Is it only me who thought that Pepe actually had a good game... he work rate was impressive, he was playing in the midfield and attack, running tirelessly.

I know I have been a big critic of Pepe starting, and wanted Rossi/Quag to start instead, but I must admit that Pepe was not that bad this time... I am beginning to understand what Lippi see's in him.

That said, when Italy plays a top team, they will need more creative talent... and thats where players like Cassano, DP and Rossi will be needed. Lippi will need to start at least one of these players against a top side.
    bluenine
    bluenine

ITALIA - LA SQUADRA AZZURRA 2008-09 - Page 7 Empty Re: ITALIA - LA SQUADRA AZZURRA 2008-09

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:46 pm

GianDeano Zola wrote:That's ridiculous though...He was barely given a chance at Madrid...at Roma he had behaviour issues...but was still a class player for them.

He has calmed down alot since then, and has finally grown up. I think Cassano is the answer to alot of them tbh...what other problems do you see?

I think Italy have a midfield problem. In this 433, you need really top quality midfielders to make the required impact, specially against a top team. De Rossi is one, for sure. Pirlo, if he continues his good form, is another. But the players Lippi has been trying out for that 3rd role have been poor so far. Maybe if Gattuso comes back and regains his best form, that will be a solution. But till them, IMO Italy lack a quality DM in the midfield for the 433 to work.
    Fantantonio
    Fantantonio

Number of posts : 13
    Supports : AS Roma
    Favourite Player : Francesco Totti, Philippe Mexès & Marco Motta
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by Fantantonio Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 am

A lack of creativity will cost the Azzurri come South Africa. Giuseppe Rossi needs to start ahead of the likes of Fabio Quagliarella & Simone Pepe whom aren't of an international standard.

Wolfgang Stark got the Pazzini incident all wrong.

Fantantonio.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:03 am

Welcome to the board Fantantonio!
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Just thinking aloud... what should Italy's starting XI be for WC2010?

If Lippi sticks with 433, then I think the starting XI should be:
    Buffon
    Motta - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Zambrotta
    De Rossi - Gattuso
    Pirlo
    Iaquinta - Floccari - Rossi

Back up XI (strictly 433):
    Amelia
    Santon - Gamberini - Bocchetti - Grosso
    Marchisio - Brighi
    Montolivo
    Di Natale - Toni - Del Piero

Maybe 433 is not the best system for Italy... so I think Lippi should at least consider the 442 as a back up system. Which would mean taking at least one good attacking winger (Rosina/Foggia/Camoranesi) in place of Brighi or Marchisio, and one fantasista (Cassano) instead of a wide player (DP or Di Natale).

To explain some of my choices above, IMO:
    1. Marchisio > Perrotta/Palombo/Brighi
    2. Floccari >> Gila/Pazzini/Inzaghi/etc
    3. Iaquinta >> Quag/Pepe
    4. Rossi & DP >> Quag/Pepe
    5. Montolivo = Aquilani, any one will do
    6. Bocchetti > Santacroce at the mo
    7. Zambrotta > Grosso at LB
    8. Motta > Zambrotta at RB
    9. Santon is a good back up for LB, RB and on the wings
    10. The 23rd spot should go to Abiatti or Bizarri as the 3rd choice keeper
    11. Gattuso to be included only if he regains the form we saw earlier this season

Considering all this, my squad selection for Lippi would be (at the mo, things could change in 1 year):
    GKs: Buffon, Amelia, Abiatti
    Def: Motta, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Zambrotta, Santon, Gamberini, Bocchetti, Grosso
    Mid: De Rossi, Pirlo, Gattuso, Marchisio, Rosina, Montolivo
    Str: Iaquinta, Floccari, Rossi, Di Natale, Cassano, Toni

Players to watch out for in one season who could make a strong claim for a position depending on form: Del Piero, Balotelli, Foggia, Palombo, Maggio, Aquilani, Santacroce, Acquafresca, Giovinco, Bizarri, Perrotta, Camoranesi, etc.

Last edited by bluenine on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Here's my ideal XI (it is not realtistic that Lippi will pick this though):

Buffon
    Motta Gamberini Chiellini Zambrotta
    Pirlo
    Gattuso-----De Rossi
    Montolivo
    Gilardino Cassano

Maybe put Aquilani instead of Montolivo if he can stay fit.

I'm pretty sure Lippi will ditch the 4-3-3 at some stage. A 3 man midfield will get outplayed by the top teams. He realised this in 06 and switched to a 4-4-2. He will probably do the same this time round aswell.
    Fantantonio
    Fantantonio

Number of posts : 13
    Supports : AS Roma
    Favourite Player : Francesco Totti, Philippe Mexès & Marco Motta
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by Fantantonio Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:58 pm

My Ideal XI

----------------- Buffon -----------------
    Motta - Gamberini - Chiellini - Grosso
    ------ De Rossi - Pirlo - Gattuso ------
    ------------- Rossi - Cassano -------------
    ------------------ Toni ------------------

There's plenty of youngsters coming through but we won't see any sweeping changes if any until after 2010.

Balotelli, Aquilani, Montolivo, Santon, Acquafresca, Giovinco, Santacroce, Marchisio, Rosina, Pazzini & Bocchetti - The future is bright.

Fantantonio.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Il Dragone wrote:Here's my ideal XI (it is not realtistic that Lippi will pick this though):

Buffon
    Motta Gamberini Chiellini Zambrotta
    Pirlo
    Gattuso-----De Rossi
    Montolivo
    Gilardino Cassano

Maybe put Aquilani instead of Montolivo if he can stay fit.

I'm pretty sure Lippi will ditch the 4-3-3 at some stage. A 3 man midfield will get outplayed by the top teams. He realised this in 06 and switched to a 4-4-2. He will probably do the same this time round aswell.
    ok
    Looks great to me allthough I agree that Aquilani should play instead of Montolivo. So far Lippi has been a disapointment as I see it with his choices of players and tactics.

Blue
    Why no Cassano? It can't because you think he can't play on slightly on the wing because you have Del Piero and Rossi in those same positions.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Super Madrid wrote:Blue
    Why no Cassano? It can't because you think he can't play on slightly on the wing because you have Del Piero and Rossi in those same positions.
    I don't think Cassano fits into Lippi's 433. DP and Rossi are better suited. But as you can see, I woudl still include him in the squad as a plan B.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:50 pm

bluenine wrote:
    I don't think Cassano fits into Lippi's 433. DP and Rossi are better suited. But as you can see, I woudl still include him in the squad as a plan B.

I think Cassano is more suited to play on the wing than Del Piero. Cassano palyed on the left side of a front 3 last season for Sampdoria. We've seen many times for the Azzurri that Del Piero is not suited to the wide roles, especially at his age now.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:57 pm

Il Dragone wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

I think Cassano is more suited to play on the wing than Del Piero. Cassano palyed on the left side of a front 3 last season for Sampdoria. We've seen many times for the Azzurri that Del Piero is not suited to the wide roles, especially at his age now.
    Plus Cassano had his best period for Italy at the Euros 04 on the left!
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:57 pm

I had a long as fuck post that I accidently deleted before I could press Send. No Crying or Very sad
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:41 pm

I'll try and remember bits and pieces of what I had typed out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Perrotta was slotted straight back into a starting spot when he comes back. It was Lippi who added him to the starting 11 and by all accounts was pleased with his performances.

I thought Pirlo was quite impressive in the game against Montenegro, particularly in the first half. Hopefully that bods well as he's been quite guff for the past few months for Milan. He'll be very important to Italy's chances of regaining the WC. His Deep-Lying midfield role can be quite difficult to mark, which is a great advantage in a tournament setting.

The defence was very shaky against Montenegro, Jovetic was running things, creating for himself and others. What will happen when Italy have to face Aguero, Kalou or Pato?

There isn't any cohesion at the back that has held Italy in good stead in the past. I think a lot of that has to do with the understanding of each player, which will develop over time. But at the same time, personnel changes need to be made; Cannavaro simply has to go, I'd slot Gamberini in to partner Chiellini. (If only Nesta was 5 years younger and fully fit)

Palombo was poor against the Montenegrins as well. The only spots that are set in stone in the Starting midfield for SA are DDR and Pirlo. When Pirlo went off against Ireland at the half there was a real lack of creativity, almost none tbh. If Lippi is going to have such a conservative midfield I feel Cassano is needed. I'd personally be starting him at the Trequartista role anyway, but he's a must for South Africa, especially when a situation arises like against the Irish.

I hope Quagliarella is given an opportunity to show his worth with a start in a friendly or qualifier, I think he has something to add to this Italian side.

I hope Toni can hit the heights he's capable of. He really is one of the most creative frontmen in the business, thats as important as the goals he scores. I know I keep going on about creativity, but judging by the last few games, not a lot has been created by the Azzurri, I worry for that leading up to the WC. And it isn't something they aren't capable of doing, there are a plethora of creative/good passers in around the squad, take advantage of that.

---------------Buffon-------------
    Motta---Gamberini---Chiellini---Grosso
    ------De Rossi---Pirlo---???-------
    ---------------Cassano-------------
    ------------???-----Toni------------

Overly attacking perhaps, and it would force DDR to play a lot more defensively as opposed to his more box to box style.

I wouldn't take Gattuso to another WC, but there aren't a lot of other options. Brighi has had a really good break out season, I'm not sure I'd be giving him a permanent starting role in midfield though. Bring back Tommasi! Biggrin <Ale>

I'd employ an SS to partner Toni, Rossi is probably the go and the safest option. Giovinco is really talented, and he'll get his opportunities to shine in future World Cups no doubt, but is he ready? He'd probably be put on the wing if he was to be selected anyway. Di Natale has been given chances and has really disappointed, again I'd like to see Quag get an extended run in the side.

Lippi will probably continue his 4-3-3 though, maybe even in South Africa. I don't really like it, (the forwards either side of the targetman have continually gone missing) It'll be interesting to see how things shuffle and move around as more players are (hopefully) given an opportunity.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    Il Dragone wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

Plus Cassano had his best period for Italy at the Euros 04 on the left!

You guys get me wrong... not saying that Cassano cannot play on the wing, I am saying that he does not fit into Lippi's 433. There is a difference. Lippi's wingers are hard workers who do a lot of defensive work. His blueprint is characterised by Pepe and Camoranesi. Its sad, but true. Thats why I am hoping he uses players like Iaquinta/Balotelli on the wings instead, coz apart from the hard work, they also add some goal threat which pepe and camoranesi don't...

I am all for Cassano starting for Italy, specially if he continues his current form... but unless Lippi changes his tactics, I just don't see that happening. Lippi is unfortunately still suffering from the WC06 hangover. He NEEDS to realise that in 2006 he had Totti, and thats why those tactics worked. Now there is no Totti, so he needs to change things somewhat.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri May 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Best piece of news I have heard about the azzurri since the WC win... Lippi seems to have had a change of heart, and is planning to try loads of new faces!! Italy need this so badly!! I hope he selects the players who have been in form this season...

Lippi: New faces for Conf Cup
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marcello Lippi has promised “plenty of new faces and prizes for those who have done well in Serie A” for the Confederations Cup. Initially the Italy Coach had said he was sticking with the regular squad used in World Cup qualifying, but seems to have changed his mind.

“The next call-ups will see plenty of new faces and prizes for those who have done well in Serie A,” he said at a charity event in Genoa. “The Confederations Cup is going to be an important testing ground, a competition I hope to go through all the way. “It is part of the process where I aim to build a unified group similar to the one that lifted the World Cup.”

The tournament is a warm-up for next summer’s competition in South Africa and will debut many of the new stadiums. It runs from June 14 to 28, but before then Lippi will also call a squad for the June 6 friendly with Northern Ireland. Among those who could be getting a run-out for the Nazionale are Antonio Cassano, Giuseppe Mascara, Antonio Floro Flores and Daniele Dessena. This week Cassano said he would even play as a full-back if it meant going to the Confederations Cup.

“I am happy that everyone, from age 18 to 40, dreams of a place in the Italy squad,” replied Lippi.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu May 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Lippi shocks everyone with his squad selection for the friendly against N Ireland:

Goalkeepers: De Sanctis (Galatasaray), Marchetti (Cagliari);
    Defenders: Cassani (Palermo), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Olympique Lione), Esposito (Lecce), Legrottaglie (Juventus), Santon (Inter)
    Midfielders: Biagianti (Catania), Brighi (Roma), D’Agostino (Udinese), Galloppa (Siena), Gattuso (Milan), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria)
    Strikers: Foggia (Lazio), Mascara (Catania), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Pellissier (Chievo), Rossi Giuseppe (Villarreal)

While I welcome the selections of Cassani, Gamberini, Santon (cheers ), Brighi, A'Agostino, Palombo, Foggia, & Mascara - thats 8 great selections, but there are some disappointments too.

Cassano, Santacroce, Rosina, & Floccari are some players who were more deserving of a chance than some on the list... how can anyone give Pellissier a chance over Floccari? Or Esposito over Santacroce? Or Biagianto over Rosina?

But lets forget the few disappointments on this clearly experimental team. There are 8 good idea's in that squad (at least) for me, and thats always a good thing.

The only bad news is that Lippi has also confirmed 13 players for the Confed Cup, and some names are a bit disapponting (Pepe & camoranesi in particular). Coz this means that Lippi considers these two players as "core", which I clearly don't! Below is the players confirmed to take part in the Confederations Cup:

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Palermo)
    Defenders Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Chiellini (Juventus), Zambrotta (Milan)
    Midfielders: Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Pepe (Udinese), Pirlo (Milan)
    Strikers: Gilardino (Fiorentina), Iaquinta (Juventus), Quagliarella (Udinese), Toni (Bayern Munich)
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Fri May 29, 2009 12:01 am

Sad Sad

This pretty much confirms what most fans knew and feared - Cassano will not be picked for WC2010.

Can't believe a donkey like Camoranesi STILL gets a game for the NT. He is old and not good enough.

I expect an early exit from WC2010, and hopefully it will be a wake up all to everyone that we need to use younger and more dynamic players.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat May 30, 2009 1:47 pm

Ok, so Lippi has 2-3 "favourites" (specially Camoranesi, Pepe, & Gattuso), but you gotta give a coach that... every coach has some.

You have to be excited with his squad for the friendly... there are so many new and young names there. Any more, and he would be stealing from Casiraghi's azzurrini squad. I am really excited to see how some of these kids do... players like Foggia & D'Agostino could give Lippi a headache re his favourites (Camoranesi & Pepe).... really interested to see how they perform at this stage.

The 3 notable ommisions are clearly Cassano, Rosina and Floccari. Well, you can't have it all.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Rossi scores his first goal for Italy

HT Italy [1 - 0] Northern Ireland
    20' [1 - 0] G. Rossi

lol! @ the Arsenal fans that thought Lupoli > Rossi
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Batman wrote:Rossi scores his first goal for Italy

HT Italy [1 - 0] Northern Ireland
    20' [1 - 0] G. Rossi

lol! @ the Arsenal fans that thought Lupoli > Rossi

I don't know what you're pleased about there, you let him go, and Pique Coffee
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Foggia scored a brilliant goal, coming in the second half... he is turning it on!!! Its sad that he is not in the confed squad!!

Santon has become the 2nd youngest player to ever represent Italy today since WW2. And is having an awesome game.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:22 pm

wow Foggia, just wow!!!

And.... what a goal by Pellisier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-0
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Our Under 18 team are faring ok in Italy tonight I see
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Bluenine's hype over this home friendly vs Norn Iron is one of the funniest things i have seen in a while. Very Happy
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:37 pm

LOL - One of the late subs for N. Ireland plays part-time for Crusaders after being rejected by Sheffield Utd and Rochdale on trials. Must be a great experience for him.

Santon is quality though. ok
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Rosicky wrote:Bluenine's hype over this home friendly vs Norn Iron is one of the funniest things i have seen in a while. Very Happy

You think this is the main Italy team? Its a B squad, a very experimental lineup - none of the Italy starters are playing. There was some quality play, and thats important.

Santon and D'Agostino had good debuts, and Foggia was immense... easily the MOTM. Just proves some of the things we have been discussing here, Foggia should start for Italy instead of Camoranesi/Pepe. It became quite evident today.

One of the funniest things I have seen in a while was the opening game of the T20 cricket world cup.... Holland beat England Razz

Last edited by bluenine on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Rosicky wrote:Bluenine's hype over this home friendly vs Norn Iron is one of the funniest things i have seen in a while. Very Happy

not as funny as seeing your picture.

But anyway, i don't see this hype you are talking about? He praised the goals and rightly so.

The funniest hype was that surrounding the England team going into WC 06 whih was only 3 years ago.

ITALIA - LA SQUADRA AZZURRA 2008-09 - Page 7 Ffffffffffffffffff-1

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:57 am

bluenine wrote:Just thinking aloud... what should Italy's starting XI be for WC2010?

If Lippi sticks with 433, then I think the starting XI should be:
    Buffon
    Motta - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Zambrotta
    De Rossi - Gattuso
    Pirlo
    Iaquinta - Floccari - Rossi

Back up XI (strictly 433):
    Amelia
    Santon - Gamberini - Bocchetti - Grosso
    Marchisio - Brighi
    Montolivo
    Di Natale - Toni - Del Piero

Maybe 433 is not the best system for Italy... so I think Lippi should at least consider the 442 as a back up system. Which would mean taking at least one good attacking winger (Rosina/Foggia/Camoranesi) in place of Brighi or Marchisio, and one fantasista (Cassano) instead of a wide player (DP or Di Natale).

To explain some of my choices above, IMO:
    1. Marchisio > Perrotta/Palombo/Brighi
    2. Floccari >> Gila/Pazzini/Inzaghi/etc
    3. Iaquinta >> Quag/Pepe
    4. Rossi & DP >> Quag/Pepe
    5. Montolivo = Aquilani, any one will do
    6. Bocchetti > Santacroce at the mo
    7. Zambrotta > Grosso at LB
    8. Motta > Zambrotta at RB
    9. Santon is a good back up for LB, RB and on the wings
    10. The 23rd spot should go to Abiatti or Bizarri as the 3rd choice keeper
    11. Gattuso to be included only if he regains the form we saw earlier this season

Considering all this, my squad selection for Lippi would be (at the mo, things could change in 1 year):
    GKs: Buffon, Amelia, Abiatti
    Def: Motta, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Zambrotta, Santon, Gamberini, Bocchetti, Grosso
    Mid: De Rossi, Pirlo, Gattuso, Marchisio, Rosina, Montolivo
    Str: Iaquinta, Floccari, Rossi, Di Natale, Cassano, Toni

Players to watch out for in one season who could make a strong claim for a position depending on form: Del Piero, Balotelli, Foggia, Palombo, Maggio, Aquilani, Santacroce, Acquafresca, Giovinco, Bizarri, Perrotta, Camoranesi, etc.

I like your team, but I don't think Lippi would ever start Floccari in South Africa.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:08 pm

I doubt you did but by any chance did anyone notice the N Ireland left back, just wondered cos he is an 18yr old who plays for us but hasnt broken into our first team yet.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:I doubt you did but by any chance did anyone notice the N Ireland left back, just wondered cos he is an 18yr old who plays for us but hasnt broken into our first team yet.

I do vaguely remember the LB, Mc-somethin, right?... didn't ve a good game, I am afraid... Foggia toasted him a few times, and Foggia-Santon in the second half were a bit too much for the lad to handle. He could not go forward at all, mostly coz of Santon pushing him back everytime.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:10 am