Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+59
110%
gone
Ballboy Thomas Müller
A & K
Hem fet un..
Kroos
dont panic!
MightyBarca
Machiavel
mongrel hawk
Chap
bluenine
Six
Sheffield gunner
Hlebagone
Tom
robert
Calidad
L r dd
COTR
Football Genius
Di Caniooooo!
Dick Grayson
BoBo Vieri 32
Luis
christmasborocooper
Deluded F*ck™
Murray
Jaime
Torrente
Romford Pele
Aristoskank
Zack
Roger Hunt
Dwarf
Riviera
Puro
Glenarch of the Glen
Fey
Super Progress
Pras_tama
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Deano
Chocolate Thunder
Cookie Monster
fcb
debaser
Tweesus
Barrilete
Cesc Soler
TM
Parks lives
DS
Axeslammer
The Easter Bunny
Batman
Kimbo
Rosicky
Sgoater1
63 posters

Kaka open to City move !

Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Kaka open to City move ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kaka open to City move !

Post by Sgoater1 Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:31 am

GianDeano Zola wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:*Great* news cheers

14th with Robinho, so with Kaka the attack on the 10th spot can be mounted !!!!

If that's not worth selling your soul for, I don't know what is ! Ale

We are 11th mate and 6 points behind Arsenal, judge us at the end of the season.

The league is tight Goater...anyone from 16th place onwards can go 6th/7th with 2 wins...I think we are on the same points as you? Or maybe even just one behind.

I can't see you signing Kaka unless you are in the Champions League. I know you signed Robinho, but I think he was happy with £...

Not really having a dig at City, but I think this one is just an edited chat with Kaka and press work.

Totltty agree with you mate, i dont think anyone can blame me for getting excited though, 10 years ago this season i was watching us play Macclesfield ! Everyone goes on about Hull (and credit to them) but they forget how fr we have come.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:46 am

I don't think Kaka will leave Milan before he is 30-31. I think he will probably stay with Milan until he retires. There is no chance that City will get him. With all due respect goater, your club has yet to achieve much on the pitch.

What this does bring to the fore (again, and not for the last time) is how football is completely changing. Kaka is certainly not the issue. In a few years, clubs like Manchester City, who don't exactly have a winning tradition, will be lining up with 11 Kakas. Italy and Spain won't know what hit them. The rest of Europe just cannot compete with the Prem's juggernaut. When Serie A ruled Europe it was due to a combination of financial mismanagement and many moguls with bigger eyes than their stomachs--i.e. it was a case of creative accounting (see the demise since then of Lazio, for example).

The prem, on the other hand, has allied a very healthy TV revenue distribution system, capacity crowds, merchandising, and now unscrupulous owners with unlimited amounts of cash. Furthermore, they have done this when TV money is becoming the most important source of revenue for clubs. It does not take a genius to figure out that those clubs playing catch up with the prem will indefinitely continue to do so and by 2012ish the prem will be THE best league in the world (some would say it's now), not because of any change at the grassroots level, but because of their attractiveness as a product.

Football functions in an economy, and I can't speak for Spain, but having read up on Italy, the economy there is a downright mess. It is no wonder that fiscal austerity is so prominent now in Italy.

This is where football is right now. It's personally not for me, and I am watching less and less as the days go by. I think it will be disgusting if Buffon, a symbol of Juve and Italy, lines up for City. It's not as if Serie A is any better. The big clubs run it their way, and after Moggipoli, numerous racist incidents, deaths, and Dida, it is no wonder that Italy is falling behind. Honestly, what's left of this sport?

I think we can all agree that Liverpool and Manchester United have the richest tradition in English football. Does it not seem odd that a bunch of Arabs or Russians can come and buy a team and stack it with stars to offset the club's profound lack of history? Does it also not seem grotesque that these owners have no connection to old Blighty, let alone the city? To be sure, an egalitarian method of TV rights distribution is the way forward, and so is a salary cap that makes the football more competitive. However, rather than introduce those measures, football has turned into a whore.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:58 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I don't think Kaka will leave Milan before he is 30-31. I think he will probably stay with Milan until he retires. There is no chance that City will get him. With all due respect goater, your club has yet to achieve much on the pitch.

What this does bring to the fore (again, and not for the last time) is how football is completely changing. Kaka is certainly not the issue. In a few years, clubs like Manchester City, who don't exactly have a winning tradition, will be lining up with 11 Kakas. Italy and Spain won't know what hit them. The rest of Europe just cannot compete with the Prem's juggernaut. When Serie A ruled Europe it was due to a combination of financial mismanagement and many moguls with bigger eyes than their stomachs--i.e. it was a case of creative accounting (see the demise since then of Lazio, for example).

The prem, on the other hand, has allied a very healthy TV revenue distribution system, capacity crowds, merchandising, and now unscrupulous owners with unlimited amounts of cash. Furthermore, they have done this when TV money is becoming the most important source of revenue for clubs. It does not take a genius to figure out that those clubs playing catch up with the prem will indefinitely continue to do so and by 2012ish the prem will be THE best league in the world (some would say it's now), not because of any change at the grassroots level, but because of their attractiveness as a product.

Football functions in an economy, and I can't speak for Spain, but having read up on Italy, the economy there is a downright mess. It is no wonder that fiscal austerity is so prominent now in Italy.

This is where football is right now. It's personally not for me, and I am watching less and less as the days go by. I think it will be disgusting if Buffon, a symbol of Juve and Italy, lines up for City. It's not as if Serie A is any better. The big clubs run it their way, and after Moggipoli, numerous racist incidents, deaths, and Dida, it is no wonder that Italy is falling behind. Honestly, what's left of this sport?

I think we can all agree that Liverpool and Manchester United have the richest tradition in English football. Does it not seem odd that a bunch of Arabs or Russians can come and buy a team and stack it with stars to offset the club's profound lack of history? Does it also not seem grotesque that these owners have no connection to old Blighty, let alone the city? To be sure, an egalitarian method of TV rights distribution is the way forward, and so is a salary cap that makes the football more competitive. However, rather than introduce those measures, football has turned into a whore.

Whores rule ! <Ale>

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:59 am

Very Happy

Goater, I am happy for you because you're a great poster, but I really don't think you will get Kaka'.

However, I think there is a chance that you will get Buffon.
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:31 am

If Kaka choosed City, it will be a huge step back for his career, morally n technically
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:17 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:I don't think Kaka will leave Milan before he is 30-31. I think he will probably stay with Milan until he retires. There is no chance that City will get him. With all due respect goater, your club has yet to achieve much on the pitch.

Beg to differ Smile

Aston Villa were not only founder members of the football league, but Villa's owner at the time in fact invented the football league. All before Liverpool or Man Utd existed. Now that's tradition Wink

With the other stuff, I'd argue that Premier league can only sustain a certain amount of top teams, limited by Champions league qualification. If Man City spend enough to start qualifying, it will be at someone else's expense, and that team will struggle to hold onto their stars. It can still grow in terms of attracting the very top players (WPOTY types), but it will be interesting to see if the financial crisis shifts the balance between teams, or even leagues.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by DS Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:08 pm

debaser wrote:

Beg to differ Smile

Aston Villa were not only founder members of the football league, but Villa's owner at the time in fact invented the football league. All before Liverpool or Man Utd existed. Now that's tradition Wink

With the other stuff, I'd argue that Premier league can only sustain a certain amount of top teams, limited by Champions league qualification. If Man City spend enough to start qualifying, it will be at someone else's expense, and that team will struggle to hold onto their stars. It can still grow in terms of attracting the very top players (WPOTY types), but it will be interesting to see if the financial crisis shifts the balance between teams, or even leagues.

It can be alternative like one season City does qualify next season misses out considering that they not take themselves away from the 5th team for eg Arsenal the only way Arsenal will weaken is they get a difference of quality from the top 4.
    2ndly the 5th team will be a major contender for Uefa cup.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Don't forget that from next season there are only 3 CL spots, unless UEFA have been cowards and gone back on their plans.

Should put things into perspective for Arsenal, and especially Wenger. If he doesn't realise his mistakes and sort things out, the damage could be long-term.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:35 pm

kas wrote:Don't forget that from next season there are only 3 CL spots, unless UEFA have been cowards and gone back on their plans.

Should put things into perspective for Arsenal, and especially Wenger. If he doesn't realise his mistakes and sort things out, the damage could be long-term.

I think cowards, i was looking on wiki.

Top 3 in spain, italy and england now qualify automatically for group stage. 4th place has qualification.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:07 pm

I do wonder where footbal is heading. i mean we are already in seriousness talking about players for around 70-90 mil euros. that is incredible that it could actually get to that. there is way too much money in this. it cant just rise though can it?
    Debaser is right in that Aston Villa most certianly have tradition.tradition could also mean stuff like being the first club and so forth and that deserves respect. what is worring is that in the future clubs will do whatever to get a owner. especially if City get succesful like Chelsea has. it would most certainly prove a point.
    Still think football is better shape then other popular sports like Basket Ball or American football etc. with regards to losing their soul. at least clubs can move around from city to city as they wish.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:56 pm

Kaka open to City move ! - Page 2 D2303b1372

cheers
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:04 am

City open Kaka talks
    Blues travel to Milan to begin discussions

Last updated: 13th January 2009

Manchester City have opened talks with AC Milan over the possibility of bringing Kaka to the Premier League, Sky Sports News understands.

Sky Sports News chief news reporter Bryan Swanson has learned that City chief executive Garry Cook travelled to Italy to begin preliminary discussions with officials from the Italian outfit.

The potential blockbuster transfer remains at a very early stage and no bid has been lodged, with Cook keen to test Milan's resolve to retain the services of the talented playmaker.

Club owner Silvio Berlusconi described the Brazil international as 'untransferable' earlier on Tuesday but City are yet to be put off.

City's owners the Abu Dhabi United Group proved they have the financial muscle by signing Robinho from Real Madrid in the summer in a £32.5million deal.

And they are now keen to bring the forward's compatriot to Eastlands to give manager Mark Hughes' squad real superstar quality.

Kaka admitted to Swanson in a November interview that playing in the Premier League was an ambition he hoped to realise at some stage in his playing career.

But with City currently battling to avoid relegation to the Championship, it remains to be seen if one of the most gifted players on the planet will be prepared to make the move, regardless of the riches on offer.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:06 am

It's more a case of;

Man City "We want to buy Kaka".

AC Milan "Ok, how much have you got".
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:10 am

West Ham "we need money"

West Brom "we'll give you £5m for you whole squad"

West Ham "deal"
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:12 am

Well done Glenn...a poor response with no relevance to the thread.

We need money that desperately, that we keep rejecting bids for all our best players...
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:13 am

That would be bitter sweet. Love Kaka and it would be great to see him more regularly and in the Premiership but it'd be horrible to see him at Citeh.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:17 am

Kaka.... Robinho..... Bellamy Laugh
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:18 am

Jo or Vassel ok
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:23 am

it's just madness, they're talking about a £60m transfer fee.

Stranger things have happened I suppose and if City pull it off it will surely open the floodgates for other top stars.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:29 am

I think City will move for Torres in the summer and i think he will got because Rafa will probably no longer be Liverpool manager next season.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:47 am

Word has it Kaká is THISCLOSE to signing for Citeh. You got a Shocked from me when Citeh got Robinho, but now it's a Shocked Shocked Shocked IF they also get Kaká.

The "problem" with this signing, problem for Hughes that is, will be that the Sheik will be giving a Testarrosa to Hughes when all he's capable of handling is a common 4 door sedan. Nothing against Hughes, but he won't know what to do with all that talent. I mean he's got quality players already and look where he is. Sven was in the top 5 with the same squad minus Robinho.

Perhaps Mourinho will be the Sheik's goal next for Citeh's manager. <Ale>
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:42 am

Well i did do a large post but something fucked up and cant be arsed doing it again.

Overall, this meeting shows Milan are interested in selling. We have an incredible amount of money to spend and it is now possible that deal might, just might happen. If we get him it will be incredible and i will have a massive power wank.
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:27 am

The Easter Bunny wrote:Jo or Vassel ok

Kaka...Robinho...Vassel Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:45 am

I actually would love Kaka in the prem, to be honest.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:10 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7827696.stm

This surely isn't serious, right? 500 thousand a week? Are they joking? 26 million a year? 26 million?!!
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:12 am

That will inflate the market, like never before.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:19 am

GianDeano Zola wrote:Well done Glenn...a poor response with no relevance to the thread.

We need money that desperately, that we keep rejecting bids for all our best players...

Oooh I know! Invest in an Icelandic bank or whatever.

waaait... oh right
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:05 am

kas wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7827696.stm

This surely isn't serious, right? 500 thousand a week? Are they joking? 26 million a year? 26 million?!!

Beckham was on a similar amount at an MLS Club...

You also have to remember how the media never quote the cobbled together fee while speculating in the press. You stick a hedge fund near a Football transfer and you can guarantee there are x number of stipulations to be met for the full fee, most of which that aren't going to met at all easily and when they are the club will reap the other rewards in the process.

Stick 5 million year of that contract on winning the CL or winning the League and that contract is already back into the land of reality.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:03 am

Sgoater1 wrote: If we get him it will be incredible and i will have a massive power wank.

If we hear reports of a string of tramps being drunkely suplexed we'll know it's you!
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:04 am

It seems as though Man City will have to come up with an inspiring pitch to impress transfer-target Kaka...

At first it was assumed that the Kaka to Manchester City story was just a joke, a fabricated transfer rumour designed to poke fun at the mega-rich Citizen's endless cash flow and naive ambition.

However, the link has continued to snowball and reports on Tuesday suggested that Garry Cook, City's chief executive, had flown to Milan in order to open discussions with the Rossoneri.

Now, the Brazilian midfielder's agent has spoken, refusing to rule out a possible move to Eastlands for his client. However, he did express doubts about the club's ambitions, claiming that Kaka wouldn't be bought with money alone.

Diogo Kotscho is quoted as saying by the Corriere dello Sport: "Kaka wouldn't complete a deal solely based on money.

"It's about the competitiveness of the English side.

"Ricky [i.e. Kaka] would like a strong side. He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with a solution that was not a winning one."

He was, of course, referring to Robinho rejecting Chelsea in the summer in order to get the better deal at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Milan have always stated that Kaka isn't for sale at any price, but City and their Arab money can easily afford to test the steeliest of resolves this month.

Ooohh!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:39 pm