Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Isco Benny
Kroos
Kimbo
L r dd
Tweesus
Pierre Littbarski
Matt_AFC
rosenthal
Aristoskank
Di Caniooooo!
stinger
christmasborocooper
Sgoater1
Deluded F*ck™
Batman
Glenarch of the Glen
debaser
21 posters

Team of the Half-Season

Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Team of the Half-Season - Page 3 Empty Re: Team of the Half-Season

Post by Axeslammer Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    I could name a whole bunch of Newcastle players that are underappreciated outside of the City, i couldn't say the same for Spurs. <Ale>

I can still remember you jumping for joy when the news broke you lot signed Damien Duff....he would enable you to make the jump to the big four...

Here's to underappreciated Newcastle players Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:35 pm

The Santa Stalker™️ wrote:
    Romford Pele wrote:Gomes has been a lot better than Given so far this season.

Don't even bother. Just like when Kimmy was trying arguing that We didn't miss Lennon at all against you lot because David Bentley was playing!
    lol!

That's not what i said though is it. That's twice in this thread a Spurs fan has twisted my words, you lot are evil to your core.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    I could name a whole bunch of Newcastle players that are underappreciated outside of the City, i couldn't say the same for Spurs. <Ale>

I can still remember you jumping for joy when the news broke you lot signed Damien Duff....he would enable you to make the jump to the big four...

Here's to underappreciated Newcastle players Ale

It did seem like a good deal, i wasn't jumping for joy though as i was concerned he would push N'Zogbia(who had just had his breakthrough season) out of the team. I was right to be concerned, N'Zogbia was sidelined and Duff underperformed big time.

If the same deal happened now i wouldn't be up for it at all, you should never gamble on injury prone players, i've learnt my lesson. <Ale>
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Spider Crouch wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Lennon isn't black, he's the same colour as a Chinaman's ballbag.

It's not a colour thing anyway, players at some clubs get hyped more than players at other clubs. That's the way it is. N'Zogbia is yet to play for a club that is in with the media, i'm sure he will someday though.

So Newcastle aren't a club that "is in" with the media? As far as I remember when Newcastle were in the UEFA cup, channel 5 always followed their games at the expense of other English clubs, including Spurs in the 2006/07 campaign when we were both in it. I could only ever watch our games on ITV3 because Newcastle were channel 5's big draw.

I get your point with Wigan - they are an "unfashionable" club. But any Geordie complaining that Newcastle don't get the special treatment from the Media (compare how they are viewed as the "big" club from the North East over Sunderland and Boro) is suffering a self affliction complex to rival any scouser Ale

TV channels like to show Newcastle games because we have a big fanbase, it's normal. The papers certainly don't have anything positive to say, i don't know if their sales up here are poor or what. Newcastle are certainly one of the most hated clubs around the country and any article tends to reflect train of thought.

Your insular behind has probably never left the City to stay in another region of the country for even a week lol!

Given?

Shearer?

Gazza?

Sir Bobby?

Waddle?

Taylor U21 captain despite being garbage etc.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Even Jenas and Dyer i'd say.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:51 pm

The Santa Stalker wrote:
    Your insular behind has probably never left the City to stay in another region of the country for even a week lol!
    A cockney calling someone insular, you lot think mad max is a documentary about the country north of watford!

Given?
    We've been over this a million times.
    Shearer?
    He is the exception
    Gazza?
    You're going back a bit there
    Sir Bobby?
    What? Let me rephrase it, players that spent their best years at Newcastle and under appreciated elsewhere.
    Waddle?
    See Gazza
    Taylor U21 captain despite being garbage etc
    He's clearly not garbage. WTF! Laughing

Here are some names to think about...

Rob Lee
    Gary Speed
    Nol Solano
    Laurent Robert
    Philippe Albert
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Spider Crouch wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Lennon isn't black, he's the same colour as a Chinaman's ballbag.

It's not a colour thing anyway, players at some clubs get hyped more than players at other clubs. That's the way it is. N'Zogbia is yet to play for a club that is in with the media, i'm sure he will someday though.

So Newcastle aren't a club that "is in" with the media? As far as I remember when Newcastle were in the UEFA cup, channel 5 always followed their games at the expense of other English clubs, including Spurs in the 2006/07 campaign when we were both in it. I could only ever watch our games on ITV3 because Newcastle were channel 5's big draw.

I get your point with Wigan - they are an "unfashionable" club. But any Geordie complaining that Newcastle don't get the special treatment from the Media (compare how they are viewed as the "big" club from the North East over Sunderland and Boro) is suffering a self affliction complex to rival any scouser Team of the Half-Season - Page 3 F_ale2

TV channels like to show Newcastle games because we have a big fanbase, it's normal. The papers certainly don't have anything positive to say, i don't know if their sales up here are poor or what. Newcastle are certainly one of the most hated clubs around the country and any article tends to reflect train of thought.

I could name a whole bunch of Newcastle players that are underappreciated outside of the City, i couldn't say the same for Spurs. Team of the Half-Season - Page 3 F_ale

Your pants are on fire Kimmy. There is absolutely no evidence to back this up. On the contrary, there has clearly been plenty of affection for Newcastle since Keegan's swasbucklers of the 90's and Wor Bobby's managerial reign at the club in the media, aswell as Shearer's influence at the BBC. You're no more hated than we are, you deserved to get pilloried last season for the circus that was your club (Joe Kinnear/Mike Ashley/Dennis Wise being the culprits), both on and off the field. Let's not forget you had two players brawling during a game not so long ago.

The fact is, Newcastle will always be seen as a bigger and more glamorous club in the eyes of the Media (and most fans probably) than Sunderland or Boro - so I could understand your outrage if you were a Mackem, seeing as even though they are top dogs in the North East, everyone still talks about Newcastle as THE team from the region
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Every club who isn't winning trophies has players who get ignored..At Villa, I'd say people like Ian Taylor, Gareth Barry (until the last couple of years), Stilyan Petrov, Olof Mellberg, Dion Dublin, etc never got the wider praise I'd say they deserve(d) watching them every week.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:Your pants are on fire Kimmy. There is absolutely no evidence to back this up. On the contrary, there has clearly been plenty of affection for Newcastle since Keegan's swasbucklers of the 90's and Wor Bobby's managerial reign at the club in the media, aswell as Shearer's influence at the BBC. You're no more hated than we are, you deserved to get pilloried last season for the circus that was your club (Joe Kinnear/Mike Ashley/Dennis Wise being the culprits), both on and off the field. Let's not forget you had two players brawling during a game not so long ago.

The fact is, Newcastle will always be seen as a bigger and more glamorous club in the eyes of the Media (and most fans probably) than Sunderland or Boro - so I could understand your outrage if you were a Mackem, seeing as even though they are top dogs in the North East, everyone still talks about Newcastle as THE team from the region

You are a raving lunatic! No evidence my fucking arsehole, were you in a coma last season? Did you not see how everyone was rooting for us to go down? Did you not see how happy everyone was? Did you not see the banners at Villa(a club we have never had any sort of rivalry with)?

It's not Ashley or Shepherd or anyone involved in the club that got the abuse last season(and the seasons before that), it was the fans!

And no Boro and Sunderland will never be seen as bigger or more glamorous, simply because they aren't. Newcastle are getting bigger attendences than Sunderland THIS season ffs!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:08 pm

debaser wrote:Every club who isn't winning trophies has players who get ignored..At Villa, I'd say people like Ian Taylor, Gareth Barry (until the last couple of years), Stilyan Petrov, Olof Mellberg, Dion Dublin, etc never got the wider praise I'd say they deserve(d) watching them every week.

I'm not talking about midtable players, i'm talking about players that finished in the CL places for consecutive seasons.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Spider Crouch wrote:Your pants are on fire Kimmy. There is absolutely no evidence to back this up. On the contrary, there has clearly been plenty of affection for Newcastle since Keegan's swasbucklers of the 90's and Wor Bobby's managerial reign at the club in the media, aswell as Shearer's influence at the BBC. You're no more hated than we are, you deserved to get pilloried last season for the circus that was your club (Joe Kinnear/Mike Ashley/Dennis Wise being the culprits), both on and off the field. Let's not forget you had two players brawling during a game not so long ago.

You are a raving lunatic! No evidence my fucking arsehole, were you in a coma last season? Did you not see how everyone was rooting for us to go down? Did you not see how happy everyone was? Did you not see the banners at Villa(a club we have never had any sort of rivalry with)?

It's not Ashley or Shepherd or anyone involved in the club that got the abuse last season(and the seasons before that), it was the fans!

And no Boro and Sunderland will never be seen as bigger or more glamorous, simply because they aren't. Newcastle are getting bigger attendences than Sunderland THIS season ffs!

And you think for a second that had it been Spurs, or Villa, or any biggish established Premiership club that the reaction would have been any different?

Everyone was laughing at us when we were rooted at the bottom of the table beginning of last season.

And imagine if one of the VERY big clubs went down, such as United or Chelsea - what happened to you with the odd banner here and there would be small fry in comparison. People would be dancing in the streets.

So you're not the most hated club in England. Self important, Scouse-like whingery Ale
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    debaser wrote:Every club who isn't winning trophies has players who get ignored..At Villa, I'd say people like Ian Taylor, Gareth Barry (until the last couple of years), Stilyan Petrov, Olof Mellberg, Dion Dublin, etc never got the wider praise I'd say they deserve(d) watching them every week.

I'm not talking about midtable players, i'm talking about players that finished in the CL places for consecutive seasons.

So top 4 is the be-all and end-all and everyone else should be ignored scratch
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

And you think for a second that had it been Spurs, or Villa, or any biggish established Premiership club that the reaction would have been any different?

Everyone was laughing at us when we were rooted at the bottom of the table beginning of last season.

And imagine if one of the VERY big clubs went down, such as United or Chelsea - what happened to you with the odd banner here and there would be small fry in comparison. People would be dancing in the streets.

So you're not the most hated club in England. Self important, Scouse-like whingery Ale

AND

Cos when it comes to delusions of Grandeur, Newcastle fans are the runaway leaders in the country. Ale

Souness said it best - you've won nothing in 2/3 generations, yet you behave as if you should be the best. You don't see Villa/Everton/Spurs, all more successful clubs, bloating their status in such a manner.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:And you think for a second that had it been Spurs, or Villa, or any biggish established Premiership club that the reaction would have been any different?

I can honestly say, if Villa and Newcastles situations were reversed last season, i don't think we would've seen banners taking the piss in the SJP stands. Ofcourse if it happened in the future that is a different matter.

Also popular opinion in the premiership says Newcastle aren't a big club, so you shouldn't compare us to Everton, Villa, Spurs etc. We're apparently not on that level. <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:21 pm

AND

Cos when it comes to delusions of Grandeur, Newcastle fans are the runaway leaders in the country. Ale

Souness said it best - you've won nothing in 2/3 generations, yet you behave as if you should be the best. You don't see Villa/Everton/Spurs, all more successful clubs, bloating their status in such a manner.

Well this is just a cliche in my eyes, which unfortunately is a big cause of the hate. Generally Newcastle fans in my experience are a downtrodden pessimistic bunch that downplays everything, but the stereotype people have of us is the totaly opposite. I certainly don't think we "bloat our status" anymore than Villa/Everton/Spurs fans.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Spider Crouch wrote:And you think for a second that had it been Spurs, or Villa, or any biggish established Premiership club that the reaction would have been any different?

I can honestly say, if Villa and Newcastles situations were reversed last season, i don't think we would've seen banners taking the piss in the SJP stands. Ofcourse if it happened in the future that is a different matter.

Also popular opinion in the premiership says Newcastle aren't a big club, so you shouldn't compare us to Everton, Villa, Spurs etc. We're apparently not on that level. <Ale>

Is right! ok

Villa since 1970:

1 League Title
    1 European Cup
    4 League Cups

Everton since 1970:

3 League Titles
    2 FA Cups
    1 European CWC

Spurs since 1970:

3 FA Cups
    4 League Cups
    2 UEFA Cups

Newcastle since 1970:

Erm

Trophy-less = Trophy-less Ale
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    AND

Well this is just a cliche in my eyes, which unfortunately is a big cause of the hate. Generally Newcastle fans in my experience are a downtrodden pessimistic bunch that downplays everything, but the stereotype people have of us is the totaly opposite. I certainly don't think we "bloat our status" anymore than Villa/Everton/Spurs fans.

Then how come Keegan, Shearer & Robson (all local heroes) are the only ones who can/could manage the side without any grief?

Answer: Cos you're an insular city.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Newcastle v Spurs again!!!

cheers

Lets throw in Man City, Aston Villa and Leeds United as well. Who is the best of these teams? Has the most support? Won most prices? etc!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:46 pm

1970, what a convenient cut off point. Well done Kris. Laughing

The Santa Stalker™️ wrote:Then how come Keegan, Shearer & Robson (all local heroes) are the only ones who can/could manage the side without any grief?

Answer: Cos you're an insular city.

Well Keegan and Robson are the only ones that did well. Shearer was only here for a few games. Hughton has never received grief either despite having the worst record of our 4 managers last season. Also we don't all accept the thought of Shearer as manager blindly, i and many others have said we would rather an experienced man. This is another example of the image the press have created, they created the terms "messiah" and "King Kev", and pinned it on Newcastle fans, now everyone thinks we're obsessed with having a geordie manager. Just like with Shepherd, he was mental and made a statement about Newcastle being one of the biggest clubs in the world, now that has been pinned on the fans aswell.

You keep using the word insular, you're the one that is bringing up cliches and stereotypes, you're the one that sounds insular. <Ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:41 pm

Kimbo wrote:1970, what a convenient cut off point. Well done Kris. Laughing

Alan Shearer's birth year. Very apt cut-off ok
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Fey wrote:Newcastle v Spurs again!!!

cheers

Lets throw in Man City, Aston Villa and Leeds United as well. Who is the best of these teams? Has the most support? Won most prices? etc!

Villa. They won the biggest trophy in Europe in the finest stadium in Europe sunny

[/shameless flattery]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:44 pm