Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Murray
messiah
Sheffield gunner
Lordanger
forza_rossi
Cesc Soler
King Modric
mongrel hawk
MightyBarca
Black Magic
Matt_AFC
Super Progress
TM
christmasborocooper
shazlx
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
BoBo Vieri 32
Allez les rouges
Kroos
blutgraetsche
COTR
S4P
Ricardo Jol
debaser
The Easter Bunny
Juligen
Pras_tama
Fey
Torrente
Xavier
Luis
abundance
TheCrazy58
stinger
Hem fet un..
Calidad
bluenine
Fade out
Hlebagone
Isco Benny
TITO
ronnies teeth
Jaime
fcb
48 posters

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa! - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by fcb Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:08 am

Sad

Hope he's ok soon. Not just a good footballer, but a great person.
    fcb
    fcb

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa! - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by fcb Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:40 am

The news seems to be that it's non-malignant and he'll be back within 5-6 weeks. Hope that's true cheers
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Hope everything goes well for Abidal <Ale>
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Luis wrote:Hope everything goes well for Abidal <Ale>

The surgery was a 'success'

On another topic; I wonder how much Barca can expect to get in terms of player sales in the Summer? Possibilities include Jefferen, Caceres, Henrique, Kerrison, Hleb, Maxwell & Ibrahimovic. Surely we're looking at 40-50+m Euro there?

Fontas has been promoted. Looked decent in games like Shaktar + Betis. Looks composed, but perhaps a little slow? Thiago will also be promoted next season, and hopefully Pep DOESN'T use him sparingly, and will thus get to start the odd game against 'weaker' opposition, as well as be a regular sub for Xaviesta to allow them some rest.

I would loan Bojan out for a season.

Who needs to be brought in? Maybe a CB or LB (if Abidal moves central) and a ST/FW and that'd be it I think.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Won't get much for Jeffren, he'll probably go in a 2m euro with buyback option after 2 years kind of deal to Getafe or Sporting or wherever Luis Enrique takes over.

I think the contracts of Caceres, Henrique, Keirrison, Hleb are all finishing or will have just 1 year left. Anyway, none of them will be worth more than 5m euros each. I'd be surprised if we get more than 10m for the 4 of them combined.

Milito too, just 1 year on his contract but will almost certainly leave on a free or for a minimal amount.

Not sure if the rumoured bids for Maxwell are true, and whether he really will be sold or not.

Ibrahimovic will go for the same price agreed last year, 28m euros IIRC.

So in total I expect player sales to earn the club about 35m euros.

IMO the 2 priorities are a right sided forward (Pato, Nilmar, Sanchez are the names being linked), and cover in defense...whether that cover is a RB, or a CB, or a LB...all depends on Abidal's status, Fontas' progress, the decision on Maxwell, and Alves' contract renewal (which I do think will happen in the end).

And I do think they're going to go back for Cesc, but if that's true, then Afellay should be sold...not enough room for so many midfielders.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Do you want the club to go for Cesc?

I don't think Pato is realistic. Nilmar, I think is excellent though I would personally like to see him stay at Villarreal, who have a small but very talented squad. Sanchez would be fantastic purchase, at least on paper, though seems to be more strongly linked with Utd + Inter. Btw when you say right sided, do you mean right footed or someone to play on the right?
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:16 pm

I don't think Nilmar has a workrate to fit in Barcelona system, Rossi on the other side Wink
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 pm

lol!

They need a right sided forward because "Pedro isn't good enough"!
    stinger

Post by stinger Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Jaime wrote:lol!

To be fair, Barca has only two players who can play as wide forwards in "false 9" system, and with Villa only being able to play on the left, Pedro being able to play on either side right sided forward makes sense.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:30 pm

So is Sanchez right or left footed then? I thought he was right footed?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:38 pm

stinger wrote:
    Jaime wrote:lol!

To be fair, Barca has only two players who can play as wide forwards in "false 9" system, and with Villa only being able to play on the left, Pedro being able to play on either side right sided forward makes sense.

True, but you don't pay 25m for a player to sit him on the bench or send him on loan.

Oh wait.

Barcelona do.

All the time.

Ale
    Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:03 pm

I would go for an LB, and a two footed winger... If Bojan leaves or is reroled to a winger, then I would go for a back up striker.. If Jeffren leaves, then the left side should be covered by Villa, Afellay, Iniesta and Maxwell. However we are short on the right side since Pedro is the only one that plays there and Messi is wasted there.

LB dream would be Bale, but I doubt that.. Winger/striker, well Neymar, Sanchez would be good but I think it will be somebody lower profile.

My personal fetish would be Pastore.. I would loooooooove to see him join but it would brake Thiagos progression. I dont think we need a CB (especially if Abidal is reroled and Milito stays) but Kjaer would be nice since he can play the ball.
    stinger

Post by stinger Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Kjaer does look very suspect playing in Bundesliga, there's not much good when central defender can pass, but can't actually defend.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:16 pm

I think Cesc would still fit in well, but I would not be pleased if we pay big money for him. I'm happy to wait a couple of seasons till his contract is nearing its end.

When I say "right-sided", I do mean someone who can play on the right, doesn't have to be right-footed. It's not just in attack, the team in general is filled with players who are more comfortable on the left. Adriano is the theoretical backup to Alves, but has been more comfortable when he plays LB than RB. Similarly, there's no genuine backup to Xavi as the "right-sided" CM. Iniesta and Afellay both tend to operate in the left side. I suppose this is where Cesc or Thiago would come into play.

Rossi is indeed a better player than Nilmar, and I would welcome his signing. Fights for the ball, good skill and control, great finishing. Plus he can play anywhere across the front 3. Just mentioned Nilmar because that was the latest rumour going around, although there was one story earlier in the year about how Guardiola really likes Rossi.

Not convinced by Sanchez or Bale as transfers...both are young, exciting players with huge potential, but the price tag is ridiculous. And they are both very "direct" players - in a way it's good to have that in our squad (we've seen the benefit from Pedro or Villa's runs stretching the opponents' defense) but not sure it fits our normal style of play too well.

There will definitely be one big star signing, but I think we should expect some "surprise" transfers, like Adriano last summer. Keep your eye on those players who are on a free or just have 1 year left. That's the tactic employed to great success by Rosell.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Zubizarreta has confirmed that Abidal is done for the season but that he should be ready to return to action by the start of the 2011/12 campaign.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Dani Alves has agreed to extend his contract till 2015 cheers

More than the fact that player is staying, I'm happy that this will *finally* put an end to the non-stop "what's the latest on Alves' renewal" story and quotes that have been in the news *every day*.
    stinger

Post by stinger Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Is there anyone besides me who think that Podolski would do very well in Barca system as a wide forward?
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:33 pm

*Villa back up* Why not...
    stinger

Post by stinger Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Hlebagone wrote:*Villa back up* Why not...
    Hmm, thought more about Podolski as a backup for Pedro (who can play on either side) and Villa Wink
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Strikes me as another Bojan. ie. mentally weak, but with a more powerful/accurate shot.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:40 pm

So...Villarreal away, after an int'l break, and Messi may have an injury.

Let's just give them the 3 points already Very Happy
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 pm

With the injuries it's a perfect time to start Afellay after two excellent games for the Netherlands in the week.

--------------Valdes
    Alves---Pique--Milito---Adriano
    --------------Busquets
    ------------Iniesta--Keita
    Bojan--------Villa------Afellay

Messi, Pedro, Maxwell are supposedly all injured. Xavi and Masch played both games in the week, but no doubt Guardiola won't play the above lineup as he doesn't really like resting players.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:43 am

Pedro and Maxwell will be fit, Messi is still an unknown. Bojan is injured.

So we definitely won't see that lineup. But yes, Afellay deserves a start.
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:07 am

Yes, he deserves, but not at this game.
    Unfortunately, if there are no other options, he have to start.
    But without Messi, Xavi, Pedro, "Bojan" to step in and Milito instead of Puyol or Abidal, things don't look good at all.
    I hope for a draw.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 pm

Rosell, when asked about the Copa final:

Pongo un 5-0 en la porra para no perder costumbre

What a fucking idiot Doh
    Looks like he too has succumbed to Laporta-itis. Now the Madrid press will have a field day. And you can expect more than one jibe from Mourinho about it too.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 pm

fcb wrote:Rosell, when asked about the Copa final:

Pongo un 5-0 en la porra para no perder costumbre

What a fucking idiot Doh
    Looks like he too has succumbed to Laporta-itis. Now the Madrid press will have a field day. And you can expect more than one jibe from Mourinho about it too.

lol!

And who was it? Hlebegone (?) who was saying he liked Barcelona because they weren't arrogant!

Mourinho is right, if he said something like this Barcelona would be crying for him to be imprisoned. Apparently Jose has posted Rosell's quote in the dressing room. Ooooooh!

Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:01 pm

After several years on this board, pretty sure it wasn't me!
    Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:22 pm

I think it was Kroos. Smile
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Luis/Kroos, one of the two..
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Oh yeah it was Kroos! Sorry Hleb! Biggrin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:41 pm