Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Murray
messiah
Sheffield gunner
Lordanger
forza_rossi
Cesc Soler
King Modric
mongrel hawk
MightyBarca
Black Magic
Matt_AFC
Super Progress
TM
christmasborocooper
shazlx
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
BoBo Vieri 32
Allez les rouges
Kroos
blutgraetsche
COTR
S4P
Ricardo Jol
debaser
The Easter Bunny
Juligen
Pras_tama
Fey
Torrente
Xavier
Luis
abundance
TheCrazy58
stinger
Hem fet un..
Calidad
bluenine
Fade out
Hlebagone
Isco Benny
TITO
ronnies teeth
Jaime
fcb
48 posters

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa! - Page 3 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by Luis Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Jaime wrote:
    fcb wrote:Rosell, when asked about the Copa final:

Pongo un 5-0 en la porra para no perder costumbre

What a fucking idiot Doh
    Looks like he too has succumbed to Laporta-itis. Now the Madrid press will have a field day. And you can expect more than one jibe from Mourinho about it too.

lol!

And who was it? Hlebegone (?) who was saying he liked Barcelona because they weren't arrogant!

Mourinho is right, if he said something like this Barcelona would be crying for him to be imprisoned. Apparently Jose has posted Rosell's quote in the dressing room. Ooooooh!

Jose has come out with stuff like this a lot of the time in his career. Big deal. They don't come more arrogant than Jose but it's not always a bad thing if it breeds confidence.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa! - Page 3 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Luis wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

What a fucking idiot Doh
    Looks like he too has succumbed to Laporta-itis. Now the Madrid press will have a field day. And you can expect more than one jibe from Mourinho about it too.

lol!

And who was it? Hlebegone (?) who was saying he liked Barcelona because they weren't arrogant!

Mourinho is right, if he said something like this Barcelona would be crying for him to be imprisoned. Apparently Jose has posted Rosell's quote in the dressing room. Ooooooh!

Jose has come out with stuff like this a lot of the time in his career. Big deal. They don't come more arrogant than Jose but it's not always a bad thing if it breeds confidence.

It's a little bit different when it is the president of the club. It is sort of like when Boluda came out and guaranteed victory at Anfield. Rolling Eyes
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

What a fucking idiot Doh

lol!

It's a little bit different when it is the president of the club. It is sort of like when Boluda came out and guaranteed victory at Anfield. Rolling Eyes

How so? What's the difference between a president and a manager saying it? I'd only really pay attention to the manager and I'd actually think it good sometimes that he's certain of victory. I don't think these comments will make any difference whatsoever anyway. Jose's moaned this season about Barca and teams fielding weakened teams against them, now the Barca president is doing a bit of trash talking, does it make much difference?

For the record I actually think Real will win the final because they have a better second team (so they should for the money spent).
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Luis wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

What a fucking idiot Doh

lol!

How so? What's the difference between a president and a manager saying it? I'd only really pay attention to the manager and I'd actually think it good sometimes that he's certain of victory. I don't think these comments will make any difference whatsoever anyway. Jose's moaned this season about Barca and teams fielding weakened teams against them, now the Barca president is doing a bit of trash talking, does it make much difference?

For the record I actually think Real will win the final because they have a better second team (so they should for the money spent).

In Spain it does. Because they (the presidents) all claim they want to behave like gentlemen. They don't celebrate the goals, things like this. You are right, it doesn't really make a difference in the grand scheme of things. But it is yet another example of the hypocrisy of Menos Que Un Club. Ale
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Luis wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

What a fucking idiot Doh

lol!

Eh? News flash: neither team are going to play any 2nd stringers, except Pinto in goal for Barça.

But yes, it's a 50-50 game. One off cup game is a perfect situation for Jose to open his anti-football bag of tricks.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:36 pm

We'll see about that.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Guardiola: "Mi tiempo en el Barça se está acabando. Me quedaré este año, éste será el cuarto, y un entrenador tiene que saber el momento de marcharse. Los jugadores se cansan de los entrenadores y viceversa."

Razz
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Justin Bieber trains with Barcelona. Like we needed another reason to hate this team Doh

Not surprisingly, he seemed too good for Bojan though Laugh
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:31 pm

At least he's not "Nicolas Cage". Very Happy
    TITO
    TITO

Post by TITO Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Our games left to play:

Home with Osasuna
    Away with Sociedad
    Home with Espanyol
    Away with Levante
    Home with Deportivo
    Away with Malaga

Not a bad run of games to play until the end. We need 3 wins and a draw and that's it.

Madrid still has to play away to Villareal, Valencia and Sevilla.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:20 am

TITO wrote:Our games left to play:

Home with Osasuna
    Away with Sociedad
    Home with Espanyol
    Away with Levante
    Home with Deportivo
    Away with Malaga

Not a bad run of games to play until the end. We need 3 wins and a draw and that's it.

Madrid still has to play away to Villareal, Valencia and Sevilla.

Dude the league was yours a long time ago.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:49 am

Hmmm...what do you guys think - good draw, or 2 points lost because the team relaxed too much after the 1-0? For sure, the ref's bullshit decision on the penalty made a big difference as well, but I just feel that we should have been more in control of the game.

Tough to say what this means, if anything, for the Copa final. Madrid will definitely be a bit more confident about repeating their pussy tactics. It will take another 90 mins of extreme concentration for our players to win.

Villa's form is becoming a bit worrying now. At some point the "well, at least he works hard for the team and creates chances for others" excuse will not hold. He's a striker, he needs to score, especially for his own confidence.
    TITO
    TITO

Post by TITO Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:09 am

I will take a draw, regardless of the how the game evolved.
    As for Villa, i have no worries, he is a natural born striker and he will start scoring again, when is really needed, like on Wednesday. Very Happy
    Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:23 pm

fcb wrote:Hmmm...what do you guys think - good draw, or 2 points lost because the team relaxed too much after the 1-0? For sure, the ref's bullshit decision on the penalty made a big difference as well, but I just feel that we should have been more in control of the game.

Tough to say what this means, if anything, for the Copa final. Madrid will definitely be a bit more confident about repeating their pussy tactics. It will take another 90 mins of extreme concentration for our players to win.

Villa's form is becoming a bit worrying now. At some point the "well, at least he works hard for the team and creates chances for others" excuse will not hold. He's a striker, he needs to score, especially for his own confidence.

Before the match I would have taken the point but now it feels like we let them back in when the victory was relatively easy. Overall I am still not too impressed by Madrizzz considering they were at home and were supposed to show us the 5-0 was a fluke. They played like a Racing or Almeria and for me, Shaktar was a much much tougher opponent despite the result.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Yeah, that's why I laugh at those people who suck Mourinho's dick by claiming "this is the only way to play against Barça". It's clearly not. Look at how Villarreal played, look at how Valencia played, look at how Shakhtar played. Yes, they didn't win any of the games, but they created such good chances and caused our defense so many problems, that a team like Madrid with more quality finishers up front (and not Luiz Adriano) can do much more damage.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:21 am

I was disappointed with the team in this game...they wasted the entire first half getting caught up in Madrid's physical play. If they tried to concentrate on keeping the ball instead of getting rattled and trying to win free kicks or cards, it would help for a more settled and calm game.

It's also quite clear now that only playing 14 players all season long, doesn't work. Time to spend some cash again on 1 or 2 top players this summer to strengthen the squad, and properly promote Thiago and Fontas and a forward or two from the youth team.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:36 pm

fcb wrote:I was disappointed with the team in this game...they wasted the entire first half getting caught up in Madrid's physical play. If they tried to concentrate on keeping the ball instead of getting rattled and trying to win free kicks or cards, it would help for a more settled and calm game.

It's also quite clear now that only playing 14 players all season long, doesn't work. Time to spend some cash again on 1 or 2 top players this summer to strengthen the squad, and properly promote Thiago and Fontas and a forward or two from the youth team.

Agree on both points, and I've been reiterating the latter one for sometime now.

I think Pep's biggest negative as a manager is his lack of rotation, and use (lack of) subs. He never seems to sub out players who aren't playing well, and doesn't seem to show a great deal of faith in the squad, 1 or two players aside. He continues to introduce subs too late in to games also. But he really should try to rest 3-4 players every league game now.

And like you say the squad does need a bit more depth, but even as it Guardiaola doesn't give the fringe players enough minutes.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:34 pm

I think a CF and CB are must buys.

For CB, I would go for Vertonghen. He's young and versatile, capable of filling in as a LB or DM if needed. He has good pace for a CB, and is also pretty decent on the ball. Probably gettable for 10-15m Euro. Botia is a cheaper option too, though I don't think he is as good.

CF is a little more tricky. Need someone good enough to genuinely contribute if needed, but also 'content' enough with the fact that they will not be a regular starter for the side. A Larsson type would be ideal. I think options could include Forlan, Drogba, Falcao (perhaps a little bit ambitious) could be options. For an entirely different options, I really like Abel Hernandez. He's not prolific, yet, but I just think he has so much potential in his game. That said, 'Chicarito' would have been perfect, but I really knew nothing about his sale to Utd.

Expensive options would be Sanchez, who admittedly isn't a CF but could play anywhere in the front three. I would also bite Madrids hands off if they ever look to ditch Benzema or Higuain.

Although it's a small squad, there's actually several players still on the books who need to go...Caceres, Hleb, Ibra, Kerrison, Henrique. I would also sell Milito and if good offers comes in for Maxwell and Jeffren, then them too. So although 7 out, 2 in sounds a little excessive, if they were two who would contend for spots in the starting lineup then Barca would be better off. Thiago and Fontas would obviously be promoted.

So

GK - Valdes, Pinto
    CB - Pique, Puyol, Vertonghen, Fontas, Abidal
    LB - Abidal, Adriano
    RB - Alves, Adriano, Puyol
    DM - Busquets, Mascherano, Vertonghen
    CM - Xavi, Thiago, Keita, Iniesta, Afellay, Busquets
    FW - Villa, Messi, Pedro, Bojan, Afellay, new CF, Iniesta

I think that squad would have greater depth than the current one and is full of quality.

Be interesting if any Dutchies don't think Vertongnen is as good as I think he (potentially) is.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:07 pm

For the attack, we need Rossi Ale

Agree on all the outs, they're all almost certainly going anyway, except for Maxwell.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:17 pm

fcb wrote:For the attack, we need Rossi Ale

Agree on all the outs, they're all almost certainly going anyway, except for Maxwell.

Yeah but you would almost have to pay Rossi's buyout to get him. Villarreal aren't just going to hand him over...
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Calidad wrote:

Be interesting if any Dutchies don't think Vertongnen is as good as I think he (potentially) is.

cheers

As with Vermaelen I think he is vastly overrated, look at the game against NEC last weekend. When under pressure he always makes the wrong choices, is defending on 6m and his buildup away from the Arena, when the pressure is on him is just horrible. No wonder he looks horrible when playing for Belgium and that even van Buyten gets ahead of him.

I might be biased though Ale
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:37 pm

I remember him getting dicked on in the air when playing centre back. Guess that would happen less in the Spanish league. Also, always seemed to good on the ball to play in defence, but again, that would hardly matter if he was playing for Barcelona.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Jaime wrote:

Yeah but you would almost have to pay Rossi's buyout to get him. Villarreal aren't just going to hand him over...

Yeah, 40m, no problem.

Budget is 40-45m plus sales.

28m coming in from Ibra, and a little bit from Jeffren, Botia (unless we keep him), Caceres, maybe Hleb. Henrique and Keirrison are write-offs.

So 2 big signings should be easy. The smart thing would be to spread the money across Rossi plus a CB plus a versatile attacker/midfielder, but I guess we already know it's going to be Rossi + Cesc + some cheapo defender who can play the ball well but not actually defend much.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:23 pm

fcb wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

Yeah, 40m, no problem.

Budget is 40-45m plus sales.

28m coming in from Ibra, and a little bit from Jeffren, Botia (unless we keep him), Caceres, maybe Hleb. Henrique and Keirrison are write-offs.

So 2 big signings should be easy. The smart thing would be to spread the money across Rossi plus a CB plus a versatile attacker/midfielder, but I guess we already know it's going to be Rossi + Cesc + some cheapo defender who can play the ball well but not actually defend much.

Cartera! Cartera! Cartera!
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Btw. You will probably sign Neymar. Biggrin
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:44 am

Fuck no. Will be too much money for an unpredictable and volatile 18 yr old.

Rossi Rossi Rossi
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:11 pm

When Barca play against physical well organized defense like what Madrid showed last wednesday, don't you think what they need is a Llorente instead of neither Rossi nor Sanchez?
    Hem fet un..

Post by Hem fet un.. Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Although i would love to see llorente in azulgrana then buying a player for 2 matches against madrizz and a couple of cl matches is a bit excessive. Lets not forgot that we could have scored 2 or 3 in the second half. Buying llorente would prob mean benching either villa or mpre likely pedro and partly changing the style of play. Llorente wouldnt come just to a sub
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Exactly - it's the same point I was telling blut the other day. It's kind of similar to anti-terrorism measures. How much money and resources is it justified to spend to have defenses against a once in a lifetime "in case it happens" scenario? In fact, people forget that Pep already tried this at great expense to the club last year, and it didn't quite work out.
    Hem fet un..

Post by Hem fet un.. Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Rossi would be the safest option but personally i think that neymar or sanchez would be more excting. I think that rossi is more stable, less volatile and a great team player but neymar seems to have the x factor that could make him world class. However he will probably self destruct the first time he is subbed off before messi and/or doesnt start. Sanchez looks great but i dint know much tbh. So rossi would be the safest and most economical option.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:29 am