Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Murray
messiah
Sheffield gunner
Lordanger
forza_rossi
Cesc Soler
King Modric
mongrel hawk
MightyBarca
Black Magic
Matt_AFC
Super Progress
TM
christmasborocooper
shazlx
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
BoBo Vieri 32
Allez les rouges
Kroos
blutgraetsche
COTR
S4P
Ricardo Jol
debaser
The Easter Bunny
Juligen
Pras_tama
Fey
Torrente
Xavier
Luis
abundance
TheCrazy58
stinger
Hem fet un..
Calidad
bluenine
Fade out
Hlebagone
Isco Benny
TITO
ronnies teeth
Jaime
fcb
48 posters

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa! - Page 33 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by fcb Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:08 am

Well yeah, time to come back down to earth after the high of the Clasico.

Barça couldn't break down Sevilla at home, but Madrid destroyed them away. And that again, is going to be the difference in the league - sure, Barça may win the 2nd Clasico as well, but if we don't win every single game from January until the end of the season, it won't matter.
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa! - Page 33 Empty Re: FC Barcelona - Campeones de España y Europa!

Post by worms. Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:49 am

fcb wrote:Well yeah, time to come back down to earth after the high of the Clasico.

Barça couldn't break down Sevilla at home, but Madrid destroyed them away. And that again, is going to be the difference in the league - sure, Barça may win the 2nd Clasico as well, but if we don't win every single game from January until the end of the season, it won't matter.

Ye that's because Sevilla parked the bus against us but attacked Madrid and got hit on the break even though they where much the better team.Plus if the wrongly disallowed goal would have stood it would have been a very different game.

Context <Ale>

fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:24 am

Well that just proves my point - Madrid continue to find ways to win at places like Sevilla and Valencia (and it seems like the 'rub of the green' is in their favour) whereas Barça have dropped too many points already in away games. A considerable improvement. ie. perfection, will be required from now until the end of the season.
    messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:09 am

we don't need to win every game to be champs, we will just have to take advantage of madrid's little slip ups when the come, also agree with worms, we should have beaten sevilla just didn't have luck on our side, that combined with that they approached the game in a completely different manner than they did when they played us
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:42 pm

to cesc winning more cups in a few months than he won in all his time at arsenal Ale and more than arsenal are likely to win in a few years Very Happy
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Pep Guardiola "Sergio Busquets has proven that he is the best holding midfielder in the world."
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHf4NYiBeSY&feature=player_embedded#

Laughing
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Villa are now European and World Champions at club and international level and are also Spanish Champions. cheers
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:31 pm

TITO wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHf4NYiBeSY&feature=player_embedded#

Laughing

lol!

Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Thiago seems to have become a lot more conservative in his play; too conservative. I hope he becomes a bit more expressive again
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:33 pm

messiah wrote:Pep Guardiola "Sergio Busquets has proven that he is the best holding midfielder in the world."

He's horribly underrated.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:45 am

messiah wrote:Pep Guardiola "Sergio Busquets has proven that he is the best holding midfielder in the world."

The difference between Pep and Mourinho is that Pep puts his team first, and his players are the stars. Mourinho believes that he is the star of the team.

Insane stat: By the end of this his fourth season as a coach, Pep may have SIXTEEN trophies/cups. Shocked

That's four trophies/cups per season. AMAZING!!!!

I remember the media of a certain country calling a certain hyped up team "the best ever" because they won the treble. And, it took a miracle in the Champions League Final against Bayern to win that trophy. Far very far from being an emphatic win that Barça dished out in CL Finals against that same team. lol!
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:11 am

Calidad wrote:Thiago seems to have become a lot more conservative in his play; too conservative. I hope he becomes a bit more expressive again

I think the change in his game is for the better, and is critical for him to succeed in this Barça.

Sure, tricks and skills are nice, but the amount of times he was losing the ball was costing the team heavily. It's better that he makes his passing more conservative for now, and goes for the safe(r) option to ensure he doesn't lose the ball to the opposition.

The extra flair can be added back later once he has the experience and better decision making on when to do a fancy flick versus when to do a simple one touch sideways pass.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Puro wrote:

The difference between Pep and Mourinho is that Pep puts his team first, and his players are the stars. Mourinho believes that he is the star of the team.

Insane stat: By the end of this his fourth season as a coach, Pep may have SIXTEEN trophies/cups. Shocked

That's four trophies/cups per season. AMAZING!!!!

I remember the media of a certain country calling a certain hyped up team "the best ever" because they won the treble. And, it took a miracle in the Champions League Final against Bayern to win that trophy. Far very far from being an emphatic win that Barça dished out in CL Finals against that same team. lol!

Johan Cruyff: "Pep gives all the glory to his players. That's the difference with Mourinho, who looks for his own glory
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 am

Calidad wrote:

He's horribly underrated.

He is a bit underrated but not horribly. He is just disliked for being a massive c**t.

He fits well with xavi, iniesta and co in that he stays out of their way. Mascherano was considered one of the world's best but he cannot get into the team, probably because he wants to be more involved in the play. Yaya Toure is a better player than both, but perhaps not a true DM so he never really fit there either. Anyway if staying out of xavi's way makes you the best, then he is the best Wink.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:31 am

That's a weird way of looking at it - 'he stays out of their way'. So a DM can only be good if he 'stays out of the way of the other midfielders'? scratch

More like, he's perfect at winning and then feeding the ball to Xavi and co. to help them do their job better.

And wrong on Mascherano - he performed his role as DM just fine, in fact his rapid adaptation and ability on the ball was beyond what most of us expected. This season he has been played more at CB because we have a shortage in that role, and there too he adapted rapidly. And I don't know why you say he "was" considered one of the world's best - he still is up there.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:30 am

he is the best because no other dmed is as good at winning the ball and getting the play started, not to mention is technique is second to none in his position, especially in those close spaces.

and lol at masch wanting to be more involved in the play lol!
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:58 am

fcb wrote:That's a weird way of looking at it - 'he stays out of their way'. So a DM can only be good if he 'stays out of the way of the other midfielders'? scratch

More like, he's perfect at winning and then feeding the ball to Xavi and co. to help them do their job better.

And wrong on Mascherano - he performed his role as DM just fine, in fact his rapid adaptation and ability on the ball was beyond what most of us expected. This season he has been played more at CB because we have a shortage in that role, and there too he adapted rapidly. And I don't know why you say he "was" considered one of the world's best - he still is up there.

That is a weird way of reading my post. I don't say it is the only way for a DM to be good. I say it seems to be the way that some are judging Busquets, not purely on his own ability but the way he fits with xavi, iniesta and co. In another thread we have messiah criticising Alonso for trying to pass in Spain's midfield, something he thinks should be left only to xavi, whereas I think 2 great passers is better than one. Anyway there are superior defensive midfielders out there (alonso, yaya toure, etc) in my opinion, but they are not pure DMs as they have that little bit extra passing ability etc.

110%

Post by 110% Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:04 pm

messiah wrote:he is the best because no other dmed is as good at winning the ball and getting the play started, not to mention is technique is second to none in his position, especially in those close spaces.

and lol at masch wanting to be more involved in the play lol!

I didn't say he was good at it, but mascherano for argentina and liverpool charged about all over the pitch instead of sitting in front of the back 4.

Does getting the play started mean pass it to xavi? Alonso for one has a better passing ability, but he'd pass it to other players as well.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:13 pm

lol! Knew that was were it was coming from,couldn't come up with a valid reason as to why he isn't the best, so you then try to use something that everyone with a bit of tactical understanding of the game sees as a positive in his game and turn it into a negative.

he makes the players who are responsible for creating the play do their job, didn't see makelele trying to do the job of zidane and no one was complaining.

You are an arsenal fan right?.

and Bar long passing, I would like to know how Alonso Who is not a Dmed at all, a better passer than Busquets and Yaya again not a Dmed, its not just isn't a pure Dmed, its the stereotype of the big black man having to me a Dmed are box to box, than still has people referring to him as some sort of Dmed.

It just goes to how how good busquets is at actually playing football, that you can't compare him to anyone in his actual position.

De Rossi
    Masch
    Song
    Lass
    Khedira
    Gustavo

These are Dmed's and While masch and De Rossi might be better than him, in the defensive aspect of their game, none are as good in the offensive, which is why he is then compared to CM's in Alonso and Yaya.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 pm

messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:32 pm

One of his better games right?, understanding of the game will make you see clearly why sergio is better.
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:47 pm

messiah wrote: lol! Knew that was were it was coming from,couldn't come up with a valid reason as to why he isn't the best, so you then try to use something that everyone with a bit of tactical understanding of the game sees as a positive in his game and turn it into a negative.

he makes the players who are responsible for creating the play do their job, didn't see makelele trying to do the job of zidane and no one was complaining.

and Bar long passing, I would like to know how Alonso Who is not a Dmed at all, a better passer than Busquets and Yaya again not a Dmed, its not just isn't a pure Dmed, its the stereotype of the big black man having to me a Dmed are box to box, than still has people referring to him as some sort of Dmed.

It just goes to how how good busquets is at actually playing football, that you can't compare him to anyone in his actual position.

De Rossi
    Masch
    Song
    Lass
    Khedira
    Gustavo

These are Dmed's and While masch and De Rossi might be better than him, in the defensive aspect of their game, none are as good in the offensive, which is why he is then compared to CM's in Alonso and Yaya.

Yes, I love Arsenal, that is the basis of my opinion on busquets. He reminds me of flamini in his arsenal midfield days. I remember, how we overrated him because he was able to play alongside fabregas. Then he moved to milan and became just a good player, because it was the partnership that made him look better than he was.

I can't make complete sense of what you're writing as it is a bit of a mess, but I think I am saying the exact opposite. You are taking his limitations and are making out that somehow he is a superior player because of them. I am taking his limitations and saying other players are better than him. Either because they are superior passers (Alonso), stronger athletically (Yaya) etc.

If you are saying his partnership with xavi, iniesta etc is the best in the world then you have a point. If you are saying he individually is the best DM in the world, then that is clearly debatable.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:09 pm

messiah wrote: lol! Knew that was were it was coming from,couldn't come up with a valid reason as to why he isn't the best, so you then try to use something that everyone with a bit of tactical understanding of the game sees as a positive in his game and turn it into a negative.

De Rossi
    Masch
    Song
    Lass
    Khedira
    Gustavo

The interesting thing to me is would Busquets play as DM in any other team in the world? My guess is most managers who are not Pep would play an actual DM next to him because most managers are too pragmatic to play the way Barcelona play. His status as DM is a product of the environment and the specific tactics and philosophy that Pep employs. And also, don't list Khedira as DM. List him as a SM sh*t midfielder. Ale
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:54 pm

The first video is cringeworthy: "What would you do if you were 22..... after you have received all those attacks from the media"

Pep Guardiola: "First name on the team sheet? Sergio Busquets"

lol!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:05 pm

messiah wrote:he is the best because no other dmed is as good at winning the ball and getting the play started

*cough* Scotty Parker *cough*

Simon Biscuits is indeed a decent player, but Parker > God. Just sayin'

Laughing

messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:08 pm

S4P wrote:The first video is cringeworthy: "What would you do if you were 22..... after you have received all those attacks from the media"

Pep Guardiola: "First name on the team sheet? Sergio Busquets"

lol!

lol!

Didn't see the how brilliant he is drop a tactical view point though
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Jaime wrote:

De Rossi
    Masch
    Song
    Lass
    Khedira
    Gustavo

The interesting thing to me is would Busquets play as DM in any other team in the world? My guess is most managers who are not Pep would play an actual DM next to him because most managers are too pragmatic to play the way Barcelona play. His status as DM is a product of the environment and the specific tactics and philosophy that Pep employs. And also, don't list Khedira as DM. List him as a SM sh*t midfielder. Ale

Yeah I think so too

As the man himself said, they're brave managers and they are coward ones, the brave ones would play him there me thinks
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:09 pm

hehe, this whole thing reminds me of Costacurta, the poor lad played alongside Baresi and Maldini and it took people so many years to be ready to admit that he was a very competent and accomplished defender on his own.

Jaime wrote:The interesting thing to me is would Busquets play as DM in any other team in the world? My guess is most managers who are not Pep would play an actual DM next to him because most managers are too pragmatic to play the way Barcelona play. His status as DM is a product of the environment and the specific tactics and philosophy that Pep employs.
    mmh dunno, I think they'd call him Deep Lying Playmaker and conservatively put a thuggish runner of a side midfielder near him, a là Pirlo-Gattuso, but he would still be in charge of the lower vertex of the midfield.

S4P wrote:The first video is cringeworthy
    lol sure you can bet... "the brilliance of busquets" it says, and it start with a full minute of annotated slow motion to show you that's he's so fukin great because OMG he chose not to discharge the ball horizontally to the box from the sideline with the keeper out and opponents cutting in from midfield?
    Poor Sergio doesn't deserve that PR =D
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 pm

abundance wrote:
    Jaime wrote:The interesting thing to me is would Busquets play as DM in any other team in the world? My guess is most managers who are not Pep would play an actual DM next to him because most managers are too pragmatic to play the way Barcelona play. His status as DM is a product of the environment and the specific tactics and philosophy that Pep employs.
    mmh dunno, I think they'd call him Deep Lying Playmaker and conservatively put a thuggish runner of a side midfielder near him, a là Pirlo-Gattuso, but he would still be in charge of the lower vertex of the midfield.

I see what you are getting at but this difference is more due to tactics than philosophy. Gattuso is still there. Not next to Pirlo, as he would in a 4-2-3-1, for example but to the side more likely in some sort of three man midfield. What I mean is that you would not see many managers play Sergio as the lone DM/DLP or whatever you want to call it. But Barcelona does even though Busquets and Yaya Toure before him were not DM's strictly speaking...in the sense of Makelele.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:56 pm