Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
RedDevil
BoBo Vieri 32
The Easter Bunny
The Pröfessör
bluenine
Isco Benny
Bashmachkin
S4P
stinger
Xavier
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
Kroos
Murray
Super Progress
COTR
The Chosen Glenn
rosenthal
blutgraetsche
Deluded F*ck™
Jaime
shazlx
messiah
TheCrazy58
Pierre Littbarski
christmasborocooper
debaser
Pras_tama
Roger Hunt
Axeslammer
110%
Kimbo
Fey
Luis
38 posters

Todays Transfer Rumours

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 7 Empty Re: Todays Transfer Rumours

Post by Jaime Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Luis wrote:Mourinho would rather play a 36 year old striker than Lukaku, that says it all for his future at the club. He tailed off a bit last season but on his day he can be unplayable - I'd have liked to have gone for him over Bony personally.

After Lukaku asked to leave last summer and then was talking to the press about Jose there was no way he was ever going to have a future. Once you burn a bridge with Jose there is no way back. Jose doesn't prefer Drogba for footballing reasons only that Drogba is "one of his guys".
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:25 am

110% wrote:
    stinger wrote:Apparently we are going to buy Lukaku from Chelsea and then sign him for 5 years. If it's true, we would need additional CB and winger cover to make it a very, very good summer.

Chelsea want 30 million for him though. And that's without the English premium Wink

28 million seems to me to be a lot considering chelsea only paid 32 million for diego costa, but his value can increase since he is only 21, so could be sold back to chelsea in a few years for even bigger money:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2087064-which-of-romelu-lukuku-loic-remy-and-wilfried-bony-is-the-top-striker-to-target

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:02 am

110% wrote:
    110% wrote:
    stinger wrote:Apparently we are going to buy Lukaku from Chelsea and then sign him for 5 years. If it's true, we would need additional CB and winger cover to make it a very, very good summer.

Chelsea want 30 million for him though. And that's without the English premium Wink

28 million seems to me to be a lot considering chelsea only paid 32 million for diego costa, but his value can increase since he is only 21, so could be sold back to chelsea in a few years for even bigger money:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2087064-which-of-romelu-lukuku-loic-remy-and-wilfried-bony-is-the-top-striker-to-target

He's better than anything else Everton could have bought so they will be delighted
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Luis wrote:Mourinho would rather play a 36 year old striker than Lukaku, that says it all for his future at the club. He tailed off a bit last season but on his day he can be unplayable - I'd have liked to have gone for him over Bony personally.

After Lukaku asked to leave last summer and then was talking to the press about Jose there was no way he was ever going to have a future. Once you burn a bridge with Jose there is no way back. Jose doesn't prefer Drogba for footballing reasons only that Drogba is "one of his guys".
     Erm 
    You're such a Mourinhophobe

Diego Costa is 25 and much more proven, talented and experienced than Lukaku. Lukaku apparently wants to start, which I don't begrudge him, but that is not likely to happen in Chelsea as long as Costa is there. I would have stayed at least one more year to battle it out with Costa but I get his decision. From the perspective of Chelsea, this deal makes more sense because they will get a lot of money for him which matters now with FFP and if they had kept him on the bench his value would probably have dropped by next summer. At best I think it is flawed by Chelsea to have Drogba and Torres as your back up strikers. Torres should be switched with somebody who offers a different threat and then they would be well set.

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 7 10583905_1120547444652137_271895805778977794_n
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 pm

The Evertonians can't play the 'we don't spend any money' card this season if things go pear shaped as well. It's good that the Rooney money has finally turned up though.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:39 pm

I love how that little meme adds 36-year old free transfer Drogba in, and still manages to get the fees wrong. I bet the wage bill is much higher as a result too.

Mourinho appears to be getting his way with the transfers, selling Lukaku and Mata seem like odd decisions to some of us, but he can't have any complaints if they don't win the league this season. That squad is ridiculous, albeit it would be better with Lukaku and Mata.

110%

Post by 110% Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Evra is gone:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt4CVEwCMAEpg_1.jpg

Is Serie A a good league to retire to?

S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:11 pm

The Chosen Glenn wrote:I love how that little meme adds 36-year old free transfer Drogba in, and still manages to get the fees wrong. I bet the wage bill is much higher as a result too.

Mourinho appears to be getting his way with the transfers, selling Lukaku and Mata seem like odd decisions to some of us, but he can't have any complaints if they don't win the league this season. That squad is ridiculous, albeit it would be better with Lukaku and Mata.

Any wage bill increase will have been countered by the removal of £300,000 per week off the payroll in Lampard & Cole glenneth.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:24 pm

Luis wrote:The Evertonians can't play the 'we don't spend any money' card this season if things go pear shaped as well. It's good that the Rooney money has finally turned up though.
    We clearly still can do it Wink 

Maybe one day we will use Fellaini or TV Income money too  Laugh 

Apparently we are now trying to get Guardado, have my doubts about him delivering in Premier League though, he even didn't progress well in Primera over last few years.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:23 pm

We're closing in on a double swoop for Moreno and Manquillo. After Remy I will never celebrate until I see players claiming they were a boyhood Liverpool fan and holding up the scarf but if we can pull these deals off then it's looking a really good summer for us!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 pm

Remy said he was a boyhood Liverpool fan?  Laughing  He's the definition of a mercenary, I'd like him back, but I think he's a bit of an Ekotto in that he just see's football as a job.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Apparently we have our striker, some guy called Facundo Ferreya on loan. His nickname is chunky. I like that it's a loan, that way we will pretty much break even and won't do a Portsmouth.
    110%

Post by 110% Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Kimbo wrote:Apparently we have our striker, some guy called Facundo Ferreya on loan. His nickname is chunky. I like that it's a loan, that way we will pretty much break even and won't do a Portsmouth.

I think you mean "Chucky" because he looks like the evil doll
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Oh yes it is chucky, that's more positive considering the obesity epidemic our squad already has.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Lampard going to Man City on loan til Jan Erm

move is particularly interesting in that it shows how Man City's owners are going to be linking the various clubs they own now
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:09 pm

He really bleeds blue, doesn't he?

Another 6 months of Gerrard vs. Lampard comparisons, we all should be grateful. It's one last hurrah...
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:21 pm

110% wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Apparently we have our striker, some guy called Facundo Ferreya on loan. His nickname is chunky. I like that it's a loan, that way we will pretty much break even and won't do a Portsmouth.

I think you mean "Chucky" because he looks like the evil doll

who are ya calling Chunky?!

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 7 3abac65d-263c-4f3b-9ac8-43a10eab2c71-460x276[
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:33 am

While the media have been quick to acclaim our transfer activity this summer, it is arguable that we are weaker than last season and there are still gaping holes in our squad. From this time last year, we've swapped Cabaye for Siem de Jong, Debuchy for Janmaat, Gutierrez/Gosling for Colback, and Remy for Riviere. At least Rivieire is our player, but while De Jong and Janmaat sound like decent signings for the price, overall that seems a significant decline in the level of our first eleven. We have added Cabella, but loaned out Marveaux and, more pertinently, seem to have frozen Ben Arfa out of the squad entirely - the most atrocious abuse of a player I've seen, and Dalglish and Souness already provided bold examples.

We've added Ayoze too, but it's hard to think that he hasn't essentially signed his career away by joining us. I don't know if there's even the thought of using him much in the league over the coming season, but - as much as the club occasionally promotes a youth policy - we have an appalling record under Pardew for improving players and giving opportunities to youngsters. I think we need to spend on a proven striker; having sold Tavernier we could use a second right back; and there's an argument for another wide player too if Ben Arfa isn't going to feature. I guess if we do loan Ferreya, the numbers are starting to build, but the quality isn't there - and what there is will continue to be scuppered by Pardew and the coaching staff.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:01 am

Bashmachkin wrote:While the media have been quick to acclaim our transfer activity this summer, it is arguable that we are weaker than last season and there are still gaping holes in our squad. From this time last year, we've swapped Cabaye for Siem de Jong, Debuchy for Janmaat, Gutierrez/Gosling for Colback, and Remy for Riviere. At least Rivieire is our player, but while De Jong and Janmaat sound like decent signings for the price, overall that seems a significant decline in the level of our first eleven. We have added Cabella, but loaned out Marveaux and, more pertinently, seem to have frozen Ben Arfa out of the squad entirely - the most atrocious abuse of a player I've seen, and Dalglish and Souness already provided bold examples.

We've added Ayoze too, but it's hard to think that he hasn't essentially signed his career away by joining us. I don't know if there's even the thought of using him much in the league over the coming season, but - as much as the club occasionally promotes a youth policy - we have an appalling record under Pardew for improving players and giving opportunities to youngsters. I think we need to spend on a proven striker; having sold Tavernier we could use a second right back; and there's an argument for another wide player too if Ben Arfa isn't going to feature. I guess if we do loan Ferreya, the numbers are starting to build, but the quality isn't there - and what there is will continue to be scuppered by Pardew and the coaching staff.

Ben Arfa isn't even with the squad in Germany, even though he has lost the excess weight. It's mad!

I think we're weaker overall than we were last season aswell, and even if the players we've brought in do well, the fact we have no goalscorer means we're worse off. Pardew teams are fucked without a quality finisher there to bail him out, Riviere doesn't seem like that player, so we'll be relying on this Chucky person assuming he comes, i'm not optimistic he will be that good, even though he's apparently a FM legend. We can't keep getting lucky with strikers.

On top of this I expect fucking Colback to play alot of games, Sissoko to play out of position, and it seems Mbiwa is being sacrificed for Taylor, the worst defender in the league. Plus if Krul gets injured, which is possible, we'll be stuck with Rob Elliot.

And our youth policy is shit, I didn't even want us to buy that Eric Dier because we would ruin him, and i'm sure the latest hyped youngsters Aarons and Armstrong will go the same way as Bigirimana, wherever that is. I really thought he looked like a future England player.

So i'm not optimistic or excited, a signing like Cabella should be exciting, so that's a shame. The positive is there is alot of shite in the league at the moment.
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:51 am

Yes, under Pardew we've relied on established players being bought for moderate fees and maintaining their levels over a few seasons - before being sold. Nobody has tangibly improved under him, and as all the guile and movement and impetus is coached out of the attacking players, we have been dependent on clinical goalscorers - Ba for a season and a half, Cisse for half a season, and Remy last season. Without one, like you I think we might really struggle.

We bought Bigirimana as an eighteen-year-old playing regularly for Coventry, and we were forced to use him in his first season with us owing to injuries. He looked really composed for his age, tidy with the ball and physically strong. Once some of the senior players returned, he was relegated to the reserves and we haven't given him an opportunity since. It is obvious that Pardew - aside from being a terrible coach - doesn't have the courage to field youngsters, and I think he's inclined to make scapegoats of them when they do play because he's always looking for an easy way to deflect from his own shortcomings.

It is impossible to argue that we are serious about any youth policy while Pardew remains our manager, and while our coaching setup is so lacking in talent and in numbers. But we have spent a bit on youngsters, and some decent local players have emerged, but they've all been entirely neglected. I thought Bigirimana looked genuinely promising; Tavernier seemed to me a capable second-choice right back; Abeid impressed in Greece last season but has always struggled for a chance with us; Campbell looks like going the way of Ferguson and Vuckic; and that's only mentioning those players who've received the briefest of moments in our first team: it ignores a number of prospects, some of whom we spent decent fees on, who have been hyped then fallen by the wayside over the last four seasons. Some of these players have played elsewhere on loan without prospering, but you have to give talented youngsters an opportunity at the top level, place some faith in them and make them feel part of the squad. Again, the point is that players do not improve with us; and if you're not coming to us with an already entrenched skill-set, then you're wasting your time.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:25 am

Balotelli rumoured for Liverpool. Doesn't seem like a Rogers player to me  scratch 
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Jaime or any other la liga expert: sounds like we are signing Matteo Musacchio from Villareal. Won their Player of the season, seems like they are pissed he is leaving. Otherwise I know very little about him. Lowdown?
    110%

Post by 110% Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:53 am

Roger Hunt wrote:Balotelli rumoured for Liverpool. Doesn't seem like a Rogers player to me  scratch 

Dodged a bullet there:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11009536/Liverpools-Brendan-Rodgers-rejects-reports-that-he-wants-to-sign-Mario-Balotelli-from-AC-Milan.html

But he insists there will be no move for Balotelli, despite Milan’s readiness to offload him. “I was asked the question about Balotelli last week and spoke about what a talent he is and excellent player he is,” Rodgers said. “But I can categorically tell you that he will not be coming to Liverpool.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:02 pm

We've signed younglings Bash!!!! English ones aswell, and they will be loaned back to Forest for the season to keep them away from Pardew.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2715654/Newcastle-United-sign-Nottingham-Forest-duo-Jamaal-Lascelles-Karl-Darlow-Lyon-s-Clement-Grenier-remains-radar.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Not too happy about having someone called Jamaal on the books.
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 pm

You are never happy about anything Pot so no change there !
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:11 pm

COTR wrote:You are never happy about anything Pot so no change there !

You people still whinge about Hodgson, and he was there for about 6 months.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    COTR wrote:You are never happy about anything Pot so no change there !

You people still whinge about Hodgson, and he was there for about 6 months.

Huh ?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:19 pm

Imagine you were stuck with him forever, how happy would you be? I thought so!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:16 pm

To be fair, that's something of a coup for Newcastle United. I can't presume to say I've seen much of either player, but Lascelles in particular has been continuously linked with the top 6 clubs and appears to be very highly rated despite relatively little first team experience. At the very least as both are English, if they even fulfill 50% of their potential over the next 5 years Newcastle will be well placed to sell them on at a healthy profit.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Isco Benny wrote:To be fair, that's something of a coup for Newcastle United. I can't presume to say I've seen much of either player, but Lascelles in particular has been continuously linked with the top 6 clubs and appears to be very highly rated despite relatively little first team experience. At the very least as both are English, if they even fulfill 50% of their potential over the next 5 years Newcastle will be well placed to sell them on at a healthy profit.

WHOA DUDE! In that case i'm honoured to have him on the books. It's a fine signing, their championship experience could come in handy next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:58 pm