Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Super Milanista!
ArthurFriedenreich
Machiavel
A & K
chelsea-allstars
TheCrazy58
Tweesus
Sgoater1
theflyingfrenchman
DD
Sheffield gunner
Murray
Napoléon
La Saeta Rubia
bluenine
Hardrada
Deano
Pirlo
22 posters

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 - Page 8 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:33 pm

Supperpippo wrote:Yep, that could be a very affective strike force.

Won't happen though unfortunately. This guy has been class all his career even though all the attention was given to Sheva. Just been unlucky with injuries. ok
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Number of posts : 1774
    Supports : Milan (IE: Rossoneri, Diavoli)
    Registration date : 2006-10-10

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 - Page 8 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by Super Milanista! Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:45 pm

But Sheva isn't there anymore i think it's his turn and gila's to shine now.
    Even if he doesn't start he will most likley score. As teh italians say "lascia il segno in pochi minuti"- he lieaves his mark in a few minutes.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:50 pm

Supperpippo wrote:But Sheva isn't there anymore i think it's his turn and gila's to shine now.
    Even if he doesn't start he will most likley score. As teh italians say "lascia il segno in pochi minuti"- he lieaves his mark in a few minutes.

Of course he only needs one chance to score. Who do you reckon will start then?
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:55 pm

nowadays with donadoni i have no clue.
    After di natale's assist i think he could start, He might rest toni, which also leaves a good chance for pippo. And Di michele also looks like an option. What do you think?
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:58 pm

Supperpippo wrote:nowadays with donadoni i have no clue.
    After di natale's assist i think he could start, He might rest toni, which also leaves a good chance for pippo. And Di michele also looks like an option. What do you think?

Does he like to rotate alot then? Well I'm not sure then if he rotates alot. I would go for Toni and Pippo.(but I'm biased <Ale> )
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:07 pm

No those are the same people i would go for aswell. He does rotate a bit, but will keep some of the same people in that play a central role. buffon he will keep, zamrotta (there is like no-one else), de rossi, and pirlo (if he is better), perrotta will come back and so will nesta. It's the question of mid and up front.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:14 pm

Supperpippo wrote:No those are the same people i would go for aswell. He does rotate a bit, but will keep some of the same people in that play a central role. buffon he will keep, zamrotta (there is like no-one else), de rossi, and pirlo (if he is better), perrotta will come back and so will nesta. It's the question of mid and up front.

Can you give me your ideal team and the team you think will start the next game.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:30 pm

I was hoping that we'd use the same team that we used against Ukraine with Toni supported by Del Piero and Cameronesi....wit Nesta to come in for Materazzi.

But Donadoni is likely to change it....
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:32 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:I was hoping that we'd use the same team that we used against Ukraine with Toni supported by Del Piero and Cameronesi....wit Nesta to come in for Materazzi.

What formation was that then mate?
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:32 pm

The training sessions would indicate that a four man defence - Zacc, Canna, Sandro and Zambro - Nesta replacing Matrix and Oddo dropped for Zacc - more solid, but less creative. Donadoni has tested several formations in training this week.

Pirlo's illness causes concern, is Perrotta match-fit anyway after his injury?? This will probably force Donadoni to change tactic AGAIN. I would like to see the side play with some REAL width for a change, we certainly have the players with the pace like YAK, Marchionni and Semioli - even if they are not called for duty this time, Di Michele is fantastic, i would like to see him start, Toni is rediscovering his form also, it is important to take advantage of this.

We will probably switch from the trident 4-3-3 to a more 'familiar' 4-4-1-1, the question there is who will ocuupy the 'hole' and the target positions? Toni is obviously the best at holding and physically suited for this role. I am sure there is space in this tactic for Iaquinta also.

Di Michele benefits more from a trident system and having lots of support and targets, i'm not sure there is space for him here. Nor with FOUR across the midfield would you expect Donadoni to field FOURE central midfielders - Perrotta simply doesn't look familiar on the left and tends to drift inside.

Alas, but the DONKEY will probably come into the side.

Most likely:

Buffon, Zaccardo, Cannavaro, Nesta, Zambrotta; DONKEY, BEAST, BEAUTY, Perrotta; Di Natale, Toni.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE NEWS REGARDING PIRLO:

Euro 2008, qualificazioni: Donadoni 'Più dubbi del solito'

Buone notizie provenienti dall'infermeria per il ct Donadoni. Andrea Pirlo potrebbe recuperare per la partita di domani sera contro i padroni di casa della Georgia. Il centrocampista del Milan si è allenato con gli azzurri che hanno cominciato da pochi minuti l'allenamento al Boris Paichadze National Stadium di Tbilisi, in vista di Georgia-Italia di domani. Pirlo ieri era rimasto a riposo precauzionale per una tracheite con raffreddore che lo avevano debilitato. Donadoni, dopo il riscaldamento, ha diviso gli azzurri in due gruppi per una partitella alla mano: da una parte Buffon, Oddo, Materazzi, Barzagli, Pasqual, Camoranesi, Pirlo, Delvecchio, Del Piero, Inzaghi e Di Natale; dall'altra Amelia, Zaccardo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Mauri, De Rossi, Perrotta, Iaquinta, Toni e Di Michele.
    Roberto Donadoni non ha intenzione di svelare la formazione in vista della sfida contro la Georgia. A sentire lui ''Stavolta
    ho più dubbi del solito. Diciamo almeno uno per reparto,
    anzi due a centrocampo. Domattina valuterò''.
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:34 pm

My ideal team with the players that are available:

------------Buffon-------------
    Oddo----nesta---canna----Zambrotta
    Camoranesi----pirlo-----De Rossi-----Perrotta
    ---------Inzaghi------Toni--------

Probable line up:

-----------Buffon-----------
    Zaccardo-----Nesta------Canna-----Zambrotta
    Camoranesi-----pirlo----de rossi------Perrotta
    ------------del piero------------
    ------------Inzaghi-------------

I have no clue i am bad at putting in probable line ups. It also depends what formation he is playing. I also recently heard he could do a 3-5-2. So who knows. And i have know clue if pirlo will be better by then.
    waft the

Post by waft the Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:35 pm

It's a trident.

I heard it's gonna be Toni alone up front Di Natale just behind.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:37 pm

waft the hapless youth wrote:It's a trident.

I feel we could do with a little bit of pace injected into the side.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:38 pm

Thats not so bad then if Di Natale is playing...as it means Perrotta will be back cheers
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:41 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:

Thats not so bad then if Di Natale is playing...as it means Perrotta will be back cheers

I'd rather see two out and out strikers mate.
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:43 pm

yours truly wrote:
    italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:I was hoping that we'd use the same team that we used against Ukraine with Toni supported by Del Piero and Cameronesi....wit Nesta to come in for Materazzi.

Buffon; Oddo, Materazzi, Canna, Zambo; Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi; Del Piero, Toni, Iaquinta

4-3-3

He may change to 4-4-1-1...with Toni as the lone striker supported by Di Natale.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:44 pm

yours truly wrote:

Hmm...im a fan of Perrotta...always have been
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:46 pm

yours truly wrote:

Same here mate but isn't there a way to include Perotta and an out an out striker?
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:46 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    yours truly wrote:

Buffon; Oddo, Materazzi, Canna, Zambo; Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi; Del Piero, Toni, Iaquinta

4-3-3

He may change to 4-4-1-1...with Toni as the lone striker supported by Di Natale.

What formation do you reckon will be used?
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:49 pm

I can't remember the last time Italy employed a straight 4-4-2. We don't have the players for it in this sqaud.

Perrotta is not a left-winger, the tactic would have to be flexible, switching to a more 4-3-2-1 trident look when in attack, with DONKEY supporting Christmas.

If we want genuine width then it would make more sense to have Oddo, Di Natale, Di Michele in the side, as each can bring their own interpretations to the position.

Otherwise we look to players for future inclusion in squads: Marchionni, Semioli, Rosina can all bring something to this channel.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:49 pm

yours truly wrote:
    yours truly wrote:

Same here mate but isn't there a way to include Perotta and an out an out striker?

Hmm I'd prefer Del Piero to play instead of Di Natale...but Perrotta to play
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:52 pm

yours truly wrote:
    yours truly wrote:

What formation do you reckon will be played then and what one do you best think suits Italians?
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:54 pm

by the sounds of it.....hes playing a 4-4-1-1

the best I think is the Trident....
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:59 pm

I heard that nesta was like 95% coming in as well as Zaccardo. Gattuso is unavailable through suspension. THough i would definitly rather play Oddo. Hopefullly Pirlo will be better by tomorrow. And playing Di michele could aslo be good. But the team that played on Sat was a good team. so if i was donadoni i wouldn't change it too much. The players need stability.
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:26 pm

yours truly wrote:
    yours truly wrote:
    yours truly wrote:

What formation do you reckon will be played then and what one do you best think suits Italians?

IMO I have always preferred Italy to play a 4-3-3 like they did against Germany in March. Del Piero on the left supporting two more central strikers.

However, apart from against Australia, Lippi did not use that system after March. Also recently it has not worked the best...

I have my reservations about 4-3-1-2...especially when Totti is not fit (irrelevant right now).

So, given all those realities, I would not mind seeing a 4-4-2...with more orthodox strikers like Toni and Inzaghi. Also Del Piero behind Toni would be great as it would give Alex a freer role which he loves. Juve essentially play(ed) Alex as a 2nd striker behind Trez to great effect.

Pirlo and De Rossi could provide the thrust from midfield and Perrotta could perhaps link up a bit more with the front 2 when needed.
    ArthurFriedenreich

Number of posts : 22

Post by ArthurFriedenreich Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:20 pm

Italy u 21 2-0 spain
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:27 pm

What beautiful goals by Chiellini and Montolivo. The game got a bit tacky towards the end, but all in all Italy played well and I am happy that they got through to the Euro.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:54 pm

Ciao Pippo!

<Ale>

TONIGHT WE CELEBRATE!

TWO FANTASTIC GOALS!!!!! AMAZING GOAL FROM 'THE ARMOURED TRUCK'!!!! <Ale>

And then... MONTOLIVO - Fantastic play by Palladino and then from Monty 'Tonight i'm going to be VAN BASTEN!!!!'' <Ale>

Rosina i think played an exceptional match - always looking to run at his man, great crosses - causing great trouble.

Curci - great save in the opening moments.

We have a fantastic U-21 record, i hope we can continue it but first, it is great to have qualified against a very difficult opponent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due gioielli valgono l'Europa

Due gol spettacolari, firmati da Chiellini e Montolivo, e poi una tattica attenta regalano all'Under 21 azzurra la vittoria sulla Spagna (2-1) e la fase finale dell'Europeo a giugno in Olanda.

PALENCIA, 10 ottobre - Chiamatela pure vittoria all’italiana, ma vittoria resta e pure pesantissima. L’Under 21 di Casiraghi vince 2-1 in Spagna dopo lo 0-0 di Modena e si qualifica per l’Europeo 2007 in Olanda, dove ci saranno in palio anche quattro posti per l’Olimpiade di Pechino 2008. Grande sofferenza per i nostri, che colpiscono nel primo tempo con Chiellini e Montolivo e resistono in trincea nella ripresa sotto i colpi degli avversari ridestati dal centro di Soldado.

COME ALL'ANDATA - La Spagna è la stessa dell’andata, con un 4-2-3-1 in cui Saez come trequartista di destra preferisce Arizmendi al talento anarchico di Jurado. Anche l’Italia cambia ben poco rispetto a Modena. Nel 4-1-4-1 azzurro l’unica novità è Pellè al posto di Pozzi. Da segnalare che proprio al termine della rifinitura Aquilani si è accasciato per una storta alla caviglia. Dopo attimi di agitazione di tutto lo staff medico, il romanista ha stretto i denti, ma con il vicentino Padoin che ha preso a scaldarsi sin dal fischio d’inizio. Gasati dall’urlo degli 8mila della Nueva Balastera gli spagnoli partono a tutta e Curci deve subito salvare in angolo il colpo di testa di Kepa. I nostri ci capiscono poco, con Palladino che tende ad accentrarsi ma di fatto apre delle voragini a sinistra. Aquilani deve andare a tappare il buco, ma è tutto il centrocampo che non riesce a trovare tempi e spazi, malgrado la supposta superiorità numerica. I padroni di casa sono più corti e sulla trequarti sfruttano l’agilità di Gavilan e Silva e la forza fisica del pennellone Arizmendi. Il fato però si colora di azzurro al 24’, quando Rosina cerca Palladino, ma il pallone incespica nelle gambe di Chiellini, bravo a trovare il passo e tentare un sinistro da 25 metri che beffa Moyà, ben fuori dai pali.

LA SPAGNA SI SGONFIA - La Spagna qui perde sicurezza e si sgonfia come un souffleé. I nostri capiscono che è il momento di piantare la seconda banderilla e mostrano un cinismo imbarazzante. Al secondo affondo arriva il secondo gol. E che gol. Palladino sfonda a sinistra e pennella un cross sul quale si avventa Montolivo che trova un destro al volo tanto preciso quanto potente. Ora gli spagnoli per passare dovrebbero segnare tre gol, ma nemmeno gli inserimenti di De La Red e Soldado a inizio ripresa paiono dare la scossa auspicata da Saez. Invece entra anche il fantasista Jurado e basta una distrazione dei nostri per riaccendere la Nueva Balastrera. Sul cross di Gavilan, Soldado anticipa Mantovani, fin ì impeccabile, e riapre i giochi. I nostri sono bravi a non perdere la testa, anche se un minimo di lucidità in più nel far girare palla avrebbe salvato polmoni e coronarie. Ma al di là di una serie di cross e controcross i rossi non vanno. Con la coppia Montolivo-Aquilani a dettare tempi e gioco, la vera scommessa di Casiraghi, questi ragazzi possono andare davvero lontano.
    waft the

Post by waft the Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:38 am

Super result for the Azzurrini last night. Unforgettable goals. How come Chiellini never does anything like that for Juve?!

Really the kids looks very good. Future looks very bright for Italy, Palladino is wonderful.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:40 pm

Casiraghi celebrates Euro victory

Pierluigi Casiraghi and his lads are celebrating booking the Azzurrini’s ticket to the European Under-21 Championships.

“It was a tough game, as we expected, but we were ready for it and came away with a thoroughly deserved win and qualification,” said the Coach after their 2-1 victory in Spain.

“They did really well to stay calm under pressure in the second half. This qualification is very satisfying, as in four games we absolutely had to win every one and it was very tense.”

This play-off was considered almost an anticipated Final, as Italy and Spain have a strong pedigree at Under-21 level.

“It’s a great shame these two sides can’t both be in the Finals, as the seeding system needs to be addressed. With England-Germany as well, it’s not fair to keep the best sides out and let B-level teams in.”

Giorgio Chiellini opened the scoring with a delightful half-volley from 25 metres that dipped mercilessly into the top corner.

“The ball was bouncing too beautifully, I couldn’t resist it!” smiled the Juventus full-back with the sweet left foot.

“I scored a similar goal at Fiorentina, so if you don’t try, you won’t hit the back of the net. We had two great goals tonight to top off an excellent performance from the whole team.

“We proved this is a wonderful side and we tried to give our all for Coach Casiraghi. We’ll now try to go all the way in Holland.”

The other goal came from Riccardo Montolivo and was equally spectacular – if not more so – a perfectly timed volley under the bar.

“The Press said we were done for and I couldn’t understand why, as we proved today that we are a talented side and deserved this win. The Spanish bench was very tense at the end and there were some very tough tackles flying in,” explained the Fiorentina midfielder.

“My aim is to continue improving myself and working on the weaknesses in my game. We’ll take on every match with the right level of humility, but at the same time are aware of our quality and what we can achieve.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:17 am