Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
S4P
Sgoater1
stinger
Antarion
Aristoskank
Murray
Protheus
Sheffield gunner
Fade out
COTR
OP9
Pras_tama
Hlebagone
TheCrazy58
shazlx
TITO
Isco Benny
Super Progress
Jaime
debaser
blutgraetsche
mongrel hawk
Juligen
Kroos
Chocolate Thunder
Rosicky
Luis
Xavier
Allez les rouges
Fey
Black Magic
fcb
Pierre Littbarski
Oleguerisntthatbad
bluenine
Formerly known as sheva7
christmasborocooper
Calidad
Barrilete
Puro
44 posters

COPA AMERICA

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

COPA AMERICA - Page 3 Empty Re: COPA AMERICA

Post by Puro Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Looks like thousands and thousands of Peruvians have gone to Argentina to accompany La Selección. Sí Mes Amis, the game against Uruguay will be HUGE for both teams. Uruguay believes they can reach the Final and so do we! Whoop
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:44 pm

LOL, Messi was named best player in last night game, what fame can do is magic. Aguero saved the fucking day
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Come on Peru! Spirit of '75. We can do it cheers
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:06 pm

Puro wrote:Looks like thousands and thousands of Peruvians have gone to Argentina to accompany La Selección. Sí Mes Amis, the game against Uruguay will be HUGE for both teams. Uruguay believes they can reach the Final and so do we! Whoop

I hope Peru and Uruguay go through, but I'll support Uruguay against Peru (and probably against Brazil either).

By the way, Ramirez wasn't called, it seems. Better for us. He's a reserve in Corinthians, but he always plays alright whenever he plays.

Have you heard we've beaten São Paulo 5-0 last week? lol!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:08 pm

The Bolivia goal didn't look like it had crossed the line for me.

Argentina were incredibly wasteful but Bolivia might have won it with that 1 on 1. Lavezzi has a lot of pace but there's questions over his temperament for me. Tevez was pretty poor, Messi was great but didn't seem to have the confidence to actually score. As others have pointed out though, Argentina's midfield badly lacks a great passer of the ball and their game was often broken down in that area.

Aguero is just boss Blush
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:19 pm

debaser wrote:Come on Peru! Spirit of '75. We can do it cheers

Biggrin I would feel very optimistic of going very far in Copa América with a full squad, but we're missing key players in Pizarro, Farfán, Ramírez, Guizasola...through injury. Vargas is not fit, but he may be ready for the second game.

The other guys who've gone to play are capable replacements, but there are many teams who are set already since last WC like Uruguay, Paraguay, even Chile after Bielsa's departure look really good. Colombia (they think they can play six games!), Ecuador, and Venezuela have improved. Bolivia are tactically sound and can surprise anyone.

I'll be happy if we reach the semifinals with what we've got. Quarterfinals looks like par. Although the guys who went to the tournament in place of Pizarro, Farfán...BELIEVE they can beat ANYONE!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
    By the way, Ramirez wasn't called, it seems. Better for us. He's a reserve in Corinthians, but he always plays alright whenever he plays.

Have you heard we've beaten São Paulo 5-0 last week? lol!

Ramírez was gonna play, but them Senegal players kicked the shite out of him during our last tune-up game fucking up his ankles. They looked like baseballs. Biggrin

Senegal are a dirty, fucking nasty bunch FFS, they kicked anything that moved. They injured three of our players: Ramírez, Zambrano, and Guerrero. The first two couldn't recover for the tournament. So we lost two more starters along with the already missing Pizarro and Farfán.

Yeah, I read about your big win in the league. Looks like you own Sao Paulo, they own Santos, and Santos and Palmeiras own you, no?
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Kroos wrote:MESSI

OVERRATED

USELESS

Juligen wrote:LOL, Messi was named best player in last night game, what fame can do is magic. Aguero saved the fucking day
    Somehow I'm not surprised. Erm

Well done Boliva for sticking it to the hosts. <Ale>

fcb wrote:Cambiasso-Mascherano-Banega

What a dreadful midfield Doh

Does anyone other than Bluenine (and the Argentinian coach, apparently) actually rate Cambiasso?
    Whoop
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Puro wrote:Yeah, I read about your big win in the league. Looks like you own Sao Paulo, they own Santos, and Santos and Palmeiras own you, no?

historically, são paulo own palmeiras, which own corinthians, which own são paulo. santos is owned by those 3 (this is based on numbers, not on my opinion).
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm

fcb wrote:Cambiasso-Mascherano-Banega

What a dreadful midfield Doh

Does anyone other than Bluenine (and the Argentinian coach, apparently) actually rate Cambiasso?

I thought that Argentina would be unstoppable now that Banega has been 'given the reigns'. Rolling Eyes
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
    historically, são paulo own palmeiras, which own corinthians, which own são paulo. santos is owned by those 3 (this is based on numbers, not on my opinion).

I hear you, Todo. The same shite happens everywhere where team "a" has the measure of team "b", and team "b" owns team "c", and team "a" are the bitches of "c". It's like Brasil totally treats Germany like bitches, the Germans do the same to the Dutchies, but somehow Brasil have their work cut out against them Dutchies. And, that's because you all were brainwashed about the "naranja mecánica" bullshite by the Khazar media from England/Holland. They are two different countries with huge ties though. Their two Queens are cousins. Both countries are owned by Khazars.

Another example, Italia owns Germany, but them Italiani have a hard time playing against England, and the Krauts own the Roastbeefs.

Or how the Dutchies are the bitches of the Portuguese, but Portugal seem to be afraid of the Krauts. I hear you, Todo.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:09 pm

The international press have selected Perú's strip as the best in Copa América followed by Argentina's and then Brasil's.

NO SHITE, SHERLOCKS! lol!

What a fucking surprise. Rolling Eyes Biggrin <Ale>
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Brazil today:

------------------J César----------------------

D Alves-------Lúcio-------T Silva------A Santos

------------Rimires-------Lucas----------------

---------------------Ganso---------------------

Robinho--------------Pato--------------Neymar---
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Brazil today:

------------------J César----------------------

D Alves-------Lúcio-------T Silva------A Santos

------------Rimires-------Lucas----------------

---------------------Ganso---------------------

Robinho--------------Pato--------------Neymar---

(On paper) a great looking side. Would look even better with Marcelo + Hernanes in for Santos + Lucas respectively. Be interesting to see how well the front four will work together.

I don't understand why Argentina aren't playing a similar formation with Pastore in the Ganso role.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:35 pm

because they have a ass for a coach, the moment argentina get a half decent coach is the moment they will start performing at their level
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:45 pm

That's what they said when Maradona was in charge. Didn't Batista win olympic gold in charge of Argentina a few years ago and was held in high regard ever since? As was said earlier, maybe it's a bit too simple to blame it on the gaffer.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:22 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:That's what they said when Maradona was in charge. Didn't Batista win olympic gold in charge of Argentina a few years ago and was held in high regard ever since? As was said earlier, maybe it's a bit too simple to blame it on the gaffer.

olympic gold doesn't count for much, the man is a average coach, but that fucko that runs the AFA doesn't want to hire a strong coach like a Sabella, has that would weaken his position. argentina will not do shit unless he leaves, he has been there too fucking long.

the talent could never be argued with and even more so espically midfield going forward, their defense needs some work though and thats pretty slim for any half decent coach to organize a defense, even if they don't have the biggest names.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Looking forward to the match. Brazil should win but Venezuela have a couple of potentially explosive players up front in Rondon and Arango.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 pm

the front 4 only hype for me, for me they are all robinho level right now, and hes utter average Very Happy

maybe they can change my opinion in this game, have to say i will watch them for the first time Wink

will be interesting too watch, neymar and ganso, brasils future
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:47 pm

All the recent hype has been about Neymar, but me thinks Ganso is going to be the real future Brazilian superstar.

Made the difference in the Copa Libertadores final after missing the first leg.

I'd wager will be THE best playmaker in World Footballer in the next couple of years.

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:48 pm

Kroos wrote:the front 4 only hype for me, for me they are all robinho level right now, and hes utter average Very Happy

maybe they can change my opinion in this game, have to say i will watch them for the first time Wink

will be interesting too watch, neymar and ganso, brasils future

Last year Neymar and Ganso played with Robinho in Santos. Robinho was completely outshone by both youngsters.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:All the recent hype has been about Neymar, but me thinks Ganso is going to be the real future Brazilian superstar.

I'd wager will be THE best playmaker in World Footballer in the next couple of years.

Maybe in Europe. In Brazil, Ganso is as much hyped as Neymar. The thing is Ganso spent a long time injured, so he was a little forgotten for some time. He's coming back now.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:All the recent hype has been about Neymar, but me thinks Ganso is going to be the real future Brazilian superstar.

nah the name you are looking for is pastore

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:07 pm

look how much better brazil will look than argentina today and this

------Rameriz----Lucas

------------Ganso

is not better than

--------Masch-----Cambiasso

---------------Pastore

not to mention

---Neymar----Pato---Robinho

compared to

---Higuain-----Messi----Di Maria

The brazil defense shits on argetina's though.

surely it can't be the players, they have all performed for their clubs, but be something else.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Pastore needs to bulk up, he's too lightweight currently IMO.

What I like about Ganso is he has the languid natural technique a la Zidane and is also strong and like Zidane has serious aerial ability.

Certainly though both destined for massive futures if they can stay injury free.

Neymar I still think is too temperamental like Robinho, but we'll see. I don't pretend to know as much as the South Americans on this board who will know better than I for sure.

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Ramires - can someone tell me if he is actually good enough to play for Brazil as I've seen nothing from him personally this season at club level to suggest he's international quality.

I'm bias, but surely Sandro is a better option than Ramires in that holding role. He is an absolute BEAST and already a Spurs crowd favourite, being hunted by the likes of Inter and AC Milan after just a year.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:22 pm

this is why i love south american football, don't care if neymar and robinho or twats they make football fun. if only by beloved argentina would get it right
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:23 pm

What's this with all these shit haircuts from the front 3? Together with Alves as far as i saw it.
    Is that a new trend in Brasil?
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Venezuela creating some dangerous situations on the counter. They are easily able to bypass Brazil's midfield, which is probably not hard when you're up against Lucas and Ramires. Brazil have incredible talent going forward, but the team is getting split into 6-4 (the 4 attackers plus the fullbacks) and is not cohesive enough.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Messiah wrote:this is why i love south american football, don't care if neymar and robinho or twats they make football fun. if only by beloved argentina would get it right

Dunno about that, technically it's often a joy to watch no doubt, but I wouldn't call players falling over constantly (not saying they all do it, but Neymar is exceptionally bad for that for example) are not fun to watch. Also, whilst individual skills are great to watch, teams that fail to function tactically and are inept defensively do not make for great viewing either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm