Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
S4P
Sgoater1
stinger
Antarion
Aristoskank
Murray
Protheus
Sheffield gunner
Fade out
COTR
OP9
Pras_tama
Hlebagone
TheCrazy58
shazlx
TITO
Isco Benny
Super Progress
Jaime
debaser
blutgraetsche
mongrel hawk
Juligen
Kroos
Chocolate Thunder
Rosicky
Luis
Xavier
Allez les rouges
Fey
Black Magic
fcb
Pierre Littbarski
Oleguerisntthatbad
bluenine
Formerly known as sheva7
christmasborocooper
Calidad
Barrilete
Puro
44 posters

COPA AMERICA

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

COPA AMERICA - Page 2 Empty Re: COPA AMERICA

Post by Puro Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Fey wrote:Why is Suriname not invited? Not good enough?

Makes more sense then Japan tbh.

Suriname would get crushed, not good enough. They can't even qualify to the WC out of Concacaf playing Canada and the like FFS!
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm

fcb wrote:Japan? WTF?

Honduras and Mexico have been there before and they aren't CONMEBOL.

Personally, I would like to see any non-CONMEBOL berths go to teams that are still from America like USA, Mexico, Honduras.

Japan are quality - shouldn't be in it but its too good an opportunity to get some tough games as opposed to what they face in Asia.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:35 pm

What's up Peons!

Here you go. What a tournament! Shocked

Group A: Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Bolivia.

Group B: Brasil, Paraguay, Ecuador, Venezuela.

Group C: Uruguay, Chile, México, Perú.

On to the quarterfinals and then some! Whoop
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Mes Amis, ONE MONTH 'til Copa América kicks off! Whoop

Argentina has called up EVERYONE but Maradona and Di Stefano in order to FINALLY win one. It's now or never for the Argies, and it's at home.

Brasil will go all out to humiliate Argentina by winning Copa América in their own house. Uruguay may go far again, but let's see how they can handle losing to us to start things off.

Keep an eye on Perú, we are also throwing all the steak on the grill just like everyone else. I will be disappointed IF we don't reach at least the Semi-Final and finish in the top four.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:24 pm

It will certainly be impressive if Peru qualify from a group containing three World Cup teams. Ale
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Chile all the way for me!

cheers

If it won't be Chile im hoping it will be Columbia, Falcao is awesome and a likeble. Since the WC-qualifiers will be a non-event without Brazil im quite looking forward to this one.
    Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:06 pm

I'm going for Chile as well... and Mexico. Smile
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Fey wrote:Chile all the way for me!

cheers

If it won't be Chile im hoping it will be Columbia, Falcao is awesome and a likeble. Since the WC-qualifiers will be a non-event without Brazil im quite looking forward to this one.

Tina Fey, what's up mi amigo Dutch! Good call on Chile. They could surprise since they may be more balanced with Borghi. It is the most competitive group. México will send their U23 team, but people fail to realize that México's best players are all under 23 years old. Keep an eye on us, Fey! you will like what you'll see just like in 1978 when we won our group and you came second. Biggrin <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Yes, Tina Fey! the day has arrived. Let the party begin. I'll be happy is it's half as good as the last edition which roughly translates to twice as good as the last Euros (which was enjoyable as well, wonder why the level of football goes up and the tournament itself is a lot better when England is not competing in the Euros or WC has to be said? scratch
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Love this tournament. Argentina up first on espn 1:30 a.m
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Luis wrote:Love this tournament. Argentina up first on espn 1:30 a.m

That's a bit late for you guys eh!

Can't-miss matches: Argentina-Bolivia, Argentina-Colombia, Colombia-Bolivia, Brasil-Venezuela, Paraguay-Ecuador, Peru-Uruguay, Brasil-Paraguay oh fuck! JUST WATCH THE WHOLE THING IF YOU CAN! lol!
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:00 pm

Bit gutted I will miss the first week of this.

Vamos Ecuador !
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:26 am

Uruguay have to bring home the money Smile

Bolivia, who haven't won a match since 2009, and haven't won an away game since 2007 are beating Argentina in Argentina ffs Laughing 15 mins left..

Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! What a finish!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:33 am

MESSI

OVERRATED

USELESS

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:41 am

argentina ain't going to win even a micky mouse cup with that defense, its the easiest thing to do in football and they fail at it epically
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:54 am

BANG! Some start to the Copa América, eh! Whoop

Very impressed with Bolivia. The second half was INSANE! Argentina went all out in search of the equalizer, and Moreno in a quick Bolivan counter-attack with only Romero to beat, did his best Rooney/Owen impersonation...HE MISSED THE SITTER.

I'm just mentioning them "world class" players from England so that the ones who didn't watch this game, can visualize what happened.

Awesome goal by Agüero to tie this game. Bolivia had the chance to win this game, but Rooney erm Moreno missed the sitter FFS! It would've been Argentina 0-2 Bolivia, but didn't happen.

Folks! imagine Spain hosting the Euros, they're the favorites to win it at home, and England is game against them at the Bernabeu in the opening match of the tournament, taking the game to them in Spain. It ain't happening. Now imagine Spain being game against Argentina in Argentina, it ain't happening either.

Kudos to Bolivia. They were awesome tonight.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:04 am

Kroos wrote:MESSI

OVERRATED

USELESS

This is why Barcelona wouldn't have it so easy in South America. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta...they all run circles around German and English defenders.

It's not even a "Argentina's system is not good for Messi" because Messi had acres of space in a couple occasions and he couldn't even beat ONE defender with his dribbling. He runs past the Bayern defense with ease, but can't fucking beat a Bolivian defender one-on-one with lots of space and momentum to maneuver.

Lucky Barcelona they play against Bayern and Manchester United. Just wait 'til they face Santos. Whoop
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:22 am

Good Lord, I thought this tropjy was in Argentina bag already. Nice to see they still play bad, so much talent, so badly used.

If we can repeat our performance against USA, the only game where Ganso, Neymar, Robinho and Pato played together we may have a really nice team.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:31 am

Cambiasso-Mascherano-Banega

What a dreadful midfield Doh

Does anyone other than Bluenine (and the Argentinian coach, apparently) actually rate Cambiasso?
    Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:47 am

While he's not that great, swapping him for Di Maria was clearly not the answer Argentina were looking for...
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:13 am

Puro wrote:
    Kroos wrote:MESSI

OVERRATED

USELESS

This is why Barcelona wouldn't have it so easy in South America. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta...they all run circles around German and English defenders.

It's not even a "Argentina's system is not good for Messi" because Messi had acres of space in a couple occasions and he couldn't even beat ONE defender with his dribbling. He runs past the Bayern defense with ease, but can't fucking beat a Bolivian defender one-on-one with lots of space and momentum to maneuver.

Lucky Barcelona they play against Bayern and Manchester United. Just wait 'til they face Santos. Whoop

a bayern defence with breno-lell-demichelis-oddo and klinsi as coach, give me a break Very Happy

messi shouldnt play as forward for argentina, they should play with a real striker (tevez, milito) upfront, because messi has not a complete team that can actual pass and create, when they play with 3 DM, while messi is also not the best in this area, hes better than nothing

also there back four, have to say argentina is a 2nd tier team these days

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 am

Juligen wrote:Good Lord, I thought this tropjy was in Argentina bag already. Nice to see they still play bad, so much talent, so badly used.

If we can repeat our performance against USA, the only game where Ganso, Neymar, Robinho and Pato played together we may have a really nice team.

yeh, I'm shocked. their coach must be horrible. no organization at all. how can a team with so many good players play so badly?
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:44 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
    Juligen wrote:Good Lord, I thought this tropjy was in Argentina bag already. Nice to see they still play bad, so much talent, so badly used.

yeh, I'm shocked. their coach must be horrible. no organization at all. how can a team with so many good players play so badly?

I think we need to question the "good players" bit, considering their results and doing a deeper analysis of their squads - they have great attackers, especially a huge depth in the "2nd striker" position, but no creative midfielders (at least until Pastore gains some top level experience), average defenders in all 4 positions, and no good goalkeepers.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:46 am

Argentina Laughing

IMO they are even more overrated then Germany and more hyped then England! Great in friendlies sometimes, but when it really counts they bottle it, honestly in all my life I have never see them do anything, mind you im post-maradonna.

But everytime before a tournament they are rated insanely high. just before last WC, they barely made it ffs! IMO they need to win something fast otherwise those 2 WC's are uselees in my eyes as the two from Uruguay.

Still, good start to a tournament! I wish we could play on Suriname's behalf, we would so win this!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 pm

fcb wrote:
    Mongrel Hawk wrote:

I think we need to question the "good players" bit, considering their results and doing a deeper analysis of their squads - they have great attackers, especially a huge depth in the "2nd striker" position, but no creative midfielders (at least until Pastore gains some top level experience), average defenders in all 4 positions, and no good goalkeepers.

this
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:26 pm

fcb wrote:
    Mongrel Hawk wrote:

Agreed. It's not just tactical shortcomings and an archaic gameplan, more so under Maradona than Batista actually, it's the lack of balance and depth on certain positions a far as the squad is concerned, too.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:42 pm

What the fuck was that Bolivia goal? High quality defending by Argentina lol!
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Messiah wrote:argentina ain't going to win even a micky mouse cup with that defense, its the easiest thing to do in football and they fail at it epically

Banega Superstar! lol!
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:16 pm

fcb wrote:
    Mongrel Hawk wrote:

alright, but an average team with some players like tevez and messi could do much better with some organization. this team could be very strong with a well organized defensive system playing in favour of a world class attack. they were playing bolivia at home, ffs!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
    alright, but an average team with some players like tevez and messi could do much better with some organization. this team could be very strong with a well organized defensive system playing in favour of a world class attack. they were playing bolivia at home, ffs!

Todo! I appreciate Argentina for what they represent in the history of football with two WC's, many Copa Américas, its clubs River, Boca, Independiente...but you must realize that Bolivia aren't the Bolivia of old times. They held you to a 0-0 draw playing in Brasil with only ten men the entire second half. They are tactically sound!

What tournament FFS! IF Colombia beats Costa Rica, suddenly the Argentina-Colombia is SUPER HUGE GAME lol!

And, them Colombians are looking at Copa América just like us "we plan to play at least SIX MATCHES". Tough tough tough game for Argentina next. Where's Spain when Argentina need them? lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:51 pm