Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
S4P
Sgoater1
stinger
Antarion
Aristoskank
Murray
Protheus
Sheffield gunner
Fade out
COTR
OP9
Pras_tama
Hlebagone
TheCrazy58
shazlx
TITO
Isco Benny
Super Progress
Jaime
debaser
blutgraetsche
mongrel hawk
Juligen
Kroos
Chocolate Thunder
Rosicky
Luis
Xavier
Allez les rouges
Fey
Black Magic
fcb
Pierre Littbarski
Oleguerisntthatbad
bluenine
Formerly known as sheva7
christmasborocooper
Calidad
Barrilete
Puro
44 posters

COPA AMERICA

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

COPA AMERICA - Page 17 Empty Re: COPA AMERICA

Post by debaser Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Puro wrote:
    Mongrel Hawk wrote:
    Travelling to Mexico is already a problem in Libertadores. More than 7 hours. To USA, some hours more. To Canada...

I guess it's more or less like England having to travel to South Africa or USA to play a qualifier.

Yeah, that's comparable distance.

But imagine, if you combined the two, you could get 9 SA countries qualifying for the WC, more chance of Peru rather than Trinidad & Tobago or Canada sneaking in. Surely worth the extra travel time Biggrin
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:06 pm

debaser wrote:
    But imagine, if you combined the two, you could get 9 SA countries qualifying for the WC, more chance of Peru rather than Trinidad & Tobago or Canada sneaking in. Surely worth the extra travel time Biggrin

I have thought about that many years ago about having CONMEBOL and CONCACAF unite and play WC qualifiers as one organization. The number of countries participating will be very close to those from UEFA.

You have the Faroe Islands, San Marino, Andorra, Luxembourg... Over on this side their comparables will be Turks and Caicos, Granada, Suriname...

If the scam allows UEFA to send 13/14 teams to the World Cups, why not send the same number to the Americas?

Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay, Perú, México, Paraguay, Chile, USA, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras are certainly more World Cup worthy than the 13/14 'Peons. You must admit that after the usual suspects from Europe, the rest are SHITE. Switzerland are group winners in UEFA and looked second best against an injury-ridden Honduras for example. Paraguay doesn't even need to break a sweat to beat another UEFA group winner Slovakia.

Netherlands NEEDS the refs to beat Uruguay and Brasil (just nailing that before anyone says "but Puro, the South Americans lost when it mattered the most" as if them teams were beaten by their opponents without any referee help. The same with Paraguay-Spain, it took a huge ref cock-up allowing Spain offside goal to beat Paraguay.

Without that fucking FIFA/UEFA mafia we could've had a Brasil/Uruguay-Paraguay/Germany WC 2010 Final in South Africa. Spain and the Dutchies HAD THE FUCKING REFS in the KO stages. TFS!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm gonna be REALLY nice to you mes amis and c**ts. Make some nice CA$H with Perú winning Copa América. The odds have dropped to 10 and I got them at 2,000 per dollar before CA began! Lost the group winner, but I'll take the trophy! Biggrin

1939-------------------1975-------------------2011 (?)
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Yo Murray! there's this incawill fellow who posted on Vickery's column, he's #113. Apparently he's born in Perú, Peruvian mom and Scottish dad.

"Conspiracy theory" time: I think it's this guy.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Forsyth

Do you know this mason?
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Puro wrote:
    debaser wrote:

I have thought about that many years ago about having CONMEBOL and CONCACAF unite and play WC qualifiers as one organization. The number of countries participating will be very close to those from UEFA.

You have the Faroe Islands, San Marino, Andorra, Luxembourg... Over on this side their comparables will be Turks and Caicos, Granada, Suriname...

If the scam allows UEFA to send 13/14 teams to the World Cups, why not send the same number to the Americas?

Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay, Perú, México, Paraguay, Chile, USA, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras are certainly more World Cup worthy than the 13/14 'Peons. You must admit that after the usual suspects from Europe, the rest are SHITE. Switzerland are group winners in UEFA and looked second best against an injury-ridden Honduras for example. Paraguay doesn't even need to break a sweat to beat another UEFA group winner Slovakia.

Netherlands NEEDS the refs to beat Uruguay and Brasil (just nailing that before anyone says "but Puro, the South Americans lost when it mattered the most" as if them teams were beaten by their opponents without any referee help. The same with Paraguay-Spain, it took a huge ref cock-up allowing Spain offside goal to beat Paraguay.

Without that fucking FIFA/UEFA mafia we could've had a Brasil/Uruguay-Paraguay/Germany WC 2010 Final in South Africa. Spain and the Dutchies HAD THE FUCKING REFS in the KO stages. TFS!

since 1980:

Non-European WC semi-finalists: Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay...South Korea...erm...

European WC semi-finalists: Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France, Portugal, Turkey, Croatia, Sweden, Bulgaria, England, Belgium, Poland

13 different teams. Sure, more teams qualifying gives more chances, but with 13-14 places they have to compete with others like Denmark, Czech Republic, Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia to qualify so it's not like the above get byes into the tournament every time (particularly going back to when it was 16 teams). Unlike, say, Mexico who have never reached the QF outside of when they host the tournament, despite having near-guaranteed qualification each time.

You are desperately holding onto some hypothetical version of history where if only they let every SA team automatically qualify for every WC (and they hadn't been robbed by corrupt fucko referees, or had injuries, or drawn each other, or whatever other litany of excuses...) they'd have more respectable record. Face it, South American football is Brazil, Argentina & Uruguay. None of the others have ever done anything on the world stage..

Chile - one semi-final, never made the QF otherwise.
    Peru - reached the last 8 a couple of times.
    Paraguay - made one QF
    Colombia - never made a QF
    Ecuador - never made a QF
    Bolivia - never won a WC game
    Venezuela - never qualified

This is only backed up when I look at Copa America's history. The tournament has been held 42 times...Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil account for 36 of them! Four of the minnows share the other 6. This year might be the 7th Crazy lol!
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 pm

That is one severe beat down you just handed out there Debbie

Very good Ale Biggrin
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Peru - made a couple of 1/4 finals scratch

They have made one.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Rosicky wrote:Peru - made a couple of 1/4 finals scratch

They have made one.

Read closer. I did not say QF, I said 'last 8'. They made 2nd group stage in 1978, where there was no QF..
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 pm

debaser wrote:
    Rosicky wrote:Peru - made a couple of 1/4 finals scratch

They have made one.

Read closer. I did not say QF, I said 'last 8'. They made 2nd group stage in 1978, where there was no QF..

Sorry i forget about the 78 world cup where Peru bended over and let Argentina shaft them 6-0 so they could qualify for the final. Ale
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 pm

COTR wrote:That is one severe beat down you just handed out there Debbie

Very good Ale Biggrin

Admit it COTR, all Debbie has to say is "well 1 + 1 = -25" and that's enough proof for you to say that he wins the argument (as fucked up as it is), and that's because you like sucking English dick, no?

lol! <Ale>
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Just try to counter it Puro

Just please try Smile
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Puro, 5 spots for SA is enough, instead of 4.5. While North America should have 3, instead of 3.5. Together the Americas would have 8.

Increasing the number to 5.5 and decreasing Concacaf to 2.5 could also be a good idea.

Europe's number of spots are fair IMO, due to the huge number of mediocre teams (by mediocre I mean medium, not good like Germany/Italy, not bad like Andorra/San Marino).

I also think Bolivia and Ecuador should be forbidden to play qualifiers in the altitude. Those c**ts win strange games in the fucking sky and then go to the WC to black SA's name at sea level.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:50 pm

COTR wrote:Just try to counter it Puro

Just please try Smile

At your old ripe age don't you know that internet arguments are pointless, you good old COTR? We may argue whatever the fuck, backwards, sideways, but I KNOW that I am correct! Debbie can lull himself to bed all he wants believing he's right just like you all think that the Rothschilds don't call the shots in England, right!
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Effenberg Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:56 pm

Puro wrote:

Just please try Smile

At your old ripe age don't you know that internet arguments are pointless, you good old COTR? We may argue whatever the fuck, backwards, sideways, but I KNOW that I am correct! Debbie can lull himself to bed all he wants believing he's right just like you all think that the Rothschilds don't call the shots in England, right!

Dazzle us with ARGUMENTS!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Puro, 5 spots for SA is enough, instead of 4.5. While North America should have 3, instead of 3.5. Together the Americas would have 8.

Increasing the number to 5.5 and decreasing Concacaf to 2.5 could also be a good idea.

Europe's number of spots are fair IMO, due to the huge number of mediocre teams (by mediocre I mean medium, not good like Germany/Italy, not bad like Andorra/San Marino).

I also think Bolivia and Ecuador should be forbidden to play qualifiers in the altitude. Those c**ts win strange games in the fucking sky and then go to the WC to black SA's name at sea level.

CONMEBOL/CONCACAF together bring membership to around 50 countries just like UEFA, and believe me there's a lot of SHITE in Europe. I'm not talking the usual suspects, beyond them.

UEFA groups are a fucking joke. There's only two decent teams competing per group, the rest are amateurs or just plain shite teams.

Are you gonna tell me that Slovakia or Switzerland or Greece deserve WC entry over Perú? lol!

We will have 50 members with both CONMEBOL/CONCACAF, let's see us 13 WC spots just like UEFA gets.

Look Perú, Paraguay, Chile could be #1 seeds in groups containing CONCACAF teams just like Switzerland, England get the Andorras, Luxembourg, Azerbaijan, and get to qualify to the WC. If you think England is better than Perú, Chile, Paraguay, then I argue no more. Biggrin <Ale>
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 am

Puro wrote:

Just please try Smile

Pussy Ale
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:16 am

Less than 90m for kick-off. cheers

No one will be supporting Perú. lol!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:27 am

Debbie, almost time, wanna watch the game together?
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:40 am

I do Very Happy though I'm not sure I'll be staying up for the whole match. Almost 2am here..

As a long-time supporter of the underdog, of course I shall be supporting Peru ok
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:48 am

Fucko books a Peruvian in first minute No
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:51 am

Suarez already at full work trying to get people booked. Good player, but a nasty little shit in the C.Ronaldo mould.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 am

Suarez gets taste of own medicine & gets booked thanks to some theatrics ok
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:17 am

Blood-and-thunder kinda game. High paced & physical, end-to-end without many real chances. Ref seems fairly card-happy so could see a red or two yet.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:40 am

debaser wrote:Blood-and-thunder kinda game. High paced & physical, end-to-end without many real chances. Ref seems fairly card-happy so could see a red or two yet.

We're just wearing them out (they are more spent than us after quarterfinals) and we'll just let the game come to us, they'll get more impatient as time goes by.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:59 am

Uh-oh. What's plan B?

Brilliant finish from narrow angle.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:04 am

Uh-oh again. Done on the break with failed offside trap, a bit too easy. Shame to see little cuntface scoring twice.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:07 am

Suarez is God.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:14 am

Did you see how the ref didn't give the yellow to the Uruguayan midfielder when he held our player from behind stopping an attack? lol!

Little shite like that influences a game, the Uruguayan player could see a second yellow next and he's out.

Lugano elbows Guerrero in the face, should be red, but no yellow. The fucking ref will give one of our guys a red but not to Lugano. lol!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 am

OH SHITE! Shocked There goes the red for exactly what Lugano did earlier, but for us. lol!
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 am

Vargas gets red for elbow. Stupid, and you could see something like that coming. Peru lost discipline after 2nd goal.

No way back now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:58 pm