Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
debaser
Aristoskank
Super Progress
The Easter Bunny
robert
Mexicanbecks
Rez
S4P
Deano
blutgraetsche
Kroos
Romford Pele
Sgoater1
DD
110%
lrdsucksgoats
fcb
Parks lives
The Pröfessör
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
SuperMario
Fey
Tom
COTR
Football Genius
DS
Deluded F*ck™
Rosicky
Cesc Soler
Lard
Calidad
Batman
Tweesus
Axeslammer
TM
Roger Hunt
Kimbo
Machiavel
Luis
43 posters

Ryan Babel signs 5 year deal at Liverpool joined by Benayoun

Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Ryan Babel signs 5 year deal at Liverpool joined by Benayoun - Page 3 Empty Re: Ryan Babel signs 5 year deal at Liverpool joined by Benayoun

Post by Football Genius Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:05 pm

All foreign imports carry risk, there is no way to know if Torres and Babel will adapt to the premiership, as we have no idea whether Da Silva will, there is no gurantee either that Anderson or Nani will settle as well as Ronaldo has.

The truth is, untill we watch them play and see how the fit into their new clubs, we won't be able to say whos signed the best players at the best value....

I'd not like to comment on which ones will suceed because the vast majority of the foriegn players who have come in, have the talent for sure to make big impacts for any of the clubs.

I personally think Newcastle have been pretty shrewd in the market, with good purchases that will help the team (specifically defensively) with Owen, Martins and now Viduka all fit and vying for places, they will certainly find the net.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Ryan Babel signs 5 year deal at Liverpool joined by Benayoun - Page 3 Empty Re: Ryan Babel signs 5 year deal at Liverpool joined by Benayoun

Post by Axeslammer Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:05 pm

The Hitman™️ wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:
    £11m for Berbatov was steep, but not ridiculous.

In comparism to Kuyt, It was like going to Del Boy's stall and finding a product from Harrods for sale! cyclops Razz

No idea what that means, but if you imply Kuyt and Berbatov are in the same price-bracket then I agree ok
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:07 pm

I was listening to the radio earlier and a dutch journalist on there said that Babel has got him self a two private coaches, one to imrpove his technique because he knew it was a weakness in his game and another coach to imrpove his running style.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:07 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Luis wrote:Simao Very Happy

Heinze Cool

Depression if it is

As long as rafa doesn't play him at left back I can survive

As far as im aware babel's fee involves a lot of add ons so we'll only pay the full amount if he is a success. I read it was 8 million straight up rising to 12 with the add ons. it could be bullshit but it's more likely than us paying the full amount up front
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:11 pm

Luis wrote:we've spent

20 on Torres
    7 on Lucas
    4 on Benayoun
    10 on Babel

41 mil

and sold

Bellamy 8 mil
    Cisse 6 mil (probably)
    garcia 3 mil
    pongolle 3 mil

20 mil

so 21 million expenditure

Leto also who was aoubt £2 million, and you've bought that Bulgarian GK. Not to mention all the youngsters Pool are snapping up. Proably amouts to another 2-3 million as welll.
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Batman wrote:I was listening to the radio earlier and a dutch journalist on there said that Babel has got him self a two private coaches, one to imrpove his technique because he knew it was a weakness in his game and another coach to imrpove his running style.
    He needs another to improve his finishing. ok

It shows his determination as a player, but it does show he is hardly naturally talented.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:15 pm

Cesc wrote:
    Batman wrote:I was listening to the radio earlier and a dutch journalist on there said that Babel has got him self a two private coaches, one to imrpove his technique because he knew it was a weakness in his game and another coach to imrpove his running style.

It shows his determination as a player, but it does show he is hardly naturally talented.

I think some people are to harsh on him, he is still only 20 years old. But has played for Holland and has Champions League experience. In 3 years time i think he will have improved alot as a player.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:15 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Luis wrote:I'd prefer our signing's to yours, but thats just me, I think in terms of competing with United and Chelsea next season we've made the better purchases thus far

Clearly. You've spent almost £50m to our £6m!

I'm sure there will be at least a couple more signings for us, especially if we sell Ljungberg
    same for chelsea!! We've only spent 13.5!! Wankers.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Batman wrote:
    Cesc wrote:

I think some people are to harsh on him, he is still only 20 years old. But has played for Holland and has Champions League experience. In 3 years time i think he will have improved alot as a player.

He reminds me of a lot of the African players on the market at the moment. Technically raw, but good athletes.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 pm

This 2 coach thing is crying out for a joke....
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:44 pm

Well done Liverpool....you just bought yourself not a winger nor a striker. But pacey Ryan"hipshot" Babel!!!!

I dont know what is worse the ridiculous amount of money for Torres or the ridiculous amount of money for Babe-L Erm

Last edited by on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:45 pm

Calidad wrote:
    Batman wrote:
    Cesc wrote:

He reminds me of a lot of the African players on the market at the moment. Technically raw, but good athletes.

Babel = The next Henry ok

A couple of knock & run goals and some good strikes fom distance & we'll be talking about his "world-beating skill".

Last edited by on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:46 pm

Henry has more technique in his left wrist than Babel has in his entire body
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:47 pm

Tweedle wrote:Henry has more technique in his left wrist than Babel has in his entire body

Both are two very average players!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:48 pm

Tweedle how are you an expert on Babel? did you see him more than most of us last season?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:48 pm

Tweedle wrote:Henry has more technique in his left wrist than Babel has in his entire body

After working at it.

Babel can be the same.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Luis wrote:Tweedle how are you an expert on Babel? did you see him more than most of us last season?

I'm no expert.

But do you honestly think that he'll be comparable for Liverpool to Henry for Arsenal?
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Luis wrote:Tweedle how are you an expert on Babel? did you see him more than most of us last season?

I'm no expert.

But do you honestly think that he'll be comparable for Liverpool to Henry for Arsenal?

Not right now, he's 20 scratch and he's Dutch scratch and he's not a natural striker scratch
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Just the one for his technique??

Very Happy

Let's face it he is 20 and most 8 year olds at his previous club are far more skilled. Babel is the most unskilled attacking player Ajax ever had. It's far too late to get his skills to an acceptable level.

Furthermore he certainly will not get enough playing time to improve.

The transferfee is ridiculous for a player that's only useful as a sub. Something he's actually good at. If nothing else works, you can always count on Babel's unpredictability. Nobody knows what Babel is going to do next not even Ryan himself. He's constantly making up for his poor previous touch (which made the ball go to an unobvious spot) until he ends up up just outside of the box (to the left of goal) and shoots (he's only good at that one shot, coming in from the left) and scores.
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U

Number of posts : 3621
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Patrice Evra
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Luis wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

I'm no expert.

Not right now, he's 20 scratch and he's Dutch scratch and he's not a natural striker scratch

Neither was Henry of course.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4SvCFKCDMw

For the islanders Laughing
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:55 pm

Luis wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

I'm no expert.

Before Henry moved to Arsenal he'd scored goals at a World Cup and scored vital goals for Monaco in the CL.

+ despite TS's agendas he has very good technique
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:57 pm

But can Henry Rap? Smile

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz6Sb9AgWGM&mode=related&search=
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:59 pm

Luis wrote:But can Henry Rap? :)

Doubtful. Maybe thats why you spent £6m too much on him. He'll fill the stadiums on non match days with his MCing
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:02 pm

I reckon we'll get him for about 10 million pounds, why would rafa spend much more on him?
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:03 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:Just the one for his technique??

Very Happy

Let's face it he is 20 and most 8 year olds at his previous club are far more skilled. Babel is the most unskilled attacking player Ajax ever had. It's far too late to get his skills to an acceptable level.

Furthermore he certainly will not get enough playing time to improve.

The transferfee is ridiculous for a player that's only useful as a sub. Something he's actually good at. If nothing else works, you can always count on Babel's unpredictability. Nobody knows what Babel is going to do next not even Ryan himself. He's constantly making up for his poor previous touch (which made the ball go to an unobvious spot) until he ends up up just outside of the box (to the left of goal) and shoots (he's only good at that one shot, coming in from the left) and scores.

That's gotta be one of the most hilarious descriptions I've ever seen for a player. Laugh

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:04 pm

Luis wrote:But can Henry Rap? Smile

Great, we've signed a rapping idiot. He better be good at football!
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:23 pm

henry has got more finesse in his game than babel, but they've got alot of similarities: same built, both are right footed players that like cutting in from the left, they play best when given free role in attack( they are not wingers nor out an out strikers) etc
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:43 pm

At least Agooner sensed I was on the Wind-Up. Razz
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:54 pm

Babel>>Berbatov

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:22 am