Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Historicus
forza_rossi
anglophileHedgehog
christmasborocooper
blutgraetsche
The Easter Bunny
Super Progress
Deluded F*ck™
MightyBarca
EM Seleção e Selecção
Formerly known as sheva7
Balls Grayson
Football Genius
Onur 1905
AcciDrenthe
Kroos
TITO
fcb
Tarun
A & K
mongrel hawk
Black Magic
Lordanger
lampiao007
The Bulk
Axeslammer
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Effenberg
Pierre Littbarski
S4P
Machiavel
Sheffield gunner
Deano
Zack
robert
BoBo Vieri 32
Calidad
Juligen
L.r.d
shazlx
Cesc Soler
Fey
TM
Oleguerisntthatbad
Rosicky
Jaime
Murray
51 posters

The end for Ronaldo?

robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

The end for Ronaldo? - Page 7 Empty Re: The end for Ronaldo?

Post by robert Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:06 am

Can't see it happening, Dunga has moved on, I feel like the country as a whole has too. They have had teething problems replacing him, who wouldn't considering his abilities but i feel like Adriano is becoming more professional, meanwhile Ronaldo is becoming less so. So therefore Adriano will take his place.

TM speaks the arrow of truth though!
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 am

robert wrote:Can't see it happening, Dunga has moved on, I feel like the country as a whole has too. They have had teething problems replacing him, who wouldn't considering his abilities but i feel like Adriano is becoming more professional, meanwhile Ronaldo is becoming less so. So therefore Adriano will take his place.

TM speaks the arrow of truth though!

I feel it would be a great shame if he doesn't. According to Wiki he has 97 caps. Though, I guess if they were just token appearances it would somewhat devalue the achievement anyway.
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:16 am

Well his career has been pretty littered with shames. Shame about those knees. Shame about those convulsions. Shame about the unprofessional conduct. Shame the undisputed most talented player since Maradonna(maybe ever) couldn't carve an undisputed name for himself as one of the best of all time.
    BrianS

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

Post by BrianS Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:40 pm

I think he will still be remembered as one of the best strikers of all time.
    robert
    robert

Post by robert Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:55 pm

I used the word undisputed, he will already go down and one of the best but he could easily have gone down as the absolute best.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:02 pm

robert wrote:I used the word undisputed, he will already go down and one of the best but he could easily have gone down as the absolute best.
    Dont know if he could have done it easily but he was definently around there on talent.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:40 pm

All Ronaldo had to do was stay fit and motivated.

He had tremendous talent, its a pity his career was ruined by terribl knee injuries.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Violin
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Hughes rules out Ronaldo
    City boss says no to Brazil legend

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes has ruled out the possibility of signing Brazil legend Ronaldo once and for all.

It had been thought the former AC Milan, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Barcelona striker could join City once he regains full fitness.

Ronaldo is currently looking to improve his fitness after battling back from a long-term knee injury suffered early in the year.

However, Hughes says regardless of Ronaldo's fitness the 32-year-old will not be joining the Premier League outfit.

"Ronaldo is not an option," stated Hughes. "It doesn't matter whether he proves his fitness.

""I'm surprised that he says he wants to come here, but I don't want him and that's my decision."
    ----------------------------------------

So Hughes is a smart guy. PSG might sign Ronaldo. Fools.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Brazilian forward Ronaldo has admitted that he may retire from football instead of plotting a comeback from his latest injury worry...

The 32-year-old has been out of commission since last February when he ruptured knee ligaments in a Serie A match while playing for AC Milan.

After the expiration of his contract last summer, Ronaldo recuperated in Brazil and started his march to fitness by training with Flamengo.

A number of European clubs are still interested in taking the World Cup winner on board, with Manchester City, PSG and Siena known to have sounded out a potential deal.

However, Ronaldo himself is unsure as to whether or not he will return to the game. The former PSV Eindhoven striker stated that he will be not rushed into a comeback, as he has not decided for certain to continue playing.

He told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I don't know if I will continue to play or if I will retire. I have not taken a decision yet.

"I am in no hurry to make a decision. I want to complete my recovery.

"I could decide tomorrow or in a month's time what to do, but I still don't know."

This week saw the Phenomenon cross the white line for the first time in almost a year when he took part in a charity fixture in Morocco alongside former Real Madrid colleague Zinedine Zidane.

Ronaldo concedes that returning to the pitch invoked some fond memories, but also exposed the work he still needs to do in order to gain full fitness.

He continued: "It was beautiful to return to play because football is my life. But it was just an exhibition as I only played for 22 minutes.

"Professional football is a different issue."

Meanwhile, the player's agent Fabiano Farah has confirmed that Ronaldo will not be joining Siena under any circumstances.

He told GloboEsporte: "There is no chance he will play for Siena.

"Everyone would like to have a player like Ronaldo on his team and we appreciate all the interest, but with all due respect to Siena, after nine months recovering Ronaldo cannot play for a team that is struggling to not fall [into Serie B]. He has to play for a competitive team."
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:45 pm

The bald-headed chief has not completely ruled out a return for one of the game's favourite characters.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has hinted at a return for former Real Madrid striker Ronaldo.

The Brazilian was released by Milan earlier this year after suffering from a severe knee injury which almost ended his career. However, Ronaldo has recovered but he is currently clubless and looking for a way back into the game.

His agent Fabiano Farah recently spoke of a possible return to Milan and Galliani has not ruled it out.

"Ronaldo to return? We are not sure about January but who knows in future," Galliani told AGI.

"You never know what can happen in football but for now it's not possible to hypothesise."

It's unlikely Ronaldo will return to Milan as the Rossoneri are covered well up front. The Brazilian recently turned down offers from Paris Saint Germain and Siena. A move back to Brazil is more probable for the struggling hit-man.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:37 am

Ronaldo Ale

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal_ronaldo_goes_clubbing&prov=goal&type=lgns
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:23 pm

no problem. before nightclubbing, he was in the Gaviões da Fiel(Corinthians barrabravas) headquarters, cheering with the fans and wearing their uniform.

Mano Menezes is right: he's following the recovery programme and in his free time he can do whatever he wants. cannot blame him. it's impossible not to dive deep into the night in a city like São Paulo.

The end for Ronaldo? - Page 7 37114497yb1
    The end for Ronaldo? - Page 7 W450
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:26 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:no problem. before nightclubbing, he was in the Gaviões da Fiel(Corinthians barrabravas) headquarters, cheering with the fans and wearing their uniform.

Mano Menezes is right: he's following the recovery programme and in his free time he can do whatever he wants. cannot blame him. it's impossible not to dive deep into the night in a city like São Paulo.

The end for Ronaldo? - Page 7 37114497yb1
    The end for Ronaldo? - Page 7 W450
    Oh ok cause I was getting worried he was back to being stupid again. Figured you would be mad. When he is expected to play again?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:04 pm