Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Historicus
forza_rossi
anglophileHedgehog
christmasborocooper
blutgraetsche
The Easter Bunny
Super Progress
Deluded F*ck™
MightyBarca
EM Seleção e Selecção
Formerly known as sheva7
Balls Grayson
Football Genius
Onur 1905
AcciDrenthe
Kroos
TITO
fcb
Tarun
A & K
mongrel hawk
Black Magic
Lordanger
lampiao007
The Bulk
Axeslammer
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Effenberg
Pierre Littbarski
S4P
Machiavel
Sheffield gunner
Deano
Zack
robert
BoBo Vieri 32
Calidad
Juligen
L.r.d
shazlx
Cesc Soler
Fey
TM
Oleguerisntthatbad
Rosicky
Jaime
Murray
51 posters

The end for Ronaldo?

Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

The end for Ronaldo? - Page 2 Empty Re: The end for Ronaldo?

Post by Machiavel Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:No

Legend.

The best one on one finisher ever (Anelka not far behind).

The best no 9 with Batigol just behind.

That chest-waxing fag of a pace-merchant who plays for United isn't fit to share his name.

What about: Ronaldo de Assís Moreira ?

btw the best no9 ever was : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpu9JG1ss9Y

It is scientific fact.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:01 pm

Raifael wrote:
    S4P wrote:Could have been the greatest player of all time. Sadly bad diets (which are partly responsible for the injuries imo) and horrific injuries have intervened. Will still go down as one of the games greats, but not as one of the top 10 greats like Zidane imo.

Unlikely. As Fey said Romario was better than Ronaldo. 3rd time he's done his tendon, man has no luck.

at their peaks? i dont think so
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Effenberg Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:03 pm

He was a mercenary, but also one of the best strikers I've ever seen. Hopefully he'll be able to make a life for himself after football.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Raifael wrote:
    S4P wrote:Could have been the greatest player of all time. Sadly bad diets (which are partly responsible for the injuries imo) and horrific injuries have intervened. Will still go down as one of the games greats, but not as one of the top 10 greats like Zidane imo.

Unlikely. As Fey said Romario was better than Ronaldo. 3rd time he's done his tendon, man has no luck.

When it came to 1 on 1 no one comes close to Romario. Cruijff (ex coach) - "genius of the goal area". Maradona said he was the best Forward he’s ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhjxcKqFfLc
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:15 pm

Raifael wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Raifael wrote:

When it came to 1 on 1 no one comes close to Romario. Cruijff (ex coach) - "genius of the goal area". Maradona said he was the best Forward he’s ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhjxcKqFfLc

like others have said, Ronaldo was practically unplayable at his peak, Romario may have had the edge on finishing, but Ronaldo offered more overall.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:16 pm

Posting youtube videos means $h!t.

I could post this very popular one of Ronaldo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kWvdYQ75VA

And probably bet you that no one over the span of their career has ever rounded keepers as much as he has.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:22 pm

Adieu Ronaldo. A great player.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:23 pm

robert wrote:Posting youtube videos means $h!t.

I could post this very popular one of Ronaldo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kWvdYQ75VA

And probably bet you that no one over the span of their career has ever rounded keepers as much as he has.

Check out Bobby Robson's reaction to his goal lol!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Amelia: I Heard Ronaldo's Knee Make A Sound As He Injured It
    Livorno goalkeeper Marco Amelia admits he heard Ronaldo’s knee make a nasty sound as it buckled and sent Il Fenomeno into a nightmare agony.

The Brasilian suffered a serious injury which could, as many have feared, end his career. Milan drew 1-1 with Livorno on Wednesday night but the news which will make all the headlines is Ronaldo’s latest disaster.

Amelia who was only metres away from Ronaldo spoke of what he witnessed as the Brazilian striker went down in a heap of pain.

“You can’t understand the noise Ronaldo’s knee made, I heard it though,” Amelia told Sky Sport Italia.

It seems as if the 2002 World Cup winner has suffered the same injury as he did on April 12, 2000 when he went down in agony during Inter’s game with Lazio at the Stadio Oilimpico in Rome.

Although there is no confirmation as to the extent of his injury, Milan’s Daniele Bonera has all but confirmed the club’s worst fears.

“Straight away Ronaldo told us: It’s like last time,” Bonera told Telelombardia.

The injury in 2000 kept the striker in the treatment room for almost two years and Inter continued to pay his wages until he swapped the San Siro for the Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid.

It seems likely that Ronaldo will be out for the rest of the season and it may be the last time we see him on a football pitch.

goal.com
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:11 am

BoBo Vieri wrote:

like others have said, Ronaldo was practically unplayable at his peak, Romario may have had the edge on finishing, but Ronaldo offered more overall.

Lol, you really haven't seen much of Romario then Ale

Both the Brazilians and Dutchies agree Romario > Ronaldo

so that's almost official Whistle

....without kidding : most Dutchies (me included) will say Ronaldo and Romario are two of the best and special players that have ever graced de Eredivisie and that Romario was the better of the two ok
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by The Bulk Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:16 am

I remember I first heard about him during WC 1994 in the USA. On the evidence of Romario and Ronaldo, all Brazilian strikers should move to Holland at the start of their European careers.

Pace, power, acceleration, strength, the ability to finish, and basically the whole kit and caboodle!

I loved it when he motored past his opponents.
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:22 am

Ronlado was something especial, even considering is size
    But I prefer "O Baixinho"
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:28 am

Ronaldo was such a happy and innocent youth in his early Eredivisie years, I've never seen him really happy after that....

I've always thought he would have lived a better life without all those huge sponsor deals, sometimes fame and fortune really isn't worth it.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:32 am

Axeslammer wrote:
    BoBo Vieri wrote:

Lol, you really haven't seen much of Romario then Ale

Both the Brazilians and Dutchies agree Romario > Ronaldo

so that's almost official Whistle

....without kidding : most Dutchies (me included) will say Ronaldo and Romario are two of the best and special players that have ever graced de Eredivisie and that Romario was the better of the two ok

Yes ive seen more of Ronaldo than Romario given my age, which does make me slighlty biased.

No doubt, overall looking back at their careers, Romario>Ronaldo. But from what i saw of Ronaldo at Barca and Inter, he was practically unplayable.
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:37 am

bad times.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:41 am

Crying or Very sad

I don't even care about him not facing Arsenal, this is terrible news throughout the football loving community.

One of the greatest strikers ever and a man that can only be matched by Zidane in this generation. No one could put a smile on a neutrals face as much and as often as Ronaldo did.

To Ronaldo, a legend of his time who graced the annals of history being regarded as "One of the best"

<Ale>
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:43 am

Raifael wrote:

MY ASS, that overrated twat was not better than Ronaldo. Ronnie shined in the Spanish, Italian and Dutch league, Ronaldo with Rivaldo carried a Brazil team to glory in the 2002 WC, Romario had a very strong defense team behind him, Ronaldo is the brazilian who more goals scored wearing the Brazil shirt with the exception of Pele.

Don’t get me start with Romario, who played well in the Ducth league, had ONE great season with Barcelona then moved his ass to Brazil league. His Barcelona team took a spanking from Milan and he did $hit in that game. Ronaldo was a phenomenon.

My heart is just broken right now.
    Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:49 am

Romario has 71 goals for Brazil, Ronaldo 62 ?

Really is a sad day for Football. Never forget that hat trick against Manchester United.
    Juligen
    Juligen

Post by Juligen Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 am

Raifael wrote:Romario has 71 goals for Brazil, Ronaldo 62 ?

Really is a sad day for Football. Never forget that hat trick against Manchester United.

Ronaldo has 73
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:05 am

Various sources on the web says he has 62, I don’t know how they came to that but since Ronaldo hasn’t played for the national team since the 2006 WC I thought they would make sure they got it correct..
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC

Post by Calidad Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:09 am

I'm so sad.

Ronaldo is my favourite player of all time. I grew up in the whole 'Ronaldo No 9 boots' generation, and at one time was in awe of him.

I was so disappointed when the BBC WC panel mocked him in 2006.

Truly once in a life time talent. I personally think he was better than Romario, but like Bobo I did see much more of Ronaldo, so I'm probably biased too. Both fantastic players, but for me no sight was better in football than big Ron with a smile on his face after rounding yet another keeper.
    Juligen
    Juligen

Post by Juligen Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:11 am

I was thinking maybe the Italian work out program was too much for him. We all know that in Italy the fitness program is much harder than in other leagues. His body was already too tired, I am not saying that is Milan fault at all, is just that maybe European Football is too much for Ronaldo now.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:26 am

Calidad wrote:

This really annoyed me also. They showed such ignorance in what had happenend in la liga that previous season also. Sure he was a little overweight but to take up 10 minutes to try and bash a living legend non stop was just pathetic.

They looked foolish in the end though, as in the next game he scored two goals.

Ronaldo for Barca was just on another level to what i had seen of Romario but i didn't see much of the two at PSV.

Juligen Hug Don't worry Pato will create so many new memories Biggrin . Lets be honest, Ronaldo was struggling to be fit all the time. It's sad to see such a great player being overweight and out of shape, or looking like half the man he once was. Maybe it's better to retire now and just remember how good he truely was.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:39 am

L r d wrote:
    Calidad wrote:

This really annoyed me also. They showed such ignorance in what had happenend in la liga that previous season also. Sure he was a little overweight but to take up 10 minutes to try and bash a living legend non stop was just pathetic.

They looked foolish in the end though, as in the next game he scored two goals.

Ronaldo for Barca was just on another level to what i had seen of Romario but i didn't see much of the two at PSV.

Juligen Hug Don't worry Pato will create so many new memories Biggrin . Lets be honest, Ronaldo was struggling to be fit all the time. It's sad to see such a great player being overweight and out of shape, or looking like half the man he once was. Maybe it's better to retire now and just remember how good he truely was.

Was disgraceful.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:44 am

The end for Ronaldo? - Page 2 Ronaldo-curiosidades
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:55 am

That WC final of 1998..he should have been there!! I think the french secret service drugged him or anything....I guess I need AGM's vision on this one!
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:10 am

what a pity. sad for him.

maybe that's not the right time to say, but since you're discussing it, I'll do it: Romário was better. and he's generally regarded as better than Ronaldo in Brazil.

I guess Juligen's Flamenguista heart explains her opinion. Wink
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:58 am

Sad news for football, but who knows he might play again if the motivation's still there.
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:54 am

Sad news for the football world.

Adios No. 9....one of the best player that there ever was
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:10 am

Sad news...great player.

Only blemish in his career was moving to Madrid - the coaching changes, administrative C0ck-ups, and Roberto Carlos's company ruined his fitness and motivation. Should have stayed faithful to Inter instead of chasing the money.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:41 pm